Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go as far as to give the base stats a guess (don't shoot me)

125/150/90/130/90/95 (680 BST) Kyurem-Z.
125/130/90/150/90/95 (680 BST) Kyurem-R.

Personally, I feel it may gain the highest offensive stat of his brethren, and keep the rest.

Typing (and ability) on the other hand...still up in the air.

And to those who are yelling at the poor guy who said the 3DS isn't selling well... he may not be right, but the fact is more people own a DS than a 3DS right now, and it makes sense to launch it for DS for that reason and because the other two games were on DS as well.

Then again, if you're going to give the games essentially the same titles... putting a 3DS version out there would boost 3DS sales.

EDIT: Agree with above. As I was going to suggest, Kyurem-Z and Kyurem-R. Ninja'd again.

The official screenshot does say something about "play this on the 3ds as well"
That's because 3DS is backwards-compatible. The US site confirms that you can't play the games in 3D, and if they couldn't add that they likely couldn't add anything else.

This is stupid. They should be making these games exclusively for the 3DS at this point.

And Nintendo wonders why the 3DS isnt selling well...
First of all, the 3DS is sell well now, especially in Japan.

Second, Nintendo has no control over Game Freak. The most Nintendo would have been able to do was threaten not to localize it, which wouldn't have helped anyone.

Game Freak said before that they 3DS was proving to be a challenge for them. They obviously can't go three years without releasing a single game (and Nintendo is in no position to bail them out), so they had to get a stopgap game out. Based on the anime's pace, Gen 6 on 3DS is coming in June 2013 in Japan for sure, so it's just one more year. (Well, closer to two everywhere else.)

My guess for base stats of Kyurem-Z:
110/150/90/125/90/95 (650 BST) (lower than original Kyurem because these stats already feel broken... imagine putting the other 10 stat points in speed... and Kyurem-Z getting Fusion Bolt/Bolt Strike through event...)

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm almost sure (it's not confirmed) that Kyurem-W will be Ice/Fire unfortunately...
I say this because "Ice Burn" doesn't sound like a Dragon/Fire move.
Oh well...

Ice/Electric isn't weak to bullet punch :)
But will it be physical or special :O
Will Gamefreak change the stats of the formes? (I say yes citing Meloetta and Giratina as evidence)
If they do, will it be Kyurem-Zekrom that gets physical and is forced to use Wild Charge if Bolt Strike or Fusion Bolt is not released via event? Or will Kyur-om be forced to use its lesser stat for a special set to encorporate STAB BoltBeam?

And which one is Kyurem-B and which one is Kyurem-W anyways? Remember, Reshiram was the cover of Pokemon BLACK and Zekrom was the cover of Pokemon WHITE.

SO MANY QUESTIONS
This is the most likely Gamefreak logic thing that will happen:

Both formes are Dragon/Ice with the addition of the signature moves from Reshiram and Zekrom depending on which one it is,as well as the respective 140 bp ice move.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Slightly off topic:

I'm really hoping that in B2/W2 there will be a way to change the Meloetta forms without using Relic Song.

SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!

On a competitive note, hopefully Kyurem will be a lot better now.
Kyurem is pretty good right now... Especially the sub set in hail. If anything, Kyurem might get worst; Fire + Ice gets destroyed by Stealth Rock.

Wonder how we're gonna catch those things. Are they going to do rotom form switch (as in get kyurem and then expose it to dark/light ball) or will we have to catch them as they are? I'd rather do the former.

^

Another thing: has anyone realized that Kyurem-Z is probably going to have stab Bolt-Beam with stronger moves? That's going to be epic.

Maybe it'll be like 'x amount of years later' after the events in b&w like g/s/c was to r/b/g/y with Ghetsis coming out of hiding with an improved Team Plasma + 6 new sages and N and/or black/white come to stop him. Idk just hypothesizing about it won't know until the new game comes out. :s

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Serebii said:
Edit: Junichi Masuda has revealed the names of Kyurem's new forms via his Twitter account. The forms are simply called Black Kyurem & White Kyurem, though he interestingly lists them as seperate[sic] Pokémon
I find this bit very interesting.

Maybe the Kyurems will have different moves besides Cold Flare & Freeze Bolt. Maybe something akin to an evolution will happen and you will be stuck with either Black K or White K. Or maybe it'll be a misunderstanding and they'll end up like A-Rotom in Gen. 4.

In any case, I'll be taking White Kyurem.

On another matter, I hope they fix some movepools in this sequel (C'mon, give the likes of Zekrom Earthquake!). I mean, they gave Sunflora Earth Power in HGSS for no apparent reason.

Oh, and who thinks that Meloetta's unconfirmed sighting will be real?

It would be awesome if it was on 3DS and had BResk graphics.

You know what they might do though: they might have one for DS and one for 3DS. (kind of like Mystery Dungion Red and Blue)

Sorry for not looking here first, Firestorm. Thanks for the link.

Is there any info on whether they're releasing anything new regarding species aside from what seems to be like new Formes if not hybrids of the BW legendaries?

People who have been playing pokemon on the ds since sinnoh would be pretty pissed if the new pokemon game came out for 3ds. You'd have to go and get a whole new handheld. And it's not like you can't play ds games on 3ds anyway. Everyone has access to it this way. No one is "missing out on sales" for the 3ds at all.

So anyway, since it's 2 and not a third adaptation like emerald or platinum, I'm looking forward to a new storyline playthrough experience. With the nature vs man aspect of black and white, I'd guess that black 2 will be some time in the future after black, and white 2 could be in the past before white maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)