1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Firestorm, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamlunches

hamlunches

I hope the RNG for this is as easy as BW...
  2. Dark Ray

Dark Ray Here to bug you
    is a Pre-Contributor

The AR Searcher IS related, saying it isn't would be like saying the Pokewalker has nothing to do with HG/SS, the new Global link and DW ARE related, they can interact directly with B2/W2 and could very well be considered a feature of the games. Not to mention the fact that the last few pages of discussion have been more intelligent than the whole "omgz! teh new prof is N/Kyurem/Champion/Frontier Brain" baseless speculation that some people have been doing.

I think the news about the Global Link is very interesting, it supports my theory that the new Prof will NOT be a DW tutor, there wouldn't be much point in making a new area when everyone can just DWify their old Pokemon now would there?
    I also think it could hint at 5th gen Pokemon appearing in the DW finally, looking at the list of DW Pokemon we don't have yet there aren't that many Ice types, this could mean that Cold Cave will be more cave than cold, or it could mean we'll finally get stuff like Swift Swim Beartic.
  3. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

That would be extremely annoying, honestly, because it gets SR too. Can't use Flamethrower to take down Mamo. Have to use Focus Miss. Ugh.

Professor Akuroma will probably just be the new Fennel cause if you haven't noticed, Striaton City is frozen over and the Professor shows up in what looks like the 2nd city of the game.
    http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/achroma2.png
    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/01/Unova_B2W2.png
    Note the road going through the city in both pics.

[​IMG]

Or more realistically:

[​IMG]

Zubats. Every space you walk that would normally have no Pokemon or Items will be a Zubat. Repels have no effect in DW. No hope.
  4. mew420

mew420

i'll second that.
  5. SuperJOCKE

SuperJOCKE Deleting...
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

I thought we had made the conclusion that the ice is fake and is only used by Game Freak to cover up areas we aren't supposed to see yet and/or are available after the main storyline.
  6. Charon

Charon

Are you sure? Its not like the even the clouds are visible through the ice. /sarcasm
    XD
  7. The Diverman

The Diverman

Well we will be getting scans for the new Corocoro in a couple of days, so hopefully it put that discussion to rest. I just hope it has that and answers what that silhouette is, because I'm tired of discussing those two things. I WANT THE TRUTH!
  8. Destiny Warrior

Destiny Warrior also known as Darkwing_Duck
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Couple of days? This is way too early for CoroCoro leaks. The magazine releases on the 15th, so leaks are likely to come by say, the 11th(very optimistic) or the 12th/13th(realistic). Till then, let's sit back and chill.

The cover can come out as early as the 10th though I believe.
  9. The Diverman

The Diverman

It has actually came out earlier than that before, I think it was around the 8th. :P (Also, I think 8 is a low enough number to use the word couple, but whatever)
  10. JumpTigerX

JumpTigerX

theres no pokemon smash today?
  11. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Jack of All Trades

Pokemon Smash aired last night but it did not reveal anything about BW2.
  12. The Cicada

The Cicada

anything new?
  13. Zowayix

Zowayix

Expect to receive nothing new until around May 12th or 13th when CoroCoro is likely to leak.
  14. Unbreakable

Unbreakable

AM was raving in the chat about how one of the Kyurem formes had 160 spa and 140 speed or something insane like that. I thought he was trolling and got kicked for it...oh well. It is kind of hard to swallow, though.
  15. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

False. The definition of "a couple" is "two." No more, no less. Perhaps you were thinking of "a few?"
  16. Thought

Thought

No way it can have that great of a Speed and SpA combo... Is there even a Pokemon out there that can match that? Excluding Deoxys because that guy can't take a hit and I wouldn't count it anyways, I mean... That flat out just beats Mewtwo then. (Of course, not REALLY, there's other things to consider but wow, you're right, its hard to swallow.)
  17. The Diverman

The Diverman

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/couple
    Show Hide
    Definition of COUPLE

a : two persons married, engaged, or otherwise romantically paired b : two persons paired together

: pair, brace

: something that joins or links two things together: as a : two equal and opposite forces that act along parallel lines b : a pair of substances that in contact with an electrolyte participate in a transfer of electrons which causes an electric current to flow

: an indefinite small number

So what does everyone want to see in the Corocoro? I'm for more info on this new(?) evil team.
  18. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

Merriam-Webster adds definitions to words when they're misused often enough. For instance, according to them, "literally" actually means both what it's supposed to mean and the opposite of what it's supposed to mean. So I don't really trust that definition. Check other dictionaries, "a couple" means "two."
  19. DarkMaelstrom

DarkMaelstrom

That isn't confirmed, though, is it? In my opinion, I think a Kyurem with such amazing offensive stats would be awesome. I really like Kyurem for some reason, but I feel like it would be too good to exist. Almost as strong as Deoxys-A, but Deoxys-A has absolutely no bulk. Kyurem has that bulk. With offenses that good...wow. I imagine it would still have some of its prior limitations, though. I don't really think Game Freak would make something that powerful and with such bulk.
  20. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I don't see how it could be confirmed. The only things we have to go on are the battles against Reshiram & Serperior
  21. satchmo

satchmo

Glad to see nothing new came out whilst I was away. Is this silhouette the same one in the presumed living room with the picture mini-game thing?
  22. Tyranitarphantom

Tyranitarphantom

New formes confirmed. Let the speculating madness begin
  23. Exploits

Exploits

[​IMG]

Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landorus have new forms according to Serebii.
  24. AfroThunderRule

AfroThunderRule *yawn* ez
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Okay now it starts getting interesting. Tornadus. <3
  25. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

So I guess one of those are the "bird" we saw in the AR Searcher pics.

I have to say that while I think it's interesting I'm kind of baffled as to why. Nothing hinted towards this at all-- the code didn't even have anything to say!

edit: Hm.
    Only Tornadus looks directly like a bird. The other two don't have wings; some think that thunder might be a dragon, landorus a turtle...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)