XY OU Pinksteel Core

Salutations everyone! I'm new here so I thought it would be a swell idea to upload my current team and get some advice.

I've dabbled around in Showdown, and I've had the most success with this team

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy

I wanted someone who could take special attacks like a champ. Chansey seems the perfect choice for that, and she synergizes nicely with my next poke.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost
- Roar

Here we have a super fun switch in to physical attackers, especially Outrage. This fellow is supposed to be physical wall my team needs, and additionally offers support with rocks, roar, and defog. Obviously quite weak to taunt, but I haven't found that to be too much of an issue.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Disable

My absolute favorite on the team. Such a joy when her shenanigans go perfectly. Removing some of the nastier moves from my opponents team, as well as being a pain to deal with once she's safely behind a sub. I've also found her to be particularly great at countering Gliscor.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpE / 4 Hp
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake (messes wth Heatrans <3)
- Solar Beam (People seem to think water types wall this?)
- Focus Blast

This is where the majority of coverage for my team comes from. This dude is fast, and nearly unstoppable when the sun is out and rocks aren't up. He only seems to come out when games are close though, so I don't see him much ;P

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Hp
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

We have the 2nd half of my team's coverage with him. He's good against dragons, Gliscors, and knock off had to be on here somewhere. Though I'm not totally sure if his ev's are too good. I find that I have a problem with special attacks directed at him. Even so, might I be overcompensating by having the vest and that much investment?

(My last poke switches around a lot for this team, depending on what problems I have. Recently I've been getting walled by special walls soooo... )

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Play Rough

Not much to say about this one. He deals tons of damage, offers priority, and adds coverage.

Hello! I like your team, and I have a few suggestions (PS: You have to have at least three lines of description to each Pokemon, or your topic can be locked! Click here to see the RMT Rules.)
  • On Gengar, go for Pain Split over Disable. While Disable will get rid of any threatening moves the opponent has, Pain Split helps punish Stall teams and bulkier Pokemon. SubSplit is a great strategy that harnesses Gengar's lower base HP to heal itself while damaging the enemy.
  • On Azumarill, you can try using Knock Off over Superpower. Superpower is really only for Ferro and your team take cares of it, so Knock Off is a great move that will rid the opponent's item in the process.
  • On Skarmory, maybe try Brave Bird over Roar? A non-attacking set is Taunt bait, and Brave Bird is a great STAB for Skarm to take advantage of.
Mobile limitations mean that I can't add too much but I'll take a second look once I get on the computer. Good luck on your team! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)