• Speed

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • defense/Special defense

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Well, I had a good summary of my team written out and all the roles but my copmputer died on me :evan: so now I will just give the move set item Evs and all that.
Politoed Choice Scarf Modest Drizzle
Hydro Pump Focus Blast Psychic Blizzard
EVs: 252Speed 252 SpAtk 4Def
This guy is my weather putter-upper and he also has good coverage moves for a lead.

Tornadus Life Orb Prankster Timid
Hurricane Focus Blast Hidden Power-Ice Taunt (has prankster to use with priority)
EVs: 252SpAtk 252Speed 4HP
He is my hurrican rain abuser which rapes throught teams.

Conkeldurr Leftovers Careful Guts
Drain Punch Mach Punch Bulk Up Payback
EVs: 252HP 252SpDef 4 Atk
This guy is my physical sweepr and part of my core.
Latias Leftovers Timied Levitate
Thunder (because of rain) Dragon Pulse Recover Calm Mind
EVs: 252Speed 252HP 4SpAtk
My special sweeper and part of my core.
Electevire Motor Drive Choice Scarf Mild
Thunder (because of rain) Volt Switch (with speed[scarfed] this guy can also act as a scout) Ice Punch Earthquake
EVs:248Speed 188SpAtk 72Atk
Scout/Speed demon killed
Sabelye PRANKSTER Calm Leftovers
Will-O-Wisp Recover Taunt Night Shade
EVs: 252HP 88Def 168SpDef
He is my annoyer!

Overall this team is pretty offensive with some defensive stuff mixed in, my core of Latias and Conkeldurr really have nice synergy taking out other teams core and also some walls. My Politoed also helps with complimenting thunder wiht it's drizzle (obiviously. THe prankster Sabelye helps cripple threats like Dragonite by giving it a burn with will o wisp and preventing set-up with taunt. It can do this to all sweeps/set-up sweepers. It also walls ferrothorn with burn and taunt so this effect is clearly workable on walls. However, Sabelye is not my best part of the team, Electevire is. It can hit dragons or gliscor/landorus with ice bunch and all electrics, most steels, and rocks (some other pokes also) with its earthquake then on the special side it can scout with volt switch and damage foes badly with thunder! Together, this team is hopefully going to work out for me!
That is my team please share your opinion on it with me, good or bad...hopefully good

you'll need to add descriptions about what each pokemon's role is and what each pokemon does, or this will be locked

Lol, the nerve to even post this in the PO chat!

Read the rules, it needs more than just the team in horrible formating...

and sorry i am kinda new
Then I have 3 ideas for you:

1) Read the damn rules
2) don't double post,there's and edit button for that
2) look at a rate my team thread with at least 1 luvdisc next to it. You'll see what you did wrong
3) that's still not enough info, read ANY other rate my team and the rules...

Add some spacing between every pokemon line and its commentary , this gave me a headache to read :P

PokemonName @ Item
Ability:
Evs:
xxxxxx Nature ( stat+ , Stat - )
- Attack 1
- Attack 2
- Attack 3
- Attack 4

TEXT
TEXT
TEXT
TEXT

PokemonName @ Item
Ability:
Evs:
xxxxxx Nature ( stat+ , Stat - )
- Attack 1
- Attack 2
- Attack 3
- Attack 4

TEXT
TEXT
TEXT
TEXT

AS for the team itself, you have 2 scarf pokemon.
This isnt used much for some reason but it could work.
Yet i advise keeping the scarf on politoed only.
Why not on electivire anymore?
Because he has motordrive. When playing with a rain team you can be quite sure about when a thunder is coming your way , abuse this and get a choice band on the Electivire.
Why a choice band on electivire? Because you should change his moveset to this :
Cross Chop , Ice Punch , ThunderPunch , Earthquake
Then with a boost from choice band and a boost from motordrive this pokemon can do something.

As for your 'core' . Conkeldurr is a bulky pokemon , but using it as a defensive option might not be the best option. I suggest the most classical conkeldurr set wich has 128 hp 128 spdef and 252 attack. This because with the set you have conkeldurr isnt much of a threat when it just comes out and you need to set up. For example , there is an oponents offensive pokemon on the field , and you switch in.
If conkeldurr's mach punch isnt threathening , then they will most likely stay in to get a bunch of dammage off on you from the start. Where if you had the attack you would slay them before they touch you and you still remain bulky.

As for sableye , i suppose it could work but he remains at a shaby defensive power.
I believe most of todays sweepers can still 1 shoot it , wich makes it that much less scary. Ofcourse the will-o-wisp helps in this BUT , it can miss, and what is sableye gonna do to a special sweeper?

In fact , what is your whole team going to do on a special sweeper?
You have latias to take it IF it can resist it , and there it allready ends.
Talking about latias, i highly suggest getting Reflect over thunder , this makes latias a very very very annoying wall as his 'weakness' is completely wiped away with the reflect up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)