1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Amethyst -~- A Sprite Resource Project

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by Sleet, Dec 23, 2009.

1. NikLink

NikLink

Also, if it's not the right size it will have to be redone. Sorry.
  2. pika

pika

[​IMG]
    It's close enough, I hope? :/

From Ultimate Pokemon Centre:
    [​IMG]

By the way, how do I find out which pokes are reserved?
  3. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

There's a list in the OP, if it says it's reserved it's reserved.

Ok, my computer has mysteriously decided to sort itself out (you guys never gonna believe me lol) so update actually coming up now :O
  4. wickdaggler

wickdaggler

I think that horns, tails, fur, or other things all account for the overall height of the pokemon.
    So, right now it's about 3'6, and absol is 3'11...
    Mabye it's a baby?
    :(

Oh, and if you are updating, alch, be sure to reserve flareon for me :)
  5. NikLink

NikLink

[​IMG]

Also reserving Luxray.

Edit: This is not the final version, I'll tweak it later. But critique is always welcome. Also Absol can still go through even though it was reserved. What bothers me is the front left leg looking so blocky (on Absol).
  6. pika

pika

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I have embiggened it... is it better now?

edit: nasty stray pixels
    edit2: oops Absol was reserved. you can ignore me then
  7. Wizwum

Wizwum

[​IMG]

QCed Magnemite. Also I think Jigglypuff can go straight through.

That Absol's great, and I'd try asking XandZero if you can have his reservation, especially considering you've done the sprite. Worth a shot at least, anyway.

The Luxio... I'm unsure. It seems a bit... rigid (and yes, I know its like that in the art. Only the art itself is a bit rigid. Try some shading on its face and ears too, and on its mane below the head, as well as its front right leg.

EDIT: Also, any reason my Lugia hasn't been accepted? Just an omission, or is there something wrong with it?
  8. Tayla

Tayla

Ditto for the two Pika and Manaphy.
  9. pika

pika

Well if Absol is taken, I might as well pick a useless, ugly, unimportant pokemon that nobody cares about that nobody in their right minds would possibly reserve. :D

[​IMG]

Again, if I made lots of mistakes feel free to point them out or fix them. (I liked the Absol more :/)

Original sketch, there's isn't a lot you can do with Lombre before he begins to look un-Lombre.
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Thank you, that makes me feel warm inside. :D I suppose I'll try.... please, XandZero? May I have your reservation?
  10. Scepticallistic

Scepticallistic

I don't mean to mess with things that are already done, but the Sneasel was looking really flat in the gallery compared to the other sprites, so I added some shading. It was an oversight on my part when I let it go. Sorry Alch. D:
    [​IMG]

On another note, we've hit 31% completion and adding those Unown sprites to the gallery was not fun. :]

You can also now click on the base sprite in the gallery to link to it's alternate forme sprites near the bottom.
  11. NikLink

NikLink

Wizwum - Don't worry, I know it's far from perfect, it's just that I can't do anything right now.

Pika - Can you draw me a sketch of Luxray? That would be awesome if you did.
  12. Arch

Arch

EDIT: Nvm, you fixed it, didn't see a whole page of posts.
  13. Nopie

Nopie

That Lombre looks great. I had no idea it was so large. Pupitar as well. It's funny how many Pokemon you underestimate the size of until this project.

I really like the Absol's pose as well, it really gives it the shady and mysterious feel that Absol should have. It still needs a bit of cleaning up, but overall I think it's great.

I agree with Wizwum on the Luxio. It looks too much like a statue. I'd love to see something a little more lively.

Anyway, I'd like to finish up by saying thaqt i raellyjz ennjoyerazzd sgazzzas fnnaszzsjojgajzzzzz zzznlzzzaiufhdlzzzzzlaz zznzozzzzz; oaisejgzzzzzzzlkzjnzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzqpihjgpkjsv bzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzztt.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bzzzt bzzzzt.
  14. Arch

Arch

I'm going to work on Gyarados and Shelgon, Canti hasn't touched that gyarados outline for pages and pages.

And pages.

Reservedddddd
  15. NikLink

NikLink

I had this in mind for the sprite but Alch vetoed it in favor of the Sugimori artwork. If you guys want I can do this too I guess.

And there isn't any other good art for him anyways (open)
    [​IMG]
  16. Blackhawk11

Blackhawk11 one on one

NikLink, love that pose, just try not to make it look like it's falling over =/

Nopie, Electabuzz looks like he's pressing his chin against his chest. If possible try to make the two look separated.

Scept, your site is awesome. i love every little feature that you've put into it :)

edit: I'm gonna be gone for a few days on Easter...I mean Spring...break. I've got lanturn half finished on my comp. Good news is once I get back I'll kick out a bunch of sprites!

Also, thanks mostly to me, we're almost at 1.75 sprites per day haha. Let's see if the rest of you can seal the deal and get us there!
  17. DarthVader317

DarthVader317

Did some QCing on Manectric.
    [​IMG]
  18. Nopie

Nopie

Haha, I was supposed to have put that in before submitting it, but I guess I got a little too eager and forgot ^^;
    [​IMG]

Better, no?
  19. Tayla

Tayla

[​IMG]

Hate eyes..
  20. kiryu3000

kiryu3000

IMO I think Elekid looks a bit weird with the plugs on its head being tilted forward. Otherwise awesome sprite.

I don't really like how it's looking directly at the viewer as opposed towards our bottom-left. That, and its tail and ears look somewhat jagged.

EDIT: Finally beat FF13, so hopefully now I can sprite.
  21. Tayla

Tayla

It looks like it's looking bottom-left to me. o.O But okay. I'll fiddle with the eyes some more and fix the ears / tail.

[​IMG]

I can't. Get. The eyes. To work. ._.
  22. pika

pika

[​IMG]
    Luxray sure is one BAMF... (almost as cool as Absol)

Feel free not to use it or change whatever you don't like about it. ._.
    If you do like it (yay), then I can also clean it up so it's easier to pixel over. :D

Hmm... I'm pretty much a novice at spriting, so that's about as clean as I can get it. ^^; I don't know how to clean it up any more than that.
  23. kiryu3000

kiryu3000

Maybe it's just me then, I don't know. I did post my comments past midnight and I was sleepy, so...yeah. Oh, and maybe you can curve its right (our left) ear a bit; right now, it looks a bit too stiff.
  24. aXl

aXl c'mon, Scratch me
    is an Artist

Sure, take the Absol. I was at a loss for how to pose it myself, actually. +) I would've been a bit more upset had you stolen something that I had already made lineart for. (eg, Rotom-Standard; Ralts; Kirlia; (my) Mewtwo; Zoroark; or Mothim.)

I plan on doing all of the above mentioned Pokemon during the trip to DC that I mentioned earlier. +)

@Helix: Like the pose! After a quick glance, all I can say right off the bat is that the base of the tail is too straight and needs to be rounded a bit. Not sure about the shading on the inner ear either, although I'm not sure what would help. Maybe less dark shading? Just my two dimes.
  25. wickdaggler

wickdaggler

Agreeing with what everyone says about espeon...
    Although I think it's at an angle. Either that or it's balancing on it's front left paw, which would be pretty impressive.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)