Please rate my first Battle Spot doubles and triples team

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Alright, I'll go through mon-by-mon again. Comments in blue.

Emboar @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spd
Nature: Adamant
IVs: (to be determined, gonna use event Emboar)
- Flame Charge / Fire Pledge
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
The main reason for this team! I have stone edge to hit talon flame. Wild Charge and Flare Blitz with it's HA makes Emboar hit really hard! Add Life Orb and lots a lot of damage! Now, usually I will start off though with Vensuaur using Grass Pledge and then I can move on into Emboar to use Fire Pledge and give my team a nice edge the rest of the game. No need for Stone Edge when you have Wild Charge to hit Talonflame. Besides, you're not going to have a chance to hit Talonflame unless it switches in for whatever reason - Brave Bird would just murder you. Replace Stone Edge for Superpower, as having a Fighting STAB is really nice and one of Emboar's main draws. Also, swap the Life Orb for a Choice Band as this maximises Emboar's power and means that the recoil problem won't be exacerbated by your Life Orb. Might not be quite as feasible to run a Pledge move or Flame Charge in that case but Choice Band is still Emboar's best option I think.

Mega Venusaur
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
Nature: Bold
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Protect
-Sleep Powder
I like Venusaur because he is so tanky and have two solid pokemon at the start is really nice. He isn't the fastest, but before he goes down he will be useful by putting major threats to sleep and leaving some damage. Giga drain helps him stay alive. Grass Pledge is in there to compliment Emboar. Not much to say here but I feel like Protect would help Venusaur's longevity a lot more than Synthesis. You could try to run the Pledge combo if you like though, I don't see it working too well however especially with the pair's extreme weakness to Flying.

Clefable @ Leftovers (physically defensive)
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Def/ 252 HP/ 4 Spd
IVs: 5 max (HP, Def, Sp. Def, Sp. Att, Speed)
-Moonlight
-Moon Blast
-Protect
-Icy Wind
Clefable has Moon Blast as STAB and to hurt dragon types. I have icy wind which nicely slow down my opponents along side Fire Pledge. Protect is there to block an incoming attack and to stall after I use wish. Moonlight is on there because with Fire Pledge it will get a nice boost. Leftovers adds some HP over time and helps my support keep on supporting. Keep this as is, it's fairly nice :) Maybe consider putting Follow Me somewhere as it's a fantastic move and it will help you out a lot.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This team will be used for battle spot doubles and triples. Notable threats are fire, ice, and bug types. So volcarona, heatran, and mamoswine are pokemon I need to look out for. I'm pretty new, so my titles for each Pokemon's role might be mixed up. I designed this team around an unova starter. That aside, my team helps support my unova startr by getting rid of it's threats.

Emboar @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spd
Nature: Adamant
- Flame Charge / Fire Pledge
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Stone Edge
The main reason for this team! I have stone edge to hit talon flame. Wild Charge and Flare Blitz with it's HA makes Emboar hit really hard! Add Life Orb and lots a lot of damage! Now, usually I will start off though with Vensuaur using Grass Pledge and then I can move on into Emboar to use Fire Pledge and give my team a nice edge the rest of the game.

Mega Venusaur
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Grass Pledge / Synthesis
-Sleep Powder
I like Venusaur because he is so tanky and have too solid pokemon at the start is really nice. He isn't the fastest, but before he goes down he will be useful by putting major threats to sleep and leaving some damage. Giga drain helps him stay alive. Grass Pledge is in there to compliment Emboar.
Two leads that are weak to Talonflame isn't going to work. The only reason that ProjectTitan313 was able to pull off the Pledge move combo was because he was using really fast Pokemon (ie: Char-Y, Chlorophyll Venu, Greninja), your leads are likely to be KOd before they can get it to work. I don't really like Fire+Grass Pledge anyway since it only provides 5 turns of chip damage anyway. Emboar's low speed + Flare Blitz + Reckless + Life Orb means that he probably won't last more than 1 turn anyway...

Also, why am I reading this:

When I told you this:

tl;dr: it may not seem important to you but I cannot stress enough how important breeding is. Everyone else that you'll play against aims for perfect Pokemon, and if you're not then you're putting yourself at a disadvantage from the start. If you need help breeding then PM me. Breeding is so easy this generation and you have all the resources available on this site, there's no excuse to be lazy about it.
Get that event Emboar and breed it. Put it with a Ditto in the daycare and you will pass Reckless to the offspring! It is not a good idea to play with average IVs.

Alright, gave my team hopefully the last revision on the first page. Also, I probably will be soft resetting alot to get the right nature and good IVs on Emboar. Luckily, when I was SRing on Serperior I noticed Adamant was common for me. I like the fact I can have an event Pokemon and a legendary on my team, so that's my say. I also realized I can teach super power to emboar via Move tutor. Since I decided to eliminate Amoongus and Venusaur as ideas and needed to fill my mega slot, I gave it to Audino. Hopefully in the next game more 5th gen mega evos will come out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)