Physical Manectric?

Has anyone tried a Physical Manetric is UU/NU/BL. I don't think it would last in Overused, but stranger things have happend. I don't have all the stats it would be nice if someone could help with that. I had this as an idea

Manectric@Choice Band / King's Rock / Scope Lens
- Spark
- Crunch / Bite
- Iron Tail
- Quick attack / Giga Impact / Return

Spark would be for a STAB, Crunch for Banette and Rotom, Iron Tail for Golem and other other Rocks. Quick Attack for finish over End/Reversals types, if there are any in UU. Maybe even Giga Impact for more damage as a finishing move, as long as they were below like 30%. Return, incase you don't want to wait for Giga Impact's recharge, since I'm pretty sure Manectric can't take hits well. You could use Fire Fang, and Ice Fang, or Thunder Fang, but the accuracy isn't that great. I had orginal thought it would be good this set

- Thunder Fang
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang
- Crunch

But, I don't think he can get all those move legally. I hope this hasn't been done. Any ideas?

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/manectric -_-

And you will see at once why you should not bother: 75 Atk vs 105 SpAtk, combined with 95 base power Thunderbolt versus 65 base power Thunder Fang, with an accuracy problem too. That's simply an awful degrade in power, only made up for by the fact that you now hit on Defense. Which is "great" on the first Grumpig or Hypno that switches in, and from there only going to bite you in the ass more.

Plus, you know you have a sorry excuse for a movepool when Iron Tail and Giga Impact appear on your moveset.

I tried a mixed Manectric for a while, but as Mekkah said.. the difference in attack/specail attack is too great to make it work. Manectric really wants max speed as well, further decreasing his physical power.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can't see a physical Manectric really working in any tier. I guess the element of surprise is good, but after the initial surprise he'll just suck. His attack stat and physical move pool are vastly inferior to his special attack stat and special move pool so I can't see any advantage in using a physical Manectric over a special one. I don't expect to see a lot of positive results from it, and I'm too lazy to do it myself, but maybe you could provide some damage calculations to prove this sets viability.

Luxray with a choice scarf hits as hard as Manectric with a choice band and is faster thanks to the scarf... base 120 attack vs base 75 makes a big difference.

Torkoal and Shuckle are SLOW, Luxray's speed is average, well perhaps a little below, but hardly comparable to the former.

I think Mekkah has pretty much summed up why this idea will struggle to compete, although it is worth considering that quick attack on a special set can pay off every now and again.

I really don't know where this is going. Luxray pulls this off better, and destroys walls in UU, where as Manectric is better at hitting things such as Blastoise with Thunderbolt and 2HKOing it

Seriously, Luxray does this job better, and with horrible accurcy with Thunder Fang, there isn't a poing to use this.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Uh, yeah, this set kinda blows, sorry. Luxray does it better even with crappy Speed.

Also, for the fitieth time, BL is not a tier of weaker Pokémon! Why won't people get that the difference between BL and OU is usage, not power?

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just to give you some insight on how bad of an idea this is:

Luxray with 0 Attack EVs and a neutral nature - 276 Atk

Manectric with 252 Attack EVs and a +Atk nature - 273 Atk

On top of that, Luxray is about a million times bulkier than Manectric, which compensates for the lower speed. Sorry, but it's just an awful idea. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)