Tyrano

Sceptile@ Petaya Berry
Timid
EVs: 252SpAtk, 252Spd
- Leaf Blade
- Substitute
- Hidden Power Ice
- Leech Seed

Standard Scep. Sub, Leech, Stall/Sweep. Very easy to understand.

Gyarados@ Lum Berry
Adamant
EVs: 252Atk, 252Spd
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power Flying
- Taunt

DDdos. Taunt foes trying to status or whatever. HP Flying hits everything EQ doesn't.

Starmie@ Petaya Berry
Timid
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Standard Starmie. Just attack, hopefully petaya gets to activate, kick even more ass.

Snorlax@ Chesto Berry
Brave
EVs: 252HP, 252SpDef
- Return
- Curse
- Shadowball
- Rest

I know that i should be using Leftovers, but i dont want my opponent to switch to a Heracross or something while im sleeping. Would using Sleep Talk fix this problem?

Dugtrio@ Choice Band
Adamant
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power Bug
- Aerial Ace

Blissey killer.

Flygon@ Leftovers
Adamant
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Bug
- Rock Slide

EQ for STAB. Fire Blast for Forry, Skarm, Gross, and Scizor. HP Bug for celebi. Rock Slide for another attacking move.

I know that my team has lots of weaknesses, which is what I am trying to fix. Don't be afraid to be harsh.
:pimp:

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sceptile@ Petaya Berry
Timid
- Leaf Blade
- Substitute
- Hidden Power Ice
- Leech Seed

Standard Scep. Sub, Leech, Stall/Sweep. Very easy to understand.

If you want to run Petaya, used Endeavor over Leech Seed (in which case you can also use Shell Bell). Otherwise, you want Leftovers for running Leech Seed. Using Leech Seed can interrupt your Petaya Activation. Also, if you choose Petaya, note that your IVs should be set so that your HP is divisible by 4.

Gyarados@ Lum Berry
Adamant
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power Flying
- Taunt

DDdos. Taunt foes trying to status or whatever. HP Flying hits everything EQ doesn't.

Without Leftovers, Gyarados can't take the Hera hits that it needs to bite for the team. Otherwise you'll end up sacrificing someone, and as sweeperish as this team is, that doesn't seem like a great option. Also consider spreading your EVs so you have more HP and maybe even some Defense if you like that.

Starmie@ Petaya Berry
Timid
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Standard Starmie. Just attack, hopefully petaya gets to activate, kick even more ass.

Recover over Psychic. Seeing as It's still getting walled by Blissey and Snorlax, it's better to use it as a utility with Recover and Rapid Spin, but do what you do.

Snorlax@ Chesto Berry
Brave
EVs: 252HP, 252SpDef
- Return
- Curse
- Shadowball
- Rest

I know that i should be using Leftovers, but i dont want my opponent to switch to a Heracross or something while im sleeping. Would using Sleep Talk fix this problem?

If you played your cards right, you shouldn't have had to switch Snorlax out anyway, unless you're low on Curses. Against a good player, Chesto Berry only delays the inevitable that someone is going to be switching while you're Resting for two turns. aka, use Leftovers. Careful > Brave. Even though it's Snorlax, there's no need to lower it's Speed unless it's using Fire Blast.

Dugtrio@ Choice Band
Adamant
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power Bug
- Aerial Ace

Blissey killer.

Just don't switch in on an Ice Beam and it is.

Flygon@ Leftovers
Adamant
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Bug
- Rock Slide

EQ for STAB. Fire Blast for Forry, Skarm, Gross, and Scizor. HP Bug for celebi. Rock Slide for another attacking move.

You might as well be using Choice Band on this. Come to think of it, you might as well be using Dugtrio. Wait...

I know that my team has lots of weaknesses, which is what I am trying to fix. Don't be afraid to be harsh.
:pimp:

Standard teams carry a physical wall, a special wall, and a bulky water. All those together can stop this team in it's tracks, since it's main purpose is to try and sweep. If you aim to do that, I would definitely suggest Endeavor on Sceptile, because, as told to me by a friend once, once Sceptile goes through a special wall with Endeavor, not too many things can stop a Starmie, especially with Petaya. If you're looking for your team to be a little more solid, you might try Magneton in either Flygon or Dugtrio's slot, so Snorlax and Gyarados will have fewer problems. Be careful switching into Zapdos and Raikou.

Tyrano

thanks

Thanks a lot man. This is really going to help out my team. Im switching out Flygon for Magneton, so that I still have a solid Blissey counter (Duggy). I changed the nature of Snorlax, added recover over psychic for Starmie, and put some EVs into Def and HP for Gyarados. Gyarados is actually taking on Hera quite well cuz of Intimidate. Megahorn does not even do a lot of damage. I want to keep the Leech Seed on Sceptile though for more of a defensive part, so im giving it Lefties. Does that mean his HP should be divisible by 16? And what would be a good moveset and EV spread for Magneton?

I am not so sure about posting this reply about magneton, but here goes anyway.

Nature: Rash

EV spread:
hp: 36
def: 96
speed: 124
spatk: 252

?zap cannon?
?lock on?
thunderbolt
reflect

@ leftovers

(?"insert move here"? = unsure about move)

You might want to put rest and sleep talk in place of lock on and zap cannon. Rest with sleep talk is risky, as Magneton isn't much of a base wall for defence or special defence, which means it gets kinda beat up when it wakes up and has to rest again!

another moveset:

same nature, EV spread, and item.

thunderbolt
metal sound
reflect
?toxic?

metal sound any thing slow so it doesn't have a chance to attack you when you use thunderbolt on it next turn. Reflect up when you have the chance.
toxic is just there to put some walls in both spdef and def out of action without having to metal sound them. (Yes, I do know that metal sound only decrease spdef but toxic is OK anyway.)

I don't really use Magneton, so I wouldn't know much about it. If you are having Magneton, just watch out for a Choice Band high attacker with brick break, like Salamence.

Also, that is a good idea for Blissey, a Choice Banding Salamence with full attack EVs and Adamant nature, maybe some HP and speed EVs. That is like my blissey counter. Oh and of course some leftovers.

Yeah, I am afraid for your Dugtrio as it doesn't get much HP and a common move for Blissey is ice beam. Just make sure (if you decide to use the Choice Banding Salamence with brick break) that Salamence has 180 speed EVs, 252 attack EVs, and 76 hp EVs. Other moves for Salamence are your choice. Oh and by the way, if you wenmt for the 180 speed EVs for him, Salamence is fast enough to outrun Blissey even if Blissey is given full speed EVs and a speed boosting nature.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
I am not so sure about posting this reply about magneton, but here goes anyway.

Nature: Rash

EV spread:
hp: 36
def: 96
speed: 124
spatk: 252

?zap cannon?
?lock on?
thunderbolt
reflect

@ leftovers

(?"insert move here"? = unsure about move)

You might want to put rest and sleep talk in place of lock on and zap cannon. Rest with sleep talk is risky, as Magneton isn't much of a base wall for defence or special defence, which means it gets kinda beat up when it wakes up and has to rest again!

No. Rash is pointless. Use Modest.

another moveset:

same nature, EV spread, and item.

thunderbolt
metal sound
reflect
?toxic?

metal sound any thing slow so it doesn't have a chance to attack you when you use thunderbolt on it next turn. Reflect up when you have the chance.
toxic is just there to put some walls in both spdef and def out of action without having to metal sound them. (Yes, I do know that metal sound only decrease spdef but toxic is OK anyway.)

HP Fire over Toxic, and Substitute over either Reflect or Metal Sound

I don't really use Magneton, so I wouldn't know much about it. If you are having Magneton, just watch out for a Choice Band high attacker with brick break, like Salamence.

Except Brick Break without STAB sucks, and people should learn that.

Also, that is a good idea for Blissey, a Choice Banding Salamence with full attack EVs and Adamant nature, maybe some HP and speed EVs. That is like my blissey counter. Oh and of course some leftovers.

A counter would imply that the Pokemon can safely switch in the majority of the time and force a switch. Salamence has to come in on a Blissey Ice Beam or Seismic Toss, and either get met with Thunder Wave (which basically nulls the usefulness of CBMence) or Ice Beam (KO).

Yeah, I am afraid for your Dugtrio as it doesn't get much HP and a common move for Blissey is ice beam. Just make sure (if you decide to use the Choice Banding Salamence with brick break) that Salamence has 180 speed EVs, 252 attack EVs, and 76 hp EVs. Other moves for Salamence are your choice. Oh and by the way, if you wenmt for the 180 speed EVs for him, Salamence is fast enough to outrun Blissey even if Blissey is given full speed EVs and a speed boosting nature.

20 EVs in Duggie's HP or 44 EVs in SDef help it fend off Ice Beams better. Adamant Duggie will 2HKO Blissey, so just make sure to predict it coming in.
Magneton @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave / Reflect / Metal Sound

EVs mostly in SAtk, put enough in Speed to outrun certain things, rest can go into HP or even SDef if you like that. If your team really hates Swampert, you can try HP Grass over Fire, or if you like trying to predict Salamence, you can try HP Ice, though I don't recommend that latter. Toxic is available in the 4th slot, since Maggie can kill the steel types that are immune to it, but the ohter three options are infinitely better IMO.

been using this maggy for a while now,

Magneton @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 144 HP / 152 Spd / 212 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power fire/ice/gras etc...
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

outstalls bliss and makes a decent gar counter.

Tyrano

Thank you all. I'm gonna go with:

Magneton@ Leftovers
EVs: 144 HP / 152 Spd / 212 SpAtk
Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Hidden Power Ice
- Thunder Wave

T-Bolt for STAB, HP Ice for grasses and Salamence. T-Wave is to stop sweepers in their tracks, and Sub is to block statuses and stuff. Should I put Swampert in over any of my guys, and what guy should that be? Synchronize said that good teams have a physical wall, special wall, and a bulky water. Swampert is pretty much all of these.

now that you have magtrio theres no use for flygon. and you might as well replace starmie with destiny bond gengar for killing dos so your gyra can sweep freely. cursepert is not a bad idea if your going to use dbgar (seeing how stalkdos counters pert 99% of the time) so yeah,
pert over flygon,
dbgar over starmie if you want.

Tyrano

I already put Magneton over Flygon but I will put in Gengar over Starmie. I've always liked Gengar more but Starmie has more type coverage and higher defenses. Starmie can also learn Rapid Spin and Recover but Gengar avoids EQ and can take down a foe when he is about to die. Gengar also learns substitute. So for the Gengar set:

Gengar @ Petaya Berry
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
EVs: 176 SpAtk, 80 Def, 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Ice Punch
- Destiny Bond

I think giving it 80 defensive EVs allows it to survive MM from Metagross and other types of attacks. T-Bolt and Ice punch are obvious, i can sub to low HP to activate Petaya or just sub to avoid statuses. Use Destiny Bond when about to die. I really think that I will have problems with Jolteon so I want to put in Swampert, but over who?

magneton traps pokemon like skarm and forry while duggy catches celebi meta and the likes, so why would you need flygon? so like i said above pert over flygon.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 172 HP / 44 Def / 192 Spd / 100 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt

this gar survives a +1 hp fly from pokes like sala / gyra and it outspeeds 100basespeed pokes.

btw pert dont counter jolt unless it has hp ice.

Tyrano

MAGNETON HAS ALREADY REPLACED FLYGON, THEREFORE SWAMPERT CANNOT REPLACE FLYGON!!! SWAMPERT NEEDS TO REPLACE A DIFFERENT POKEMON, SO WHICH ONE!!! Sorry bout the yelling, but i have already said that magneton has replaced flygon. To make things more clear, here is my current team:

- Sceptile
- Gyarados
- Snorlax
- Dugtrio
- Magneton
- Gengar

Do you see now? And BTW, Jolteon rarely carries HP Grass. Almost every single Jolteon I have seen, has carried HP Ice cuz HP Grass leaves Jolteon too open. Sorry but I don't really like that Gengar cuz I want my Gengar to be able to do a lot of damage. That Gengar you have there is kind of a defensive Gengar so can you please give me a different one, if mine is not good enough?

Tyrano

I like to run Adamant. Anything that Duggy was meant to kill, he is faster than, such as Blissey, TTar, Gross, and Celebi. You are right though. If i do face Raikou (which i have not been seeing a lot of lately) I guess i'll just have to switch it out. The same exact thing happens from Jolteon anyways, even if i have Jolly Dugtrio. So NO jolly Dugtrio everyone.

Tyrano

I hope your being sarcastic. I don't remember the last time i saw Jolteon with HP Grass.

the majority of jolteon and zapdos have hp grass to off swampert. hp ice doesnt do much damage to pert, and STAB thunderbolt to mence does ~30%. teams with lots of pert coverage / dragon weaks can use hp ice with success, so its not nonexistant, but hp grass is still the more common choice.

Tyrano

WTF. I asked for your guys advice, not to gang up on me and bash me. Jesus Christ. You guys must be playing a different netbattle than me cuz i was just on netbattle and i faced a couple guys with HP ICE JOLTEON!!!! I'll agree that Zapdos has HP Grass pretty much every time but that is because it does not get hit by EQ. And the team does work asshole (cruislax). I've already tested it.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
WTF. I asked for your guys advice, not to gang up on me and bash me. Jesus Christ. You guys must be playing a different netbattle than me cuz i was just on netbattle and i faced a couple guys with HP ICE JOLTEON!!!! I'll agree that Zapdos has HP Grass pretty much every time but that is because it does not get hit by EQ. And the team does work asshole (cruislax). I've already tested it.
Too bad we never ganged up on you.

Zapdos has HP Grass every time so that Swampert doesn't Ice Beam it to death. If you've faced more HP Ice Jolteons than others, it's not hard to counter at all. Just use Cursepert over Dugtrio. Blissey isn't really preventing you from doing anything, and Magneton isn't trapping anything except your Magneton, so unless you have an Explosion Gengar, Duggie is only really trapping and killing Celebi, in which you can use other things to get around. (SubEndeavor Sceptile, Metal Sound Magneton, Curse up a few times with Snorlax, Dragon Dance up with Gyarados, etc.)

As for what cruiselax said, sure it, can work. It's a team. It's being thought out to a rational extent. But since we actually take teams into consideration vs good or "higher tier" players, we look at what the team can and can't do. For example, your team has no staying power. It's basically based off an attempt to sweep, with only Magneton attempting to clear the way for Gyarados and Snorlax. That just means Zapdos, Metagross, Tyranitar and various respectable counters are still out there.

I'll say it now, the only thing stopping a Sleep Talk Zapdos is Snorlax. Even Sceptile takes too much damage here, and risks getting paralyzed. Gengar can boast an Ice Punch, sure, but is it really trying to come in on Thunderbolt? a Gengar + Tyranitar/Metagross problem is apparent as well. With most Snorlaxes carrying Earthquake, Gengar comes in as the usual counter to Snorlax, but yours is carrying Shadow Ball. That just makes it CBMetagross/Tyranitar bait. Dugtrio? Rock Slide doesn't OHKO, and having to rely on a flinch just makes you looked down upon.

That said, there are many situations that counter what I've just said, and still more to counter those counters. I've merely plotted out the general; It's still going to be up to how both you and your opponent play, but the one thing that I know this team will have trouble with is stall. Even if one set of spikes are lain down, your team can still be bogged down by how easily you are forced to switch. This becomes more apparent as status and Sand Stream comes into play. You don't even have a phazer that legitimately stops Salamence after it starts Dragon Dance.

Oh, yeah, Salamence can sweep the team easily, btw.

But yeah, staying power. Team needs more of it.

Tyrano

Too bad we never ganged up on you.

Zapdos has HP Grass every time so that Swampert doesn't Ice Beam it to death. If you've faced more HP Ice Jolteons than others, it's not hard to counter at all. Just use Cursepert over Dugtrio. Blissey isn't really preventing you from doing anything, and Magneton isn't trapping anything except your Magneton, so unless you have an Explosion Gengar, Duggie is only really trapping and killing Celebi, in which you can use other things to get around. (SubEndeavor Sceptile, Metal Sound Magneton, Curse up a few times with Snorlax, Dragon Dance up with Gyarados, etc.)

As for what cruiselax said, sure it, can work. It's a team. It's being thought out to a rational extent. But since we actually take teams into consideration vs good or "higher tier" players, we look at what the team can and can't do. For example, your team has no staying power. It's basically based off an attempt to sweep, with only Magneton attempting to clear the way for Gyarados and Snorlax. That just means Zapdos, Metagross, Tyranitar and various respectable counters are still out there.

I'll say it now, the only thing stopping a Sleep Talk Zapdos is Snorlax. Even Sceptile takes too much damage here, and risks getting paralyzed. Gengar can boast an Ice Punch, sure, but is it really trying to come in on Thunderbolt? a Gengar + Tyranitar/Metagross problem is apparent as well. With most Snorlaxes carrying Earthquake, Gengar comes in as the usual counter to Snorlax, but yours is carrying Shadow Ball. That just makes it CBMetagross/Tyranitar bait. Dugtrio? Rock Slide doesn't OHKO, and having to rely on a flinch just makes you looked down upon.

That said, there are many situations that counter what I've just said, and still more to counter those counters. I've merely plotted out the general; It's still going to be up to how both you and your opponent play, but the one thing that I know this team will have trouble with is stall. Even if one set of spikes are lain down, your team can still be bogged down by how easily you are forced to switch. This becomes more apparent as status and Sand Stream comes into play. You don't even have a phazer that legitimately stops Salamence after it starts Dragon Dance.

Oh, yeah, Salamence can sweep the team easily, btw.

But yeah, staying power. Team needs more of it.
I don't have staying power? I have Curselax and my Gyarados can take hits pretty well. And that is another reason why I want to add Swampert. Duggy easily takes out Tyranitar and Metagross, and even before that, Sceptile can take them on. Leafblade OHKOs Tyranitar, and since EQ and MM hit " Not very effective" on Sceptile, I can just Leech Seed stall and stuff. Sceptile also takes out Salamence with HP Ice and I have Gengar for him too. I've done this all before. Like you said, Snorlax can take on Zapdos. I'll also add Rapid Spin over Recover on Starmie, to solve the Spikes problem. Maybe I'll even replace T-Bolt with Recover, to have both. I know that my team has problems. That is why I am here. No team can counter every single situation out there, any team will always be beat by another. So please stop saying everything that is wrong with my team. You have given great advice so far, and if all your gonna do is nag about my weaknesses, just don't post anything at all.

Edit: Crap, I just realized that i replaced Starmie with Gengar......

I'll do the 1 2 3 shit just to make it more simple for you.

1.leafblade dont ohko tar and grass dont resist steel.
2.ddmence out speeds sceptile after one dd. even if sceptile does
outspeeds a mence it wont ohko it with hp ice.

Tyrano

Where is the #3 dumbass.

1. Even if Sceptile does not resist MM, I can still take out Gross with Duggy or even Curselax, especially if i Leech Gross and then switch to Lax. BTW, it does OHKO TTar.
2. What the hell is your point? It's not like im gonna switch Sceptile into a DDMence.
3. Sceptile DOES OHKO Salamence. Duh.

That is how you make things more simple for a retard like you.

i like how you call me a retard when youre the one asking for help. and scetile dont ohko mence, check again.

edit: that team a piece of shit just like you. :D

Tyrano

I asked help for a test team. A team ive never used before. I did check you idiot. Your the one that needs to check again. Wow im so hurt that you called me a piece of shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)