Please help me help my friend. Minimal exp with 5th gen metagame

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Definitely use Adamant over Jolly on Excadrill. Jolly Balloon does not hit hard enough and it's already really, rally fast.

Definitely use Adamant over Jolly on Excadrill. Jolly Balloon does not hit hard enough and it's already really, rally fast.
Thanks for pointing that out. I actually had already switched him over but forgot to make the adjustments. I had originally had him jolly to outspeed other adamant Excradrills but adamant is better overall.

eah that set on loom if u wanna go with him. i tried for about 3 posts to change u to adamant, and detroitlolcat changed ur mind in 1 :( keep that same set on ttar, its the best. takes on every other weather inducing poke there is.
wat is that set on gengar? he needs max speed or loses his main niche.

eah that set on loom if u wanna go with him. i tried for about 3 posts to change u to adamant, and detroitlolcat changed ur mind in 1 :( keep that same set on ttar, its the best. takes on every other weather inducing poke there is.
wat is that set on gengar? he needs max speed or loses his main niche.
He didn't change my mind about adamant, he just reminded me to change it in the post. i had been running adamant right after you told me just forgot to update on the post. That EV spread was suggested to me for gengar, so what would you suggest? do you have a good set for virizion? i wanna test him out too.

The reason your supposed to run Jolly is to outrun other Adamant Excadrill's...
That's why i used to run it. But i got tired of some pokes surviving with a sliver of health so i switched to adamant and haven't looked back. Now it's a 50/50 shot if i hit first (and i've run into A LOT of excradrills not running Air Ballon lol so that's a OHKO for me) and it's just the jollys i have to worry about. But if they're running air ballon i usually switch out anyways. Still need assistance with the virizon set if you have one?

Virizion @ Leftovers
Ev's: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Nature: Timid
~ Calm Mind
~ Giga Drain
~ Focus Blast
~ Hidden Power (Ice)

Virizion @ Leftovers
Ev's: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
~ Swords Dance
~ Close Combat
~ Stone Edge
~ Hidden Power (Ice) <So that Gliscor doesn't wreck you

Virizion @ Leftovers
Ev's: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Nature: Timid
~ Calm Mind
~ Giga Drain
~ Focus Blast
~ Hidden Power (Ice)

Virizion @ Leftovers
Ev's: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
~ Swords Dance
~ Close Combat
~ Stone Edge
~ Hidden Power (Ice) <So that Gliscor doesn't wreck you
Since i'm having such problems with bulky waters i think i'm gonna go with the first set. Thank you very much! i'll test it out right now and get back to you on how it works.

EDIT: I only had time for a few quick battles, but that Virizion is a monster. He hits like a truck, the only thing i'm not liking is losing my gengar since i used him to absorb any fighting attacks/fake out from my opponent's lead. But i'm 99% sure this guy will still work out nicely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)