Pokémon Pokébank changes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokébank is now online in Japan, and will be online in NA in 3 days time. Already seeing some major additions coming into the research threads, but figure there needs to be a thread for discussion as to how these changes will affect the meta.

Notable changes caught so far (no one cares about Fell Stinger Genesect)

NO MONS HAVE BEEN RETYPED THAT WE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ALREADY
TORNADUS DOES NOT GET AEROBLAST

Techno Blast buffed to 120 BP
Sacred Fire Entei (move relearner)
Switcheroo Froslass/Glalie, Klefki (egg move)
Moonblast Cresselia, Whimsicott (level up)
Competitive Milotic (new ability, does not replace anything)
Dazzling Gleam Meloetta, Mismagius, Azelf/Uxie/Mesprit, Jellicent, Victini (TM)
Toxic Spikes Weezing, Cofagrigus (egg move)
Sucker Punch Emboar (egg move)
Drill Run Escavalier (egg move)
Haze Dusclops/Dusknoir (egg move)

Discuss!

Please try to keep discussion to confirmed news and its impact on the meta. All wild speculation will do is derail this thread from its actual purpose. If you have any discoveries, please be sure to post them in the relevant research thread!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/research.251/

Last edited:
252 SpA Genesect Techno Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 170-202 (44 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
I posted this in the Genesect thread, this is a 120 BP water Techno Blast with no boosting item (because Douse Drive). Not exactly earth-shattering if you ask me.

I'm still waiting for Aeroblast Tornadus and Steel/Fairy Jirachi.

Techno Blast with a Drive loses its boosting item, which means it becomes the same power as LO Elemental Beams, and slightly stronger than Expert Belt ones. So I rather use a LO or Expert Belt for a consistent boost to everything. That being said, it might be slightly useful for its water type one, but I doubt it.

Klefki gains priority Switcheroo, but I think Thunder Wave is more crippling. Either that or it can go for a set similar to TrickScarf Uxie back in Gen IV with both Trick and T-wave

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm still waiting for Aeroblast Tornadus and Steel/Fairy Jirachi.
If i remember correctly Steel/Fairy Jirachi was deconfirmed a pretty long time ago by checking its typing via requesting for it on the global link, so its pretty much guarenteed to still be Steel/Psychic once more unless the pokemon global link was lying about Pokemon typings to keep it as a surprise or something, which i really doubt.

As for Aeroblast Tornadus, there's no sign of it yet, a tornadus was apparently obtained over the gts and aeroblast wasn't in the move relearner list, so it getting the move is unlikely. Unless of course it happens to be an exclusive move only the therian formes can get (which is of course possible).

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As for Aeroblast Tornadus, there's no sign of it yet, a tornadus was apparently obtained over the gts and aeroblast wasn't in the move relearner list, so it getting the move is unlikely. Unless of course it happens to be an exclusive move only the therian formes can get (which is of course possible).
Someone on /vp/ has a lv100 Tornadus and did not learn Aeroblast via level-up. It seems debunked for now.

I actually think it may be more worthwhile to check for it on Raikou and Suicune. It fits for them thematically, they're the same gen as Lugia, and their buddy Entei got something.

Base stat changes are a bit harder to check than movepool changes, so it may take a bit before any of those surface.

EDIT: Also, most of the relevant mons coming through the bank are legendaries, and I doubt any of them got base stat changes.

Just when I thought Klefki couldn't get any more annoying now it can remove your item. I don't think switcheroo will be good on him though. He kind of needs that leftovers bad and is useless with most other items. I guess you could trick a choice scarf on a wall you know would have leftovers but that would leave Klefki almost useless until you have an opportunity to do it

Water Techno Blast is weaker than LO HP Ground on Heatran, and Genesect don't have room to run either of those moves so Techno Blast is still rather useless for him.
252 SpA Genesect (Move 1) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 170-202 (44 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Genesect Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 224-265 (58 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Just to back this up.

I'm sorry to hear Goodra doesn't get recover, but more importantly, WHAT ABOUT SUCKER PUNCH MALAMAR? If it doesn't get it, it's kinda the final nail in its coffin.

Driveless Techno Blast is now a 120 power 100% accurate Normal-type move with no drawbacks though. Not sure I'd use it over Genesect's other coverage options, but it's worth noting I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)