Poison Swamp Doubles, Engineer Pikachu Vr Venser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting at this lovely venue for the battlers to arrive, I survey the Chosen Battlefield. Im Glad to have brought my Elekid to stave off the fear.

Arena: Poison Swamp
A generic swamp that is infested with poisonous creatures. All non-poison type POkemon have a 10% chance to become badly poisoned at the end of the round.

The ground was muddy, but there were plenty of roots and large stones so movement wont be hindered. There were scant trees, but they were long dead. Some moss hanging from their limbs gave the place and ominous feel and had i been alone I would've ran for fear. The worst part was the air, it was slimy and toxic and I knew it could easily tear through any Pokemon's immune system. I pull two gas masks out one for elekid, and one for moi.

I watch as a trainer approaches, unfazed by the enviorment. Obviously the man who posted the Challenge.

Another Trainer has gotten his way through some shrubbery and he nods at the other trainer, also suprisingly fearless at the enviorment.

I call out to the participants,
"Okay here are the rules as your request.
4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ
No recovers/3 chills
Switch = KO
1 ability
No items."

They both nod curtly and I announce the teams before the match starts

Engineer Pikachu's Team

Timburr (Hurrdurr) (M)
Nature: Adamant (Atk increased by *, Sp.A decreased by *)

Type: Fighting
Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Cheer Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats: 75 / 80 / 55 / 25 / 35 / 35

HP: 100
Atk+: **** (4)
Def: ** (2)
SpA-: (0)
SpD: ** (2)
Spe: 35

Evolution Counter: 3 / 9
Move Counter: 1
Dream Counter: 1 / 5

Abilities:
Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the base attack power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
Sheer Force: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.
Iron Fist (DW Locked): (Innate) The Base Attack Power of this Pokemon’s “Punch” attacks is increased by two (2). (Known attacks effected: Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Dizzy Punch, Drain Punch, Dynamicpunch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, Mega Punch, Meteor Mash, Shadow Punch, Sky Uppercut, Thunderpunch)

Attacks:
Pound
Leer
Focus Energy
Bide
Low Kick
Rock Throw
Wake-Up Slap
Chip Away

Counter
Drain Punch
Mach Punch

Bulk Up
Payback
Stone Edge

Grimer (Yaku) (M)
Nature: Quiet (Sp.A increased by *; speed divided by 1.15 and opponents have +5% accuracy with attacks)

Type: Poison
Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats: 80 / 80 / 50 / 40 / 50 / 25

Atk: *** (3)
SpA+: *** (3)
Spe-: 30

Evolution Counter: 2 / 6
Move Counter: 1
Dream Counter: 1 / 5

Abilities:
Stench: (Innate) This Pokemon has a foul odor that reeks into each of its attacks, causing all of them to have a 10% flinch rate. This applies to each hit of a multi-hit move.

Sticky Hold: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is covered in a sticky substance that prevents item theft or swapping.

Poison Touch (DW LOCKED): (Can be Disabled) This Pokemon's body is covered with a film of poison. Whenever it hits an opponent with a contact attack, that opponent has a 30% chance of being Poisoned. When disabled, all this Pokemon's Poison-type attacks will inflict Toxic level poison.

Attacks:
Poison Gas
Pound
Harden
Mud-Slap
Disable
Sludge
Minimize
Mud Bomb

Acid Spray
Shadow Sneak
Stockpile

Venom Shock
Thunderbolt
Fire Blast

Gastly (Youma) (M)
Nature: Mild (Special Attack increased by *; Defense decreased by *)

Type: Ghost / Poison
Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)

Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats: 30 / 35 / 30 / 100 / 35 / 80

HP: 90
Atk: ** (2)
Def-: * (1)
SpA+: ***** (5)
Spe: 80

Evolution Counter: 0 / 9
Move Counter: 0
Dream Counter: Not Applicable.

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:
Hypnosis
Lick
Spite
Mean Look
Curse
Confuse Ray
Night Shade
Sucker Punch

Disable
Explosion
Ice Punch

Will-O-Wisp
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb

Bulbasaur (Tanka) (F)
Nature: Quiet (Special Attack increased by *; speed divided by 1.15 and opponents have +5% accuracy with attacks)

Type: Grass / Poison
Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats: 45 / 49 / 49 / 65 / 65 / 45

Atk: ** (2)
SpA+: **** (4)
SpD: *** (3)
Spe-: 39 (45/1.15)

Evolution Counter: 0 / 9
Move Counter: 0
Dream Counter: 0 / 5

Abilities:
Overgrow: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2). (eg Giga Drain goes from 8 to 10, Solarbeam from 12 to 14)

Chlorophyll (DW LOCKED): (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Attacks:
Tackle
Growl
Leech Seed
Vine Whip
PoisonPowder
Sleep Powder
Take Down
Razor Leaf
Growth

Giga Drain
Light Screen
Power Whip

Venom Shock
Substitute
Reflect

Venser's Team

Golett [Troll] (♂)
Nature: Brave (Adds * to Attack; A 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks)

Type: Ground / Ghost
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 29 (-15%)

EC: 4/6
MC: 2
DC: 2/5

Abilities:
Iron Fist: (Innate) The Base Attack Power of this Pokemon’s “Punch” attacks is increased by two (2). (Known attacks effected: Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Dizzy Punch, Drain Punch, Dynamicpunch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, Mega Punch, Meteor Mash, Shadow Punch, Sky Uppercut, Thunderpunch.)
Klutz: (Can be disabled) The Pokemon moves in a rare style of battling that uses an unpredictable, clumsy looking manner. The accuracy of its attacks are increased by 10% (flat). While engaging in this style it cannot use a hold item, however an item is necessary to pull it off.
No Guard (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has an immense confidence from perfecting each of its attacks, giving them all perfect accuracy. Resultingly it feels it can weather every strike, and will not dodge an attack even if ordered to. Only when a OHKO move is issued by the opponent does sense return, and the Pokemon acts normally. Additionally even with their extra skill, the power and exhaustion involved in using OHKO moves prevents them from being benefitted by No Guard, they will have their normal accuracy.

Attacks:
Pound*
Astonish*
Defense Curl*
Mud-Slap*
Rollout*
Shadow Punch*
Iron Defense*
Mega Punch*
Magnitude*

Earthquake*
DynamicPunch*
Focus Punch*

Substitute*
Safeguard*
Gyro Ball*
Rock Slide

scylar

Scylar [Vanilluber] (♀)

Nature: Hasty ((Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage. The Divisor is 1000 for fully evolved Pokemon, 700 for Pokemon that are the second of three stages, 500 for Pokemon that are the first of two stages, and 350 for Pokemon that are the first of three stages. This accuracy boost is added to their Dodge Command chance; Subtracts One (1) Rank from Defense)

Type: Ice/Bug
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 104.65 (+)

Abilities:
Compoundeyes: (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.
Mountaineer: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to scaling and avoiding rocks. It can avoid damage from Stealth Rock when it switches in, and one Rock-type attack per round.
Technician (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for mutli-hit attacks is increased by two (2).

Attacks:
Leer
Leech Life
Scratch
Focus Energy
Ice Shard
Slash
Icy Wind
Bug Bite
Icicle Spear

Tail Glow
Earth Power
Counter

Blizzard
Double Team
Acrobatics

Nohface [Jyuu] (♂)

Nature: Adamant (+ Attack, - Special Attack)

Type: Steel / Ghost

Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)

Abilities:
Levitate (Innate): This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Levitate (DW) (Innate): This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
Spe: 10

EC: 5/6
MC: 0
DC: 3/5

Attacks
Scratch
Iron Defense
Lick
Odor Sleuth
Faint Attack
Shadow Sneak
Curse
ShadowStrike
Fake Out

Psycho Shift
Meteor Mash
Yawn
Pain Split
Magic Coat

Will-o-Wisp
Dig
Earthquake
Taunt

Scyther [Ed] (♂)

Nature: Quiet (Adds * to Special Attack; A 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy on an opponent's attacks)

Type: Bug / Flying
Bug: Bug STAB; Anger Powder, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Roost have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon, Heat Wave, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Twister, Whirlwind have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 89 (-15%)

EC: 2/6
MC: 2
DC: 2/5

Abilities:
Technician (Innate): This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).
Swarm (Innate): When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, Scissor Cross from 8 to 10)
Steadfast (DW) (Innate): If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference.

Attacks:
Vacuum Wave*
Quick Attack*
Leer*
Focus Energy*
Double Team*
Pursuit*
False Swipe*
Agility*
Wing Attack*
Fury Cutter*
Safeguard*
Counter*
Silver Wind*
Swords Dance*
Roost*
Substitute*
Brick Break*

More for myself than the Experience combatants I announce the turn order.
"Pikachu will Choose his pokemon first, then Venser will choose his and give orders, Pikachu will then give orders and I'll ref. and you guys know the rest."

Cookies for good luck?

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, not quite what I expected (also I forgot to buy something facepalm).

Go, Hurrdurr and Youma (Timburr and Gastly)!

All right team, it doesn't look like he;s going to make this easy for us. But whatever, it's our show now! Let's go Nohface and Scyther!

Ed, that Timburr is going to be annoying. It's your job to take it out ASAP. Start off with a good-sized substitute; 26 HP should do the trick. Then, follow that up with a Wing Attack, and then finish with a Safeguard on the enemy's team to prevent him from getting a guts boost. If you are ever targeted with a physical attack, replace your action with a Counter.

Jyuu, we've got a totally different plan for you. Begin by Faking Out that Timburr and then with that on our side, ShadowStrike Gengar to get some damage. Finish with another Shadowstrike. If you're targeted with a Will-o-wisp or disable, use Magic Coat instead on that action. make sure the wow goes back to ghastly, not timburr.

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Huh, this doesn't look too great. A couple questions first, though. 1: If you have 100 max HP, shouldn't your max Sub size be 25 HP? 2: And second, is it possible to substitute a +0 priority action with a +4 priority depending on what your faster opponent does? 3: Similarly, is it possible to replace a +0 action with a -5 priority depending on what your slower opponent does?

If the answer to 2 and 3 are both no:
Youma: Will-o-Wisp (Nohface) ~ Confuse Ray (Nohface) ~ Disable (Nohface)
Hurrdurr: Pound (Scyther) ~ Stone Edge (Scyther) ~ Rock Slide (Scyther)

If the answer to 2 is yes and 3 is no:
Youma: Confuse Ray (Nohface) ~ Hypnosis (Nohface) ~ Thunderbolt (Scyther)
Hurrdurr: Pound (Scyther) ~ Stone Edge (Scyther) ~ Bulk Up

If the answer to 2 is no and 3 is yes:
Youma: Thunderbolt (Scyther) ~ Ice Punch (Nohface) ~ Disable (Nohface)
Hurrdurr: Pound (Scyther) ~ Stone Edge (Scyther) (counter should go to Youma, since he attacked first) ~ Payback (Nohface)

If the answer to both 2 and 3 are yes:
Youma: Thunderbolt (Scyther) ~ Ice Punch (Scyther) ~ Confuse Ray (Nohface)
Hurrdurr: Pound (Scyther) ~ Stone Edge (Scyther) (counter should go to Youma, since he attacked first) ~ Payback (Nohface)

e: hopefully this shouldn't count as a substitution as all of this could've been alleviated by a PM.

If i'm reading this right, the answers to 2 and 3 are yes, because it's treated as if all orders are yelled to the pokemon and, as such, you can hear your opponent's. also error on the sub, that should be 25.

so i guess your orders are:

Youma: Thunderbolt (Scyther) ~ Ice Punch (Scyther) ~ Confuse Ray (Nohface)

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
If you're treating it as if you know what your opponent is doing beforehand (aka shouting), then I suppose that that would be the correct sequence of actions. However, I'm not sure that's the case; a command such as "Teleport behind him" would never work, since the victim could simply hear that and turn around instinctively???

IMO it's up to the ref.

I'm sure that in a situation like that, it's up to ref discretion, but this is a much less ambiguous situation.

Its my belief that the pokemon don't listen for the other pokemon's orders but for the actions themselves, so I believe that a negative Priority move can't be substitued in since the moves themselves are slower and you have already made the action by the time of the supposed reaction.

So the answer to two is yes and three is no

Youma: Confuse Ray (Nohface) ~ Hypnosis (Nohface) ~ Thunderbolt (Scyther)
Hurrdurr: Pound (Scyther) ~ Stone Edge (Scyther) ~ Bulk Up

Will edit in reffing in a few minutes.

Guys im not gonna be able to start reffing until I get your abilities. There are a few that are kindve important, the rules were set to 1 ability and it is my fault for not specifying when i was set turn order, but i need to know.

Okay, I did some asking on irc, and the head ref refs it otherwise, that is, as if you can hear orders. (source) However, I also made a mistake with my orders (I can't counter "any physical attack", i need to name it specifically. So uh. I'm not quite sure what we should do.

Golurk has Iron Fist and Nohface has Levitate btw.

I hate todo this but im not qualified to ref this match, I though i was after a few matches but im still not ready. Please don't think bad of me but go get yourself a subref.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So apparently Pikapwnd can't ref this?

I'll be willing to subref then. Venser and Engineer, you guys want to keep playing?

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, well, I'm not forcing you guys to play. If Venser doesn't want to do it anymore, then so be it.

Cancelled! Sadly, this results in 0 tokens for everyone but that's okay I think.

i thought we got the MC/DC/EC for everyone since they entered battle as the data audit thread puts it but thats fine.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Nah, that's pretty dumb. I could just get into 3 matches repeatedly, keep canceling them if I wanted to, and just evolve all my Pokemon. Although, I'd have a really bad reputation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)