Please Help... I need it.

The team that follows is of course one that I used on Shoddy. I also would like to make teams in-game, so I could battle people outside of the simulator. I need to find the best team for me in order to do this... so, I need help making sure it is good before I make it in real life.

Please don't hesitate to change/correct/offer advice on anything from changing Pokemon to maximizing the potential of an EV Spread.

I am having trouble with Magnezone and Porygon2, so if you could address that, I would be content.

This is my team:

Please be critical.

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I used to use the Petaya/Substitute version, and ended up never being able to subpass or even pass anything at all. I found myself usually coming in for a kill with HP Ice or Thunderbolt.

So, I just threw on Shadow Ball for extra coverage and put on Choice Specs. I usually come in on something I can kill/something trapped by Umbreon, and then kill it. Then I usually switch out, just to end up dying later. Nonetheless, it is one kill.

Many people seem confused about Baton Pass. I come in on something that I think will switch out. I use Baton Pass to see what they will switch to. This helps me scout for Volt Absorb/Motor Drive/Arena Trap, and then I send in an appropriate counter. Using Baton Pass allows me to see what my opponent will switch to, and then I choose what I want to send in.

---

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/232 Atk/12 Def/12 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch
- Agility

He's pretty good at just countering lots of things for me. He can take most hits, and can OHKO often. Thunderpunch is for Skarmory, Gyarados, and most waters and flyers. EQ is obviously for non-levitating steels, rock, or electric types. Meteor Mash hits everything else, and it hits hard. I'm contemplating using CBGross instead of Agiligross. I really do like Agility though. I'd only switch to CBGross if for whatever reason I switch out the sweeper in the 6th spot. I stopped using Life Orb a while back, but I am thinking of testing it again, because I often feel like I need a bit more power.

---

Sceptile (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 28 HP/228 Def/252 Spd
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

I am a huge fan of Subseeders. If a team of them didn't sound like a horrible idea, I would make one. Sceptile being the fastest one just makes me warm on the inside. I bring him in on the switch or on the prediction of attacks like HPGrass, Grass Knot, Leech Seed, Protect, or anyone trying to set up at all. I Leech Seed first (assuming it's not a grass type, of course), and then usually take a decent hit. I'm now usually at somewhere between 50-70%. Then I use Substitute. They break the sub. Leech seed activates. Leftovers activates. If I have to, I switch out. If they switch out, I do the same thing to the next Pokemon. I like to pair this with something that can take Fire/Ice attacks. I choose Vaporeon.

---

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Wish
- Surf
- Ice Beam

For a while I ran Substitute/Baton Pass/Surf/Ice Beam. I found myself just plowing through teams with his massive 130 Base Special Attack, and not actually using Baton Pass, or even Substitute. I still think it's an option, but for now, I switched to the variant that is much more suited to my playing style. Wish support is great, especially with the loss of Umbreon.

---

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Avalanche
- Stealth Rock

He's new. Definitely still testing. I haven't tested much at all actually. He replaced the Umbreon that is seen below in my arsenal. I benefit from the Stealth Rock support. That is certainly is overall purpose. If he doesn't die then he actually isn't bad at killing things.

I am not attached to Rhyperior at all, yet. I may switch him for Gliscor, Hippowdon, or Donphan. It's really hard to choose. I feel like I really need a special wall on this team. I have been thinking maybe Togekiss, but I don't like that it is still weak to Boltbeam, despite it's high Special Defense.
---

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 HP/252 Atk/136 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I used to use Life Orb. I hated it. I could switch back if I felt like it would benefit me so greatly, but I don't think it will. The accuracy of Stone Edge is getting to me a bit, but I'm not sure if I want to diminish my power potential and switch to Rock Slide. If I switch this out for something else, like a sponge of some sort or a supporter, then I will probably slap a CB on Metagross so it can kill more things.
---

Recently Removed:

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/164 Spd/92 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Mean Look
- Baton Pass
- Taunt

Basically I come in on a Pokemon that I want to taunt or trap. Taunt . Mean Look. Wish if necessary. Baton Pass to a counter. Sometimes the Speed EV's actually mess me up a bit when Baton Passing. This set really does work wonders at times, but sometimes I feel that I should ditch Taunt for Payback and lower my speed, or ditch Baton Pass and Mean Look for Toxic/Protect/Yawn. Meh, I don't know.

-----------------

OK. That's my team. I change it around a lot, but this is what I have had the most success with so far, even though that amount of success is not very high. I am having trouble with Magnezone and Porygon2, so if you could address that, I would be content. Thanks!

Please be harsh, but kind. Thank you. .... how? 0.o

I don't really like umbreon as a lead, as from what I've heard most leads today are fast taunters. Since you don't have an attack move on it you're screwed. Probably good if you get a different lead.

Take out Jolteon. and Put in a Scarfchomp...
WishBliss pulls off that set better than Umbreon. Also. Take out Sceptile and put in Gengar.. I hope i helped...Could you rate my team?

[Url="http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1407249&posted=1#post1407249]Click[/url]

I would hate to assimilate and use Garchomp, Gengar, and Blissey, just because they are "better."
Wishbliss cannot learn the same set that my Umbreon has.

Umbreon has been working all right for me lately, actually.

Take out T-Tar it really doesn't help your team. Sandstorm is only resisted by two pokemon on your team and it messes up Leftovers.

Any ideas what I should replace him with? I'm not looking for like a specific Pokemon really, that I can do myself, but I need a certain kind of Pokemon. Should it be a supporter, sweeper, etc?

If your Jolteon doesn't pass the Sub often and you have someone else doing that job then you might want to change the moveset for Jolt. Not sure to what though, I've never used Jolt before

If I was going to use anyone to use stealth rock I would want to choose Hippowdon, but that would be a bad idea because of Sand Stream, as with Tyranitar. Not that it's a bad idea, but there are definitely better options. For now I will just replace Tyranitar with Salamence. Same DD potential and it gives me the little bit of EQ coverage that I am kind of lacking. I am assuming this to only be temporary.

Also, I don't quite understand how the SpecsJolt works. Can someone explain it to me. The set I would use is:

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
- Baton Pass
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

What is the point of BP there? The analysis explained it on the main site but I didn't really understand. I replaced it for now though, since I feel like it would really be a better option. Jolteon just isn't defensively oriented at all. The only way he survives is if I passed Acid Armor from Vaporeon, which my Vaporeon doesn't even have.

EDIT: I seem to have a Machamp and Electivire problem. I don't know if it is a strategical problem on my part, or if my team just cannot counter them at all. So, help in the department would be appreciated. :)

The set is meant to hit hard and hit fast. Baton Pass is there so you can switch to an appropriat counter or scouting.

And why wouldn't I just be able to physically switch to an appropriate counter, instead of Baton Passing? I can't BP after I attack.

So, I'm not very noobish in terms of... being a noob. I am kind of new to competitive battling though, and I need as much help as I can get. The team that follows was of course one that I used on Shoddy. I also would like to make teams ingame, so I could battle people outside of the simulator. I need to find the best team for me in order to do this... so, I need help making sure it is good before I make it in real life.

Please be critical.

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/164 Spd/92 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Mean Look
- Baton Pass
- Taunt / Dark Pulse??

All right. From my understanding, I need descriptions. I will do my best. You guys can probably figure out most things for yourself, as it all is mostly very straight foward.

I use him as a lead. Basically I come in on the opponents lead and taunt it if I feel it's got any kind of support move. Mean Look. Wish if necessary. Baton Pass to a counter. I'm not sure if I should get another starter, slap Dark Pulse on Umbreon instead of Taunt, and then use that on my team instead and take away the Speed EVs. Sometimes the Speed EV's actually mess me up a bit when Baton Passing. This set is really anti-lead, and it does work out that way pretty often, other than when the other lead has Taunt too.

Neat Lead, but beaware of Bulky Gara, who will laugh as he sets up on you. Umbreon's offense is poop so Dark Pulse won't help you all that much, I would leave taunt to stop all those Zong leads. Big canidate for replacement, really.

---
Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/232 Atk/12 Def/12 Spd
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch
- Agility

He's pretty good at just countering lots of things for me. He can take most hits, and can OHKO often. Thunderpunch is for Skarmory, Gyarados, and most other waters and flyers really. EQ is obviously for non-levitating steels, rock, or electric types. Meteor Mash hits everything else, and it hits hard. I'm contemplating using CBGross instead of Agiligross. I really do like Agility though. I'd only switch to CBGross if for whatever reason I switch out the sweeper in the 6th spot.

Agil gross is fine, but a CB gross will hit HARD and you could add another move, like the ghost/pyhchic killing pursuit.

---
Jolteon (M) @ Leftovers or Berry that raise ap.atk in a pinch (lol cant remeber the name)
- Baton Pass
-Subsitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I normally don't even get to use Baton Pass, though. I usually come in on something I can kill/something trapped by Umbreon, and then kill it. Then I usually switch out, just to end up dying later. Nonetheless, it is one kill.

I love the BP jolteon set, she can pass subs, spectile, vaporeon, even metagross would love getting a sub. In my experince the Sub set works better than the specs but thats up to you. All shadow ball is really good for is Gengar.

---
Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Surf
- Ice Beam

The last slot is always tough. Acid Armor is good but I always feel the second attack works well for me too. I have thought about HP Electric, but I feel like I'd rather have Ice Beam. Unlike Jolteon, I do end up actually passing subs sometimes on this set. Surf is great on this guy, and it does so much damage. I guess the Base 130 Sp.Atk is often overlooked. Other than that, he is a great tank.

My preferred Vapoeon is this:

Wish
Protect
Surf
Ice Beam of HP electirc (for Gyra)

She does an amazing job of tanking and annoying. You will pass wishes as much as subs probably, too.

---
Sceptile (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 28 HP/228 Def/252 Spd
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

I am a huge fan of Subseeders. If a team of them didn't sound like a horrible idea, I would make one. Sceptile being the fastest one just makes me warm on the inside. Not that I use this as a Blissey counter, but this thing really can take out most Blisseys. Obviously it kills Swampert. This is nice.

Pretty nice. no complaints here.
---

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I used to use Life Orb. I hated it. I could switch back if I felt like it would benefit me so greatly, but I don't think it will. The accuracy of Stone Edge is getting to me a bit, but I'm not sure if I want to diminish my power potential and switch to Rock Slide. If I switch this out for something else, like a sponge of some sort or a supporter, then I will probably slap a CB on Metagross so it can kill more things.

Lefites over life orb is fine. Wish support from vaporeon would help this guy, as would subs for DD set up.
---

OK. I have only been using Shoddy for a few days. I do win sometimes, but lose sometimes too. Rip it apart if you have to.
LOL everyone loses sometimes.

On the whole....

Lack of spinner or stealth rocks hurts a bit. Check out Donphan and Fortress, who can do both for you.

ScarfComp tears a pretty big hole in this team. I would consider replacing Umberon with a better defensive force or stronger lead. ScarfCross, too is a threat, and a lack of a hazer or phazer could let something (aka ninjask) to set up.

That's all I have right now.

It's my personal opinion that if you dont have sub Jolteon, you shoudnt have BP on it either.

Try this as your leader:

Jolteon w/ Leftovers
Timid
BP
Sub
Tbolt
Yawn
4 HP / 252 Spec Atk / 252 Speed

Set up a sub, yawn, and pass to Umbreon who can, in theoryk, Wish, ML, and pass back to Jolteon to gets the heal.

Or you could set up sub, pass to Umbreon who gets in a taunt, and pass back to something else.

The problem is that Umbreon isnt a perfect leader, and Taunt works best on a leader. Try putting in Toxic instead. That could end up nicely with mean look.
Sweep wise, jolteon works nice as the emo set.

Well there has to be a reason why people put Sub on ScpecsJolt, I just really don't understand it.
I can't find a reason. Sub is useful on other Jolteon sets only.

Dugtrio and Electrivire are the reason I don't like SpecsJolt, as they easily shut her down if played right.

Well if Jolteon already uses another move then it can't use Baton Pass. The only way I could BP out of Dugtrio would be if I didn't attack yet, which would mean I switched in, which would mean I'm stupid.

change either salamence or jolteon to your lead, umbreon is to slow and can be taunted by gyrados if you dont run dark pulse on it.

Well if Jolteon already uses another move then it can't use Baton Pass. The only way I could BP out of Dugtrio would be if I didn't attack yet, which would mean I switched in, which would mean I'm stupid.
or jolteon is your lead and he has a dugtrio as his...there is also the chance that an explosion will cause both to die and they will get sint in at same time. in which case it is again useful.

Okay. I think I'm going to make Jolteon my lead. If I do that, then should I change the set that Umbreon has, or should I just leave it the way it is? Like should I get rid of Taunt for Payback/Toxic?

Dark Pulse
Toxic
Wish
?

Would something like that be good?

Okay. I think I'm going to make Jolteon my lead. If I do that, then should I change the set that Umbreon has, or should I just leave it the way it is? Like should I get rid of Taunt for Payback/Toxic?

Dark Pulse
Toxic
Wish
?

Would something like that be good?
i dont use umbreon so i have no advice on him/her just check smogon analysis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)