Programming Pokémon BattlePad

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
itt I make another not very useful thing but still useful xD

I have the tendency of forgetting what my opponent's moves were halfway through the match 9.9 so I decided to make something that helps me record stuff as quickly as possible during a match which is faster than writing on paper or opening a notepad. Anyway here's the link to it!

Pokémon BattlePad

Type your stuff in and autocomplete them if you want. I used an external script for autocomplete so sadly it doesn't give you Zapdos as your first option if you type Za into the Pokemon box :( maybe I'll try writing an autocomplete from scratch but that'd take p long for me lol. The stats can also be calculated quickly here. They're hidden by default though as most of the time you won't be needing them. Stats are shown in case you forgot the base stats or something and might want to calc the Speed of Pokemon. The best thing here probably is the PP counter. Just click the left arrow once to drop the PP by 1! I recommend only counting PP for low PP stuff like Fire Blast to save crucial time. There's a text box at the bottom for you to type whatever you need! :O!

Currently it's mainly for sim use since simulators do a good job of reporting status / remaining HP. I intend to expand this further to cater to the Wi-Fi players for the to record approximate HP and status problems etc stuff quickly. Hope this will be of use to some of you! :)

To-do
  • Wi-Fi updates (Weather count, entry hazards, HP, status)
  • Mega Evolution toggle. So you can MEvo stuff with the click of a button instead of changing the name.
  • Past gen PP support. Since PP of some moves changed over the gens.
Special Thanks to
Pokemon Showdown for their data which I grabbed. (lol Magikarp's Revenge is one of the moves xD)
Toast for helping me fix an annoying bug.
V4 for helping me come up with this app name.

Do post if you find bugs or have suggestions! Thank you! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)