1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Playing Pokemon Cuz I'm Bored

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by calze6, Feb 4, 2013.

1. calze6

calze6

I honestly have not played pokemon in ages. After getting bored for a while, I had the sudden compulsion to play this again. So heres my crappy little team.

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 124 Spd / 132 HP / 252 Atk
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Shadow Force
    - Recover
    - ExtremeSpeed

SD Ghost Arceus provides my team with a nice balance of offense, bulk, as well as being the primary spinblocker of my team. It is my primary physical attacker as well as the only one to have priority. It provides a decent amount of physical coverage, as well as being able to tank a few attacks. The speed EVs allow me to outrun maxed base 90s, while some HP EVs allow me to tank a bit of damage. I feel that as arceus is my spinblocker, I feel compelled to have recover to maintain some sustain. I chose shadow force as I believe that damage is more important and it is pretty predictable anyway if I choose to shadow claw instead.

Dialga @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
    Hasty Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Outrage
    - Fire Blast
    - Thunder

I needed a revenge killer, but due to the frailness of my team, I felt compelled to have one with numerous resistances. While this is probably the role I feel most likely to switch, it is still exceptionally useful in providing revenge and be an appropriate switch in at the same time. Outrage is for the lati duo basically. I often throw in random fire blasts to weed out the steel types, and thunder is basically just for the most commonly used pokemon ubers.

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    Careful Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Spikes
    - Volt Switch

I feel that I may benefit more from skarmory due to the extra sustain that it has, although I would miss out on rapid spin as well as the toxic spikes. However, it does make me uncomfortable knowing that I don't really have a particularly great check to draco meteors. I chose volt switch basically because I have the safety of letting forry take the hit if a common set up sweeper switches in on me. I can then scout the attack or deal a little damage if it sets up. I normally prioritise toxic spikes over spikes as I feel its a better solution against set up sweepers, but spikes if they have a poison type.

Groudon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Dragon Tail
    - Thunder Wave

Rain makes things messy, and apart from latias, I get pretty much swept by and swift swim sweeper. I felt groudon is great at setting up rocks, as well as being the nice phyiscal tank he is. I'm interested in trying chesto rest instead of one of his abilities, but that seems a bit odd. One may commonly ask, why thunder wave if I have toxic spikes? Well, most fast things like are flying types or have this annoying ability called levitate. Thunder wave is good support and lets me finish them off with the rest of my team. I chose dragon tail over roar as i like coverage, but substitute is frigging annoying, so I may change that.

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 200 HP / 132 Spd / 176 SAtk
    Modest Nature
    - Psystrike
    - Flamethrower
    - Taunt
    - Recover

Stallbreaker mewtwo with weird speed evs lolwat??? Well this is really the mvp of my team. With a powerful psystrike and flamethrower, I can easily decimate most tanks as well as annoying steel types (u know, ferro, forry and skarm) who think they can switch their asses into me. I say, NOPE. Speed allows me to outrun maxed base 100s (although non choice palkia is quite rare). Leftovers + hp evs make me surprisingly tanky. Most attacks struggle to 2HKO me (with help of lefties often) and taunt is wonderful for preventing set ups as well as entry hazards. Opponent thinks ha! I got this mewtwo low. I go NOPE and recover back. I think this set really sustains well while maintaining powerful psystrikes and flamethrowers, allowing me to break stall and clean up the game. Psystrike pretty sure 2HKOs most if not all kyogres.

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Roar
    - Roost
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Calm Mind

I need a kyogre switch in. This does that. Roar is for these boring people who try have a CM war with me. It also helps phaze (durrrrr). It is annoying that latias still dies to outrages and stuff. Tanky EVs, make dragon pulse weak, but lets me take some ice beams from kyogre. I dont like it being monotype attacking, but it makes me almost a special wall. It is really useful due to its resistances, but I'm open to some other special walls (as long as it is a kyogre switch in).

Well thats my crappy team, you probably think I'm a noob, and will tell me I suk. If Im not lazy, I might do a threat list later, but whatevs.

My current weaknesses I think are kyurem-white, a little bit sd arceus, and cm sweepers. Rate and blah blah.
  2. i Darky

i Darky

My only suggestion would be to change Mewtwo's nature from Modest -> Timid as well as taking EVs from HP -> Speed

The change in power may change Mewtwo's KO power a little, however Timid allows you to outspeed Darkrai, & at least speed tie with other Mewtwo, and outspeed Lati@s. You can still run Taunt and/or Recover with an offensive Mewtwo EV spread, because outspeeding these threats is helpful

Also, I would recommend fitting Paint Split on Forretress's moveset to deal with EK Arceus better, if it's poisoned with Toxic Spikes you could wear it down quickly and keep Forretress alive.
  3. calze6

calze6

I honestly dont see what i can do against darkrai and lati@s anyway so im not too convinced of that, but I do like ur suggestion on forry
  4. lousy918

lousy918

You already have taunt to really with Ferro, Forry, and skarm, so drop Flamethrower for Will o wisp

latias def is shit, shift it to SAtk.
  5. calze6

calze6

wow 4 evs wtf and flamethrower is also good for neutral coverage and powerwhip ferro otherwise fks this up
  6. lousy918

lousy918

its called burning ferro

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)