Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
So anyone find it odd that the Sewaddle was level 2 but the Twins' sunkern were level 9?

Level 9 or so trainers are typically on maybe route 3. By which point Level 2s are long gone.
there was also a growlithe at level 13 or so, the shown stuff is probably not all from the same route

Rapid Spin Sunkern? Well, Sunflora can see some use now as a Rapid Spinner, I guess.
In addition to what Tytus said, No. Simply No.

More on topic: What stats do you guys think the new forms will have? I, myself, am thinking Speed and Atk/SpAtk respectively. This would open up some doors by giving us a reason to use them over Kyurem for reasons other than the charge attacks, which, if the case, would simply make them original Kyurem copies. Hopefully, they'll recieve other new moves as well, which would certainly help. The thought of a Scarf Black-Kyurem letting loose Fusion Bolt on Skarmory brings a tear to my eye.

I'm probably reading too much into this, but they seem to be avoiding the inclusion of Hoenn pokemon in these games. They specifically mentioned HeartGold/SoulSilver and FireRed/LeafGreen when they cut to Sunkern and Growlithe, respectively, but there don't seem to be any Hoenn pokemon other than those already present in Black and White. Just saying.

As a sidenote, the level discrepancy between that Sewaddle and the trainers seems strange but it may just be a coincidence. That or the range of wild pokemon levels has been expanded.

breh

強いだね
I'm probably reading too much into this, but they seem to be avoiding the inclusion of Hoenn pokemon in these games. They specifically mentioned HeartGold/SoulSilver and FireRed/LeafGreen when they cut to Sunkern and Growlithe, respectively, but there don't seem to be any Hoenn pokemon other than those already present in Black and White. Just saying.

As a sidenote, the level discrepancy between that Sewaddle and the trainers seems strange but it may just be a coincidence. That or the range of wild pokemon levels has been expanded.
They mentioned metagross before, iirc. Granted, it is in the game, but only the postgame.

They mentioned metagross before, iirc. Granted, it is in the game, but only the postgame.
I think that's what IcyMan meant; only Hoenn Pokemon that were available postgame in Black and White will be available pre-national dex in BW2. There's a somewhat short list of Pokemon who weren't available at all in Black and White, but even according to the list below that theory doesn't hold up. Eevee is shown as one of the Pokemon obtainable and it was unobtainable even postgame in BW1.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/unobtainable.shtml

I don't think there's any pattern we can judge right now. Eevee is a special case, but I'm sure there are a slew of Pokemon that weren't in Unova before. The Growlithe line is another example.

I'm not saying that pokemon not in BW1 can't be in BW2's pre-national dex, I'm saying that they seem to be staying away from including Hoenn pokemon or at least showcasing them if they weren't already known to be present in BW1. Kind of like how DPPt had a pretty large variety of Kanto/Hoenn pokemon after the E4, but they reserved many Johto pokemon for HGSS.

I think that's what IcyMan meant; only Hoenn Pokemon that were available postgame in Black and White will be available pre-national dex in BW2. There's a somewhat short list of Pokemon who weren't available at all in Black and White, but even according to the list below that theory doesn't hold up. Eevee is shown as one of the Pokemon obtainable and it was unobtainable even postgame in BW1.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/unobtainable.shtml

I don't think there's any pattern we can judge right now. Eevee is a special case, but I'm sure there are a slew of Pokemon that weren't in Unova before. The Growlithe line is another example.

This list is just wrong because most of this pokemon are catch-able on Dream world, and dream world IS part of pokemon BW

This list is just wrong because most of this pokemon are catch-able on Dream world, and dream world IS part of pokemon BW
Why would Dream World Pokemon find their way into the region of Unova? Dream World is a separate place. Pokemon only obtainable in Dream World won't be a part of the regional dex...

I'm sorry if I sound like Scumbag Steve when i'm saying this, but this thread should be about BW2 speculation AND discussion. The last few pages I've read are all about these 3DS things which we shouldn't even care about. Also things like Global Link updates like DFang posted, it's not bad to get to know this, but come on, let's remember what this thread is about.

Thanks and sorry for disrupting anything.

I'm sorry if I sound like Scumbag Steve when i'm saying this, but this thread should be about BW2 speculation AND discussion. The last few pages I've read are all about these 3DS things which we shouldn't even care about. Also things like Global Link updates like DFang posted, it's not bad to get to know this, but come on, let's remember what this thread is about.

Thanks and sorry for disrupting anything.
One of those 3DS things directly interacts with BW2
It's fairly relevant.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know if the vs seeker will be returning in this game?? It would be nice if trainers like the guy with 6 magikarp from 4th gen returned to make EV training easier.

One of those 3DS things directly interacts with BW2
It's fairly relevant.
I know, I read those pages of the thread just as carefully as you did. I'm not saying it's IRrelevant, I guess I'm just a little annoyed by how much you guys discussed that ONE pic of Articuno/any other Flying-type Pokemon, because I don't think that ONE thing is very relevant to BW2... The mention of the announcement of those apps is a good thing, bt the whole thing behind it and that one picture was a little too much for me. I think you get my point.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know if the vs seeker will be returning in this game?? It would be nice if trainers like the guy with 6 magikarp from 4th gen returned to make EV training easier.
Nope, we don't know anything about any items or anything like that. The only items to be CONFIRMED in the game are Poké Balls (seen in the battle videos, if I'm not mistaken).

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I know, I read those pages of the thread just as carefully as you did. I'm not saying it's IRrelevant, I guess I'm just a little annoyed by how much you guys discussed that ONE pic of Articuno/any other Flying-type Pokemon, because I don't think that ONE thing is very relevant to BW2... The mention of the announcement of those apps is a good thing, bt the whole thing behind it and that one picture was a little too much for me. I think you get my point.
If you don't like the subject, you either leave the thread for a while or change the subject. This is a BW2 thread, that AR/Articuno??? thing is totally relevant to BW2, the Global Link is relevant to BW2. Specially when we have, like, zero new info.

Really, as you said, you got a little annoyed. You. A little. Annoyed. That's not reason enough to anyone stop talking about those things.

If you don't like the subject, you either leave the thread for a while or change the subject. This is a BW2 thread, that AR/Articuno??? thing is totally relevant to BW2, the Global Link is relevant to BW2. Specially when we have, like, zero new info.

Really, as you said, you got a little annoyed. You. A little. Annoyed. That's not reason enough to anyone stop talking about those things.
You're making this too unpleasant haha, I'm not telling anyone what to do. You're right when you say that there is no news so we just talk about that Articuno, but I personally think that whether it's an Articuno or something else (about 3 pages discussion on this thread) is really NOT relevant to BW2.
I guess i'm just a little frustrated by the lack of news, that's all, but why should we care which poke it is in that picture? I mean, I think we can unanimously agree that they won't add new pokes mid-gen, so fuck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)