Gengar @ Leftovers
Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond
- Will-O-Wisp

Mostly happy with his moveset, but Destiny Bond is basically filler and I'd like suggestions for other options. Would having Hypnosis as well as Will-O-Wisp be overkill? Also, should he have Modest over Timid?

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Inner Focus
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Flying
- Focus Punch

Regular Dragon Dancing set, I think. Ideally, it's left until three layers of Spikes are down. It can actually take Skarmory if he Spikes instead of phazing, but it runs into problems with most other Flyers, especially Aerodactyl. Would Salamence fit this role better? Worse defenses, but better Atk...

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power Grass
- Thunderbolt
- Roar
- Substitute

A backup Roarer. I could swap Substitute for Thunder Wave, but I don't think it would be useful for anything except Jolteon, which isn't as common as Blissey. Ideas? And are the EVs okay, or should they be more defensive?

Heracross @ Leftovers
Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 152 Spd
Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Sleep Talk. It's easier to switch in than Dragonite and can take most neutral attacks at least once, but the 1/3 chance that Sleep Talk does nothing always sucks. Brick Break has better hit rate than Rock Slide and STAB, but is it worth it?

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 172 Spd
Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Roar

Not very interesting. It's very predictable, so if anyone has more original ideas which would work with the rest of the team, they would be appreciated.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 96 Atk / 28 Def / 144 Spd
Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power Bug
- Leech Seed
- Recover

Bug over Grass is to surprise enemy Celebis, I'd like some opinions on whether this would work in a normal battle or if it's just novelty. Other than that, it's about as interesting as Skarmory.

Counters:
Blissey - Heracross and hope for the best, or Dragonite if he can get a Focus Punch or two in.
Celebi - Heracross again if he's not carrying Psychic, Gengar or Dragonite can deal with him otherwise.
Gengar - Dragonite seems to work, but a lot of them carry Ice Punch which screws him over badly.
Gyarados - Zapdos can normally kill him, and has Roar if he doesn't carry Taunt.
Heracross - Skarmory works nicely. So does Dragonite if Skarmory dies.
Jirachi - Dragonite? I can honestly say I have no idea how to counter this guy.
Metagross - Dragonite's Earthquake, Skarmory or Zapdos with Roar if all else fails.
Milotic - Zapdos would work best.
Raikou - Dragonite KOs with Earthquake barring paralysis, but can't do much about Substitute.
Salamence - Gengar Ice Punch.
Skarmory - Zapdos or Gengar kill him if he doesn't switch out.
Snorlax - Skarmory soaks up his attacks and Heracross can take him out, but it's harder without Brick Break.
Starmie - Zapdos survives one Ice Beam and KOs back, with any luck.
Suicune - Zapdos, but again it can't take more than one Ice Beam.
Swampert - Zapdos. Celebi would be better, but I can't fit Hidden Power Grass onto it.
Tyranitar - Dragonite out-DDs him and Earthquake is a 2HKO without any boosts.
Zapdos - Heracross sort of works if he doesn't have Drill Peck. If he does, Gengar.

Right now, this team really suffers against Choice Banders, Flyers, and stuff that can't be phazed like Ingrained Baton Passers or Curselax as a final poke. Suggestions that might help with these, along with anything mentioned above, are all very welcome. So... bash away!

If you don't like DB on Gar, you can try: Explosion, Hypnosis, subpunch (over DB and WoW), etc, etc. I do prefer Hypnosis over WoW in general, but you can use both too. Nature is fine, as long as you don't have Explosion/FP. If you do, use Hasty.

Well, if you're just looking for a sweeper in Nite's place, I guess CBmence/DDmence work well enough. You can also try Thunder over FB on Nite, to take on Skarm and bulky waters except Pert better, something most Mences can't do.

I would just use a RT set on Zappy, as your current set doesn't do much. I like RTzappy to have Max HP, Calm nature, a little speed (depends on your preference), and the rest split between sp atk and def/sdef.

If you make zappy your RTer, then you can go with a more offensive Hera set. imo Mopcross and CBhera work best.

Skarm may be boring, but he sure as hell is solid. I prefer subskarm (max HP, around 400 def, some spd, rest in attack) above all others, but that's just me. If you really must ditch him though, you can try Jirachi, who is also defensive, and can support the team with Wish, and clean late game with a few CMs.

I would really use Lax/Regice over Celebi here, as you need something to take special hits (you would have RTzappy for status).

Your team lacks a bulky water atm (preferable Pert for Tar) so (assuming you take my advice) you can:

-ditch RTzappy for Pert and use blissey over Lax/Regice
-ditch zappy (w/ any set) for Pert and use RTlax/ice
-ditch hera/gar for Pert

CBers can be dealt with using Skarm/Pert/Zappy depending on their move which you should predict. Flyers in general can be taken with Zappy, if it's mence and co, or whatnot, use Pert/Skarm.

As soon as the enemy brings out their last poke curse lax, you can (depending on what you use) bring out gar (assuming they curse/return instead of SB) and explosion immediately. Then bring out Nite for the KO. Of course, if most of your pokes are dead, then you lose, but then again that goes for most teams up against lp curselax =P

Give Skarm ~407 Def imo. It'll help with the Choice Banders.

Also, File-->Export to Text saves you time.

1. If are you gonna use Dragon Dance, drop the focus punch, it does decent damage to Skarmory, so does Thunder. You might even swap it for a another move for better sweeping powers.
2. Whirl/HP > Roar/Drill always.
3. If you are gonna use a fast Zapdos; use 252 since you already have 244.
4. Skarmory needs max HP and almost full defense, drop speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)