Plus's Round 3 QC Assignments (Mamoswine, Ninjask, Staraptor, PorygonZ)

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mamoswine

• Put Lead Mamo in front
  • Test viability of MixMamo with the increase of SpD Skarm
  • Test viability of Sub Liechi set
  • Analysis needs revamping (thread can be found with rising dusk's stuff)

Take out Mixmamo, keep everything else as is. Needs a revamp for additional comments and overview

Ninjask
  • Must fix up the EVs for BP Classic (the analysis says 80 speed + jolly gives 416 speed, which is false -_-)
  • Perhaps change the evs so it outspeeds some scarfers right off the bat because Classic doesn't have protect, and it doesn't need the HP evs that much
  • Might relegate that Sunny Day Ninjask to other options

Merge all three baton pass sets into a set of simply Focus Sash / Lefties and 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Baton Pass / Sub / Protect / X-Scissor with Swords Dance slashed into Sub, Protect, and Swords Dance, Jolly nature. I didn't really even notice the extra bulk that the other spread gave that much, and I feel that outspeeding positive base 100s right off the bat for sets without Sub are ideal. Sunny Day can be other options.

Staraptor

• test out all three sets

Remove Scarf, it was really too weak to make a decent revenge killer, and the SR weakness really hurt it as well. I found RL's semi-bulky Raptor to be okay, I think you could probably make do with something like renaming SubRoost to something like Semi-Bulky Raptor, then simply slashing Featherdance and U-turn with Sub. However I really didn't like Agility, at best that is other options.

Porygonz

• test out all nasty plot sets
  • test out mixed sweeper
  • test that lead porygonz set not on the analysis( i believe panamaxis uses it? ?_?)
  • needs revamping (additional comments, overview etc.)

Take out Scarf set, it's pretty underwhelming now. Move Specs to front, and I'd agree with Metanite and take out all the nasty plot sets, it's really slow and can't pull off SubSalac that well because of residual damage and priority moves. However, I think it still deserves a set, MetaNites should be fine.The mixed set was purely novelty IMO, I didn't really enjoy using that set and apart from some surprise factor it died really fast. There really has to be a mention of Trick in PZ now, so it should be slashed with Ice Beam on the specs set, I'd say.

I'm not sure about moving Lead Mamoswine to the front. 27% of all Mamoswine used are in the lead position according to recent stats, meanwhile Life Orb's usage combined with Choice Band's usage (as seen here) come to 55.3%. Noting that some Mamoswine leads use Life Orb, I'm still convinced that the Physical Attacker set is used more often. This is further backed by the fact that Stone Edge is used on 60.2% of Mamoswine, is only seen on MixMamo and Physical Attacker sets primarily, and 22.1% of teams that use Mamoswine also used Abomasnow (results in ~40% rough usage of the Physical Attacker set). I think this is a fair indicator that stat-wise, Physical Attacker is still above Lead.

Anyway, I agree with all of your other points for Mamoswine. SpD Skarm is a pain for MixMamo, and it's also pretty predictable since you'll be using it in Hail anyway. That SubLiechi set really needs more QC input too, definitely.

Staraptor needs another look I think. Semi-bulky raptor isn't bad. And an Agility sweeper deserves a test (Agility / Brave Bird / Return / CC)

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
rd: thanks for the input, will do

rl: mind giving me the sets so i can test?

This was the Staraptor set:

Staraptor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 HP/200 Def/76 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn / Featherdance
- Roost
---

Staraptor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/8 Def/176 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Return
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Agility
---

I'd test these out. Like other BL pokemon they are BL not because of their viability, but more for team slot competition. The first set I found to be pretty handy, where as the 2nd slot was really only useful pre-platinum to me until Scizor and his Bullet Punch ruined everything...

IMO all or two of the Baton Pass Ninjask sets could be merged, with Leftovers and Focus Sash slashed, or there could be a lead set created and the other two sets merged Having three sets that accomplish very similar objectives (boost and pass) is fairly redundant in my opinion. There are only minor differences among the sets -- one uses Sash to lead and boost, and the other two are just variations of each other, except one has Swords Dance and one doesn't (which can be slashed with other moves). Granted, the spreads are different on each, but I'm not sure why that is. It's up to you ofc!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71529

I've written the Overview and Additional Comments already and have also used the lead set. While it does often get an early game kill, it doesn't prevent suicide leads from doing their job and in the end, is simply a waste of a Pokemon. In general, I find Porygon-Z underwhelming, and extremely rare will I ever sweep with the Nasty Plot set. You get forced out way too often, sometimes before you get a chance to attack. I think it just be better to use Choice Specs: hit something on the switch and get the hell out of there. But I'd feel bad about removing Nasty Plot from the analysis.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Plus, just posting to let you know that Philip and I have already posted on Porygon-Z's thread and we would like to hear your opinion about what we decided =D

Anyway, I agree with all of your other points for Mamoswine. SpD Skarm is a pain for MixMamo, and it's also pretty predictable since you'll be using it in Hail anyway. That SubLiechi set really needs more QC input too, definitely.
I dont see how Sp.Def Skarm is an issue for MixMamo considering Blizzard does 40.1% - 47.3% to Max/Max Sp.Def Impish Skarm.

MixMamo shouldnt be removed, its by FAR its best set in this metagame. It beats some of its would be counters such as said Skarmory and also Rotom-A too with Blizzard. That is huge, not only that but whilst physical Swine is utter stall bait, MixMamo is a fantastic stall breaker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)