Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

I want to update my previous post. I now have the gold print, and a streak that is alive. 170* with

Garchomp
item:Focus Sash
ability:sand veil
EVs:252ATK/252Spd/6HP
IVs:31/31/31/x/30/31(kursed's)

Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Swords dance

Basically it was bash everything with the hardest hitting move. I was going pretty well until I hit the normal lv 10. I'll post a video of that battle once I can access wifi to get the number. I'm thinking of putting ariel ace>fire fang, since its main job is to take out shedinja

EDIT: team just lost at 178. Yanmega took me out with a combo of bug buzz(I was faster and outraged) endure(speed boost has now made him faster) petaya berry boosted bug buzz finnished me off from there. If I had been able to look at the set, I probably would've Swords Danced, but that's a thing of the past. now off to the battle tower

EDIT 2: this is a video proving hax doesn't only work for your enemies!! 65-35133-52179

I also want to update my first post in this thread. I have now reached 203 wins in the Battle Tower with my team and still going.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
After Battle 170 in the Battle Hall, all 17 Types become playable again, but they stay at Rank 10. They become greyed out again after you defeat one, until you have defeated all 17 types at rank 10 again. Then the process repeats. Thus, if there is a Type you have troubles with, you'll have to confront it every 17 battles no matter what. With this said, to get a really long streak in Battle Hall, you'll more than likely have to use two different movesets.
sure wish i hadnt glossed over this

can anyone tell me how many battles, after 170, that you have to do in a row before having the opportunity to change your pokemon if you so desire? everyone who has gone 180 and higher should be able to answer this question. is it 10 then 7?

what is meant here with "the process repeats?" if indeed you have to face 171-187 with one single pokemon, and you win, does it go back to sets of 10, or do you have to fight all 17 types again from 188-204? someone please answer this as it is not at all clear from anything posted so far itt

can anyone tell me how many battles, after 170, that you have to do in a row before having the opportunity to change your pokemon if you so desire? everyone who has gone 180 and higher should be able to answer this question. is it 10 then 7?

what is meant here with "the process repeats?" if indeed you have to face 171-187 with one single pokemon, and you win, does it go back to sets of 10, or do you have to fight all 17 types again from 188-204? someone please answer this as it is not at all clear from anything posted so far itt
i would also like to know this

OK, I know the answers to this.

1) You can change pokemon in between rounds. However, this does not count towards 1 whole streak. You can have 400+ Streaks going at once with 400 Different SPECIES of pokemon

2) Once it hits level 10, it stays at level 10. So you have to fight all 17 types again in battles 188-204.

OK, I know the answers to this.

1) You can change pokemon in between rounds. However, this does not count towards 1 whole streak. You can have 400+ Streaks going at once with 400 Different SPECIES of pokemon

2) Once it hits level 10, it stays at level 10. So you have to fight all 17 types again in battles 188-204.
In regards to number 2: after 170... what is the point of picking a type to face if you have to fight all 17 types in succession anyway?... what difference does it make if you're Garchomp and you pick Ice 2nd or 8th or 15th?

I guess the main point is that some people use different movesets when fighting different types. But of course if you're using the same moveset for all 17 types, then it makes no difference at all, other than delaying fighting ice types to lengthen a streak or something.

I guess the main point is that some people use different movesets when fighting different types. But of course if you're using the same moveset for all 17 types, then it makes no difference at all, other than delaying fighting ice types to lengthen a streak or something.
But you only get to change a moveset at intervals of 10: Beat 10 types with a moveset, then beat 10 types with another moveset. It doesn't matter what order you pick those types within those 10. It's just dumb.

So I played a lot of Battle Factory lately and finally got something "good" (I usually lose during the first 20 matches). My win streak stopped at 35 in the Open Level category.

After having some nice pick for battles 28-35 (I had Latios, Suicune and Heatran as my starting team but eventually traded my Suicune for a Scizor) I made some bad choices in the next set. I had a Gallade, Ariados and Yanmega and lost to... an ice team (Froslass and Mamoswine, I don't remeber the third pokemon)... Yeah I chose Yanmega even though they told me the opponent was strong with the ice element. Anyway except maybe for Gallade every other pokemon I could pick was bad.

I just lost at the EXACT SAME BATTLE I lost to in my previous post (my record for Battle Factory Open Level Single Battle, 30 wins). My team at the time of the loss was Slaking (#758), Electivire (#885), and Yanmega (#718). I lost to Golem, Arcanine, and Alakazam. Here's what went down this time (I was frustrated and didn't stop to record the match):

Slaking opens versus Golem. I'm expecting an Earthquake, so I switch to my Yanmega, who knows Giga Drain, but he catches me on the switch with a Stone Edge, which hits and KOs him... off to a great start. I send in my Electivire, who has a Shuca Berry. Vire EQ's, taking away about 2/3 of Golem's HP. Golem EQ's, and leaves me with 6 HP left after it activates the Shuca (that was quite a scare). Vire EQ's for the KO. Up comes Arcanine. Realizing that I may need Electivire later to take a hit (and die) during Slaking's Truant turn, I swap out for Slaking. Arcanine uses ExtremeSpeed on the switch. Slaking KO's with Return. Up comes Alakazam. I swap out for Electivire as planned, who Alakazam KO's with an Energy Ball. Slaking comes back out, but Alakazam goes first and uses FOCUS BLAST! It hits, KO's Slaking, and I lose battle 31 once more.

Battle Factory Open Level Single Battle: 30 wins, 16 swaps

I can't give you a definitive answer. Hopefully this will help until you get one. A round is ten battles. This leads me to believe that you can pick the types for battles 171-180. You can then switch. 181-187 will be the seven that you didn't face in the previous round. 188-190 will be from the seventeen, again. Again, you can switch. 191-200 will be ten of the fourteen that haven't chosen. And so on, and so on(Are you old enough to remember that commercial?).

Sidenote, two of my kids have eight badges. You guys might be hearing from me, in a while. Unfortunately, many of you have already implemented some of my plans. I still have a few surprises left, that is, if you guys don't discover those also.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Battle Tower

I will update this post when appropriate.

Battle factory
Single (open level): 29
Double (open level): 27

Battle tower
Single: 199

Screenshot

------------

Perfect IVs have been hacked.

Latios: Levitate @Choice Specs
Timid, EVs 4/0/0/252/0/252, Stats 156/x/100/273/130/178
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Trick

Scizor: Technician @Life Orb
Adamant, EVs 244/196/4/0/60/4, Stats 176/192/121/x/108/86
- Bullet Punch
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Gyarados: Intimidate @Lum Berry
Adamant, EVs 76/252/4/0/4/172, Stats 180/194/100/x/121/123
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

------------

This is a versatile team that allows the user to play straight-up, or abuse trick. Turn one usually determines which route you take.

Latios
It is usually desirable to be 3-2 ahead so if Latios can OHKO the opposing lead, it is rarely a bad idea to attack. Trick should be reserved for obviously physical opponents or setup fodder. Alternatively, Scizor can be switched in to scout the opposing moveset.

Against Heracross, trick and sacrifice Latios, then switch to Gyarados for intimidate before setting up Scizor.
Against Aerodactyl, it is safest to switch to Gyarados and see what happens.
Against slow electric Pokemon, switch to Gyarados to absorb a possible thunder wave with lum berry. Continue with earthquake.
Against ice type Ace Trainers, attack to avoid exposing Scizor to a freeze/CH/sheer cold on the switch. The exception is Weavile.

Scizor
A minimum HP IV of 29 is vital for Scizor to produce 44 HP substitutes.

Scizor complements Latios excellently, likely resisting any attack aimed at the latter when it uses trick. It is often bulky enough to set up without assistance, or with as little as intimidate support.

With 192 attack, +6 bullet punch will always OHKO Gyarados. Additional attack EVs are relatively wasteful, unless you are desperate for the guaranteed OHKO on Zapdos (32 more EVs).

Scizor's typing Also enables it double as a handy pivot when switching between Latios and Gyarados.

Gyarados
Gyarados is the most dispensable Pokemon here, and is generally used to weaken the AI's team. To that end, it is often beneficial to dance only once, or even attack without set up.

Lum berry complements outrage and offers insurance against status. +1 Outrage OHKOs Starmie about 54% of the time. Intimidate offers excellent support for Scizor. The AI plays straightforwardly, so it is possible to toggle between Gyarados and Scizor (against a physical attacker), until substitute can withstand multiple hits.

------------

Weaknesses
1. Jolteon
2. Starmie
3. Raikou
4. Zapdos

All of the above share common traits:

1. Zapdos aside, they may be faster than my entire team
2. Beat Scizor 1v1 if it is not set up
3. Can survive Latios dragon pulse (albeit only a 7.7% chance in Starmie's case)
4. Run SE attacks on Latios
5. Run an electric attack that makes Gyarados useless.*

*For this reason, prefer to sacrifice Gyarados (to keep Latios healthy) if it is possible for your opponent to have any of the listed threats.

Can this latias work as a tricker?!?

Latias @ Choice Scarf
timid
252 hp/252 spd/6 def
~Trick
~T-wave
~Charm
~Flash/protect/safegaurd(help)

please tell me if this will work or should i use...

Latias @ Choice specs
Timid
252 sp.att/252 spd/6 hp
~Draco meteor
~T-bolt
~Surf
~Trick

Ivs of the latias :
29/2/29/29/31/31
Negators.Awsome i know i finally got my hands on it and want to use it but dont know which set to use.
Which is more effective on a team with setup sweepers?

Battle Factory Level 50 Single: 29

Meh, this started out so good >.<, my team consisted of Floatzel ( Surf, IB, Focus Blast, Rain Dance ), Garchomp ( Draco Meteor, Surf, Flamethrower, Earth Power) and Heracross ( Close Combat, Aerial Ace, Night Slash, Bulk Up ).. lost to a team of I forgot, Mr.Mime and Wailord.

Mr. Mime used Mimic and hammered a Draco Meteor on my Garchomp, but it barely survived and OHKOed back. Earth Power couldnt OHKO Wailord though and it finished off Chomp with Surf. <_<

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
New pokemon for battle hall that im gonna try

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid
252 sp atk / 252 spd
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-HP fire
-Outrage

Outrage 3HKOs bliss, while she can do nothing to latios, HP fire is just because shedinja, and draco meteor will OHKO everything not called chansey, blissey or snorlax, or if it is a steel type. HP fire also works against steels.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just earned the first gold print with this pokemon in the battle hall:

adamant garchomp @ focus sash
252 attack/speed
- outrage
- earthquake
- stone edge
- fire fang

close calls included the following where focus sash activated: scyther & wobbuffet along with low HP with ludicolo and misses with sharpedo, beautifly & tangela of all pokemon.

Whew, I finally managed to reach and beat Dahlia for battle 49 in the Battle Arcade.

I used:

Salamence
Naive
16 Attack/ 240 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed

-Outrage
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake
-Flamethrower

Scizor
Adamant
4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-X-Scissor
-Night Slash

Tyranitar
Adamant
252 HP/ 252 Attack/ 4 Sp. Def
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Screech

I have a bad habit of not finalizing my Pokemon's movesets (Scizor and Tyranitar) because I don't want to use a TM or spend shards. Haha, stingyness. Anyway, Dahlia started out with a Togekiss and I sent out Salamence. I managed to get all her Pokes poisoned with the roulette. I switched to Scizor which would clearly be 2KOd by the Air Slash it used. I Bullet Punch for some damage and it went down with the 2nd Air Slash. Now, poison and Scizor brought Togekiss down to about a quarter of it's health, and I send out Salamence to kill with Flamethrower. It lives the flames and Air Slashes which puts me to about a quarter as well. Poison finishes it off. Zapdos comes in and I switch to Tyranitar which takes an Air Cutter laughably. Zapdos Signal Beams for about 25% and I KO with Stone Edge. Finally, Blaziken comes in, and I prepare to sacrifice Tyranitar to Blaziken's Superpower so poison and sandstorm will make it easier for Salamence to KO with Earthquake. Surprisingly, it uses Flare Blitz and Tyranitar lives easily and KOs with Earthquake. YAY!

Long paragraph there...

New pokemon for battle hall that im gonna try

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid
252 sp atk / 252 spd
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-HP fire
-Outrage

Outrage 3HKOs bliss, while she can do nothing to latios, HP fire is just because shedinja, and draco meteor will OHKO everything not called chansey, blissey or snorlax, or if it is a steel type. HP fire also works against steels.
M_Dragon........ As much as I respect you for using the Pokemon in your avatar, how do you intend on beating Weavile with this?

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think the problem with a lot of Pokemon in the Battle Hall is Weavile.

Garchomp's best hope is Fire Fang, which has to burn, and you can't be frozen by Ice Punch (or if you do, you have to rethaw right away). That's about 8.7% to overcome those odds.

Salamence has a Flamethrower, but has the same other problems Garchomp has. The odds for Salamence: about 9.3%.

Latios... I'm thinking it needs to actually use Thunderbolt, get a paralysis, and have Weavile fully paralyzed turn 2. That's about 2.4%. Of course, if you don't have Thunderbolt... then no luck that I can see.

Togekiss at least has that Air Slash flinch to hope for, so it's about 57% for that.

But really, I'm trying to get a good hall poke that doesn't die to Weavile, but I haven't had any luck.

I think the problem with a lot of Pokemon in the Battle Hall is Weavile.

Garchomp's best hope is Fire Fang, which has to burn, and you can't be frozen by Ice Punch (or if you do, you have to rethaw right away). That's about 8.7% to overcome those odds.

Salamence has a Flamethrower, but has the same other problems Garchomp has. The odds for Salamence: about 9.3%.

Latios... I'm thinking it needs to actually use Thunderbolt, get a paralysis, and have Weavile fully paralyzed turn 2. That's about 2.4%. Of course, if you don't have Thunderbolt... then no luck that I can see.

Togekiss at least has that Air Slash flinch to hope for, so it's about 57% for that.

But really, I'm trying to get a good hall poke that doesn't die to Weavile, but I haven't had any luck.
With regards to Salamence and Garchomp, Outrage would do more damage than Fire Fang and Flamethrower respectively. Not only does it have more base power, but Weavile also has a really crappy base Def.

And I guess maybe someone can try using SD Scizor for the Battle Hall? Weavile can't do anything to Scizor. I would try it but I'm too lazy and I find the Battle Tower more fun.

EDIT: My mistake, I'm guessing you were referring to the Weavile with Focus Sash.

if you outrage weavile you will lose, flamethrower/fire fang is only useful because it gives a chance to hax him with burn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)