Poison Heal AcroBat Gliscor

Why doesn't the AcroBat Gliscor set have a mention of Poison Heal somewhere as an option? Sure, Sand Veil is good but it's not something you can really count on to save the day. Poison Heal grants an immunity to an otherwise damning status. This allows Gliscor to counter threats like defensive Gliscor or Blissey. On top of that, once Poisoned, Gliscor gains a very useful 12.5% HP to help set up more Subs and becomes a nifty status blocker. It at least deserves a slash on the set.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
a one-line mention in AC can't hurt tbh

although sand veil is better by far

ps: i moved this to the ou section so the ou qc peeps can weigh in

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Because then you have to waste a vital moveslot/turn on Fling. So you won't be able to abuse Poison Heal to get more Subs because...you won't know Sub. Unless you're telling me you aren't using EQ or SD? Poor option that shows a lack of understanding of how the set works.

I'm not talking about the AcroFling set, I'm talking about just changing the ability on AcroBat Gliscor to Poison Heal for those who like something more reliable.

Lee

@ Thick Club
I'm talking about AcroBat too. Toxic Orb isn't used up and the only way to reliably get rid of it (and thus power up Acrobat to acceptable levels) is to use Fling. Otherwise you may as well use the more powerful Aerial Ace.

peng

hivemind leader
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
252 Speed Gliscor outspeeds practically all the common Toxic users in OU anyway so you can just Substitute against them to evade status. I guess if you aren't using it with Hippowdon or Tyranitar it has merit but I don't see what is going to be trying to Toxic an Acrobat Gliscor in the first place.

Talking about switch-ins. Gliscor can't counter stuff like Blissey because a well timed Toxic ruins it. Poison Heal changes that and makes Gliscor a good switch in.

Lee

@ Thick Club
Oh, I get you now. Still disagree though - you claim that Poison Heal is more reliable but you'll have to pull off a sharp prediction to get poisoned in the first place whereas the Sand Veil boost is quite consistently abusable. Even if you aren't using SS on your team there's a good chance that the opponent will be using it and I'd rather gamble on that than count on being able to switch in on Toxic. Especially considering some of the more common Toxic users like Blissey, Politoed and Heatran will OHKO Gliscor if you mispredict.

Which is why I only talked about it being a slash. Btw, Blissey can't OHKO Gliscor unless it's running some crazy Ice beam set. I guess the choice comes down to whether you want to rely more on the game giving you hax or your prediction skills.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This thread belongs in small subjective changes

If you want to win, Sand Veil is much better to abuse the sandstorm that your team can summon than Poison Heal to take advantage of the circumstantial Toxic user from the opponent. I'd rather win with free hax than risk "predicting" wrong and get Gliscor killed. You want to minimize guesswork and increase your odds of winning (even if that means utilizing a "hax ability").

QC Rejected

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)