Please rate my team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What should I change?

• Redo the team

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • change the movesets

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • change the items

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've just changed my team, if you want to see the original team here you go: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3464227.

Zapdos item: sitrus berry
ability: pressure
nature: modest
evs:4 hp, 252 sp. atk, 252 spd
moves:
thunderbolt
tailwind
heat wave
protect​

I chose Zapdos because my team needs a tailwind user and that is when I thought Zapdos. With heat wave, I finally destroy those annoying ferrothorns and abomasnows! Thunderbolt is just for STAB. Tailwind is to counter other tailwind teams. With sitrus berry, he can survive a little longer.

Metagross item: occa berry
ability: clear body
nature: naughty
ev: 72 hp, 252 atk, 84 def, 80 sp. def, 20 spd
moves:
bullet punch
meteor mash
earthquake
protect​

Metagross was used to counter both abomasnow and latios. With earthquake, eliminate threats that is weak to it and other metagross. Bullet punch lets take care of pokemon that is at low hp. Meteor mash is just STAB.

Cresselia item: chesto berry
ability: levitate
nature: bold
evs: 244 hp,160 def, 12 sp. atk, 92 sp. def
moves:
rest
thunder wave
psychic
icy wind​

I have chose cress because she is good bulky support pokemon. Rest is to heal the status moves, while chesto berry will wake her up. Thunder wave is to paralyze pokemon to take the advantage of speed. Icy wind would slow down the speed of a/both pokemon if it hits. Psychic is just for STAB.

Latios item: dragon gem
ability: levitate
nature: timid
evs: 4 hp, 252 sp. atk, 252 spd
moves:
draco meteor
substitute
psychic
protect​

Latios is one of my special sweeper. With dragon gem, draco meteor is extremely powerful, especially for dragon pokemon. Latios is the second fastest of my team (thundurus is faster). I chose Latios is because his sp. atk and spd are really good. Plus, he is mostly used in the metagame. Substitute is just to protect from other threat attacks, such as sucker punch.

Terrakion item: focus sash
ability: justice
nature: jolly
evs: 4 hp, 252 sp. atk, 252 spd
moves:
close combat
rock slide
quick attack
quick guard​

I have chose terrakion because of it's great speed and attack. He is my psychical sweeper. With focus sash, he can survive an attack that might ohko him. Close combat is used to defeat those annoying ice, such as abomasnow. Rock slide is used to defeat main threats such chandelure. Quick attack would be a nice surprise to some people. Quick guard is used to block fake out and other first priority attacks.

Garchomp item: yache berry
ability: sand veil
nature: jolly
evs: 4 hp, 252 atk, 252 spd
moves:
dragon claw
rock slide
protect
earthquake​

Garchomp is just use to defeat other draogon threats (except latios becuase of his speed). Yache berry, you all know, it weakens the damage of ice types. With his jolly nature, he is at maximum speed and can out speed most pokemon.

Is this better?! Changes are Timid zapdos, bold cresselia, timid latios, jolly garchomp (stronger and faster), and timid jolly terrakion.

i thought Thundurus was banned from VGC? If I am wrong I need to take out my Zaptos and put back my Thundurus in my team lol.

You could of just edited your original and then bumped it for updates.
Also, Thundurus is not banned from VGC just banned from OU.
And also please expand descriptions and add natures.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i thought Thundurus was banned from VGC? If I am wrong I need to take out my Zaptos and put back my Thundurus in my team lol.
Why would Thundurus be banned from VGC? You must be thinking of OU where they ban stuff for looking too scary :P

As for the team itself, your post needs to be fixed up a bit. The descriptions should be more detailed, and you need to list the natures.

Why would Thundurus be banned from VGC? You must be thinking of OU where they ban stuff for looking too scary :P

As for the team itself, your post needs to be fixed up a bit. The descriptions should be more detailed, and you need to list the natures.
ic well time to put him back in my VGC team lol... a friend told me he got banned lol x.x

Descriptions still need to be longer. Every nature you have at the moment is remarkably unfavorable, you need to run something that lowers a stat you won't be using at all, or speed if it is a TR pokemon. The only things that break this rule are mixed attackers, which is none of these unless the movesets were completely reworked. There are 3 weaknesses to both Ice and Rock, you do have good counters to both types but it is still an issue

Like I said, i don't know how to rng, don't make me change the nature. But I will try though.
How many sentences do i need in the descriptions. I will try to change the moveset and the pokemon.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
If you can't RNG your own Pokémon, then check out this thread - anyone on that list will provide you with RNG'd Pokémon for free (assuming they have or can get what you're looking for) if you tell them it's for VGC.

As for the descriptions, it's somewhat subjective - read through some of the other threads in here and see which ones were well-received, and that should give you an idea of what your descriptions should look like.

I think the descriptions are long enough...

Okay, the first thing I notice are two similar-in-value electric types. I think you need to replace Thundurus, as Zapdos does have itself a fire attack and Tailwind. If you're absolutely adamant on having a TWave mon, you could have either Cresselia or Rotom-W - either will add an element of bulk to the team and will be able to spread plenty of Para all over the opponent's side of the field. Rotom will also provide you with Water-STAB which is helpful.
Then I noticed your Espeon. Quick Attack is pretty useless on Espeon thanks to its massive 115 speed and low atk. In that spot, I think you should be running a Hidden Power, possibly either Fighting or Ice. Fighting will help remove those annoying steel and dark types around, whereas Ice will be a more solid check to dragons and genies. If you choose Fighting, you should run enough speed EVs to beat Timid 111s, as you won't get to tie with 115s.
The last thing I have to say is the empty slot on Latios. Personally, I think it should be Tailwind, as I've always admired Latios's ability to throw out a quick Tailwind. It is especially useful when Bisharp is among your opponent's mons, allowing one of your own pokemon to take advantage of the failed Sucker Punch.
After that, it's just a few nitpicks, Adamant over Naughty on Metagross, consider Dual Chop over Dragon Claw on Garchomp etc.

Actually, for the latios with tailwind, That's a move tutor in 4th gen and my latios is in 5th gen. So I can't get tailwind. Is substitute good? Plus my espeon does not have hp fighting or hp ice, instead how about grass knot.

Substitute is good too, I just prefer having Tailwind because I'm like that.
Also, with Espeon, surely it isn't that much trouble to RNG a new one (I don't know I've never tried) or get one off one of the many trade threads round here? Grass Knot feels a bit of a filler move when Espeon is far better off with a Hidden Power.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Then I noticed your Espeon. Quick Attack is pretty useless on Espeon thanks to its massive 115 speed and low atk. In that spot, I think you should be running a Hidden Power, possibly either Fighting or Ice. Fighting will help remove those annoying steel and dark types around, whereas Ice will be a more solid check to dragons and genies. If you choose Fighting, you should run enough speed EVs to beat Timid 111s, as you won't get to tie with 115s.
Espeon has base 110 Speed, so with HP Fighting he can only speed tie with Durant.

Actually, Espeon seems really redundant with Latios (Psychic-types with nearly identical stat distribution), so you might want to replace it with something else.

Espeon has base 110 Speed, so with HP Fighting he can only speed tie with Durant.

Actually, Espeon seems really redundant with Latios (Psychic-types with nearly identical stat distribution), so you might want to replace it with something else.
Ah yes, begging your pardon, forgot Espeon had 110 spe :p

And yeah, Latios and Espeon do seem to accomplish the same things, so you should probably replace Espeon for something.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Hmm, now you have three Dragons, plus both Zapdos and Thundurus. You really need more diversity on your team.

@Ignitrua: Just remember that all the Eeveelutions have the same base stats :P 130/110/95/65/65/60

This team is incredibly weak to scarf abomasnow. Its only counter is Metagross and he can easily be taken care of by the 3 other teammates.

Try 252 hp / 252 spa / 4 speed with modest nature +leftovers on Thundurus (twave, tbolt, hp ice, substitute) for more bulk an pleace replace that Hydreigon, its useless when you already have Latios and Garchomp, you can replace it with Tyranitar or something.

uhm and try another ev split on zapdos lol

I changed from a hydreigon to a chandelure. I have another counter to scarf abomasnow, which is chandelure (of course). I do have another pokemon and it's name is cresselia. Please tell which pokemon should I replace with and her moveset (cresselia). Plus the ev spreads.

Well, I'd say replace Zapdos. It does a similar thing to Thundurus, except Heat Wave, which you have on Chandelure. Personally, I think rain doesn't need much currently to slaughter your team, so I'd run Rotom-W instead, which gives you a better rain counter and a water STAB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)