1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Firestorm, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheapoman

Cheapoman

Quilver Dance:

Ludicolo
    Jynx
    Ledian
    Volbeat
    Illumise
    Grumpig

This would make me very happy. These pokemon are either bug type or associate themselves with dancing.
  2. Deaga

Deaga

Huh, what do you mean, exactly? We've been able to EV HP ever since Advance, when EVs were introduced.
  3. Tytus

Tytus

What a weird-ass name for an item... well, if it really is a "lunch" maybe it grants 20 EVs or something.
  4. Cheapoman

Cheapoman

There might be other items besides lunch that give other types of ev's to your pokemon. GF might be helping the competitive community with more items to quicken ev training.
  5. breh

breh ⁰ ゝ⁰
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

I'd assume that most of the Platinum tutors (at least, not the stupid ones like Uproar, Snore, etc.) and a few of the HGSS tutors (Super Fang and Low Kick, and, to a lesser extent, Pain Split, are the sole moves that don't suck) will return. Punches and Superpower seem to be near-guarantees, at least in my opinion.

Reflect Type is a move I hope to see a tutor for. The move has awful - and I mean awful - distribution, appearing on but 3 Pokemon, but it's a really cool move.

Going down the list of gen 5 moves, the following seem like nice candidates for Tutor moves:

Wide Guard
    Heavy Slam
    Electro Ball
    Soak (this one seems really likely given its really shitty distribution)
    Coil
    Acid Spray
    Simple Beam
    Clear Smog
    Reflect Type (REFLECT TYPE KECLEON)
    Hurricane

Oh, and sleep talk is pretty likely too.

Lastly, they better have a place to EV train defense in this game that doesn't suck. Wish that goddamn lunch gave defense and not HP...
  6. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus

From Iwata Asks: Pokemon Black and White 2

"Originally, one of the major reasons that we opted for a dual-sequeal was due to there being a little something that we wanted to add to Black and White during development, that we were unable to put in due to time constraints. Since we needed two titles in order to achieve this little something, we decided to make dual-sequels."

So what do you guys think is the new feature they had wanted to do in Black and White?
  7. Doughboy

Doughboy house of champions
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus

money?
  8. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

More time-traveling multi-forme Pikachu clones?
  9. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus

[​IMG]
  10. UberOwn

UberOwn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From the official website. Any one able to make a rough estimation for Black Kyurem and White Kyurem's base stats?
  11. deluge

deluge

*Bows*
    I wonder if Keldo gets any boost from the forme change.
    It seems likely that it's mostly cosmetic. Competitively, you'll always know when Keldeo is carrying Secret Sword.

Anyway, we're just a few days away from a boatload of info.
    Can't wait to know the new Formes' (Kyurem, Kami bests etc.) stats and movepools.

EDIT@UberOwn:
    I don't know any Japanese so I can't read the natures or even tell if they're there (lol)
    But 182 is max SpA at level 50 for base 130 stats given a neutral nature and full EV investment (+ perfect IVs).
    So if White Kyurem has 183 SpA at level 50 without a boosting nature it definitely has higher than base 130 SpA.
    We've suspected the Kyurem Formes will have base 150 in the relevant offensive stats to account for the 'missing' 20 points of Kyurem's 660 BST.
  12. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Resolution Keldeo, obviously
  13. Bossness

Bossness

Looking at Zekrom's stats, it looks like its using a modest nature. The highlighted part means that the corresponding Kyurem form is using the same nature, right? Modest Zekrom has 144 attack while the kyurem forme has 180. Thats crazy, it soars way above 150, which may mean that the base attack stat is around 170. I didnt do any calculations, just stating whats apparent. Could someone translate this? Also notice that the base special attack stat is lower than zekrom's, ie it is <120. I guess its true that these are the strongest dragons. Highest was physical/special base 150 for dragons. This guarantees the formes' departure from OU. I mean we couldnt keep Deoxys-N so I dont see how its usable here.

Ok. So we see here, by seeing zekrom's stats, that it has higher special attack which mean that kyurem has <120. While the base attack is higher. So stats could be --> 125hp/170atk/90def/110Satk/90sdef/95spe.

EDIT: I was just about to edit my post when I realised that the highlighted part is the ability. I got ninja'd by the guy below.
    After thoroughly looking through the stats, the possible natures are like this:
    Zekrom: Modest
    Sparkling Zekrom(forgot the full name): Naughty/Adamant(unlikely)
    Reshiram: Gentle
    Burning Reshiram: Rash/Modest(unlikely yet again).
    Btw if the natures are the ones suggested by me, than these formes have the usual base 150 atk/satk

EDIT 2: Come on guys comment on this. There are like 33 users reading this thread.
  14. R_N

R_N

the circled part is the ability, not the nature.
    As for nature, that is specifically the stat screen shown in battle so sadly there's no way for us to know without guessing based on the stats..
  15. AvatarMew

And.the.ivs.are.not.31...

Kyreum.doesn't.have.90.defrnses.I.don't.think.120.is.TOO.high...
    Also.the.attack.stat.of.White.Kyerm.isn't.130...
    Noprmal.Kyrem.has.135.attack.with.0.ivs.
    Normal.Kyurem.has.95.defneses.with.0.ivs...
    As.for.the.speed.I.don't.know
    Edit:Resh.is.a.Gentle.nature.with.26/31/10/5/11/18
    Zekrom:Modest:26/11/31/16/11/27
  16. R_N

R_N

In Sacred Beast/Dream Radar news:
    -! Anything from the Dream Radar will have their Hidden Abilities !
    -From the looks of things, however, the Sacred Beast formes only have 1 ability (but will keep track of Hidden ones when changed)
    -The Mirror is a key item, so don't need to hold the thing
    -Birdorus has the best sprite sorry guys
    [​IMG]
  17. bluemon

bluemon

that is a great sprite.

Edit: At this point, i think the Dream Radar allows you to catch 5th gen Dream World Ability Pokemon.
  18. Swagodile

Swagodile

Keldeo can only be in Resolution Form when it knows Secret Sword. When Secret Sword is deleted, it reverts to its original form.

This means that regular Keldeo can't use it, and has to rely on Focus Blast.
  19. deluge

deluge

Best news bolded!
    Here comes Scarf-Intimidate Jaguaros and Leftovers/Regeneration Birdorus.
  20. -NLMRY-

-NLMRY-

Oops, I wasn't thinking. I got it confused with natures, which don't effect HP, but w/e
  21. R_N

R_N

Usual Keldeo is still available in BW1.

But more to the point, it is almost certainly just an aesthetic change done for flavor in how far Keldeo has come as an apprentice
  22. The Diverman

The Diverman

The medals act like achievements.

Well I know what I'll be doing after I beat the game.
  23. Bossness

Bossness

Basically a more detailed version of what I posted earlier. I got the natures right. Yipee. Someone try using pokegen to get a level 50 kyurem. That way we can compare them better. Assuming Black Kyurem has 150 base attack, its possibly has 18 ivs with a boosting nature.
  24. AvatarMew

Mhm.I'm.guessing.that.there.HAS.to.e.a.defense.increase.as.normla.Kyurem.has.110.defense.with.31.ivs.and.a.neatural.nature.Or.has.a.defesne.increasing.nature.
  25. Cherub Agent

Cherub Agent how lonely is the night without the howl of the wolf
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Imagine OMASTAR! I can imagine it quivering those tentacles (sounds wrong). Instead of the suicidal SS set, you could use Omastar in the Sand with Leftovers and actually make extremely good use of his bulk (physical bulk is already great, and special bulk is boosted by Sand and QD). I'd love that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)