Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

http://site.voila.fr/m251/pkmn/pkmn_pl_records.html

His hall record isn't shown there. And, those factory wins... Meh. 242 and 319 for open level. This guy seriously must be the luckiest person in the world. Or, have the most time on his hands while getting the most luck in the world. Personally, I am skeptical until I hear more as well. As for this whole %C thing... It takes the challenge out of it IMO. Sure, the patterns are there, and it's not abuse to observe them, but it's certainly not challenging you to have even more advanced knowledge of teams while playing either.
Yup, his battle hall record is shown. Click on the pic "Battle Stage/Hall" with the Charizard (you even have the tiers list).

Then, you shouldn't use the infos about the trainers as well - if they use OHKOs, if they are 21 IVs, if they use legendaries...
And if he has so high records in the BF, that's exactly because of the %C. If you know, that, say, Raikou has a high chance of appearing, you wont swap with your opponent's Suicune. As I've said before, it requires a lot of time to do the list, but once it's done, you can reach very high streaks.

Jumpman, it's exactly like that. With the %C, if you see that a Poké posing a problem has a very high %C to appear in a given streak, then you adapt your team so that you beat those Pokes.

And %C isn't as useful as before in the BT, because the trick strategy allows you to set up against any Pokémon, no matter what (or more than 99,5 % of the time) with good practice.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I can garantee you that he didn't. He owns almost every record of the 4th gen but spends about 14h per day to do so.
you'll notice that not once did i accuse him of cheating. i'm much, much more amused by the fact that if he DID use %C in the battle tower, his record of 557 is honestly pathetic. peterko and i don't need %C to reach those numbers

and if you're not exaggerating to make your point when you say he plays "14 hours a day" i will do a little comparison here. going at full speed and paying full attention, it takes me 19 minutes to do a round of 7. starting after beating palmer's second team, it would take me three days and 25 minutes to get to 1,000. three days.

now obviously i am not guaranteed to win every battle (though according to Xel i have at least a 99.5% chance of winning every battle no matter what), but do you see where i'm going with this? if anyone who plays 14 hours a day and also knows what teams he is going to face is even remotely good, then how hasn't he broken 600 battles yet? even if it took him months and months to get the proper %C for the tower, he would need less than two days of playing 14 hours a day to break 600. how hasn't this happened yet?

but regardless of that, i also made it clear that regardless of %C or hacking i would be fascinated by his team strategies. i'm not accusing anyone of anything

i honestly wish there were some kind of accountability for records in general because the one thing we can all agree on is that mystic251 and peterko and i are all crazy about the battle frontier either way

Then, you shouldn't use the infos about the trainers as well - if they use OHKOs, if they are 21 IVs, if they use legendaries...
you mean the same info that people like peterko and myself compiled by hand starting from emerald? most of this information is immediately apparent to anyone who is paying attention after the first hour of ever playing—"man this PI guy always uses horn drill and sheer cold pokemon", or "these specific ace trainers and veterans use legendaries".

but i'll counter your argument by asking this: we can make it an "even playing field" and accept that all players can use %C just like m251 and friends do currently. do you really, really, really want me or peterko to learn how to do %C so we know what pokemon we are going to face every time? for all intents and purposes i reached 500 in pearl a year ago (i didn't play pearl for like 9-10 months after i got to 462), and we know what peterko has done as well. do you think that either of us would even bat an eyelash to 3,000, 3,500, 4,000 and beyond if we knew what pokemon we were going to face beforehand?

Jumpman, it's exactly like that. With the %C, if you see that a Poké posing a problem has a very high %C to appear in a given streak, then you adapt your team so that you beat those Pokes.
i know...again, i am not questioning the number, i'm confused as to why it's so low. and this statement really contradicts your next one:

And %C isn't as useful as before in the BT, because the trick strategy allows you to set up against any Pokémon, no matter what (or more than 99,5 % of the time) with good practice.
i know you're new to smogon and this thread but think about it for a second. let's say you're right. my team is every bit as invincible as you say it is, and i only have very slight issues with literally three pokemon sets, which is what's left when you take 99.5% of 600, the number of pokes you will see after battle 49 (besides random NFE ruin maniac, beauty and parasol lady pokemon that i'm sure we can both agree won't trouble me). if i were headed from 49 to 1,000, i would see these three sets about five times.

do you think that not only do i only always face these slightly troublesome sets in a streak, but i always lose to them too? there would be no other explanation for this according to your perception of trick teams.

or let's say you're wrong, and there are more than three pokemon that give me slight trouble. if i'm so destined to always face these in a streak and also always lose to them, but i know these are the only possible threats to my team, why on earth wouldn't i think %C is the most useful thing ever, if it allows me to use a different team when i see the inevitable yanmega or heracross leads i'm so destined to face and lose to all the time?

which is it?

For the BF, again, the record is dubious because the high probability of through over 200 battles, getting an insanely shitty draw for Pokemon. For example, my opponent got a Metagross for the first Pokemon, and every single Pokemon of the 6 the Pokemon I got couldn't do more than 20% to it.

I know that trick teams are really difficult to handle. Maybe the 99,5% thing was exaggerating. But after seeing your posts and peterko's, I think that we can agree that those teams are really good, and that you can win almost every battle if you pay attention/don't get haxxed to death and with enough experience to play around problematic leads. To be clear, I have never played a trick team, but it seems that they perform very well.

And yes, it is clear that some trainers always use the same kind of Pokémon - but I could say the same : it is clear, if you pay attention, that some Pokemon appear really often during certains sets. I could give you an example with Peterko's streak. He once met the same sashavalanchebastiodon three times in the same set. If he had already done this set, he could have noticed "I meet SashDon often there, I shouldn't set up Garchomp if possible".

But for the %C, the name is clear - it's a percentage. It means that you only have probabilities. I said that you could change your team for the streaks you knew you would have problems with your trick team, because there would be some problematic leads (Heracross/Yanmega/Metagross/whatever). But in fact, you could never fight them during the streak, and loose because you'd meet a Poké you'd have beaten with your trick team. And the reverse can happen as well - you meet a deadly lead during a streak where it had a very low %C. Using the %C doesn't garantee you to win everytime, it only helps you to win more battles statistically. And in the BT, it's more useful and faster to learn how to play a trick team than making the list of the %C - we have the proof with yours streak and Peterko's, which easily beat mystic's.

The whole point of the "why a so low record" is that mystic doesn't use a trick team (he doesn't even use Garchomp because he thinks it's too easy to win with it). As I've said before, he's only interested in breaking the records. When he managed to do it for Pt's BT, he stopped and tried another facility. It's as simple as that. And when I told him about Peterko's streak and said him that his record was beaten, he only said that he was pleased to see other people trying to do high streaks, because the records are usually done by the same players. Now that Peterko has broken the thousand, I think he'll try to beat it too - but not with a trick team. That's why he "only" reached 557.

Pink, Mystic plays a LOT (i'm not exaggerating with the 14h/day thing). Of course he lost a lot before getting his record. But statistically, there will be only a few times where you won't be able to do anything. And when you've got the list of the sets, you can win a lot because you will know which Pokemon are the ones to choose at the beginning (and swap later) to counter the Pokémon with the higher %C, until a deadly threat with a really low %C shows up and ends your streak. It's only a matter of time and luck, and as Mystic plays a lot, he manages to make very high records.

I don't have a lot of time now, if I'm not clear or haven't answered properly, I'll do it later.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DBZ stuff

Can't wait for Jump's next update - the proof pic will probably have the wreckage of Planet Namek in the background. I hope your posts from here on in aren't just long paragraphs of powering up...
brilliant post D, I´d like to be Goku, but my emotions sometimes make me act like a kid (hey I´m still a kid and proud to be one)

jumpman said:
don't listen to peterko he is just trying to sabotage you!
don´t listen to jumpeh he is just trying to teach you how to get a better streak than him!

I posted the "advice" like 3 minutes before going to lunch (hungry), but quickly realized that I messed up and saved it before anyone could make fun of me :p

jumpman said:
peterko is extremely experienced in the battle tower and he lost to pokemon in metagross and heracross that he will tell you he never should have with his team, and regardless of his noble stance on learning things the hard way and playing with your own knowledge, my point stands that i believe that everything i've posted about my teams can get anyone in this thread a streak of 200 (and peterko don't take my comment personally lol, you're the best example of my point)
haha you´re too optimistic, people give you proof everyday that it´s not that easy

also:
- yes I´m very experienced in the tower now (it´s more than 2100-2200 battles fought with this team alone)
- yes I lost to meta and hera when I shouldn´t have and learned from my mistakes
- noble stance on learning things the hard way got me where I am, not that bad :)
- hmm, don´t want to sound cocky (I´m not), but I don´t think I lost a battle with this team where I didn´t do mistakes - OK the wrath-case I see as part-mistake because of not attacking twice where I could´ve, which cost me the game in the end (due to ridiculous above standard hax)

I don´t take it personally, but don´t know what you mean by saying I´m the best example

let that mystic guy live, if he´s that good he´s that good, we can´t say we know everything and noone better exists out there, I mean the world is a big battle ground

it´d be nice if he joined this topic with his records but mostly teams, I´m interested and curious what he used (so is jump I bet..ehm he already mentioned it a few times)

about the C% if it was only smeargle that plays against < H270 pokémon, I haven´t done a theorymon, so that could be true...but it simply can´t beat all of the pokémon in the hall, unless he doesn´t face exactly those who counter it in the later stages

but now I see there´s regirock, togekiss, infernape and even freaking regifail...ow how the hell does regifail beat anything ever? (sorry I mean beside us trainers with some powder hax, etc.)

that´s very interesting and it´d be nice to hear those warstories...he doesn´t have to tell us how the %thing works or give us his "lists", but at least what movesets/teams he used or something

jumpman said:
i honestly wish there were some kind of accountability for records in general because the one thing we can all agree on is that mystic251 and peterko and i are all crazy about the battle frontier either way
am I being called crazy by a crazy? hahaha great

Xel I have nothing against you and it´s cool that you showed us there are people who get nice records, but this?

Xel said:
The whole point of the "why a so low record" is that mystic doesn't use a trick team (he doesn't even use Garchomp because he thinks it's too easy to win with it). As I've said before, he's only interested in breaking the records.
I´m taking this personally and it doesn´t make any sense at all dude. Not using garchomp, because he thinks it´s too easy to win with it. Are you his spokesman/woman or what? I bet he would fire you right there. that is the most ridiculous statement one can make, who is the self proclaimed record breaker...I mean, you contradicted yourself in the sentence RIGHT AFTER IT.

it´s freaking not easy to win with garchomp alone, which dies to each and every ice move (there´s a million of those), or simply by using "trick" alone...it´s not invincible at all, it´s just a matter of time and "luck" when it strucks you

seriously both LSG and CLS die to 3xQCxhorn drill don4...simply no way to survive that, that´s just one example

seriously, we aren´t a bunch of ignorant fools who doubt everyone and everything (we might "sound" that way occasionally), so there´s no point in being afraid, unless you cheat...we´re obsessed and these kind of "news" make us suspicious but also very interested

if you´d like to be acknowledged by some of the best out there, please come and join our crazy group mr. mystic :D

EDIT: posting a warstory of one of my battles today...Hi Mr. Jumpman, will you call me "lucky" again after this one? haha :p

# 1042 vs PI river
golem vs latias
trick, QC, SE, 97/185
charm, SE, 58/185
charm, SE, miss
charm, SE, 37/185
recover 129, SE miss
switch, chomp
struggle CH 113/182
sub, struggle
SD, struggle
SD, struggle
quake, KO
rhyperior
quake, sash, avalanche, sub broke, 68/182
sub, avalanche, sub broke 23/182 (tried to lure a horn drill maybe lol?)
quake, KO
dugtrio
night slash KO
NS, 75, recover, 167
nS, CH 53, recover, 145
recover 185, NS, 131
recover, 185, NS, 131
switch, NS 177, 187
switch, fissure1
switch, NS CH, 165, 176
switch, fissure2
switch, NS, 166, 177
switch, fissure3
switch, NS, 167, 178
switch, fissure4
switch, NS, 167-178
switch, fissure5
NS, 67, charm
switch, NS, 173, 184
NS, 179, iron head 65%,
NS, iron head, KO

I could post hundreds of words of "what if", but this is pokémon...OK can´nt resist a few:
-> 2/5 SE missed, the last one let me recover which was crucial in the end
-> if one of those SEs had CHed I´d be able to set up chomp better with possibly more HP in the end
-> struggle on switch in CHed, without it I would probably have enough HP to survive a hit from duggy (giga does like 77 max dmg)
-> I didn´t kill perior when I had to, those are things that decide about winning or losing in the end
-> last but not least, no arena trap hahaha I didn´t even "notice" this until almost all fissures were wasted...seriously LOLing about how stupid I was here (not taking that absolutely insane risk would be to somehow PP waste n-slash and get the freaking razor claw from duggy inbetween and then dunno...)

also haven´t checked, but wonder if there´s a faster poké than duggy among the PI group, because that was an ugly counter-team to garchomp

I gues Jump will call me "Peterko the Lucky Bitch" from now on

also faced the bane of set up chomp, james sashbond mismagius as poké2, luckily the last one was the hypno eggy which had a shot at beating me (beat latias) but missed with hypno on steel

the streak continues :D (1078 I think)

EDIT2: no there was no faster poké that the PI could´ve sent out...the only other faster one is electrode, but that´s sashed, item clause (perior had sash) means I couldn´t have faced it as the third poké

also +3 chomp beats aboma, arti, bastio, claydol (could miss but would stall with latias), gong, drifblim (could miss but can´t do shit to steel), flygon, forry (could miss but see claydol), gastro, glalie, hippo, kingler, licky (could miss but charm the hell out of it), zone, mamo (could miss but can´t touch latias), pinsir, probo, shiftry, skuntank, weezing, whiscash

impossible to face: zong (QC), phan (QC), trode (sash), eggy (sash), gliscor (sash), heatran (sash), lapras (QC), meta (QC), muk (QC), regirock (QC), rhydon (QC), steelix (QC), wailord (QC),

the only other possible threat would be nidoking, rapidash if I had missed them and maybe walrein with a lot of bad luck

in that case, only duggy was a 100%-sure case to beat chomp, 3 other pokémon if powder/lax incense had activated (walrein would have to lax incense+OHKO), I could´ve handled all others pretty easily

nice try, PI ;)

are there sites like ours in other countries that don't speak english? is there a french smogon-esque site that the most elite BT champs have their foreign records posted?

i'd be curious to know what the japanese highest record is... i wonder which country has the best top 5 or so battlers

I believe (I haven't spoken with him about it) that he doesn't use a trick team because at the time he made his record, no one knew how effective they were. In fact, Garchomp is one of his preferred Poke (he has about 3 boxes filled with Garchomp with different spreads/moves) and I think he is tired of winning with it. I know that about a year ago, he used Gabite to win some matches in the BT/BH, and he was doing pretty well.
But I don't really know for Garchomp, it's just one of his friends who said it.
And nice warstory ^^

Kingbattlus, I don't think there is one in France, but there are some really good japanese/others players.

Oh, never mind, I read it incorrectly. But a lot of the world does speak English. They should make a Smogon available in other languages. =D

well, i for one remain sceptical. still, i'd be more than happy to be proven wrong. if this mystic guy is able to explain himself well, and his strategies seem ok, then i'd be willing to give him a fair go :)

as for the moveset lists, i've played the battle castle enough that i could probably put most of it together. you would fairly quickly realise that youre seeing the same 4 versions of each pokemon over and over again, and deduce that each poke has 4 variants. then you'd start to notice that occasionally certain trainers have pokemon with lower stats (21 IVs), etc. and that the ones with OHKO's/explosion often are together, with PI's being the culprit. so i dont see that as being such a "bad" thing.

but if there really is some kind of %C thing going on, i think it would be possible to get into the game's code and figure it all out. perhaps that can be mingot's next assignment lol...... in the meantime, i think i might back up my save file and try fiddling with the battle hall to see if the same pokemon really do appear. but it wont be until i finish my battle castle streak, because i dont want to affect the legality of it even by doing something like that, even in a different building (also im paranoid that something might go wrong and data gets erased).

so anyway, let's see what this mystic guy has to say. the way i see it, there are only two real outcomes:

1. he's a hacker and we find out about it; or
  2. he's an excellent battler, who would be a good member of our site, and would contribute to the discussions here. (although he would simply slot into the top spot on most of the records - lol 1st place BH 2113, 2nd place 243)

EDIT: i gotta be more careful. a battle in the castle:

1. salamence vs QC metagross. i switch to milotic, eat a MM. 3HKO with surf, coming out with about 150/200hp thanks to a miss from zen headbutt.
  2. in comes luxray (twave, thunder+ice fang, crunch). recover, twave.
  3. i switch in bliss on a tfang. next turn, twave, revover.
  4. at this point i remember my plan - keep salamence alive because he can OHKO this and the next with outrage. i should have let blissey take on luxray, but i figured i could switch and get intimidate, and the only thing that could go against me is a crit on the switch-in, or paralysis from tfang. both unlikely, as if.....
  5. in comes salamence. intimidate - tfang crits - down to 10/170hp. no para luckily, and i breathe again. so outrage KO's and....
  6. in comes honchkrow (level 55). and now i realise it has sucker punch and knows i am locked into outrage. well, it didnt choose sucker punch lol.... so outrage KO'd it.
anyway, its not like i would have been in a world of trouble; bliss+milo would have dealt with krow and luxray easy enough. but there's no point trying to take shortcuts, and banking on unlikely things not happenning.....

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think people already covered this Mystic thing pretty well... I'm kind of skeptical myself, but I'd also like to hear how he did it. After all, if the record is legit (I'm not saying it's not, don't get me wrong), we could learn quite a bit more about how the frontier works.

.. Yeah, I can't come up with any more other than the inevitable getting hit by sheer cold three times with my quick team to get through the first 49.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm a couple days late on this, but big congrats to Peterko on a 1001 (I suppose 1042+ now) win streak!

Also someone wanted to know how much BP I had total:
Japanese Diamond - 2025
English Pearl - 9547
English Platinum - 4121
Total: 15693

I've probably spent a couple hundred BP as well.

And as for why I haven't really posted anything in a long time. It's becuase the Battle Factory hates me and I still can't get the Gold Symbol. <_<

I'm a couple days late on this, but big congrats to Peterko on a 1001 (I suppose 1042+ now) win streak!

Also someone wanted to know how much BP I had total:
Japanese Diamond - 2025
English Pearl - 9547
English Platinum - 4121
Total: 15693

I've probably spent a couple hundred BP as well.

And as for why I haven't really posted anything in a long time. It's becuase the Battle Factory hates me and I still can't get the Gold Symbol. <_<
yeah, it has been a while, eh?

the factory just sucks. i wasted sooooo much time getting that gold symbol in emerald, long after i got everything else, and long after i totally lost patience with it.....

ive only once tried it in platinum. i got to 7 while i was bored one day. then i thought i'd pick it up after my battle tower streak came to an end. i got a swords dance + aerial ace gligar in the first round who dominated right through to battle 14, when i came up against a dragonaire with dragon pulse. i mean wtf - it just tore my whole team to shreds. nothing i'd seen had a more powerful move than aerial ace, and none of my guys were fully evolved (except for a useless seaking).

Well, I wanted to get that 100 BT streak so I've been messing around with moves, and Ev spreads.
My Team Uxie, Registeel and Garchomp.

I've encountered 2 problems, one more obvious than the other.

First one is the Bug Buzz Yanmega, what am I meant to do? =/ Uxie is 2HKO'd and Registeel takes some heavy damage too. Garchomp just gets analiated.
I tricked scarf on the Yanmega too =/.

Another problem was this. I was against a Skarmory, trainers last pokemon. My Registeel was set up and then Skarmory roars it away. It brings out my garchomp so I think fine, I'll SD. It roars me out again.
Brings out Registeel. I'm like - Screw this, Iron heat. Then it sets 1 layer of spikes. I switch to Uxie to trick it. But I trick'd it when it used roar, so my garchomp and Registeel were attacking once then roared out. Taking damage from 2 layers of spikes.

What should I have done? =[

Also, Batte Factory is messed up. I bloody hate it.
After 6-7 attempts I finally got to battle 21... And then I lost, this was about a month ago but I remeber his first pokemon destroying my whole team -.-"

Battle Factory was very difficult in my opinion too. It took me something like a month to complete it but now that I beat it last week, damn did I feel like a true Pokémon master since the Factory Gold Print was the only one I was missing! (kind of how I felt when I first defeated Elite 4 for the first time as a kid in Pokémon Red)

I had no bigger problems at all in any other Battle Frontier places in Platinum, only Factory gave me some problems and a few headaches. In the 49th match, which is the second Frontier Brain match, I had Arcanine, Skarmory and Cresselia on my team. Thorton (The Frontier Brain) had Registeel, Swampert and Ampharos. It really helped a lot that he had Registeel first and I had Arcanine. Swampert was pretty easy to take down with Cresselia since it knew Energy Ball and Ampharos was no match for either Cresselia or Arcanine.

In Battle Tower/Castle/Arcade I used Gyarados, Electivire and Heracross/Tyranitar in my team and it worked pretty well. Gyarados is a good lead thanks to Intimidate and Electivire works extremely well with it. Heracross and Tyranitar were both Choice Banders and I somewhat randomly switched them after matches. I remember using Tyranitar against some Frontier Brains since some of them have legendaries and Tyranitar pretty much owns every non-Uber legendary.

Battle Hall I completed with Alakazam with the following moveset:
Alakazam (M)
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 6 HP
IV's: 29/13/31/31/31/31
Psychic
Focus Blast
Signal Beam
Shadow Ball / Energy Ball / Shock Wave / Swagger

I know that Scock Wave and Swagger are very odd moves on Alakazam, but I just had to use them on specific occasions: Shock Wave 2HKO'd Vespiquen in Bug types, which was holding a BrightPowder and Psychic seemed to miss just about every time. Swagger was for Scyther, who was holding a Focus Sash as well and it had a Quick Attack, so it would have always won if I had attacked directly. Beating that Scyther needed some luck though, and a couple of tries so I always chose to fight the Bug types first so I didn't have to start all over again when I had something like a streak of 100 etc. The other problems were Focus Blast's accuracy, Abomasnow and Tyranitar (because their weather abilites make Focus Sash useless) and the funny thing is that the 170th match (the second match against Frontier Brain) was against a Tyranitar and Focus Blast missed and I thought I would have to start all over again. Well, luckily Tyranitar's Stone Edge missed too (I think my DS wouldn't be in one piece anymore if it didn't :p) and I had another shot with Focus Blast, and this time it hit and easily OHKO'd that Tyranitar.

Now I have something like 2200+ Battle Points in Platinum and it's mostly because of Battle Factory.

Well at least you got the symbol in emerald. I got to 48 twice and lost lol. I'm at 29 in platinum, although i haven't played much.
the emerald head comes at battle 42 actually - maybe thats what you meant? and myself, i spent well over 100 hours just getting that, possibly more like 200. i remember my game time was getting near 500 and i thought comeon youve gotta get this before 500, and it ended up being more like 600 :(

anyway, this discussion has prompted me to finally put my victory over noland up on youtube. if you dont want to watch, here is the summary (what a match!).

by the time i got to him i had assembled quite a nice team:

1. dodrio - lum berry - double edge, drill peck, and i dont remember the rest
  2. flygon - i honestly dont remember its item or what moves it had, apart from flamethrower which you see in the video
  3. porygon2 - lum berry - thunderwave, psychic, and prob thunderbolt and ????
so.....

1. dodrio vs mr mime. double edge - near OHKO. trick!! so i get a choice band. could be worse ;)
  2. double edge finishes mr mime. in comes electrode.
  3. here i didnt know what to do - i was pretty sure it could explode, and the factory pokes seem to move randomly rather than always choosing the best move which would be thunderbolt here. i wanted to switch to flygon here, assuming an electic attack was coming, but i also didnt want flygon to die because he was such a beast. so...... thunderbolt kills dodrio :(
  4. i send in pory2. electrode uses thunderwave, but my lum berry heals me and i paralyze him back.
  5. psychic crits (and gets a sp def drop lol) and he barely survives, and thunderwaves me back.
  6. he explodes and i die :( who is the last poke???? this flygon has been murdering everything!
  7. venusaur..... well, this could be close, depending on his set. anyway...... flamethrower does maybe 40%, and he sleep powers me!!! no........ now he'll just smash me.
  8. flygon asleep, double edge takes me to 79/150hp.
  9. flygon WAKES UP(!) but flamethrower doesnt quite KO. double edge makes that hp bar go down and down and down until..... it stops at 4hp and venusaur dies from recoil :D
lol what a match.... things could have been SO easy though if i knew the team, or even if i had just switched flygon into electrode. choice band drill peck from dodrio would have murdered venusaur, and psychic would have done a great deal also. i really should have protected that dodrio more.... anyway. on the other hand, the second double edge did 75 - if the first one did the same damage i would have been dead. would have been a tie (recoil), but i doubt if he woulda given me the symbol....

That was a pretty close match congrats on collecting all the emerald frontier symbols, now for platinum:D
thanks :) it was about 3 years ago that it happened hehe....

dont know if i'll ever do the platinum factory. of all the emerald buildings they chose to keep exactly the same, it had to be that one....... the pyramid was so cool too!! actually the pyramid was way too easy - my team is still undefeated there on i dont know how many hundred levels, with a bag full of elixers, berries, revives, even sacred ashes lol.....

noone seems to post in the emerald BF thread.....

Diana

I think the lack of Trick and Garchomp scares people away. It sure makes me steer clear of it...
I lost my emerald *pouts*

And I had Scizor all set up in battle 79, Metagross comes out, I plan to Superpower... It crits me with Quick Claw Earthquake. And yet I come back for more every time I lose like this. Oh well, eventually I'll get a big run going again, I think I'm addicted even if I hate having this happen, lol.

I think the lack of Trick and Garchomp scares people away. It sure makes me steer clear of it...
heh i think the best you could do is trick a choice band with alakazam. but that is not reliable.

seriously though, its quite fun, although of course most people are gonna do the 4th gen ones because its what pokemon "is" these days.

given the physical/special split based on moves, i cant see why skarm/bliss wouldnt be a good way to go. skarmory has sturdy too, so you can counter (some) OHKO'ers like that.

I lost my emerald *pouts*

And I had Scizor all set up in battle 79, Metagross comes out, I plan to Superpower... It crits me with Quick Claw Earthquake. And yet I come back for more every time I lose like this. Oh well, eventually I'll get a big run going again, I think I'm addicted even if I hate having this happen, lol.
totally set up? you didnt have a sub though? thats one of the reasons for that move!

actually, that exact metagross almost stuffed up my battle castle streak this morning. i'd knocked off the first two pokes and had salamence+blissey at pretty much full health, and milotic at just over half (due to a crit on the last turn of cresselia dying to toxic). blissey was out, and metagross came in. i switch in milotic and meteor mash gets a crit, takes me to about 5-10%. next turn i select recover, but quick claw EQ finishes me. had to do one seismic toss from blissey to put it into KO range for salamences EQ and then pray for no QC+crit (which is what it would have taken to kill me). stranger things have happened though, and i was glad to get out safely.

Diana

Substitute works for that, I know, but I find Roost helps me set up when needed in a lot of other situations that would really mess up my team otherwise, I find it to be such a hard choice. I might try Sub again, I did once before but didn't like it all that much. I'll get back to you and see if it makes things work any better this time.

Edit: Okay, you're right, sub's working a lot better for me than the last time I tried it. Thanks for the help, I completely miss obvious things at times.

Just thought I'd warn people not to bother with the Battle Fagtory, as you'll inevitably get haxed to death many times, especially by the biggest cheater in Pokemon history, Thorton. He uses Pokemon far more powerful that what you can choose from before facing him. It's immoral.

Oh, but you can try the Fagtory if you think it's worth a coloured rectangle, as opposed to a grey one. That's all it is. Oh, and some worldwide fame as few have passed the 49...

Back to the Tower:

Also, someone mentioned setting up but not having Sub, well I believe that "setting up" is the wrong time if Substitute isn't in the picture. That is the set-up move. Especially on Scizor, as he can't survive stuff the same way Registeel does.

Also, when I'm ready to retry the Tower, I'll probably use a different Trick lead than Uxie, though like most normal people I have no access to a flawless Latias. Let alone a decent one. Also, I might be daring and try not using Garchomp as the emergency sweeper. I know someone else in this thread plans on using another, somewhat less-loved dragon.

ok peterko, 1001 is pretty good, but i present to you........

..... one thousand and TWO mwahahahahahaha.........

hehe i wasnt going to post anything about my BC streak for a little while yet, but when i saw 1002CP i couldnt resist ;)

actually, ive found it a lot easier to mantain a good supply of CP because of something i should have done a long time ago. damage calculations! i wrote up a table of how much salamence's outrage, earthquake, and rockslide does to pokes with defenses of 60,65,70,75,......,200. it gives me a lot more confidence to level some pokes up, and therefore a good chance of getting more points. should probably do the same thing with milotic's surf and ice beam... oh well, still going :naughty:

(btw i know youre probably at about 1200 by now peterko :P)

EDIT: @DrDimentio - i think i have negator's redistributable one - 29/2/29/29/31/31 or something along those lines - pretty sure thats the one peterko used. i'll send you a copy next time i can trade.

I'm just getting started into actual battle tower (not the EV'd team that was thrown together and only got to like 42 or something), and I want to at least try Peterko's team. Is there somewhere he has posted the details on that? Also, are there any pokemon that do better at battle tower than others (other than Chomp, obviously).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)