Platinum Walkthrough Tournament (Round 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Approved by Earthworm

General Tournament Rules

Previous Threads

Platinum Walkthrough Tournament - Signups
Platinum Walkthrough Tournament - Round 1

It’s been a while since you started your journey. Your badge case is significantly heavier than it once was, your PC is full of countless creatures you’ve encountered, and your bag is stuffed with the fruits of your labors, each Pokemon, item, and badge bearing a memory attached to it.

As you emerge from The Great Marsh a few Pokeballs lighter and a bit muddier, you look upon your current residence, Pastoria City. Its damp muggy feel leaves you longing for the clear airs of Twinleaf town. Your homesickness doesn’t discourage you though. Entering the Pastoria Gym with nothing more than a slightly overleveled Roselia, you easily crush through your opponents, wondering why exactly they all choose to use nothing but a single, easily exploited type.

Inside of the Move Tutor’s house, you dig around your bag for those loose Heart Scales you were saving. Trading them to him affords your Pokemon a whole host of new attacks for them to use, you can’t wait to try them out on some unsuspecting trainer. Suddenly you hear a familiar voice.

“Hey, remember me?”

Instantly you recognize the voice of your rival. You gaze upon him with eager anticipation because you know what’s going to happen next.

“You didn’t think I’d let you get ahead of me, did you? I got this badge ages ago. I was just in the neighborhood and heard you had barely scraped a win off of Crasher Wake, and had to see for myself if it was true.”

His taunting only serves to wet your appetite for the upcoming bout.

“Anyway, I figured, if I’m here, and you’re here, we might as well entertain ourselves for a bit. How about we compare Pokemon with a battle? You’re no match for my newest and greatest Pokemon.”

And with that, you graciously accept. Standing apart you both ready your Pokeballs, knowing that this will be one of the fiercest battles yet.

========================================

All participants must submit their team each round. These teams will be forwarded to DP Crobat and LonelyNess. This is in order to ensure that your team is in compliance with the restrictions of the round.

1. Only ONE Starter Pokemon may be used on any team, as well, this Starter Pokemon will be the only one you may use for the entirety of the tournament.

Starter Pokemon Include:
Grotle
Monferno
Prinplup

2. Species, Sleep, Evasion, OHKO, Self KO Clauses are in effect

3. There is no rule against scouting, however if you are in the tournament and you spectate a match that a participant asks you to leave in you may be disqualified.

4. All logs are to be sent to DP Crobat and LonelyNess for team verification and to eliminate the possibility of cheating.

5. Battles will be played on the Smogon University Server on Shoddybattle.

Round 2 Matchups (Underlined means you have an approved team.)

locopoke vs. snorlax
LoveDestiny vs. Huntofthelion
darkie vs. sasami
ReyScarface vs. Chris is Me

Deadline is 2 Weeks From This Post

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Matchup in the Marsh

Level Restriction: 35 (Check http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/ to see what moves they learn at Level 35)

Pokemon Available:

Torterra
Monferno
Prinplup
Staraptor
Bibarel
Kricketune
Luxray
Alakazam
Gyarados
Roselia
Crobat
Golem
Steelix
Scizor
Rampardos
Bastiodon
Machamp
Golduck
Wormadam
Mothim
Beautifly
Dustox
Vespiquen
Pashirisu
Floatzel
Cherrim
Gastrodon
Heracross
Ambipom
Drifblim
Lopunny
Gengar
Seaking
Wishcash
Chimecho
Meditite
Bronzong
Ponyta
Blissey
Chatot
Raichu
Noctowl
Spirtomb
Gabite
Snorlax
Unown
Quagsire
Pelliper
Hippowdon
Girafarig
Azumarill
Skorupi
Croagunk
Carnevine
Gliscor
Rotom (Alt Formes as well)
Probopass
Gardevoir
Lickilicky
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Espeon
Umbreon
Leafeon
Togetic
Yanmega
Tropius
Duskull
Porygon2
Technical Machines Available:
  1. 1 use TMs
  2. ----------
  3. Stealth Rock
  4. Grass Knot
  5. Pluck
  6. Bullet Seed
  7. Rock Tomb
  8. Focus Punch
  9. Explosion
  10. Shadow Claw
  11. Drain Punch
  12. Brine
  13. Taunt
  14. Earthquake
  15. Dig
  16. Brick Break
  17. Shock Wave
  18. Aerial Ace
  19. Steel Wing
  20. Roost
  21. Payback
  22. Attract
  23. Trick Room
  24. Unlimited
  25. ---------
  26. Cut
  27. Fly
  28. Defog
  29. Rock Smash
  30. Flash
  31. Hyper Beam
  32. Reflect
  33. Light Screen
  34. Protect
  35. Hidden Power
  36. Ice Beam
  37. Blizzard
  38. Return
  39. Frustration
  40. Solarbeam
  41. Thunderbolt
  42. Thunder
  43. Return
  44. Psychic
  45. Flamethrower
  46. Fire Blast
  47. Rest
  48. Focus Blast
  49. False Swipe
  50. Endure
  51. Giga Impact
  52. Gyro Ball
  53. Swords Dance
  54. U-Turn
  55. Substitute
  56. Safeguard
Items Available

Berries 1-51
Iron Ball
Metronome
Sitrus Berry
King's Rock

wow, lot of choices for pokemon right now

just for clarification, are we battling before or after the move tutor's house?

EDIT- new question- how is dusclops allowed? it evolves at level 37

Does it matter if we've used any TMs in R1?

locopoke vs. snorlax - STRONGTH
LoveDestiny vs. Huntofthelion - i honestly have no idea

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
All TMs have been restored, you can reapportion them as you wish.

You are battling after the move tutor's house, so all lvl 1 moves are available to you.

locopoke vs. snorlax - Revenge me damnit
darkie vs. sasami

what about pre-evolution moves?

for example, lets say i used grotle in round 1, but i want to use synthesis (turtwig learns it at lvl 33) on torterra in round 2. would i be allowed to do so?

what about pre-evolution moves?

for example, lets say i used grotle in round 1, but i want to use synthesis (turtwig learns it at lvl 33) on torterra in round 2. would i be allowed to do so?
Inside of the Move Tutor’s house, you dig around your bag for those loose Heart Scales you were saving. Trading them to him affords your Pokemon a whole host of new attacks for them to use, you can’t wait to try them out on some unsuspecting trainer. Suddenly you hear a familiar voice.
I would think so based on the above quote. Technically you could have waited to evolve at level 35 and then tutor what you miss.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
Egg Moves are available if both the provider of the egg move is available, and the receiver of the egg move is available. For example, putting Slack Off on Hippowdon is not possible because no matter how hard you try, Slack Off Chimchar (the only way to give Hippowdon Slack Off) isn't available until lvl 39. This is just one example, but you get the jist.

Also, any prevo move is available. As well as lvl 1 Heart Scale moves.

ill pick my boy chris to win this entire thing (darkie vs chris should be good)

chris dont lose now and make me look like a fool

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
locopoke vs. snorlax
darkie vs. sasami

DARKIE THE CHAMP

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
We should have mentioned this earlier, but there are NO MUNCHLAX EGG MOVES allowed.

You need Rock Climb in order to get the Full Incense, and you don't have it yet.

That means Pokemon like Zen Headbutt Snorlax are illegal, even though you would be able to breed it at lvl 35.

Also we added Scizor / Steelix to the list of available Pokemon. The Metal Coat comes from wild Bronzor, who you have access to.

I've seen LoveDestiny on shoddy a few times, so we should have no problem getting this done. Will get my team in by tonight or tomorrow.

Oops, sorry. building it now and i have a quick question. The plates are still legal right? I only ask since they're not lister under legal items.

EDIT: Team is done, just waiting of confirmation of the plates

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Team Sent.

Waiting for Chris to send his ^_^

Also LN, the movesets may seem "not legal" but ill be happy to explain you about some things in PM, Shoddy or mIRC :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)