ORAS OU Please rate my balanced pokemon team. :)

Thundurus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus is great for competitive use in my experiences. Thunder wave helps out with speed boost baton passers and sweepers that start to give you trouble. Using taunt in this set lets you bring this guy out as your lead if you notice something that might try to set up. And with the ability prankster, both of these moves get priority which is useful. Thunderbolt for STAB and your main attack move, and the hidden power ice is good for coverage. Sash lets you stay in there for one extra turn for whatever you feel like doing.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Lax Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Tyranitar is your physically defensive asset that can be incredibly useful in certain situations. He's also your go to stealth rocks guy to make sure that the opponent doesn't get too comfortable with those switches. Earthquake is self explanatory, since pretty much everybody knows how great of a move it is. Crunch is for extra coverage, and fire blast is great if you want to catch your opponent totally off guard. (Also gives some more coverage now that I think about it.) Leftovers with the sand stream ability lets you wear down your opponent a little bit which is nice.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

With max special attack and speed with draco meteor and the bolt beam combo, this thing is undeniably a monster. Life orb gives you more power for your opponent to cry about and levitate is the only ability this thing is allowed to have, otherwise it might be hanging out in ubers. In this team, latios will get rid of entry hazards for you with defog, but since it removes ALL entry hazards on the field, be careful when you use it.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Toxic
- Protect
- Slack Off

I forgot to mention just how much I love stallers like these. That is, when they're fighting for me. Like most stallers, this bundle of joy has leftovers for its held item. Additionally, thanks to the ability regenerator, whenever you switch this guy out you get a little health bonus! But we're not done yet! Since you can never have to much health in a pokemon battle, I gave this guy slack off. Now it can heal 50% of his health whenever it feels like. But of course we need to be able to damage the opponent, so we'll use toxic for that. And since we got toxic with leftovers, why not use protect? No brainer right? Then to top it all off, we got calm mind so we can boost our special def whenever we got spare time.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Bisharp is absolutely exceptional at totally annihilating your opponent. With swords dance and life orb, you can get this guy's attack stat to over 1000 in a few turns. Sucker punch gives you that priority, knock off deals great damage while tossing your opponent's held item into the local trash dump. And iron head is for those stupid fairies who always try to wall us.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost

Charizard Y remains as one of the best wall breakers and megas in the OU tier. With Drought, he summons sunny day to boost your flamethrowers and let you use solar beam in one turn. Dragon Pulse is for dragon type pokemon, and roost heals it up whenever it feels a little tired.

Recommend changes in Bold:

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Life Orb is a much better item on Thundurus than Focus Sash. It provides appreciated additional power so it can dent bulky mons and teams harder. For example, with a Life Orb, you can OHKO a defensive Garchomp with HP Ice, in which a Sash variant can't. As for Taunt, it's not the best of moves on Thundurus, it is more of a niche move that will be useful every now and then, but Focus Blast is much more consistent and useful in hitting stuff like Excadrill, Ferrothorn, and Heatran really hard.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Superpower
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Tyranitar is not the best of Pokemon to set up rocks, it is certainly a reliable one, but you will find yourself easily losing momentum especially against stuff such as Clefable and Manaphy where they use Tyranitar as setup bait. On the other hand, CB Tyranitar can be a very useful asset on your team, as it can really help your matchup vs. stall. The combination of CB Tar and Zard Y can wreck stall. The way to do it is by using CB Tar and pursuit trapping Chansey for a very good amount of health each time you have a chance. Band Tar also helps you pursuit Latios, Latias, and Heatran, all which really annoying Mega Zard Y.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost
- Surf / Psyshock

Latios has very good synergy with Zard Y and T-tar, as it helps check the likes of Keldeo really well. However, not running Roost is a horrible idea, because you really need the longevity to continually be able to check Keldeo. Also, Thunderbolt + Ice beam isn't the best coverage on Latios. Psyshock is a good STAB that hits fairies hard while Surf can hit Heatran and Tyranitar both which annoying Zard Y a lot.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature / Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

0 Speed Zard Y is pretty bad. Being outsped by Adamant Bisharp and even stuff like Gliscor with some speed EVs is really terrible. On the other hand, Max speed allows you to outspeed Jolly Bisharp, all kinds of Heatrans, and Mild max speed Kyurem-B. You can keep Modest nature, but Timid Nature can be used to outspeed all kinds of Kyurem-b and speed tie with stuff like Mega Gardevoir, Mega Medicham, and Manaphy. Finally, Dragon Pulse is a waster coverage, as most Garchomps are almost 2HKO'd by Modest Flamethrower except defensive ones which can't touch you anyways. Latios and Latias take Dragon Pulse easily and can outspeed and 2HKO with Psyshock so staying in is a bad idea anyways.

Finally, I want to recommend Landorus-T > Slowbro. Slowbro is a slow bulky mon which completely saps the momentum on your team. It has little to no synergy and you will find yourself more often than not either sacking stuff for Slowbro or sacking Slowbro straight up. Landorus-T on other hand provides Stealth Rocks, which is useful because it allows T-tar to carry Band. At the same time, it has access to U-turn which can net you a lot of momentum especially with Zard Y. Getting U-turn on stuff like Skarmory and Rotom-W will almost always allow Zard Y to get a kill. You can also carry a Yache berry to have a soft check vs. electric types such as Thundurus and Manectric.

Set:

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

✧✧✧Hi, Anime_Fan here✧✧✧

Great job on creating the team.
By the way, a few pointers about the team:
  • Your team's playstyle is all over the place.
  • Your sets are random and not effective.
I completely agree withProfessional2341's suggestions. I also recommend replacing Slowbro, it's moveset is arguably the worse and it's ineffective in practice. I recommend either changing Slowbro's moveset, or replacing the Pokemon entirely with Rapid Spin Excadrill. Latios can run Roost over Defog. Best of luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)