Programming PkmGCSaveEditor, a Colosseum/XD save file editor

PkmGCSaveEditor

PkmGCSaveEditor is a cross-platform, open source (GPLv3) Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD save file editor. It comes with its backend library, LibPkmGC (LPGLv3) (not documented yet).

Links:

October 18th: Version 1.2.2. A guide on how to make legal Colosseum/XD Pokémon.
October 10th: Version 1.2.1.
October 3rd: Version 1.2.0. Please redownload the required libraries. Note: by default, PkmGCSaveEditor now checks for updates at startup. If it's causing you crashes (netio.sys) (Windows 10, you know ...), then turn off your network card, start the program again, and uncheck "Check for updates at startup" in "Options".
September 27th: Version 1.1.2 Fixed a bug affecting Pokémon XD
September 19th: Version 1.1.1. Money and Pokécoupons are now limited to 9,999,999. Bag items are limited to 99 again in Pokémon Colosseum (use the PC storage system to fix bag entries with more than 99 items). Users of previous versions, please read: if and only if you have modified a Colosseum save file with that previous version, please load this save file again, and click "Bugs affecting Pokémon..."(in "Options", "Bug fixes"). Do it only once and only once (for each concerned save file).
  • If you have imported or exported a Pokémon in the GBA format, please check its status alteration, its EVs, and its game of origin.

September 13th, 2015: Version 1.1
September 2nd, 2015: BUGFIX: missing dlls on windows.

Current features:
  • You can edit all of your Pokémon. You can import/export Colosseum, XD and GBA Pokémon files and Base64 strings. Conversion between these formats is fully supported and is almost done like the game does in a trade. Please notice that A-Save discards all party-related information (e.g status alteration). The devil is in the detail.... You cannot edit the information specific to Shadow Pokémon, though.
  • You can edit your game configuration. In particular, you can change your save language.
  • You can edit your trainer info (name, IDs, gender (!), money and Pokécoupons), your bag and your Party.
  • You can edit your PC (both Pokémon and items).
  • You can edit your Daycare.
  • You can edit your Strategy Memo.
  • You can edit the description of some Ribbons.
  • On XD, you can edit your Purifier.

Additional features *partially* supported by the backend library only:
Editing your Mailbox and your Battle Mode data.

Supported languages:
  • Interface: English, French, German
  • Dumped names (thanks Tiddlywinks) English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese

Special thanks to:
peterpansexuell (German translation), Yago (for testing), Ralf (for his "offset tables"), StarsMMD, Tiddlywinks.

Tips: The most recent versions of Dolphin (e.g. 5.0-rc) can directly read and write to GCI files, making testing your changes much easier.
You can dump/restore your physical memory card contents using Ctr-Gcs-DacoTaco-Edition.

Last edited:
This is amazing; thank you all very much! :) I've only made a back-up of my GC Pokémon files today and got curious, so I googled for a save file editor for Colosseum and XD and found this! It's so good to know that this exists! :)

Do you want to have the interface in other languages, too? Could offer to translate into German if you're interested. Just offering to help other Pokéfans.

This is amazing; thank you all very much! :) I've only made a back-up of my GC Pokémon files today and got curious, so I googled for a save file editor for Colosseum and XD and found this! It's so good to know that this exists! :)

Do you want to have the interface in other languages, too? Could offer to translate into German if you're interested. Just offering to help other Pokéfans.
Well the more supported languages, the better :toast:. I'd be interested by your help in fact ;). Translation is done with Qt Linguist, and here is an empty translation file.

Cool, thank you! :) I've almost completed the translation, but I have a few questions. Should we all do it here in the open or is it better if I send questions / the file in a private message to you?
Thank you so much :D
I think it would be better to do it in PMs.

NOTE: please redownload the required libraries from here

• The interface can now be displayed in German (thanks peterpansexuell)
  • Updates can now be automatically checked for at startup (this is the default)
  • New features:
    • Ribbon descriptions can now be modified (7 ribbons are concerned)
    • Pokémon can now be imported/exported from/to Base64 strings
    • On Colosseum, you can now change Rui's name
    • Minor changes and bugfixes

Cool update! :)

Not sure how important this is but (re your 'Tips' section in the original post) to get save game files from your physical memory cards, you cannot only use Ctr-Gcs-DacoTaco-Edition but also GCMM. I personally use GCMM in combination with the SD Media Launcher.

Reactions: Tux
PkmGCSaveEditor 1.2.1:

• Mostly ergonomic changes:
    • Move names are now displayed next to CTs.
    • Added autocompletion for Pokémon, item, and move combo boxes.
    • Added the following buttons to the Strategy Memo editor: 'Fill memo' (for both Colosseum and XD) and 'Fill memo (all shiny)' (for Colosseum only) buttons.
    • Stats boosted (resp. hindered) by the different natures are now displayed in red (resp. blue).

PkmGCSaveEditor 1.2.2:

Few changes this week.
  • The PID of a Pokémon can now be displayed either in hexadecimal or in decimal (default: hexadecimal).
  • When editing the moves of a Pokémon, Hidden Power's type and base power are now displayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
can i use this to go back to a previous save in Pokemon Colosseum because i know that usually every Pokemon game after gen 2 saves backups of every save i was wondering if i could get the game with this save editor or any editor to go back to a backup were i had my meganium because in Pokemon Colosseum i had a meganium that i traded to my sapphire and when i put my sapphire into my ds because this happens sometimes when i put my gba games into my ds it started to act weird and it was saying my save was corrupted even tough it was not and it went to a back up save that was really far back it was the save that Colosseum had saved when i traded most of my hoenn team to Colosseum except my gyrados and my meganium and was wondering if i could use this to make my colossume go back to a save that had my Colosseum team on it with my meganium like the previos save but i cant seem to find any info on this and this problem with my sapphire is really bothering me and no my sapphire is not fake its real i checked with my platinum so could i make this possible without needing to get the save file off my sapphire and edit that like could i get my meganium without having to edit my sapphire save and just edit my Colosseum save by just restoring a previous one or would i have to get my sapphires save if there is an answer you have please reply soon thanks

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)