PinkCaptainFalcon vs. Banyru, one-on-one throw down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules
Pokemon: Charmeleon vs. Machoke
DQ: 2 days
Items: None
Abilities: 1
Switch: KO
2 Chills / 0 Recovers

Arena:
The original Pokemon Stadium Multiplayer Arena. I cant find any pictures of it but its a round plain dirt field about 100 feet in diameter with a large pokeball in the center like a typical field. It is encircled by a waist high wooden fence. I think there is a small rock hill outside of the fence on one side.

Banryu's Charmeleon

Charmeleon (*) Aether (m)
Nature: Rash
Personality: Evolution created a drastic upshift in his personality, changing him from a rash and impetuous youngster a to headstrong and aggressive adolescent. Very proud of his newfound power, he now has battle constantly on the brain, always looking to pick a fight, and constantly training in the meantime. His battle style reflects his attitude: extremely aggressive, and he is reasonably skilled at ranged and close combat alike.

Very reckless and impetuous, eager to charge into battle and quick to attack with nothing held back. His mental defenses are a little weak as a result, but his passion for the thrill of battle and enthusiasm to earn his trainer's approval are unmatched. In battle he is aggressive and unrelenting, and has only gotten more so since evolving. He seeks to put opponents on the defensive with his aggressive tactics and varied attack styles and techniques.

Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: ***
Def: **
SpA: **** (+)
SpD: ** (-)
Spe: 80

EC: 6/9
MC: 3
DC: 5/5

Abilities: Blaze, Solar Power (DW)
Blaze: (innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Solar Power [DW]: (innate) When in bright sunlight, this Pokemon burns solar energy and 1 HP/action to increase the Base Attack Power of all their special attacks by two (2).

Attacks:
(*) Scratch
(*) Growl
(*) Ember
(*) Smokescreen
(*) Metal Claw
(*) Dragon Rage
(*) Rage
(*) Scary Face
(*) Fire Fang
(o) Flame Burst
(o) Flamethrower
(o) Fire Spin

(*) Dragon Dance
(*) Dragon Pulse
(*) Ancientpower
(o) Counter

(*) Sunny Day
(*) Will-O-Wisp
(*) Hidden Power (Grass, 7)
(o) Brick Break

PinkCaptainFalcon's Machoke

Was a gift to PCF as a Machop from a mysterious man with odd clothes and a helmet.
It then evolved into a mutant Machoke with the coloration of a Machamp.
It is very overconfident of its strength and will take on stronger opponents without a second thought to try and impress its current owner.
Rumor has it that PCF was so impressed by that mysterious man that he has since fashioned himself after him, even donning a variation of the man's name as his own
It is even said that PCF admired that mysterious man so much he even named the Machop he was given after him

Machoke* Captain Falcon (Male)
Nature: Adamant (Adds * to Attack; Subtracts * From Special Attack)
Type: Fighting
Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Guts: Type: Innate
This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the base attack power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.

No Guard: Type: Innate
This Pokemon has an immense confidence from perfecting each of its attacks, giving them all perfect accuracy. Resultingly it feels it can weather every strike, and will not dodge an attack even if ordered to. Only when a OHKO move is issued by the opponent does sense return, and the Pokemon acts normally. Additionally even with their extra skill, the power and exhaustion involved in using OHKO moves prevents them from being benefitted by No Guard, they will have their normal accuracy.

DW Steadfast: Type: Innate
If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference.

Stats:
Atk: 5 (+)
Def: 3
SpA: 1 (-)
SpD: 3
Spe: 45

EC: 8/9
MC: 0
DC: 4/5

Attacks:
Low Kick*
Leer*
Focus Energy*
Karate Chop*
Foresight*
Low Sweep*
Seismic Toss*
Revenge*
Vital Throw
Cross Chop
Dynamic Punch

Ice Punch*
Rock Slide*
Counter*
Magic Coat

Bulk Up*
Earthquake*
Payback*

Order of Operations
1. Match Seeker (I believe PCF) posts pokemon and ability
2. Match Challenger (I believe Banryu) posts pokemon, ability, and actions
3. PCF posts actions
4. I ref

Let the battle begin!

Was a gift to PCF as a Machop from a mysterious man with odd clothes and a helmet.
It then evolved into a mutant Machoke with the coloration of a Machamp.
It is very overconfident of its strength and will take on stronger opponents without a second thought to try and impress its current owner.
Rumor has it that PCF was so impressed by that mysterious man that he has since fashioned himself after him, even donning a variation of the man's name as his own
It is even said that PCF admired that mysterious man so much he even named the Machop he was given after him

With No Guard.
Balls to the wall

Blazing bright.

"Okay, this is gonna be a tough one. Far as I can tell, you and the Captain there are pretty evenly matched overall. We're gonna start by exploiting as many advantages as we can: breathe out a thick Smokescreen-- wait. No guard... shoot. =__= Right, so much for that strategy, let's go for your style instead! Start by trapping him in Fire Spin first thing, then blast him with a full-force Flamethrower!* Now prepare to Counter any physical attacks he throws at you, if he doesn't go for it, then we're at least keeping him from attacking at little cost to your stamina. If at any point he tries to pound us with an Earthquake, Counter it indescriminately! That goes for this entire match, you hear me?!"

Fire Spin > Flamethrower > Counter
if EQ: substitute Counter instead of anything

*Note: this Charmeleon is trained to do both Fire-type attacks at the same time; he can use Fire Spin with his tail and Flamethrower with his mouth.

Alright looks like we are going to have try and take advantage of that wording.
Start of with a signature Falcon Dynamic Punch! Then grab that lizard and Vital Throw him at the rock cliff. We are going to have to try and work it a little if we want to hit him with a super effective attack I may not be able to do that fire spin flamethrower combo but i can chuck abraxas with the force of an angry norse god. Then taunt it a bit with a Bulk Up, brace yourself for the shit hitting the fan next round.

Dynamic Punch - Vital Throw - Bulk Up

Round 1

Aether (Charmeleon, m)

Atk: 3
Def: 2
SpA: 4 (+)
SpD: 2 (-)
Spe: 80

Attacks:
(*) Scratch
(*) Growl
(*) Ember
(*) Smokescreen
(*) Metal Claw
(*) Dragon Rage
(*) Rage
(*) Scary Face
(*) Fire Fang
(o) Flame Burst
(o) Flamethrower
(o) Fire Spin

(*) Dragon Dance
(*) Dragon Pulse
(*) Ancientpower
(o) Counter

(*) Sunny Day
(*) Will-O-Wisp
(*) Hidden Power (Grass, 7)
(o) Brick Break

Captain Falcon (Machoke, m)

Atk: 5 (+)
Def: 3
SpA: 1 (-)
SpD: 3
Spe: 45

Attacks:
Low Kick*
Leer*
Focus Energy*
Karate Chop*
Foresight*
Low Sweep*
Seismic Toss*
Revenge*
Vital Throw
Cross Chop
Dynamic Punch

Ice Punch*
Rock Slide*
Counter*
Magic Coat

Bulk Up*
Earthquake*
Payback*

Welcome ladies, gentelmen, and genderless pokemon to this one on one challenge between Aether and Captain Falcon! Aether starts things off by launching a slightly weakened fire spin from his tail, trapping Captain Falcon in a maelstrom of flame! The burning Machoke hurls himself towards Aether, delivering a devastating DynamicPunch! Captain Falcon seems to have suffered greatly from the flames surrounding him and Aether takes advantage of this by launching a powerful flamethrower into Captain Falcon, despite his confusion! Machoke, still surrounded by flames, charges back towards his opponent, grabs onto him and Vital Throws him into a cliff wall! Aether looks battered, he takes increased damage from being singed by his own Fire Spin and the devastating impact. Worst of all, the violent throw prevents him from aiming his fire spin and Captain Falcon is free! Aether, predicting another attack, prepares himself to Counter Captain Falcon, however Captain Falcon takes the opportunity to Bulk himself Up.

Aether (Charmeleon, m)

HP: 64
Energy: 84%
Boosts: None

HP: 74
Energy: 82%
Boosts: +1 Atk, +1 Def (4 actions)

Aether's Fire Spin: 4+3+1.5-1.5 (Tail Penalty)=7
Energy: 4-1+1 (Tail Penalty)=4
Crit: No
CF's DP: 10+3+4.5=17.5 (18)
Energy: 8-1=7
Confusion: Intense Confusion (4 actions)

Aether's Flamethrower: 10+3+1.5=14.5 (15)
Energy: 7-1=6
Confusion: No
Burn: No
CF's Vital Throw: (7+3+4.5)*1.2 (Wall hit)=16.5 (17)
Energy: 5-1=4

Other: 4 damage to CF from Fire Spin, 1 Damage to Aether from Fire Spin, 1.2*Damage for Vital Throw, 6 energy for Counter, 7 energy for bulk up.

Just going to have to go balls to the wall here. Lets hit him with a Leer then critical Cross Chop him and finish off with a critical Falcon Punch

eff it. ill take the burn right now. one less attack for him.
Counter is what is going to do me in.
Strategy for this round. Just. Take everything.
Ever.
To the face Captain Falcon.
Because

EDIT: Picture works now, also pray for confusion CF

...Actually... I have no such plans for you today. No, we're fighting the way Aether does it today, not my sneaky overly-tactical crap-- we're taking some risks today. Aether, send another Flamethrower right in that leery face of his! He wants us to show him our moves, and so we shall. Then-- take both attacks full-force and Counter-attack!!"

Flamethrower > Counter > Counter

((Nice work reffing BTW, Master Bane. Getting hurt from my own Fire Spin seemed kind of weird to me but I guess it make sense LOL. At least the damage was nothing too substantial...))

Round 2!

Aether (Charmeleon, m)

HP: 64
Energy: 84%
Boosts: None

HP: 74
Boosts: +1 Atk, +1 Def (4 actions)

And round 2 begins with Aether launching a flamethrower towards Captain Falcon, hitting despite Aether's Confusion. Captain Falcon responds by leering at his opponent. A rather laid back response if you ask me...

Aether, still confuse, suddenly surrounds himself with a glowing energy! Captain Falcon does not fear and delivers a devastating Cross Chop to Aether! Aether prepares to unleashed his Counter, but is too confused to do so and hurts himself.

Despite his previous failure, Aether decides to try again and once more begins to glow. Captain Falcon seems confused as to what a Falcon Punch is, but eventually decides its probably DynamicPunch. Once more Aether attempts to Counter the attack and once more he fails! Confusion is not being very kind to Aether and it doesn't look like he'll last much longer...

Aether (Charmeleon, m)

HP: 14
Energy: 70%
Boosts: -1 Defense (1 round)

HP: 59
Boosts: +1 Atk, +1 Def (1 round)

Aether's Flamethrower: 10+3+1.5=14.5(15)
CF's Cross Chop: 10+3+4.5+1.5=19
CF's DP: see above
Aether's confusion: 4+1.5=5.5(6)

Banyru, your up.

Oh man. x____@ That was such epic fail it's not even funny. *sigh....* Flamethrower x3 then. At this rate Aether's just going to KO himself and save CF the trouble, though. =_____=

Lets finish this with a final Dynamic Punch just for flavor.
You put up a good fight, if i hadnt gone with No Guard i more than likely would have lost.
I just had to rely on Captain Falcons natural luck.
If he isnt KOed Vital Throw him back into the arena.

Round 3

Aether (Charmeleon, m)

HP: 14
Energy: 70%
Boosts: -1 Defense (1 round)

The third and likely final round of our battle begins with Aether desperately trying to survive! Hoping to delay the inevitable, Aether fires off a flamethrower! Shockingly, he once more strikes himself! Then Captain Falcon's fist crashes down on poor unlucky Aether. KOing him.

Aether (Charmeleon, m)

HP: XX
Energy: 67%
Boosts:

Energy: 75%

Nice job, both of you. Sorry about all the bad luck Banryu.

Both trainers get 2 TC
Aether and PinkCaptainFalcon get 1 EC, 2 MC, and 1 DC
PCF gets 1 KOC
I get 2 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)