Pikapwnd Vs. jas61292! Can the SoS ref competently?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this all written up RP style then accidentally closed the tab :(

Summary: SoS and Buggo the Caterpie are contemplating their place in the universe, getting nowhere. Pikapwnd and jas61292 show up, angry, possibly because one is banging the other's mother, we don't know. SoS intervenes, due to a desperate need for counters.

3v3 Doubles
3 day DQ
3 recovers 5 chills
Please basics only =D

The arena will be Nature Valley, (mad props to Glacier Knight for this design)

Nature Valley: A fairly large valley nestled west of Mistralton City, this secluded area has been unperturbed by human activity for hundreds of years. The valley has slopes at an incline of 70 degrees all around, with a thick moss coating it, giving pokemon who are climbing down the treacherous slope some traction. Other than the slopes and an open field in the southern section, the whole valley (and around the valley) is full of many big, stable trees (Oaks, Maples, etc.) that will allow any agile pokemon to have the upper hand in a battle staged here. The sun is shining but there are many clouds in the sky, blocking the sun every so often. Because the valley is covered in vegetation little dirt or sand is exposed, making sandstorms unable to happen, although heavy rain and hailstorms can be summoned. The ground is soft enough so that pokemon can dig, and in the northern section of the valley there is a small pond (five feet deep, twenty-five feet wide, twenty feet long). Summary: no sandstorm, rain hail and sunny day can be summoned, digging is allowed, huge area with cramped quarters (besides the field in the south), huge trees able to hold large weights, water accessible.​
Sure, I'll try this out.

Switch = KO
No Items
1 Ability
Team Pikapwnd:

Elekid [Rawr] (M)

Nature: Naughty (Adds 1 Rank to Attack; Subtracts 1 Rank from Spdef)

Type: Electric
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments
Abilities:
Static: (Innate) This pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this pokemon.
[DW Locked] Vital Spirit: (inate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4 (+ nature)
Def: Rank 2
Satk: Rank 3
Sdef: Rank 1 (- nature)
Spe: 95

Moves:
Quick attack
Leer
ThunderPunch
ThunderShock
Low Kick
Swift
Shock Wave
Light Screen

Cross chop
Fire punch
Ice punch

Substitute
Thunder
Rain dance

Mantyke [Maor hugs] (F)
Nature: Relaxed (Adds One (1) Rank to Defense; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.

Type:
Water: Summary: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas

Abilities:
Water Absorb: Type: Innate
This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with water to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself.

Swift swim: Type: Innate
The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.

[DW Locked] Water Veil: Type: Innate
Pokemon with this ability always have their body coated in a lair of water which prevents burns.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1
Def: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 43 (-)

Moves:
Tackle
Bubble
Supersonic
Bubblebeam
Headbutt
Agility
Wing attack

Haze
Hydro Pump
Mirror Coat

Toxic
Ice Beam
Attract

Tyrogue [Kisses] (F)
Nature: Jolly (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage and Lowers Satk by 1)
Type: fightingFighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters
Abilities: Guts: Type: Innate
This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn
Steadfast: Type: Innate
If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round
[DW locked] Vital Spirit: (inate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.

Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 40 (+)

tackle
helping hand
fake out
foresight

counter
hi jump kick
pursuit

double team
bulk up
earthquake

Team jas61292:

Cyndaquil(*) (M)
Nature: Naïve (A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks; Subtracts * from Special Defense)

Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Flash Fire (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).

Stats:
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 75 (65 * 1.15 = 74.75 rounds to 75)

EC: 3/9
MC: 0
DC: 2/5

Attacks:

Tackle (*)
Leer (*)
Smokescreen (*)
Ember (*)
Quick Attack (*)
Flame Wheel (*)
Defense Curl (*)
Flamethrower
Eruption

Extrasensory (*)
Flare Blitz (*)
Foresight (*)

Double Team (*)
Flame Charge (*)
Will-o-Wisp (*)
Hidden Power Electric (7)

Riolu(*) Ike (M)
Nature: Mild (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Defense)

Type: Fighting
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Work Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Steadfast: (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference.
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Prankster (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 60

EC: 4/6

Attacks:

Quick Attack (*)
Foresight (*)
Endure (*)
Counter (*)
Force Palm (*)
Feint (*)
Reversal (*)
Screech (*)
Nasty Plot

Agility (*)
Blaze Kick (*)
Vacuum Wave (*)

Focus Blast (*)
Shadow Claw (*)
Work Up (*)
Hidden Power Ice (7)

Porygon (Blaster)
Nature: Modest (Special Attack increased by *; Attack decreased by *)

Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities:
Trace: (Can be activated) This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace Trace for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Download: (Innate) At the beginning of the match, the Pokemon analyzes the opponent and downloads data that lets it deal more damage. This Pokemon receives a one (1) stage increase on the offense that strikes an opponent’s weaker defense stat. (e.g. does more damage with special attacks when facing Aggron, which has higher defense, and attack when facing Hypno, which has higher special defense. For ties, Attack is raised.) This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Analytic (DW): (Can be activated) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Porygon
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 40

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Conversion
Conversion 2
Sharpen
Tackle
Agility
Psybeam
Recover
Magnet Rise
Tri Attack
Discharge
Magic Coat

Thunder Wave
Ice Beam
Toxic

Turn order:
Pikapwnd releases.
jas61292 releases and orders.
Pikapwnd orders.
I ref.
Pikapwnd orders.
jas61292 orders.
I ref. Got it? Ready... GO!

EDIT: I goofed already. Specify which ability you're using when you send your Pokémon out.

I find my favorite spot by the pond early to set up my hammock and quietly relax before the battle. I lay in my hammock reading a book and listening to I'm reading a book on my ipod, I see my awaited opponent and get everyone ready "Kisses & Rawr, you guys ready for your first tag team?" The Gutsy Tyrogue and Static charged elekid both share a grin, and quit sparring while they await their opponent.

Tyrogue [Kisses] (F)
Nature: Jolly (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage and Lowers Satk by 1)
Type: fightingFighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters
Abilities: Guts: Type: Innate
This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn
Steadfast: Type: Innate
If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round
[DW locked] Vital Spirit: (inate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.

SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 40 (+)

tackle
helping hand
fake out
foresight

counter
hi jump kick
pursuit

double team
bulk up
earthquake

Elekid [Rawr] (M)

Nature: Naughty (Adds 1 Rank to Attack; Subtracts 1 Rank from Spdef)

Type: Electric
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments
Abilities:
Static: (Innate) This pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this pokemon.
[DW Locked] Vital Spirit: (inate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+ nature)
Satk: Rank 3
Sdef: Rank 1 (- nature)
Spe: 95

Moves:
Quick attack
Leer
ThunderPunch
ThunderShock
Low Kick
Swift
Shock Wave
Light Screen

Cross chop
Fire punch
Ice punch

Substitute
Thunder
Rain dance

Pikapwnd, in no part of your Elekid's description do I see Motor Drive. I'm sure it doesn't get Motor Drive til Electivire. Please edit your post to reflect this, I guess you mean Static.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK, lets do this. Ike, you have proven to be great in singles so far, so you deserve the honor of starting our first double battle. And you can team up with our newest team member, Blaster. Show em how it's done.

I'm not too big a fan of either of the opponent's abilities, at least for a Porygon, so Trace would be pointless. So instead, lets go with Download for Blaster and then Inner Focus for Ike.

Though, how exactly does Download work in a double battle? I couldn't find that anywhere. Do I get to choose who to download from, or is it random. If I get to choose, I would obviously choose Elekid to get the SpA boost.

Porygon (Blaster)
Nature: Modest (Special Attack increased by *; Attack decreased by *)

Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities:
Trace: (Can be activated) This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace Trace for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Download: (Innate) At the beginning of the match, the Pokemon analyzes the opponent and downloads data that lets it deal more damage. This Pokemon receives a one (1) stage increase on the offense that strikes an opponent’s weaker defense stat. (e.g. does more damage with special attacks when facing Aggron, which has higher defense, and attack when facing Hypno, which has higher special defense. For ties, Attack is raised.) This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Analytic (DW): (Can be activated) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Porygon
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 40

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Conversion
Conversion 2
Sharpen
Tackle
Agility
Psybeam
Recover
Magnet Rise
Tri Attack
Discharge
Magic Coat

Thunder Wave
Ice Beam
Toxic

Riolu(*) Ike (M)
Nature: Mild (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Defense)

Type: Fighting
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Work Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Steadfast: (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference.
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Prankster (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 60

EC: 4/6

Attacks:

Quick Attack (*)
Foresight (*)
Endure (*)
Counter (*)
Force Palm (*)
Feint (*)
Reversal (*)
Screech (*)
Nasty Plot

Agility (*)
Blaze Kick (*)
Vacuum Wave (*)

Focus Blast (*)
Shadow Claw (*)
Work Up (*)
Hidden Power Ice (7)

Blaster will start off by using Toxic on that Elekid. Meanwhile Ike should Nastily Plot our victory, following that up by nailing Tyrogue with a Focus Blast. Blaster should then speed itself up with some Agility, before blasting Tyrogue with a Tri Attack. Then we'll finish up with Ike firing off another Focus Blast, this time at Elekid.

Ike: Nasty Plot - Focus Blast (Tyrogue) - Focus Blast (Elekid)
Blaster: Toxic (Elekid) - Agility - Tri Attack (Tyrogue)

jas, I need Pikapwnd's orders before yours, that's the turn order... And I believe you get to choose for Download, and that's how we'll play unless I hear otherwise.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I thought it worked that the one who issued the challenge sends out first, but the opponent orders first. That's how all my other battles have gone.

Okay Tyrogue Fake out Blaster and then to keep the mind games going make a 4 man double team, and finish up with a Hi Jump Kick Straight at blaster, maybe you can use the jump to dodge the tri attack, but your prioity is to destroy that computer virus.

Elekid, open with protection light screen straight away then break down their defenses with leer and finish up with a cross chop at blaster.

Kisses: Fake Out (blaster) ~ Double team (4) ~ Hi Jump Kick (dodge if possible) (hit blaster)

Rawr: Light Screen ~ Leer ~ Cross Chop (blaster)

I'll be treating flinching as if it moves actions back one action, k?

Team Pikapwnd:

(Static)
Energy: 100
Boosts/Drops: Normal
Actions: Light Screen ~ Leer ~ Cross Chop (Blaster)

(Guts)
Actions: Fake Out (Blaster) ~ Double team (4) ~ Hi Jump Kick (dodge if possible) (hit Blaster)

Team jas61292:

(Inner Focus)
Actions: Nasty Plot - Focus Blast (Tyrogue) - Focus Blast (Elekid)

(Download)
Boosts/Drops: +1 Special Attack (permanent)
Actions: Toxic (Elekid) - Agility - Tri Attack (Tyrogue)

Buggo fires off a celebratory String Shot to indicate that the battle is begun!

Action 1:

Kisses moves first, darting towards Blaster with incredible speed, and smacking him across the face! Ouch! Looks like he Faked him Out real good. Blaster will be feeling that for a while... Meanwhile, Rawr the Elekid focusses his mind, creating a bright wall of light between the two teams. Looks like it'll weaken enemy special moves. Good for team Pika, less so for jas! But Ike is doing some focussing of his own. He looks pretty evil, actually. Nasty, one might say. He chuckles to himself. And unfortunately, Blaster's still reeling from the earlier Fake Out, so he skips his turn. Flinch is a bitch, huh?

Action 2:

Rawr moves first this time, and takes advantage of his intimidating nature to Leer at his opponents, who can't really hold their own in staring contests. They both lose some defense there! Ike, however, says fuck you, and launches an energy orb at Kisses! ... Too bad it missed! (883/1000) Ike can't be happy with that one, especially as Kisses proceeds to create 4 clones of herself. Blaster spits some purple, poisonous globs at Elekid, and manages to fatally poison him! Nice Toxic attack! Elekid winces as he takes poison damage.

Action 3:

Rawr's up first again, and he blasts forward, arms in an X-shape at Blaster, and chops at him harshly! Wow, that looked painful! Ike, enraged at his comrade's pain, goes for another Focus Blast, this time at Rawr, and this time, he finds his mark! No crap, he was like 10 feet away... No crit or special defense drop though! Rawr was caught off guard by the ball though, and is forced back towards his partner. He's very grateful for the protection of Light Screen right now! Meanwhile Blaster forces all power to his thrusters, and increases his speed with Agility! Quite a boon. Tyrogue ends the round with a Hi Jump Kick, she leaps into the air, and comes down HARD on Blaster, yeowch! He'll be feeling that tomorrow. Poor little virtual duck thing :(

Calcs:
Tyrogue used Fake Out (5 damage, 4 energy). Blaster flinched!
Elekid used Light Screen (8 energy)
Riolu used Nasty Plot (7 energy)
Blaster did jack.
Elekid used Leer (4 energy)
Riolu used Focus Blast (5 energy)
Tyrogue used Double Team (4 clones 16 energy)
Blaster used Toxic (7 energy) Elekid was poisoned.
Elekid took poison damage (1)
Elekid used Cross Chop (28 damage, 7 energy? I think that's right...)
Riolu used Focus Blast (15 damage, 9 energy)
Blaster used Agility (7 energy)
Tyrogue used Hi Jump Kick (31 damage, 7 energy)
Elekid took poison damage (1)

Wow, reffing is hard :(

Rawr:
HP: 73
Energy: 81
Boosts/ Drops: None

Kisses:
Energy: 73
Boosts/Drops: Double Team (4 clones)

Ike:
Energy: 79
Boosts/Drops: +2 Special Attack, -1 Defense

Light Screen remains up for FOUR actions.

Blaster:
HP: 36
Energy: 86
Boosts/Drops: +2 Speed, +1 Special Attack (Download), -1 Defense

Rawr and kisses look at each other, nod and knowing they need to take out the porygon so Moar hugs can be a beast later. =D Kisses puts a hand on Rawr's shoulder, these brothers ready to go unto death for their sister.

Guys! Its time to finish this, Kisses give Rawr a Helping Hand as he Cross Chops Blaster before he can recover.

Kisses bulk up for the second round unless blaster was unfinished, if so Destroy him with a Hi Jump Kick!! Rawr Start the pressure on Ike Smash him with with a Thunderpunch!

Rawr lets make it rain! start dancing like your twinkletoes! Kisses Hi jump kick on Ike unless by some miracle blaster is still alive and then Save it for him!

Summary
Kisses: Helping Hand ~ Bulk Up/Hi Jump Kick (Blaster) ~ Hi Jump Kick (Ike)
Rawr: Cross Chop (blaster) ~ Thunderpunch (Ike) ~ Rain Dance

jas61292

used substitute
OK, bad start. Nothing we can do about that now. But we can make up for it.

Blaster, I need you to stay alive, so use Agility to dodge that Cross Chop. In the mean time Ike, I need you to to get ride of all those Double Team clones, so use Foresight to find the real one. (Thanks Pikapwnd, by the way. It was from looking at one of you other battles that I got the idea of using Agility to dodge.)

Once you know which is real, nail it with your Palm in a very Forceful way. Thanks to the speed boost you already have, Blaster, you should be faster than Kisses, so once you have evaded that Cross Chop, use Conversion 2 to turn into something that resists Fighting before you get hit with that kick. I know its random, but if you get Ghost, that would be amazing.

Then lets finish the round off by having Ike Work himself Up, and Blaster Recover some health, though if Blaster failed to survive this far, Ike, you should Counter that HJK instead.

Ike: Foresight (Kisses) - Force Palm (Kisses) - Work Up
Blaster: Evasive Agility - Conversion 2 - Recover
If Blaster is KOed before third action, Ike should use Counter instead of Work Up

thats pretty legit stealing my own tactic =D except its not mine but you learneded it from me and real quick like i want to thank SoS for being a ref since its his 1st time. and it seems like it would be really rough and i just want to thank you

i gots you a cookies

Aw, Pika. That's sweet. I appreciate that. Thanks. It's a pleasure though, reffin for you guys. However, your kindness doesn't mean I'll show any bias. I'd be so mad at myself if I did. OK, ROUND TWO! ... Hey, Buggo, what're you doing with my cookie? NOOOOOOOOOO! He... HE NOMMED IT! T_T

Also, reffing while your neighbours are drilling... Something... Is a pain.

Rawr (Static):
Energy: 81
Speed: 95
Actions: Cross Chop (Blaster) ~ Thunderpunch (Ike) ~ Rain Dance

Kisses (Guts):
Energy: 73
Speed: 40
Boosts/Drops: Double Team (4 clones)
Actions: Helping Hand ~ Bulk Up/Hi Jump Kick (Blaster) ~ Hi Jump Kick (Ike)

Light Screen remains up for FOUR actions.

Ike (Inner Focus):
Energy: 79
Speed: 60
Boosts/Drops: +1 Special Attack, -1 Defense
Actions: Foresight (Kisses) - Force Palm (Kisses) - Work Up/Counter if Blaster is KOed

Blaster (Download):
HP: 36
Energy: 86
Speed: 80 (+2)
Boosts/Drops: +2 Speed, +1 Special Attack (Download), -1 Defense
Actions: Evasive Agility - Conversion 2 - Recover

Turn order: Rawr > Blaster > Ike > Kisses

Action 1:
Kisses is first to move, giving Rawr a helping hand with his Cross Chop... Literally! She picks him up and throws him at Blaster! Uh... Duck for cover! Speaking of ducks, Blaster engages his circuits again, and matrixes his way across the field to dodge the Chop. Ooh, Rawr is not happy. Ike, unnoticed, begins to sense the movements of the real Kisses, whose clones are pulling hilarious faces at me. At once, he opens his eyes, and they disappear! Only the real Kisses is left, and she suddenly looks very alone. D'aww. Rawr grits his teeth as he takes more poison damage, however.

Action 2:
Smarting from the failure of his last assault, Rawr roars to the heavens, and smashes Ike in the face with a mighty ThunderPunch! Lucky for him there was no parahax, but still, that's gotta sting. Blaster, meanwhile takes no notice of his partner being pummelled, and instead, realligns his circuits to change his type to something that resists Fighting (Flying/Ghost/Bug/Psychic). Survey says... Flying! Sorry jas, I know Ghost would've been hilarious. Ike, in lieu of walloping his attacker, strikes hard at Kisses with a Force Palm. Lots of Fighting moves flying around today! She slides back a little from the force, but isn't paralysed. As shown when she promptly jumps high into the air, and kicks Blaster in the face. Which I find hilarious. More poison for Rawr though.

Action 3:
As usual, Rawr leads the round, and this time he decides to do a little jig for us. Uh... Ok... Wait, why are there clouds all over the place!? Did he use Rain Dance? Interesting manoeuvre. Meanwhile, nanobots seem to be swarming all over Blaster, and he seems somewhat refreshed. Judicious use of Recover there! Next is Ike, who opts to get all het up and everything. His attacks will be a little stronger now! And finally, Kisses decides to kick Blaster in the face again (still hilarious).

Calcs:
Tyrogue used Helping Hand (7 energy)
Elekid used Cross Chop (7 energy)
Blaster used Agility (7 energy)
Riolu used Foresight (6 energy)
Elekid took poison damage (2)
Elekid used ThunderPunch (17 damage - something seems screwy there, but that's what the damage calc gives me..., 5 energy)
Porygon used Conversion2 (5 energy, becomes Flying)
Riolu used Force Palm (11 damage, 4 energy)
Tyrogue used Hi Jump Kick (11 damage, 8 energy)
Leer wears off
Elekid used Rain Dance (10 energy)
Blaster used Recover (+20 HP, 12 energy)
Riolu used Work Up (+1 Atk, +1 SpA, 7 energy)
Tyrogue used Hi Jump Kick (11 damage, 12 energy)

Rawr (Static):
HP: 67
Energy: 59

Kisses (Guts):
HP: 79
Energy: 46
Boosts/Drops:

Light Screen remains up for ONE actions.

Ike (Inner Focus):
Energy: 62
Boosts/Drops: +1 Special Attack, +1 Attack

Blaster (Download):
HP: 34
Speed: 60 (+1)
Boosts/Drops: +1 Speed, +1 Special Attack (Download), Conversion 2 (Flying)

jas61292 orders, then Pikapwnd. You guys do that while I squash my Caterpie... And no, that's not a euphemism. BUGGO!

jas61292

used substitute
Flying? Why did it have to be flying? Ghost would have been amazing, Psyshic would have given me STAB Psybeam, Bug would have been... interesting. But not Flying.

Anyways, that Elekid is certainly going to give us some problems in this rain, so lets focus on it. Ike should start off by pounding it with a Force Palm, followed by another Force Palm, and then a third one. And Blaster should..... aw, damn it Bkaster, why'd you have to pick Flying? But still, try and do something while you are still alive, like hitting that Tyrogue with a Psybeam. And do that as much as you can before you fall to your inevitable electrical doom.

Ike: Force Palm (Rawr) x3
Blaster: Psybeam (Kisses) x3

Rawr and Kisses start giggling, No longer angry over porygon's technique theft from their sister used against them. They know the porygon will get his now.

Rawr, This rain is perfect. That conversion couldnt have been more perfect, use Thunder! Kisses get him higher in the air so the electricity is more potent with a Helping Hand.

Kisses should Blaster remain alive smash it with a High Jump Kick, if we have banished the porygon just Chill. Back away from that Force Palm at the last second With a Quick Attack.

Kisses Take this oppurtunity to Bulk Up and Prepare for the Next Round, Rawr Prepare for the next round by setting Up a Light Screen.

Summary
Rawr: Thunder (Blaster) ~ Quick Attack (Evasive) ~ Light Screen
Kisses: Helping Hand ~ Chill/Hi Jump Kick (If Blaster remains alive) ~ Bulk Up

Now that my Caterpie is sufficiently beaten, battered, and to a lesser extent, bruised, something's going to faint this round. WHO WILL IT BE! ROUND THREE, COMMENCE!

Rawr (Static):
HP: 67
Energy: 59
Actions: Thunder (Blaster) ~ Quick Attack (Evasive) ~ Light Screen

Kisses (Guts):
HP: 79
Energy: 46
Boosts/Drops:
Actions: Helping Hand ~ Chill/Hi Jump Kick (If Blaster remains alive) ~ Bulk Up

Light Screen remains up for ONE actions.

Ike (Inner Focus):
Boosts/Drops: +1 Special Attack, +1 Attack
Actions: Force Palm (Rawr) x3

Blaster (Download):
Speed: 60 (+1)
Boosts/Drops: +1 Speed, +1 Special Attack (Download), Conversion 2 (Flying)
Actions: Psybeam (Kisses) x3

Rain Dance for FOUR rounds. I forgot to mention that at the end of the last round. DAMN IT, ME!

Turn order: Rawr >>> Ike/Blaster (speed tie) >>> Kisses

Action 1:
Urgh, I hate rain. I get too much of it in Northern Ireland. I don't even have my umbrella, and an unconscious Caterpie won't protect me very much. Ah well. As usual, Rawr comes out first, rotating his arms at lickety speeds to generate electricity between his... Prongs? I dunno what to call them. Meanwhile, Kisses is applauding with all her might, boosting her partner's morale and efforts! Rawr creates a huge bolt between them, and launches it at poor Blaster, who takes it pretty hard. And Blaster now seems a lot more sluggish... He's paralysed! And on his last legs too! Poor Blaster. I feel sorry for him... I'm over it! Ike isn't pleased at his partner getting wtfpwned there, and Forces his Palm into Rawr's face in a way that would make Captain Falcon himself proud. Rawr's left a little shaken too, and he seems more sluggish... That's right, he's paralysed too! Hax is flying around right now... The paralysis doesn't stop Blaster launching multicoloured rays at Kisses, which baffle, but do not confuse her. And the Light Screen finally dissipates. Team jas61292 has an opening, especially as Rawr continues wincing under Toxic!

New turn order: Ike >>> Kisses >>> Rawr >>> Blaster

Action 2:
Ike decides to press home his advantage caused by parahax, and goes for a second Force Palm on the mighty Rawr, who goes for an evasive Quick Attack to counter... And succeeds! Man, if this were me in-game, I'd have been fully paralysed for 8 consecutive actions... And critted as much. Don't you agree, Buggo? Oh right, you're out for the count. Derp. Kisses finally finishes off Blaster with a quick Hi Jump Kick, and he sinks to the ground, probably with a few circuits jiggled. I feel for him... Didn't even get to make his action this round. Poor guy. Rawr grits his teeth. Toxic is really taking its toll on him.

Action 3:
It's two on one now, but Rawr and Kisses aren't opting for a combined assault this turn. Ike presses his intiative by Force Palming Rawr... Again... You'd really think he'd be trying something new. I wonder how he's avoided Static thus far. Cheeky bugger. Kisses decides to fortify herself before jas releases his final fighter, bulking up her muscles to increase her damage output and... input? I don't even know what I'm saying anymore. It's the history exam I had today, it murdered me. Rawr meanwhile, goes to set up Light Screen... But the paralysis gets to her muscles! She can't move this turn! Sucks to be you! Adding injury to insult is yet more Toxic damage.

Calcs:
Tyrogue used Helping Hand (7 energy)
Elekid used Thunder (30 damage, 7 energy, Porygon 20% paralysed)
Riolu used Force Palm (12 damage, 4 energy, Elekid 20% paralysed)
Blaster used Psybeam (9 damage, 6 energy)
Elekid takes poison damage (3)
Elekid used Quick Attack (3 energy)
Riolu used Force Palm (8 energy)
Tyrogue used Hi Jump Kick (11 damage, 8 energy)
Elekid takes poison damage (3)
Riolu used Force Palm (12 damage, 12 energy)
Kisses used Bulk Up (6 energy, +1 Atk and Def)
Elekid did nothing.
Elekid took poison damage (3)

Rawr (Static):
Energy: 49
Speed: 95 (x0.25)
Status: Fatally poisoned (4 HP per action this round), 15% paralysed.

Kisses (Guts):
HP: 70
Energy: 25
Boosts/Drops: +1 Atk, +1 Def
Status: Fine, but might want to take a chill pill soon. Just sayin.

Ike (Inner Focus):
Energy: 38
Boosts/Drops: +1 Atk, +1 Def (I think. If I'm wrong, please inform me.)

Blaster (Download):
HP: KO

Rain Dance for THREE rounds.

Jas, your final mon. Then Pikapwnd's orders, yours, then me again.

jas61292

used substitute
OK Cyndaquil, its up to you and Ike now. I know you don't like the rain, but I need you to do your best here.

Cyndaquil(*) (M)
Nature: Naïve (A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks; Subtracts * from Special Defense)

Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Flash Fire (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).

Stats:
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 75 (65 * 1.15 = 74.75 rounds to 75)

EC: 3/9

Attacks:

Tackle (*)
Leer (*)
Smokescreen (*)
Ember (*)
Quick Attack (*)
Flame Wheel (*)
Defense Curl (*)
Flamethrower
Eruption

Extrasensory (*)
Flare Blitz (*)
Foresight (*)

Double Team (*)
Flame Charge (*)
Will-o-Wisp (*)
Hidden Power Electric (7)

Rawr and Kisses look at each other both tired and weary, then together they look back at me.

Okay guys only a little bit longer Kisses, Hi Jump Kick Cyndaquil to show off your new muscles and Rawr, Its all or nothing now So I want you to use a Thunder on Cyndaquil taking advantage of it's naive nature.

Rawr, are you ready to combo? Combine Quick Attack and Thunder to get your arms spinning faster and drop some lightning on cyndaquil again, kisses chill out and enjoy the show.

Rawr if by chance you got fully paralyzed Last Round Try to Thunder Cyndaquil. Kisses stay chilling and get ready for the Next Round.

Summary
Rawr: Thunder (Cyndaquil) ~ Quick Attack+Thunder* ~(If Fully Paralyzed) Thunder (Cyndaquil)
Kisses:Hi Jump Kick (cyndaquil) ~ Chill ~ Chill

*The intent of this combo is to create a Priority Thunder, but its up to you ref. Ive seen this done before with a shadow sneak+dig, but the situation is slightly different*

jas61292

used substitute
Ok, Ike They aren't targeting you, so lets punish them for it. With the Light Screen no longer there, try to do some big damage with a Focus Blast on Rawr. Meanwhile, Cyndaquil, you should try and do some big damage of your own to Kisses with your psychic powers. That's right, Extrasensory.

Next I want Ike to get in there with another Force Palm to do even more to that little, electric... whatever it is. and Cyndaquil, you get in there too and hit Rawr with a Quick Attack of your own. I don't know if its combo will work, but we will get in a hit first either way.

Lastly, Ike, you deserve a break, so chill out while Cyndaquil, tries to do some more to Kisses with another Extrasensory.

Ike: Focus Blast (Rawr) - Force Palm (Rawr) - Chill
Cyndaquil: Extrasensory
(Kisses) - Quick Attack (Rawr) - Extrasensory (Kisses)

Oh, and about Ike's boosts, I don't know where that +1 defense is coming from. I used Nasty Plot early on, and then Work Up, but no defense booster. I'm not sure if the boosts have worn out yet or not though.

Pikapwnd, all combos have a priority of -1, so no priority Thunder for you. This cost me dearly recently, believe me...

Rawr (Static):
Energy: 49
Speed: 95 (x0.25)
Status: Fatally poisoned (4 HP per action this round), 15% paralysed.
Actions: Thunder (Cyndaquil) ~ Quick Attack+Thunder* ~(If Fully Paralyzed) Thunder (Cyndaquil)

Kisses (Guts):
HP: 70
Energy: 25
Boosts/Drops: +1 Atk, +1 Def
Status: Fine, but might want to take a chill pill soon. Just sayin.
Actions: Hi Jump Kick (Cyndaquil) ~ Chill ~ Chill

Ike (Inner Focus):
Energy: 38
Boosts/Drops: +1 Atk (if wrong, please say)
Actions: Focus Blast (Rawr) - Force Palm (Rawr) - Chill

Cyndaquil (Blaze)
Speed: 75
Boosts/Drops: 0
Actions: Extrasensory (Kisses) - Quick Attack (Rawr) - Extrasensory (Kisses)

Rain Dance for THREE rounds.

Turn Order: Cyndaquil >>> Ike >>> Kisses >>> Rawr

Action 1:
Ah, Buggo, good to see you back on your feet. How're you doing? Man, that Bouffalant was insane, right? ... The look in your eye implies you don't believe me. Well, screw you too. It's still raining hard here in Nature Valley, and it's jas' chance to get back in this match with Light Screen down, and a fresh Pokémon out there. Cyndaquil is disadvantaged by the rain, but he seems to have a few tricks up his sleeve, as he concentrates hard, on SOMETHING... Wow, did you see that, Buggo! Kisses just looked like a sledgehammer hit her in the back of the head! Nasty! Ike continues the special assault, firing another bright blue orb of Focus Blast at Rawr... And it's a direct hit! Rawr wasn't able to react fast enough to the blow, and it seems to have done critical damage to him! We like Ike! We like Ike! We like Ike! ... Had to be done. YEOWCH! Don't bite me, Buggo! Mean. Besides, we're missing Kisses' attack! She's kicking Cyndaquil in the face! Welcome to the battlefield, little fella! He doesn't seem to take that well, and it gets worse! Rawr's aiming a Thunder attack at him... But no dice! His muscles seize up at the last minute! Paralysed again! And then he takes more poison damage. Poor Rawr's on his last legs now... He's got 8 HP left, according to this convenient scanner I just pulled out of... Uh, nowhere you want to know about. MOVING ON!

Action 2:
Cyndaquil, ignoring that he's first in the round anyway, decides to smack headfirst into Rawr with blistering speed! What a QUICK attack! DOHOHO- OW! STOP BITING ME! Rawr continues to weaken... I think a light breeze would finish him now. Ike does not opt for a light breeze, and simply smashes his face in with his palm again. Poor Rawr smacks into a tree behind him, and collapses from sheer exhaustion. Kisses doesn't seem to mind this, and relaxes, restoring her energy reserves.

Action 3:
The final action starts the same as the first. Cyndaquil hits Kisses with yet another Extrasensory attack. Kisses doesn't fight back, and Ike doesn't pursue her. Both just chill out in the rain, restoring energy. I have the feeling they're saving up for something big!

Calcs:
Cyndaquil used Extrasensory. (12 damage, 6 energy)
Riolu used Focus Blast. A CRITICAL HIT! (21 damage, 5 energy)
Tyrogue used Hi Jump Kick. (18 damage (rounded up), 7 energy)
Elekid was fully paralysed!
Elekid took poison damage (4).
Cyndaquil used Quick Attack (4 damage, 4 energy)
Riolu used Force Palm (12 damage, 4 energy)
Tyrogue chilled (+12 energy)
Cyndaquil used Extrasensory (12 damage, 6 energy)
Riolu chilled (+12 energy)
Tyrogue chilled (+12 energy)

Rawr (Static):
HP: KO

Kisses (Guts):
HP: 46
Energy: 42
Boosts/Drops: +1 Atk

Ike (Inner Focus):
Energy: 41
Boosts/Drops:

Cyndaquil (Blaze)
HP: 72
Energy: 84

Rain Dance for TWO rounds.

I think I'm getting into the swing of this! And it's fantastic fun!

Pikapwnd, your final mon, please. jas61292 then orders, Pikapwnd orders, and I ref.

Rawr on the ground kisses looks scared.

It's okay, let's go Maor Hugs! keep yourself close to the pond but not in it.

Mantyke [Maor hugs] (F)
Nature: Relaxed (Adds One (1) Rank to Defense; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.

Type:
Water: Summary: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas

Abilities:
Water Absorb: Type: Innate
This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with water to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself.

Swift swim: Type: Innate
The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.

[DW Locked] Water Veil: Type: Innate
Pokemon with this ability always have their body coated in a lair of water which prevents burns.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1
Def: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 43 (-)

Moves:
Tackle
Bubble
Supersonic
Bubblebeam
Headbutt
Agility
Wing attack

Haze
Hydro Pump
Mirror Coat

Toxic
Ice Beam
Attract

jas61292

used substitute
Hmmmm...... Water type......vs Fire type.....in the rain....... Not good.

BUT....we still have a few tricks up our sleeves, so lets take care of that Mantyke, and fast. Cyndaquil, despite the obvious disadvantage, you are our best bet for this situation. I taught you that new TM for just this situation, so lets put it to good use. USE HIDDEN POWER ELECTRIC! HIDDEN POWER ELECTRIC!! HIDDEN POWER ELECTRIC!!!

In the mean time, Ike, I need you to keep that other fighting type away from Cyndaquil's showdown, so hit it with two Focus Blasts, separated by a Nasty Plot. But if you see Tyrogue trying to go for Cyndaquil, cut it off with a Quick Attack.

Cyndaquil: HP Electric (7) (Maor Hugs) x3
Ike: Focus Blast (Kisses) - Nasty Plot - Focus Blast (Kisses)
If Kisses tries to attack Cyndaquil, Ike should try to stop it with a Quick Attack

Kisses and Moar Hugs look up at me slightly scared, I flash a grin.

You guys were amazing really. Regardless of how this ends you guys are amazing. *Whips out a boombox and starts blasting their favorite song, Weekend Warriors by acop* Okay guys time to tear this place down! Moar, he may have electric but we have rain. So open with a hydro pump on cyndaquil follow up with a MIRROR COAT and finish the third round the same unless of course cyndaquil died then rain dance on final turn. Kisses throw up a 4 man double team so your not so easy to hit. Then HJK at cynda can Ike hit the real you? And then finish up with another HJK at cynda unless he's KO'D then direct it at Ike.

Summary:
Moar Hugs: Hydro pump (cynda) ~ mirror coat (cynda) ~ mirror coat (cynda)/hydro pump (Ike)
Kisses: double team 4 man ~ HJK (cynda) ~ HJK (cynda/Ike)

This battle is heating up, and it looks like there's going to be some BIG hits this round! ... I could not sound more clichéd. Ow. Yep, I deserved that bite, Buggo.

Maor Hugs (Swift Swim)
Speed: 43 (x2)
Boosts/Drops: None
Actions: Hydro Pump (Cyndaquil) ~ Mirror Coat (Cyndaquil) ~ Mirror Coat (Cynda)/Hydro Pump (Ike)

Kisses (Guts):
Energy: 42
Boosts/Drops: +1 Atk
Actions: 4 man Double Team ~ Hi Jump Kick (Cyndaquil) ~ Hi Jump Kick (Cyndaquil/Ike)

Ike (Inner Focus):
Energy: 41
Boosts/Drops:
Actions: Focus Blast (Kisses) - Nasty Plot - Focus Blast (Kisses)
If Kisses tries to attack Cyndaquil, Ike should try to stop it with a Quick Attack.

Cyndaquil (Blaze)
HP: 72
Energy: 84
Actions: HP Electric (7) (Maor Hugs) x3

Rain Dance for TWO rounds.

Turn Order: Maor Hugs >>> Cyndaquil >>> Ike >>> Kisses

Action 1:
With a fresh Pokémon on the field, Pikapwnd orders an all out offensive. Maor Hugs, his speed doubled by the rain, begins by blasting a powerful jet of water from his mouth at Cyndaquil... But his excitement throws his aim off by just a centimetre! Cyndaquil has a lucky escape! (The roll was 803/1000) And he goes for a counterattack, by summoning his own Hidden Powers, and zapping Maor Hugs. The poor squishy. Ike follows up by going for a Focus Blast on Kisses... But that misses too! Perhaps the rain is getting in their eyes. Kisses capitalises on her fortunes by creating four holographic clones! Which is real? Ike seems determined to find out, one way or another...

Action 2:
Maor Hugs doesn't go first this round, and suddenly, I'm suspicious. He seems to be up to something or other... Cyndaquil opts to be very gung ho, striking while the iron is hot with a second Hidden Power Electric! Ike meanwhile Plots, perhaps trying to deduce which Kisses is real... He doesn't get very far, but sharply boosts his Special Attack anyway! Kisses meanwhile does what we've all come to expect of her by now, and jumps up to kick Cyndaquil in the face! Her clones all do it at the same time, so we have no way of knowing which is her... Suddenly, Maor Hugs's plan becomes apparent! His whole body becomes brightly reflective, and suddenly, Cyndaquil is hit with his own attack, at 1.5x the force! Yeowch, that one stung!

Action 3:
This action's a weird combination of the first two. Mantyke waits again as Cyndaquil hits him with another Hidden Power. Whee. Ike goes for a Focus Blast, picking one of the clones at random... and it strikes a clone! Kisses is down to three allies now, but that doesn't stop them all kicking Cyndaquil in the face again! And Maor Hugs ends the round once again by reflecting Cyndaquil's attack at amplified strength... And that does it! Cyndaquil's down for the count! From 72 to 0 in two actions, DAMN! Meaning that it's Ike, alone, versus a Mantyke in the rain, and a weak Kisses... Can he turn it around for jas61292?!

Calcs:
Mantyke used Hydro Pump (7 energy)
Cyndaquil used Hidden Power (Electric, 7) (12 damage, 5 energy - 120 base Sp. Def's a bitch, huh?)
Tyrogue used Double Team (4 clones, 16 energy)
Cyndaquil used Hidden Power (12 damage, 9 energy)
Riolu used Nasty Plot (7 energy)
Tyrogue used Hi Jump Kick (18 damage, 7 energy)
Mantyke used Mirror Coat (18 damage, 12 energy)
Cyndaquil used Hidden Power (12 damage, 13 energy)
Tyrogue used Hi Jump Kick (18 damage, 11 energy)
Mantyke used Mirror Coat (18 damage, 16 energy)

Maor Hugs (Swift Swim)
HP: 54
Energy: 65
Speed: 43 (x2)
Boosts/Drops: None

Kisses (Guts):
Energy: 8

Ike (Inner Focus):
Energy: 24
Boosts/Drops:

Cyndaquil (Blaze)
HP: 0

Rain Dance for ONE round.

Pikapwnd, jas, me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)