Pokémon Pinsir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol ok but mines is meant for complete destroying and having no cadre babout the consequences but I understand the intimidate bit.
And while you're completely destroying, you're going to either kill yourself in confusion, or get killed by aegi/rotom-w/f. You're going to usually kill yourself in like, 4-5 turns, and that's NOT enough for a sweep.

And I hardly use thrash but yeah I'm considering return.
Just use the following set I'm using on my game card:
Pinsir@Pinsirite
Ability:HYPER CUTTER
Evs: 252 atk, 252 spd, 4 def
Moves: RETURN
Quick attack/feint
Swords dance/ earthquake
Close combat/earthquake

I use feint cause it saved me from a talonflame once

Pinsir@Pinsirite
Quick attack/feint
Swords dance/ earthquake
Close combat/earthquake

Lol maybe/maybe not I'd ill test battle it on ps

I use the same sets from my game card and PS.
You can contact me if you want to battle test. I'm sceptile 1324 and I'm usually present in "The Happy Place" It's a room.
Is their a way I can sorta follow you on ps if not ill contact you ...btw it's 2am where I am so yeah I'm not up for it now
..lol

Is their a way I can sorta follow you on ps if not ill contact you ...btw it's 2am where I am so yeah I'm not up for it now
..lol
No sorry.. But you can start a conversation with me on smog and tell me when you want to battle... Or follow me on smog:)

Running Thrash on Pinsir is a complete waste of a moveslot to put it bluntly. Return is a 200 Base Power move (after bonuses) with no drawbacks. Thrash is a 234 Base Power move that locks you in and causes confusion afterwards. Return will 95% of the time score the same 2HKO's that Thrash would. Pinsir's horrible defensive typing leaves him open to being revenge killed by an array of faster threats after being locked in. Defensive pokemon can tank a hit and then status him as well. Unfortunately, Pinsir only has one set that works.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Earthquake/Close Combat.

As wonderfully summed up by SoulRed12, choose EQ or CC depending on your teambuild and circumstances. The other three moves are mandatory for success.

Someone raped my top 20 stall team by using substitute instead of quick attack. It's a viable option if you want to use Pinsir as a stall breaker, and definitely unexpected.

Someone raped my top 20 stall team by using substitute instead of quick attack. It's a viable option if you want to use Pinsir as a stall breaker, and definitely unexpected.
The problem with that pinsir is that it takes up a mega slot and is subpar way more often than it is efficient. Lando, Talon, Mew, Thundy, Clefable, etc do the same job without taking a mega space. Want to stallbreak with a mega? Then use Heracross, Garde, or Cham IMO. Pinsir's perk is that he has strong priority and is a sweeper with wallbreaking power. By not running QA your not using him to the fullest IMO. But I will admit that it sounds like a cool gimmick.

Running Thrash on Pinsir is a complete waste of a moveslot to put it bluntly. Return is a 200 Base Power move (after bonuses) with no drawbacks. Thrash is a 234 Base Power move that locks you in and causes confusion afterwards. Return will 95% of the time score the same 2HKO's that Thrash would. Pinsir's horrible defensive typing leaves him open to being revenge killed by an array of faster threats after being locked in. Defensive pokemon can tank a hit and then status him as well. Unfortunately, Pinsir only has one set that works.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Earthquake/Close Combat.

As wonderfully summed up by SoulRed12, choose EQ or CC depending on your teambuild and circumstances. The other three moves are mandatory for success.
Return is 200 wow never knew that ok I'll use it..

Pinsir@Pinsirite
Quick attack/feint
Swords dance/ earthquake
Close combat/earthquake

Hey can you be specific sorry because I'm not sure what to use in between those slashes ... And I want to see your pinsir.guessing adamant nature ???

The problem with that pinsir is that it takes up a mega slot and is subpar way more often than it is efficient. Lando, Talon, Mew, Thundy, Clefable, etc do the same job without taking a mega space. Want to stallbreak with a mega? Then use Heracross, Garde, or Cham IMO. Pinsir's perk is that he has strong priority and is a sweeper with wallbreaking power. By not running QA your not using him to the fullest IMO. But I will admit that it sounds like a cool gimmick.
I'll agree that 95% of the time quick attack would be better, especially since sub doesn't help at all vs. Skarm. But teams that rely on burns to beat threats (like mine) get destroyed.

Thats so true.LOL every word.

So Mega Salamence has been confirmed to have Aerilate, you guys think Pinsir's viability in OU is at risk? Mence sounds on paper to be a better pinsir in every way so far, likely better speed/attack, not as big of a stealth rock weakness, and better overall coverage which leads to some unpredictability with the threat of both a physical and special set. Sure pinsir has priority, but Salamence has dragon dance. Unless Salamence goes to Ubers I think pinsirs days as an OU flyspam sweeper end on November 21st :[

So Mega Salamence has been confirmed to have Aerilate, you guys think Pinsir's viability in OU is at risk? Mence sounds on paper to be a better pinsir in every way so far, likely better speed/attack, not as big of a stealth rock weakness, and better overall coverage which leads to some unpredictability with the threat of both a physical and special set. Sure pinsir has priority, but Salamence has dragon dance. Unless Salamence goes to Ubers I think pinsirs days as an OU flyspam sweeper end on November 21st :[
Mence is going to ubers without question. Pinsir has nothing to worry about. Also, Mence lacks priority as of now which Pinsir has.

Mence is going to ubers without question. Pinsir has nothing to worry about. Also, Mence lacks priority as of now which Pinsir has.
I think MegaMence and MegaPinsir are going to be different tbh. Afaik Mence does get Return..but that would give up a coverage move, might be worth it. Pinsir gets STAB, boosted, Quick Attack (Which can get to +2 with SD) Mence and Pinsir have diff movepools and types, I don't think Pinsirs going to go down in ORAS unless there are some crazy new megas that wall or counter it..And I'm not sure if he will go to ubers or not. We'll see more info about him is released.
And MegaMence looks like Rayquaza :/

I think MegaMence and MegaPinsir are going to be different tbh. Afaik Mence does get Return..but that would give up a coverage move, might be worth it. Pinsir gets STAB, boosted, Quick Attack (Which can get to +2 with SD) Mence and Pinsir have diff movepools and types, I don't think Pinsirs going to go down in ORAS unless there are some crazy new megas that wall or counter it..And I'm not sure if he will go to ubers or not. We'll see more info about him is released.
And MegaMence looks like Rayquaza :/
What coverage move would mence need? Dragon/flying/fire is almost perfect neutral coverage. Speed boosting move > priority, especially because mence an take most priority not named ice shard. I also think mega mence is going to ubers. This is all I really wanna say about mega mence as its sorta off topic.

wow cool just checked but buneary still looks the same(ish) but my favourite one is Altaria its a beast it looks like its gonna be apokemon tight in def/SPDef and salamence well he looks same (ish) but not bad aerialite nice.Yeah i agree pinsir is know not the only aerialite pokemon.But what normal move can be used on salamence.Any type change?

Mega Mence misses out on Quick Attack, meaning no priority (though it may not need it depending on how much speed it gets), and Swords Dance, which is really how Mega Pinsir secures its sweeps. So I think Mega Pinsir will at least have some sort of nice for itself one way or another.

Also, having to rely on Fire Blast for coverage and receiving Hyper Voice, I imagine Mega Mence will mostly run special while Megan Pinsir will run physical.

Although, Salamence already has only 20 Base Attack lower than Mega Pinsir lol, he's definitely gonna be a lot stronger.

Also Jamil, it's better to use the edit button on your current post rather than make lots of separate posts in a row.

EDIT: Herp, just remembered this thing gets DD (haven't used it in that long haha). GG meta.

Last edited:
Mega Mence misses out on Quick Attack, meaning no priority (though it may not need it depending on how much speed it gets), and Swords Dance, which is really how Mega Pinsir secures its sweeps. So I think Mega Pinsir will at least have some sort of nice for itself one way or another.

Also, having to rely on Fire Blast for coverage and receiving Hyper Voice, I imagine Mega Mence will mostly run special while Megan Pinsir will run physical.

Although, Salamence already has only 20 Base Attack lower than Mega Pinsir lol, he's definitely gonna be a lot stronger.

Also Jamil, it's better to use the edit button on your current post rather than make lots of separate posts in a row.

EDIT: Herp, just remembered this thing gets DD (haven't used it in that long haha). GG meta.
First of all i agree pinsir has an advanage and i agree on your you signature why isn't knock off a TM lol and yeah i'll EDIT more often.

I know Mmence got aerilate but since he isnt here and we dint even know its stats we are just theorymoning here...Wouldnt this discussion fit in the orange islands section the best.

I considered facade on Mpinsir but no one ever attempts to burn him. I think ill return to frustration for the immediate power rather than relying on the enemy trying to burn me.

I feel we can't talk about Salamence as being Ubers until we get a read on its stats, and see if it gets the E-Speed we are all afraid of. Of course it is going to be OU, anyone with half a brain could tell, but really, I remember seeing talk about Mega Aggron as the new broken thing in the meta, and now, do you ever see it outside of UU? I feel Megamence is going to be OU, since things like Skarmory still wall it, and most Salamences are forced to run Fire Blast because of the steel bird. And usual Salamence sets with Fire Blast lack either D-Dance or Earthquake, which without D-Dance, is pretty much walled by Chansey, and without EQ, is walled by Heatran. I don't see these problems going away with it mega evolving, GameFreak are known to do stupid things with adding stats on Megas. I mean, Mega Kang got +20 SpA, Mega Garchomp got a speed decrease, yet Mega Aggron didn't. Really, while M-Salamence will be a huge threat to the meta, I don't really see it becoming ubers unless people are just retarded.

Now back to the current Aerilate monster..

Mega Pinsir has to be one of the greatest Pokemon in the current meta. Now with Aegislash gone, it can finally run CC to take on the pink blobs even better, along with Air-Balloon Heatran and Excadrill, be able to OHKO Tyranitar and Mamoswine, and deal with big threats a lot better. It was still a huge threat even without CC, with priority aerilate QA, EQ, SD, Knock-Off, Aerilate Return, and many other threatening moves that can make most things in OU quiver in fear. Pinsirs only problems are the cursed Talonflame, SR now taking half of his health, not so amazing speed of 105, and the amazing counter named Skarmory. But even with those set-backs, Mega Pinsir is still an amazing improvement on a somewhat bad Pokemon, with good defensive stats of 65/120/90, it is able to eat up hits that threaten other bug types like Megacross, Scolipede, and Volcarona. The best partners for M-Pinsir are usually Heatran, Skarmory, a good scarfer like Garchomp or Terrakion, Quagsire, and Filler. Heatran is to just wall the fuck out of T-Flame, Skarmory to defog away SR, a scarfer to threaten Zard-X or Y and other threats, and Quagsire to wall Bisharp if it gets the Defiant Boost from D-Fog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)