Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant wait for these games they are going to be awesome! that is an interasting point Wishy as they didnt have much of a role in black and whites story besides being N,s babysitters or whatever

I wonder if Anthea and Concordia will play a larger role. Were they Ghetsis' pawns, or were they in league with him and his plan for N?
I hope so. They seemed like they would be interesting characters, what with being in the opening movie for Black/White (I mean the movie you get when OU don't press start at the title screen), but all they did was...heal your Pokemon? That might have just been Anthea. Concordia...didn't really do much.

It would be nice to see them play a role in the next game. Maybe as aides along the way, sort of like spies or double agents. Either that, or have them working with N to bring down what's left of Team Plasma as revenge (assuming they are N's babysitters).

Also, Natural Harmonia Gropius is a crap name. He desperately needs a name that doesn't make him sound like some experimental android. Being brainwashed by Ghetsis while having the "grope" sound in your name doesn't help either.

That's because you catch the legendary and, as Cyrus once said, Pokéballs greatly diminish a pokémon's (or at least a legendary's) power. N didn't catch its dragon, just befriended it, so...
Therefore, N's Dragon OHKOs yours in the battle's first turn, seeing how you put yours in a Pokéball.

Oh wait, no he doesn't. I guess what Cyrus says applies only to the DPP legends, who should be able to shape the world itself, but in battles can be somehow defeated by stupid shit. The BW Dragons don't really have such powers (no time and space bullshit this time); they're just really strong dragons.

Therefore, N's Dragon OHKOs yours in the battle's first turn, seeing how you put yours in a Pokéball.

Oh wait, no he doesn't. I guess what Cyrus says applies only to the DPP legends, who should be able to shape the world itself, but in battles can be somehow defeated by stupid shit. The BW Dragons don't really have such powers (no time and space bullshit this time); they're just really strong dragons.
Or, more likely and tied to reality, seeing as N throws out a Pokéball containing his magic dragon right before he flys off into the sunset, the Champion's Pokémon were all weaker than his and he just beat them in battle. This keeps the thing Cyrus said true as well as actually reflecting what happens in the games.

Speaking of Dragons, I was thinking that you might not actually be able to capture Reshiram/Zekrom in BW2. The Hero of Unova has the opposite colored Legendary, while N has the matching Legendary and the one Kyurem absorbs. I mean, it's not like they've changed storylines before just to have more Pokémon available *coughEmbededTowercough* but it would let there be a real Version Exclusive Legendary this time, which would sorta line up with the Duality thing they're going for.

If the trailer is any inclination, this game will be FREAKING AWESOME! Pokemon World Championship, new alternate forms, and the return of Team Plasma....what's next?
Also, am I the only person who noticed that in the newest pictures from Serebii it shows the player using Typhlosion in Pokewood and Ho-Oh and Dialga versus Keldeo? Could it possibly mean that these Pokemon are available after completing the National Dex? Or did the player just import them from Gen IV? (Also, I think I saw another pic with Regigigas too)

If the trailer is any inclination, this game will be FREAKING AWESOME! Pokemon World Championship, new alternate forms, and the return of Team Plasma....what's next?
Also, am I the only person who noticed that in the newest pictures from Serebii it shows the player using Typhlosion in Pokewood and Ho-Oh and Dialga versus Keldeo? Could it possibly mean that these Pokemon are available after completing the National Dex? Or did the player just import them from Gen IV? (Also, I think I saw another pic with Regigigas too)
The Typhlosion is probably just from being transferred over

The Ho-oh & DIalga are nothing but link battles to demonstrate Keldeo's power.

This is just speculation but based on the new anime episodes to come out, could Homika be the new eighth gym instead of Iris? Ash opts to skip the Dragon gym and goes to a nearby gym.

Ns dragon is stronger than u dragon tho

This is just speculation but based on the new anime episodes to come out, could Homika be the new eighth gym instead of Iris? Ash opts to skip the Dragon gym and goes to a nearby gym.
I don't think we've ever had in game canon involving more than 8 gyms in one region. Sure, we've all seen the abundance of badges in the anime, but the games have never shown there to be more than 8 at any given point in time (some might close/open or be replaced, but no more than 8).

It is possible that since Iris ad Drayden were both leading the 8th Gym depending on what game was being played, that the gym has now been replaced, with a definitive leader this time.

Deaga said:

This might be stretching it a bit.

Cyrus states that pokeballs weaken a legendary's power, which is assumed to be true.

In that case, N's befriended Dragon is at maximum strength, and it breaks through Alder's team of pokemon easily.

Your Dragon in BW would be weakened by the pokeball.

Except that the pokeball weakened your dragon only by so much. That doesn't mean it will be OHKO'd by N's dragon any time soon. It just means that your Dragon has lost some of its power. Hell, pokemon is known for idiots defying the odds to win (see: Ash at any gym you care to mention). Just because your dragon has been weakened doesn't make it into an Archeops at under half health. It's still a legendary Dragon that can hold its own on a battlefield.

Either that or we could all assume Cyrus is crazy and not care about the games making sense or not (they run on freaking ice in the trailer.....).

Considering she has 2 Pokemon and is probably located in the industrial city near our new starting spot, going to guess not for the games.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I believe Homika was confirmed as the second gym leader; however, I can't seem to remember the source...

I believe Homika was confirmed as the second gym leader; however, I can't seem to remember the source...
Technically speaking, she isn't confirmed for any position. We originally thought she was the first leader, though.

But! Due to have 2 Pokemon and what we can make out of the second spot of the badge case, it's probably her.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
As you said, I think it was the crossbones (Koffing) on the second badge that led many to believe she was the second gym leader.

I don't think we've ever had in game canon involving more than 8 gyms in one region. Sure, we've all seen the abundance of badges in the anime, but the games have never shown there to be more than 8 at any given point in time (some might close/open or be replaced, but no more than 8).

It is possible that since Iris ad Drayden were both leading the 8th Gym depending on what game was being played, that the gym has now been replaced, with a definitive leader this time.

This might be stretching it a bit.

Cyrus states that pokeballs weaken a legendary's power, which is assumed to be true.

In that case, N's befriended Dragon is at maximum strength, and it breaks through Alder's team of pokemon easily.

Your Dragon in BW would be weakened by the pokeball.

Except that the pokeball weakened your dragon only by so much. That doesn't mean it will be OHKO'd by N's dragon any time soon. It just means that your Dragon has lost some of its power. Hell, pokemon is known for idiots defying the odds to win (see: Ash at any gym you care to mention). Just because your dragon has been weakened doesn't make it into an Archeops at under half health. It's still a legendary Dragon that can hold its own on a battlefield.

Either that or we could all assume Cyrus is crazy and not care about the games making sense or not (they run on freaking ice in the trailer.....).
Why is this still being debated? N's Dragon WAS IN A BALL!

[youtube]V0O3k2ZHm-Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=476s[/youtube]

^Right there at 7:55 in the video. Case closed.

I think that's just the Anime avoiding showing if Ash is in Black or White.

Ash encountered Zekrom in the first episode
He travels with Iris and absolutely nothing has shown her ever living in Opelucid
Version exclusive Pokemon all over

him being in Black or White means literally nothing.

Ash encountered Zekrom in the first episode
He travels with Iris and absolutely nothing has shown her ever living in Opelucid
Version exclusive Pokemon all over

him being in Black or White means literally nothing.
That's kind of the point. The Anime is designed so that Ash isn't in Black or White. But if it showed a version-exclusive location like Opelucid, it would have to show a design for it. All of this is multiple levels on the same thing.

Opelucid was version exclusive? Then what was the equivalent in white? Or are we just talking about the Gym Leaders here?
Opelucid's design is different between Black and White Version. In Black Version, it's a technological city that's forgotten it's past to strive for a brighter future. The only old building in the city is the Gym, and it looks like they're about to remodel that, too. (As far as I recall, I played White Version. Speaking of...).

In White Version, Opelucid is a town that honors the past so much that it hasn't changed much since ancient times. All the buildings are in an old style.

If the Anime went there, they'd have to pick one of the two designs, putting Ash in whatever version that reflected. No Opelucid? No problem.

EDIT: Crap, Ninja'd while I added pictures and stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)