Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

I tried again and lost in the Platinum battle tower. This time, I made a much better streak : 181 win streak with this team :

Smeargle "Picasso" @ Focus sash
Protect
Endeavor
Spore
Aqua jet

Dusknoir @ Lum berry
Trick room
Pain split
Shadow Punch
Brick break
Brave, 252 HP, 252 Att, 6 SpD

My two leads : in turn 1, Smeargle always protects and Dusknoir uses Trick room. In turn 2 and 3, usually, I use Endeavor + Shadow punch/Brick break (it depends on the enemy) and Smeargle faints in turn 3. There are some exceptions :
-A quick claw user : Turn 2
-A Quick-attack-like user : Turn 2
-A very slow Pokemon (Steelix, Shuckle, Slowking, Slowbro) : Turn 2
-A miss on something (Focus Blast generally) : Turn 4

So, when Smeargle fainted, I have two other Pokemon :

Camerupt "Volcanus" @ Choice specs
Eruption
Earth power
Rock slide
Explosion
Quiet, 6 HP, 252 Att, 252 SpA

Octillery "Kraken" @ Life orb
Waterfall
Seed bomb
Ice Beam
HP Electric (I don't remember the power because I've never used it)
Brave, 6 HP, 252 Att, 252 SpA

Very powerful Pokemon when there is the Trick room, Camerupt has already done some 4HKO on teams. Of course, if there are Fire/Water/Dragon pokemon, I use Explosion to kill two Pokemon...
Octillery is the newcomer and has done a good job too, but I didn't use it very often.

There were a few close battles, but for this one, I made one mistake which cost me the victory.

Turn 1 : Smeargle & Dusknoir v. Drapion & Togekiss
Smeargle uses Protect
Drapion uses EQ, Dusknoir lost ~20%
Togekiss uses Aura sphere on Smeargle
Dusknoir uses Trick Room

Turn 2 : Smeargle & Dusknoir v. Drapion & Togekiss
Smeargle uses Endeavor on Drapion
Dusknoir uses Brick break on Drapion, Drapion faints
Togekiss uses Aura sphere on Smeargle, Smeargle's Focus sash activated
Me 4-3 Opponent

Turn 3 : Smeargle & Dusknoir v. Blissey & Togekiss
Smeargle uses Endeavor on Blissey
Dusknoir uses Brick break on Blissey, Blissey faints
Togekiss uses Aura sphere on Smeargle, Smeargle faints
Me 3-2 Opponent

Turn 4 : Camerupt & Dusknoir v. Rhyperior & Togekiss
Camerupt uses Eruption : Rhyperior lost ~60%, Togekiss lost ~90%
Dusknoir uses Brick break on Rhyperior (THE mistake), Rhyperior lost ~25%
Rhyperior uses EQ, Camerupt faints, Dusknoir is at ~15%
Togekiss uses Air slash, Dusknoir faints
1 Me-2 Opponent

Turn 5 : Octillery v. Rhyperior & Togekiss
Octillery uses Waterfall on Rhyperior, Rhyperior faints
Togekiss uses Hyper beam, Octillery faints
0 Me-1 Opponent

If I used Brick break on Togekiss, Dusknoir would have lived and Octillery would have finished Rhyperior. And I knew Togekiss wasn't OHKO with Eruption...

Here is a proof (Sorry, but I'm French, so I have the game in French) :

If you need some translation :
Battle Tower
Double Record
Previous Win Strake : 181
Record Win strake : 181

PS : sorry if I've made some mistakes in my post.

My Arcade streak just ended at 57. Annoying really lol.

Lost because I went and landed on the burn symbol then got swept by a bulky Lickilicky because my physical sweepers couldn't do enough damage due to burns.

I was using my new Azelf alongside the old Garchomp and Scizor.

Azelf's set is
Timid 252 spatt 252 speed @leftovers (not that it matters in arcade)
Substitute
Nasty Plot
Psychic
Flamethrower

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
so jumpman, youre gonna start again?
start what, doubles hall? no, it's annoying. the way i lost to slowbro is exactly how i lost to ludicolo at 224 two weeks ago and it is a 6.25% chance of happening not counting freeze chances (or my ch chances which actually put it in my favor since it's evidently 5% to freeze and not immediately thaw, not just 10% freeze and im fucked) because it's: 50% sala split target, 50% ludi double target, 50% 2-turn outrage and 50% hit self. yeah i just spammed outrage cause i was distracted by shoddy but i knew that it was a very slim chance for ludi to beat me...i know now that outrage/earthquakes beats ludi 100% of the time (besides freezes) but whatever i guess

and i specifically picked grass for 225 two weeks ago because it was the easiest one i had left to tie so that was really aggravating, more so because of all that shit above happening in time between when double sala was supposed to be invincible. then losing at 226 is almost more annoying because while yes i tied the record it was literally impossible for me to lose 222-225 because i did dragon/fighting/fire/bug after having to do flying at 221. ground was definitely the easiest type i had left and they give me the worst ground type possible and why wouldn't i get lax incensed from the very beginning when it takes like idk 3-5 hours to get up to 220, i dont even know the exact time because i lose track of time and spam A through all the intimidates and the 95% of the pokemon that barely deserve a glance while player poker or driving because there are like two remotely challenging battles tops from 1-170 then you have to pay attention i guess. which is what's so annoying about doubles hall, hall in general and even battle tower/frontier in general. maybe i'll try to take sole possession after i get tired of something else, i dont even think i would be trying if i wasnt able to play while driving and wasnt able to play poker at the same time as DSing while im not driving, the first like 70% of the time needed to get any record is incredibly boring

jumpman, why are you using adamant with heat wave, adamant lowers heat wave's power, why not naughty or lonely?
it doesn't matter, the pokes i need a fire move for either die regardless or can't touch me or both, pokes like Steelix and Scizor and Forretress and Torterra. Even Abomasnow would require 330+ SpA to ohko with one heat wave and by then I'm better off having like 270 SpA and using one heatwave and one EQ (yes even with the resistance, using outrage would mean a loss similar to the ludicolo one above since if heat wave misses one aboma then salamence is bound to then outrage that one and neither would die and both would probably split target and kill sala with 120 BP avalanche through sash because of hail)

the main reason though is the fact that this was supposed to be a fun quick exercise with a poke i already had, and besides the fact that 214 SpA heat gets everything i want to i'm actually pretty against using or having lonely pokemon because lol no =(

Playing through Battle Hall with the usual Garchomp Sword Dance/Outrage/Earthquake/Fire Fang with Focus Sash (albeit, I was using Adamant.. because it gains me more 2HKOs on bulky things than Jolly lets me outspeed..), I come to face to Frontier Brain at battle 170. And what does she pull out? A Weavile. Of course. It proceeds to Ice Shard me down to single digit HPs, not even triggering Focus Sash. I figure the only way I can win this is to Fire Fang and hope for the burn. Strikingly, I get my burn, but Weavile manages to hang on after burn damage with a sliver of HP, somehow. It proceeds to finish me off with Quick Attack.

Am cry, but I'll do it again. No other Pokemon in the Battle Hall even gave me an issue. The closet was an Aerodactyl that Critical Hit me with Fly/Sky Attack, but I OHKO with Outrage when he came back down.

FINALLY 500 wins!!!!!!

After countless hours, dozens of teams and many attempts I finally reached 500 wins! I have gone through several teams throughout my challenges so I can't say I got all the way to 500 with only one team. These are the 3 that I used at the end and think make the strongest team overall:

Uxie (Serenity) @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Bold
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Def, 6 Sp. Def

- Trick
- Thunder Wave
- Flash
- Memento

This is my Trick lead with very nice defensive capabilities but not quite rivalling those of Cresselia. The reason I prefer Uxie over Cresselia is simple: Memento. This move is so versatile because it can be used to both lower enemy stats as well as provide a free switch in, which is much more useful than the extra defence which I don't really need.

Since the rest of my team runs substitute, I don't have to worry about any status moves at all: Thunder Wave to lower speed followed by Memento gives me a nice free switch to set up a sub before my pokemon are afflicted. Thunder Wave also has a dual function in that the paralysis together with Flash makes is so much easier to set up my sweepers. Also, Thunder Wave has priority over Trick against some rare threats that I can't afford to Trick first. Very few things take this guy down and the super effective moves or low PP moves that can, are easily taken care of by Protect PP stalling or the resistances of my next two gladiators.

Tyranitar (Apocalypse) @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Trait: Sandstream
EVs: 252 Att, 252 HP, 6 Def

- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Crunch
- Protect

The stats of this thing in a Sandstorm are simply colossal, there is no denying that. Tyranitar works wonderfully to absorb Ghost and Dark moves that Uxie attracts but can definitely also stall tons of other opponents. Since I can Protect, I usually find Leftovers to do the job of HP recovery well and the additional PP stalling from it is crucial at times. Just keep a sub up with this guy and you will be fine after a Memento. (I know this Tyranitar usually has Rest, not Protect but I have found the latter more useful).

Dragonite (Hellstrom) @ Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Att, 252 Hp, 6 Sp. Def

- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Outrage
- Roost

Apart from being shiny, this pokemon is absolutely awesome because she absolutely kicks ass! A very welcome resistance to the Bug type in addition to the Grass, Ground, Water and Fighting weaknesses of Tyranitar. I prefer Dragontie over Salamence because the defensive stats are more useful whilst setting up. Fairly straightforward combo of Tyranitar and Dragonite that is definitely not ready to throw in the towel if my Uxie lead messes up somehow.

I'm not going to write to much more about the team because is straightforward, you just need to know what to watch out for and how to handle it. If anyone wants to try it out to get the gold symbol, be my guest! I don't think you will have too much trouble. 500 was my goal from day 1, so I'm going to stop playing the Battle Tower now.

Nice record Calisto, is this for Diamond/Pearl BT or Platinum's? If it's the former then Jumpman's streak was just beaten:D but, if it's the latter then I might as well give up trying to make a working BT team.

Edit: Hey you're that person who tried to make a Battle Tower team building guide but, it got locked right? Someone has got to make a guide on building teams for the battle tower, not to say that your guide isn't bad but, it isn't good either, not what it could be I guess.

Jumpman16

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
not very easily, it only needs an attack boost turn one or a ch either turn one or two because uxie is slower after the trick to sweep him

i'm more concerned with how that evidently looks like a screencap from emulator play, i hope not and if so really hope you dont think that still passes as a record lol

If it is the lead of a trainer that will have OHKO moves, then I use Thunderwave as it is probably the one with Meteor Mash and Explosion. After that use Outrage/Crunch to kill it. Trying to Sit out a whole bunch of Meteor Mashes is just suicidal... Just hope the next pokemon is something you can outlive or set up against.

Against any other trainers I use Trick, Metagross won't get locked into Flash Cannon anyway because the AI always uses Shadow Ball with that one facing Uxie. Besides Flash Cannon, the other 3 Metagross sets don't have any threatening moves anyway.

If Metagross is not on lead, then he is an easy kill because I have set up already.

Jumpman16

Are records from pokemon roms allowed to be posted and accepted as a record?
of course not, aside from being able to play at anywhere from 2x-10x speed you can savestate whenever you want

If it is the lead of a trainer that will have OHKO moves, then I use Thunderwave as it is probably the one with Meteor Mash and Explosion. After that use Outrage/Crunch to kill it. Trying to Sit out a whole bunch of Meteor Mashes is just suicidal... Just hope the next pokemon is something you can outlive or set up against.

Against any other trainers I use Trick, Metagross won't get locked into Flash Cannon anyway because the AI always uses Shadow Ball with that one facing Uxie. Besides Flash Cannon, the other 3 Metagross sets don't have any threatening moves anyway.

If Metagross is not on lead, then he is an easy kill because I have set up already.
outrage might not even 4HKO metagross and crunch might not 3HKO, and mm 2HKOs draggy easily and could cleanly ohko tyra even if you have max IVs

and this is assuming no attack boosts on uxie, which will happen about half the time since meta will have at least three cracks on a tw-locked uxie that can't switch out

and over a third of the trainers can use metagross and over a third of those trainers will use a metagross whose set you wont know, and of the rest of them you'll face the mm metagross most of the time (12 trainers in the set 4 - group 2 bunch)

i kind of doubt you ever faced it as a lead if you still think your team can get by it without much trouble even after it's pointed out, but i'm not really going to belabor that though because i do think you got to 500, i just also think you did it on an emulator and it doesn't really help you to completely ignore that allegation lol

I have only faced a Metagross as a lead twice with that exact team, it was never the 4th set (the Shadow Ball version always popped up). I did face the last set once but that was with a different team which countered it easily. As I said before I have used a combination of teams and I may have been fortunate to not have my luck tested out against a set 4 Metagross later on.

I had obviously tried to work out how to fight several threats but Metagross was not one of those on my list. I only made sure I could handle the ones that appear more frequently. For example an Explosion on Uxie would really suck but it never happens so I don't see a need to fight it. This particular set of Metagross has never been a problem because the vast majority of the ones I face are the Shadow Ball set.

Metagross tier 4:
When I answered the query about Metagross I hadn't done the calculations with Meteor Mash yet. Since you said an Attack boost at turn 1 was also enough to 2HKO Uxie, I figured quickly getting rid of Metagross is the best option.

However, after your post I also did calculations on the damage Meteor Mash does on my Uxie and as far as I can tell an Attack boost is not enough for the 2HKO (31.87-35.16-38.46). This only leaves a 20% chance (+ hax) that I can't paralyse Metagross before Uxie dies. This makes a big difference so there is no need to use Thunder Wave before Trick.

After Uxie dies I can use Protect-Substitute to stall him out of the rest of his PP with Tyranitar. Then it shouldn't be too hard to get up a few Dragon Dances on the 5 Struggle turns whilst recovering some HP with more Protects. Only a critical hit at turn 1 or 2 on Uxie with Meteor Mash is fatal. For supposedly the biggest threat, I don't think slightly under 80% is "much trouble" assuming my calculations are not wrong.

It is not my fault that the AI only spams me with Probopass and a whole bunch of other useless pokemon that have Bug, Ghost and Dark moves instead of using Metagross with Meteor Mash.

Btw, I am using an emulator which I thought that seemed obvious from the screenshots anyway and videos. Apart from having perfect IVs I did do everything legit, whether you believe it or not is up to you. If you don't want to put it on the record list I understand, but I can't do it on a DS because I don't have one.

Jumpman16

i didnt say an attack boost was enough to 2hko, i said it was enough to sweep you because if you can barely beat an unboosted metagross you definitely can't do anything to +1 one. it'd be trouble if you thunderwaved it first turn as you thought you'd have to when asked, but you didn't see it much so test passed (also if your tyranitar has your preferred protect instead of sub you're definitely not winning)

we can't allow records done on an emulator because it opens a big can of worms with regard to legitimacy since it's as easy as clicking the red x on your screen and restarting your save file to kind of never lose

Weeks ago I wrote about an uxie lead I was using instead of rotom in my trick team and im glad to say that it was an absolute success, unfortunately my streak ended at 413 wins (platinum battle tower), I didn’t posted my record before because I was on vacations but mainly because im really annoyed about the tower and how it cheated, but I will write about it later. So after the introduction here is the great team that gave me so many wins:

“Psychic power isn't something that only a few people have. Everyone has psychic power. People just don't realize it.” Gym Leader Sabrina, FireRed Version.

Uxie@Choice scarf
Levitate
(25/31/30/28/22/28) 252 hp/ 98 def/ 160 spd
Bold
*trick
*reflect
*safeguard
*memento

Introducing my new trick lead directly from the bulky levitating psychics and it’s a very good one, you may compare them or think that cresselia does a better job because the better overall defenses, but memento really sets uxie apart from cressy, with memento not only uxie gains an incredible versatility but also dragonite and registeel become capable of setting up in the face of a wide range of opponents even easier.

But none of the above reasons is the best one for using memento and uxie, with uxie´s bulkiness it is almost unfair for the AI the number of super effective attacks that fail to 4HKO or 3HKO the little pixie, and because of this in almost every battle you will be able to use memento when required, before the initial set up when facing klutz, sticky hold and strong fire attacks for example, or the recommendable choice when it´s not necessary to sacrifice uxie in the first turns to do the set up with safety: switch to the pokemon who will set up and sweep, this way you save uxie and you get a streak insurance for emergencies like hax, miss click, etc. so when a thing that was not expected happens and the pokemon who was supposed to sweep dies or you need to set up with the another one, then uxie comes in and saves the day with memento and reflect.

Reflect is there for the obvious predominance of physical attacks, initially light screen was on the moveset but with the risk of burn, paralysis, etc. I remembered why I wanted so much that rotom could learn safeguard in the old days of the pearl battle tower, so I replaced light screen with safeguard and so far I can’t remember one time that I wished to have light screen in uxie´s moveset and in the other hand safeguard helped me many times. Finally there is trick and choice scarf but I don’t think there is any need of explanation of the use of this awesome move coupled with this wonderful item. The IV´s are pretty self explanatory too, 160 in speed to hit 134 and go first against anything but electrode, scarf linoone and scarf prygon z, 252 in Hp to maximize defenses and the remaining goes in physical defense, bold nature to further increase defense.

Do you know about the Steel-type? It's a type that was only recently discovered. Gym Leader Jasmine, Silver Version.

Registeel@Leftovers
Clear body
(29/30/31/15/31/05) 252 hp/ 128 def/ 130 sp def
Impish
*curse
*amnesia
*substitute
*iron head

My classic pearl registeel comes back but now with great IV´s and a beneficial nature making it an even sturdier stalling force, if that it´s not enough the sweeping job is easier than ever because the revamped movesets in platinum tower diminished considerably the sturdy pokes that couple rest with stat up moves, making the stall wars to run out of PP the opposition almost unnecessary, also making the streak to flow faster, is still recommended to use PP max on registeel, uxie and dragonite thought.

Being a pure steel type it has 11 resistances and immunity to poison making registeel an excellent choice for type resistance coverage. Curse allows to maximize defense and attack while lowering speed which is useless anyway and coupled with amnesia registeel becomes a fortress making up for the low number of OHKO´s that is capable of score. In the Hp department is where registeel suffers from the 4 slot syndrome because the nature of its stall there is no room for its only recovering move and any stalling pokemon needs recovery, so let’s give it lefties and with its great defenses it is rarely seen a move that does 1/16 or more damage, allowing registeel not only to recover the instant damage but also the damage taken before the set up and from critical hits.

Next is substitute a move that protects you from critical hits hax and many non-attacking moves, with its laughable speed the opponent always does its move making this an invaluable move, iron head is the choice to attack because its stab and the lack of a type immune to it. 252 IV´s in hp maximizes the defenses, physical defense get 128 and impish nature, 130 in sp. defense because even if less than physical ones there are some special hard hitters.

“You know that dragons are mythical POKEMON! They're hard to catch and raise, but their powers are superior! They're virtually indestructible! Elite Four Lance, Red Version.

Dragonite(Cosmic Jeff´s courtesy)@Lum berry
Inner focus
(29/31/31/10/31/30) 252 hp/ 252 atk/ 6 def
Adamant
*dragon dance
*roost
*substitute
*outrage

My favorite dragon strikes back in platinum and is stronger than ever, look at the beautiful IV´s of this adamant dragonite, thanks to Cosmic Jeff and his Pokemon Orphanarium for this superb dragon. Now this team has resistances for every type but electric, that was the main reason to choose rotom as the lead of my previous trick team, but now almost every electric pokemon has in its moveset a move that hits for super effective my psychic uxie, and for the rare ones that uses electric moves if the attack is too strong there is memento to take care of it.

With its above average defenses and good IV´s dragonite can set up easily against its resistances and other low powered moves from opponents with low attack. When the opposite lead wants to set up is even easier for dragonite and when uxie faces stat inflict moves just use safeguard and switch. With roost dragonite can set up reliably, recover quickly after the critical hits and use substitute freely which is not only useful to block attacks from opponents with focus sash, band and quick claw on the sweeping phase but also protects from critical hits on the set up phase when dragonite is against a hard hitter like strong fire opponents and status attacks.

Dragon dance gives even more power and provides the speed that gamefreak negated to dragonite, allowing it to outspeed everything in the same priority bracket and happily OHKO through the tower with outrage its strongest physical attack, the lum berry grants more turns of devastation and helps in the rare case that aggron, steelix or registeel show their faces, the only opponents that have the shame to barely survive a 6DD outrage without sash or band. With 252 IV´s in attack and adamant nature dragonite reaches its peak physical power, finally 252 hp gives it more overall defenses than investing in sp. or physical defense.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Now it´s a list with some opponents that could give some trouble, they aren’t really a threat because they can be handled you just need to put more effort in this situations, the thing that you have to concern about is OHKO leads because every 3 times (rounded up) out of 100 times that a lead get locked on a OHKO move it will hit 3 times in a row, of course it happens more often in the tower if you´re unlucky enough lol.

--889 Dragonite 4 Adamant Choice Band 166 204 115 136 120 100 Outrage Giga Impact Earthquake Superpower Attk/Sp.Def

With its outrage it is a hard hitter, so before switching to registeel after the trick it´s a good idea to use reflect or memento for a permanent effect.

--799 Lopunny 4 Jolly Muscle Band 140 128 104 66 116 172 Dizzy Punch Fire Punch ThunderPunch Ice Punch Attk/Speed

If you find out that it has klutz then it is recommendable to use reflect and memento before set up with registeel, also when fighting against sticky hold leads use the BT database to find out which pokemon will set up and use all the team strategically to pull it off.

--899 Entei 1 Jolly Shuca Berry 190 167 105 99 95 167 Fire Fang Return Roar Reflect Attk/Speed

When facing opponents like this entei or lairon as the second or third place with registeel they will use roar so use the database to check the moveset and think what to do, in this case for example dragonite can pull off some DD´s after uxie´s reflect while paying attention to roar.

--267 Bibarel 2 Adamant Shell Bell 186 150 80 67 80 91 Hyper Fang Super Fang Pluck Attract HP/Attk

The first time I faced a bibarel lead with unaware it surprised me but wasn’t a big deal, just pay attention and remember that it´s immune to stat changes.

--806 Weezing 4 Modest Quick Claw 140 99 172 150 90 80 Sludge Bomb Flamethrower Shadow Ball Destiny Bond Def/Sp.Attk

When facing a weezing as the second opponent with registeel if it uses flamethrower then it has destiny bond, it will survive the fist iron head so don’t go for the 2HKO or it will kill you, instead burn its destiny bond PP with amnesia, curse or substitute.

--598 Dusknoir 2 Careful Leftovers 120 120 187 76 205 65 Curse Pa in Split Confuse Ray Attract Def/Sp.Def

If this thing gets locked on curse then you can´t set up right off the bat, wait with dragonite and roost and then set up while it struggles (don´t leave the curse on dragonite, before set up do a switch).

--721 Exeggutor 3 Brave Focus Sash 202 161 105 145 85 67 Wood Hammer Zen Headbutt Trick Room Explosion HP/Attk

When facing this as the second opponent with dragonite it maybe use trick room, so be careful and pay attention to the third opponent.

--702 Rampardos 3 Adamant Life Orb 204 238 80 76 70 78 Head Smash Zen Headbutt Fire Punch ThunderPunch HP/Attk
--838 Rampardos 4 Jolly Choice Scarf 172 217 80 76 70 121 Head Smash Earthquake Giga Impact Superpower Attk/Speed

I haven’t faced a rampardos lead but it is very probably that it will use head smash if it is one of this two, so first use reflect, then switch to registeel and bring again uxie, at this point you will know which rampardos is, and it is very likely that you will need to use memento.

--596 Hippowdon 2 Impish Sitrus Berry 183 164 187 79 92 67 Earthquake Swagger Sand Tomb Yawn Attk/Def

There are some leads that are completely stalled by members of this trick team, this lead for example will switch if you try to set up with dragonite, so set up with registeel instead.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Here are some general directions about the way this team works in most of the scenarios, but remember nothing is set in stone and an action might not be the best under certain circumstances, the opponents mentioned above are examples of exceptions.

* Start with trick unless you face rampardos, if there is a chance of a sticky hold lead analyze the pokemon(with the database) and decide if it is a good option to use trick to confirm the ability.

*If you locked the opposition successfully in a direct attack switch out the resistant pokemon set up and sweep, if you think it is viable use reflect before switching, but remember that it is always recommended to keep uxie alive because it will help a lot in unexpected scenarios.

If you locked the opposition successfully in a set up move, then switch out dragonite, set up and sweep.

If you locked the opposition in a status inflict move use safeguard then switch out dragonite, if it is a stat lowering move switch to dragonite.

If you locked the opposition in a move that will do little damage to dragonite switch out it, set up and sweep.

If you locked the opponent in a fire move it is a good idea to use safeguard before switching out dragonite, if it is a strong fire attack like flare blitz from blaziken use memento.

***Notes.-Use the BT database to face any unexpected situation. When sweeping with registeel and face as the second or third pokemon one that can’t be 3HKO, uses rest and a set up move, you will face a long stall (in platinum tower this is very rare, like 1 time per every 100 trainers), you must use curse and amnesia while renewing the substitute until the opposition runs out of attacking moves and starts using rest every turn (don´t use iron head because it will rest and last longer before running out of attack moves),then switch out dragonite.

My record is not the only thing that I want to share with you so if you were waiting for the story of my lost I can assure you that you will never guess the way my streak ended. After tricking all my way through the tower ironically at the end the tower tricked me, here is it: I defeated my 413th opponent then proceeded to the lobby and saved, I wanted one more set of trainers so I talked to the girl again, picked up my team and saved, I was watching TV so after the proceed to the battle room part and enter the elevator I stop paying attention, when I thought that was time to be at the battle room I looked at the DS but I only saw a black display, I thought “maybe it is the scene going out of the elevator” but unfortunately it wasn´t, it remained black for ten or fifty seconds, I freaked out and started to push all the buttons but nothing happened and suddenly the black display changed and I was at the lobby again reading the “we hope to see you again” message, I quickly checked the records computer and it displayed 413 as my record but instead of “current” a stupid “previous” with a 0 was above my record.

I can´t understand what happened, I mean after all my effort the game just decided to kick me out or what?, the only thing that I can think about it is that the game malfunctioned because neither me or my friends have hacked or used an action replay even a single time, I just can´t find a reason for that to happened but there is nothing I can do anyway, I think that is really unfair how it ended but looking for the bright side I think that is good for my team to retire unconquered until the next time I decide to try my luck in the tower with the risk to finish very annoyed lol. So if anyone had a similar experience I will be glad to know. Here ends this post, so luck to anyone battling the tower and thanks to all of you who read this short post.

Nice team and streak! It sucks how you lost though. I remember walking into the elevator once too and it turned black, it was just when I got in or out of the elevator I don't recall which. It turns black normally then too but only very shortly, now it stayed. I had to restart too then and it sucked... It just stayed black for me and I did a soft reset after which my streak was over. I definitely didn't wait longer than a minute because when it stayed black I was sure it was stuck anyway :( It only happened once though and it was a very long time ago.

Btw, any particular reason why you prefer Safeguard over Thunder Wave? Both have their pros and cons but I suppose, Thunder Wave works similarly to Safeguard though if you have sub on Registeel and Dragonite (+Lum even) anyway.

@ Jump: I have Protect and Sub, not Protect and Rest maybe you misread it. :)

Alright. I'm going to ask for some input on this before I move any further in the Battle Factory. Normally the pokemon switch isn't that hard to figure out; however, I have on my hands quite the quandry.

I'm trying to get at least the Silver print from the Factory, and I'm currently on Match #4 of Streak #3. At the start I got to choose Blissey #475 (Modest, Chopple; Hyper Beam, Shadow Ball, Water Pulse, Sing; HP/Satk) - great that I have the super-special-sponge, but it feels lacking without its trademark Softboiled. Now, however, I have the chance to choose Chansey #306 (Impish, Lucky Punch; Egg Bomb, FP, Softboiled, Sing; HP/SpD). I honestly don't know which I should end up rolling with - Blissey 475 allows me to actually attack some things, which is nice, but Chansey 306 is able to perform as a Chansey/Blissey should in sponging up attacks.

Which should I choose before continuing?

Garo,first off awsome streak.Congratz on that and it kinda sucks that your game froze up but I was hoping to give your team a try with some modification's.

Do you think this will benfit your team some more?

Latios @ Lum berry
Timid
252 sp.att/252 spe/6 hp
~Calm mind
~Substitute
~Recover
~Dragon pulse
Jumpman's latios
And giving uxie T-wave>safegaurd giving me more of a chance to setup.
Flare blitz pokes might be a problem but that's why memento + t-wave+trick is there right?and it give a handy electric resist.What do you think?

@Chorno square,I would keep the blissey as atleast it can do some damage aginast chansey who cannot do any damage except PP stall.

Jumpman16

My record is not the only thing that I want to share with you so if you were waiting for the story of my lost I can assure you that you will never guess the way my streak ended. After tricking all my way through the tower ironically at the end the tower tricked me, here is it: I defeated my 413th opponent then proceeded to the lobby and saved, I wanted one more set of trainers so I talked to the girl again, picked up my team and saved, I was watching TV so after the proceed to the battle room part and enter the elevator I stop paying attention, when I thought that was time to be at the battle room I looked at the DS but I only saw a black display, I thought “maybe it is the scene going out of the elevator” but unfortunately it wasn´t, it remained black for ten or fifty seconds, I freaked out and started to push all the buttons but nothing happened and suddenly the black display changed and I was at the lobby again reading the “we hope to see you again” message, I quickly checked the records computer and it displayed 413 as my record but instead of “current” a stupid “previous” with a 0 was above my record.

I can´t understand what happened, I mean after all my effort the game just decided to kick me out or what?, the only thing that I can think about it is that the game malfunctioned because neither me or my friends have hacked or used an action replay even a single time, I just can´t find a reason for that to happened but there is nothing I can do anyway, I think that is really unfair how it ended but looking for the bright side I think that is good for my team to retire unconquered until the next time I decide to try my luck in the tower with the risk to finish very annoyed lol. So if anyone had a similar experience I will be glad to know. Here ends this post, so luck to anyone battling the tower and thanks to all of you who read this short post.
congrats and that is really, really lame. as i detailed in the last thread, i lost a streak at 110 last summer in the middle of a battle because my game froze when i was just about to beat a second-poke drifblim with my LLL team after metagross killed luke and naked latios killed meta, and my game actually froze four times in total but the 100 one was the fourth and last straw, i could no longer flirt with insanity and ignore the very real possibility of my game freezing after 325 or something, i don't know what i would have done if i'd gotten to 200 or 250 with the damaged goods that are my iceblue ds. i understand that 110 isnt 413 but when added to losing at 135 because of my game selecting a move upon reopening a ds i closed specifically to not pick the move it selected it kind of adds up!

and you're not going to want to start up again btw. it's a very very dubious endeavor we've decided to expend effort into, and by the literal definition of "insane"—doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result—you will start to second-guess yourself somewhere around 100. has your DS taken any damage that you know of? that would be one explanation but besides that idk what to tell you...the fickle nature of playing this on a DS and this thread being steeped in honesty kind of makes you think about how worth it it is in general when you can lose a streak without losing a battle or post one without having played on a DS

@Chorno square,I would keep the blissey as atleast it can do some damage aginast chansey who cannot do any damage except PP stall.

oohhhhhohohoh THANK YOU for the advice! That Blissey was EXACTLY what I needed at the end of the Head battle! :D Unnecessary CH Shadowball FTW

Jumpman16

k here's some stuff i did:

and im at 112 and counting in the Battle Arcade: 79-75220-56974

words

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So whenever I lose in the Frontier I tend to take a break for a few days from whatever facility I just lost in. Well, tonight I picked up WiFi Tower again out of boredom and was treated to a battle against a great trainer... myself! Not a great match from a competitive standpoint but I got a kick out of realizing I was fighting my own team about halfway through (wasn't paying attention at the opening).. especially since it was on Rank 9 room 09 because nine happens to be my favorite number.

Enjoy: 67-49391-57111

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)