1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Firestorm, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saboros

Saboros

So now we know the silhouette was the new form of tornadus and not Articuno.
  2. Bugbot

Bugbot

The video keeps getting removed from everywhere, could somebody reupload it? Pretty please
  3. Saboros

Saboros

I'm having the same problem, I'd really like to see it.

Oh also, could someone repost the pictures and such relating to this "World Tournament" thing. It sounds cool, but I can't seem to find any pictures on it, thanks.
  4. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

[youtube]w2XENocAQZI[/youtube]here you go
  5. Saboros

Saboros

Thanks Cereza, so what about that World tournament stuff?
  6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1

Just a little tidbit. For those who are thinking "you cant run on ice!", it is possible it wasn't ice, it may have been a glass of some sort (which iirc happened in the movie with Entei, where the place turned into a glassy zone that wasn't ice or at least didn't behave like ice). That would explain how it's possible to run and land on it. Yeah, not the best explanation, but possible.

I still don't believe the map was real ice. It was obviously fake ice. And this doesn't lead me to believe the region is frozen over either. Rather, the trailers makes me thing there'll be an event which causes the region to be frozen, be that literally or in time or whatever. But not permanently. Hell, they could blame that on one form of Kyurem being "out of balance" with the other and the result is the region freezing or something stupid like that.

Also, Pirates are intimidating but stupid. The grunts just stood by as Arcanine completely destroyed Seviper, and Samurott was allowed to attack when the grunts had lots of time to recover from shock and counterattack.

That said, cool trailer. Only part I didn't like is Elesa's segment, which is sad because she was probably one of the better gym leaders in Unova for at least having something slightly unique (we've never had an Electric trainer with much style before, only strength (Surge) and depression (Volkner) about her. But the catwalk has taken her from unique to "eh, seen it before". I know she was a model even in BW1, but the catwalk just makes it too obvious. Get back to the Pokemon, damnit. I don't care about fashion in video games about fictional creatures which I can own. I want to see them fight and I want to see some Pokemon fainting. Not some fashion show.
  7. Prof. Elm

Prof. Elm

Maybe they just want to appeal more to girls.
  8. thelaytonmobile

thelaytonmobile

If you're missing it there's a video here.

I believe it's on Tumblr too somewhere.
  9. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

Oh yeah, though I heard something like the battle music before. Now i'm really hoping that stays as a new plasma theme. Also plasma theme playing during the battle on the ship really does imply these new outfitted people are Plasma (at least in some form).

That was amazing. And now I can watch it repeatedly lol.
  10. King Serperior

King Serperior

That must be an Arcanine from capasb.

Its using a Close Combat + Extremespeed combo. Sadly, it'll have to do a cooldown next :(
  11. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

You know the video will go up for real in like less than 12 hours
    could always just wait for then rather than jumping from mirror to mirror
  12. Fawfulmk-II

Fawfulmk-II

13. M. Rock

M. Rock

Joke's on us when the storyline is linear, predictable, and not what GF made it out to be. That could happen, but I would really like to believe otherwise.

As for the World Tournament...we're fighting Gym Leaders, so it would make sense if they all use pokemon of a specialized type, right? As far as battle facility trainers go, that wouldn't be very interesting, but if they didn't specialize in a type, that kind of defeats the concept of them being gym leaders. I wonder what GF will do about that?

EDIT: Arcanine is now my new favorite pokemon :)
  14. atsync

atsync Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

I remember watching the video for the first time yesterday and just thinking "well this is awesome but chances are that the in-game counterparts of these events are not going to look as amazing." I really don't think a battle between Seviper and Arcanine is going to be as thrilling in-game!

Oh well, the game will still rule and the video was amazing. The scene on the ship was definitely the best part. Can't wait.
  15. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Has the stuff presented appeared to be nonlinear and unpredictable? I would say no!
  16. Wishy

Wishy

They can always make a new series that is targeted for a more mature audience while simultaneously running the kid friendly version. It's not out of their realm to have a spin off series after all.
  17. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

Or Pokemon Re Burst at that. Referring more to maturity than actual pokemon considering how different-ish it is. Really if they replaced the anime with what we saw and it didn't have cheezy/terrible plots maybe we'd get somewhere

Also officially excited for new professor I can't spell. Someone that talks about Pokemon power and seems like they may battle (He's been seen at world champs at least, not that it means anything yet) plus looks cooler than other professors is nice.
  18. soul_survivor

soul_survivor

the wait is killing me(as most people) haha. This kind've reminds me of all the features the packed into hg/ss which made it by far one of the best pkmn games.

Plus this isn't some cheap remake(hopefully) with a bit endgame content and more pokemon(think pokemon platnium which really just gave a move tutor and battle frontier. Same for Emerald)
  19. Exc4libur

Exc4libur

Arcanine is a total badass for that Throw. Although I do think that is Ice. It's just that Physics go out the Window in that Trailer. lol

EDIT: Physics and Friction
  20. The Cicada

The Cicada

That trailer makes me a happy cicada.
  21. Chill

Chill

Or maybe they just want to establish that an actual world exist.
  22. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

Anyone seen the pics of the anime's BW2 season with the Robo Tyranitar?

It shows a Golurk that is 60 FREAKING FEET TALL.

Are we going back to giant Pokemon again? :D
  23. StallMandibuzz

StallMandibuzz

Team Plasma has returned. ;3 I wonder if the Shadow Triad are following someone else, or if they're leading Team Plasma under Ghetsis's command? Also, that Golurk was probably a mecha, like the Tyranitar at Pokéwood was, or it really is a Giant Pokémon.
  24. Flare Blitzle

Flare Blitzle

They don't need to imply anything when they made it blatantly obvious to us who they are. They all have a huge Plasma logo on their clothes lol
  25. StallMandibuzz

StallMandibuzz

Team Plasma were completely honest with their plans from the beginning in BW, although I don't think even the Grunts or N knew what Ghetsis's plan was in the end. So I don't think that the new sect of Plasma are going to hide their intentions.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)