Point Buy II - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate having to battle friends in early rounds :( . Don't underestimate Iris guys; this is surely to be a great battle.

Will send my predictions in.

What if the people we predict to win, their opponent's don't show up? Will they be substituted? Or will the person be given the win due to activity?

I believe this needs clarification.

Also. Will there be replacements and if so will we be able to withdraw bets if a "better" player gets subbed in?

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
What if the people we predict to win, their opponent's don't show up? Will they be substituted? Or will the person be given the win due to activity?

I believe this needs clarification.
Also. Will there be replacements and if so will we be able to withdraw bets if a "better" player gets subbed in?
I'll have to check that with Earthworm.

Also.
New Rule (It was already there, but many of you were not following it):
ANY PM YOU SEND MUST GO TO EARTHWORM (BETS OR BUYING). Questions can go to any.

Any PM that has been sent, must have been marked to Earthworm as well

50 on myself
50 on iris
50 on eo
50 on jabbathegriffin
50 on silentecho
50 on locopoke

going all in is the only way to do it, guys

The entire pool of Points bet on a particular match will be evenly distributed amongst the people who wagered on the winner.
Man, I hate this system. Everyone is betting on me.

So if 20 people bet on me (including myself), that's like 20 x 50 = 1000 points

And 2 people bet on Iris, that's like 2 x 50 = 100 points

If I win, then everyone and I will earn 1100/20 = 55 points = A 5 POINT PROFIT

While if Iris wins, then everyone that wagered on him will earn = 1100/2 = 550 points = A 500 POINT PROFIT

=======

GUYS THIS ISN'T FAIR. IRIS IS A DAMN GOOD PLAYER TOO. HE JUST DOESN'T HAVE THE POPULARITY HERE. PLEASE BET AGAINST ME! :'(

Man, I hate this system. Everyone is betting on me.

So if 20 people bet on me (including myself), that's like 20 x 50 = 1000 points

And 2 people bet on Iris, that's like 2 x 50 = 100 points

If I win, then everyone and I will earn 1100/20 = 55 points = A 5 POINT PROFIT

While if Iris wins, then everyone that wagered on him will earn = 1100/2 = 550 points = A 500 POINT PROFIT

=======

GUYS THIS ISN'T FAIR. IRIS IS A DAMN GOOD PLAYER TOO. HE JUST DOESN'T HAVE THE POPULARITY HERE. PLEASE BET AGAINST ME! :'(
Apparently the pot doubles? and everybody gets 100 points. I'm not too sure, but I think this is the way it goes. I do agree that this could be clarified a bit though

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
What that statement means is that lets say there's a matchup

x vs y

10 people have bet for x.
And x wins

We will tally the 10 bets and we will have 500 points. Now each person will receive only their share of money.

If you are bet on, you will not get any extra points. Only the people who bet on you will get points. NOT YOU

50 on Reachzero
50 on Arin
50 on Megan_Fox
50 on apologies

Edit: hey tito, I wont be back until 9 days from this post, so well battle then. Thanks

What that statement means is that lets say there's a matchup

x vs y

10 people have bet for x.
And x wins

We will tally the 10 bets and we will have 500 points. Now each person will receive only their share of money.

If you are bet on, you will not get any extra points. Only the people who bet on you will get points. NOT YOU
meaning there would be no profit at all. so then how are people "ensured 100 points going into each round"?

Say x vs y
10 people, including x, bets on x.
2 people, including y, bets on y

if x wins, there is 600 points in the pot, so each person that bet on him, including himself, gets 600/10=60.

if y wins, he gets 600/2=300.

This is the current system you have written. Also, you bet on yourself, so yes, you do get points.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
People are ensured 100 points because there's a compulsory bet on themselves, so if they go to the next round, they'll get the points.

AGAIN:
IF I BET ON x and he wins, I WILL GET THE PROFIT- 100 points. Not X

So what others bet on should not matter to anyone.

If I bet on x. I make 100 points.
if 100 people make a bet on x, 100 people make a profit NOT X (well he does from his cumpulsory bet, but that won't change by the number of people betting for him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)