1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Firestorm, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unbreakable

Unbreakable

AM was raving in the chat about how one of the Kyurem formes had 160 spa and 140 speed or something insane like that. I thought he was trolling and got kicked for it...oh well. It is kind of hard to swallow, though.
  2. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

False. The definition of "a couple" is "two." No more, no less. Perhaps you were thinking of "a few?"
  3. Thought

Thought

No way it can have that great of a Speed and SpA combo... Is there even a Pokemon out there that can match that? Excluding Deoxys because that guy can't take a hit and I wouldn't count it anyways, I mean... That flat out just beats Mewtwo then. (Of course, not REALLY, there's other things to consider but wow, you're right, its hard to swallow.)
  4. The Diverman

The Diverman

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/couple
    Show Hide
    Definition of COUPLE

a : two persons married, engaged, or otherwise romantically paired b : two persons paired together

: pair, brace

: something that joins or links two things together: as a : two equal and opposite forces that act along parallel lines b : a pair of substances that in contact with an electrolyte participate in a transfer of electrons which causes an electric current to flow

: an indefinite small number

So what does everyone want to see in the Corocoro? I'm for more info on this new(?) evil team.
  5. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

Merriam-Webster adds definitions to words when they're misused often enough. For instance, according to them, "literally" actually means both what it's supposed to mean and the opposite of what it's supposed to mean. So I don't really trust that definition. Check other dictionaries, "a couple" means "two."
  6. DarkMaelstrom

DarkMaelstrom

That isn't confirmed, though, is it? In my opinion, I think a Kyurem with such amazing offensive stats would be awesome. I really like Kyurem for some reason, but I feel like it would be too good to exist. Almost as strong as Deoxys-A, but Deoxys-A has absolutely no bulk. Kyurem has that bulk. With offenses that good...wow. I imagine it would still have some of its prior limitations, though. I don't really think Game Freak would make something that powerful and with such bulk.
  7. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I don't see how it could be confirmed. The only things we have to go on are the battles against Reshiram & Serperior
  8. satchmo

satchmo

Glad to see nothing new came out whilst I was away. Is this silhouette the same one in the presumed living room with the picture mini-game thing?
  9. Tyranitarphantom

Tyranitarphantom

New formes confirmed. Let the speculating madness begin
  10. Exploits

Exploits

[​IMG]

Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landorus have new forms according to Serebii.
  11. AfroThunderRule

AfroThunderRule *yawn* ez
    is a Tiering Contributor

Okay now it starts getting interesting. Tornadus. <3
  12. R_N

R_N

So I guess one of those are the "bird" we saw in the AR Searcher pics.

I have to say that while I think it's interesting I'm kind of baffled as to why. Nothing hinted towards this at all-- the code didn't even have anything to say!

edit: Hm.
    Only Tornadus looks directly like a bird. The other two don't have wings; some think that thunder might be a dragon, landorus a turtle...
  13. SuperJOCKE

SuperJOCKE Lowtier Warrior!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I hope it is real, because Thundurus is dope. I'm also asking the question "why?", but at the same time it is kinda good since they were a little too human-like imo. Not as much as Sawk or Throh though (those two are creepy, especially in the animé).
  14. Cheapoman

Cheapoman

Saw the news on Serebii a few minutes ago. Would be interesting if these new forms need special hold items like Gira did in Plat. Would the BST be the same or would these new forms have a higher or lower total (Remember the BST of Gira didn't change so prolly not).
  15. bluemon

bluemon

okay. WHATT THE FUUUUU..

my god.

lol.

i have no words.

i think they are animal counterparts since genies can transform. but WHAT

WHY WHAT HOW WHATFFFF

edit: [​IMG]

It ALL makes sense now...
  16. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Thank god I wasn't drinking anything when I saw the news because I flipped for a second. Did NOT expect to see....THAT!

Does that make Tornadus a literal "birdman?"
    Does Thundurus have a cloud claw? Cyclohm? Please!?

As long as they tone down AltThundurus' Speed stat, I'm happy. Just let use keep that Priority T-Wave in OU this time.
  17. bluemon

bluemon

Landorus is so ugly. it looks like a retarded owl. I approve of tornadus and thudurus tho.

Does this mean the banlist will reset for thundurus?
  18. Cheapoman

Cheapoman

It might. Especially if move tutors and such are thrown in as well as the remaining DW pokes left to become available.
  19. R_N

R_N

I can't even tell what Landorus is. All I can make out is his head and one of his legs (I THINK?)
  20. bluemon

bluemon

i think you are right about the bird/turtle/dragon....

we can clearly see tornadus's wings and bird form,

turtles are ugly and they do have beaks (and they have arms kinda like this landorus)

and tornadus's snout is dragonly.

once again, tornadus got the short end of the stick, if their typings change. (maybe flying, rock/ground, electric/dragon)

and once again, tornadus is the coolest.

Edit: WTF are those EARS on LANDORUS?

god...
  21. R_N

R_N

In a twist of fate, Tornadus will become Normal/Flying because Troll Freak gonna troll
  22. bluemon

bluemon

oh god. that would suck.

or maybe.... fighting/flying.

that would be the best thing ever.
  23. Cheapoman

Cheapoman

Gains Aura sphere, Air slash, and Nature Power with the new form. Do it Gamefreak.
  24. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

The new forme definitely, just like how the Rotom and Deoxys are treated as separate Pokemon.

As for the origin of these formes:

Landorus: Inari the Kami of Ferility is commonly depicted as a fox.
    Thundurus: Ryujin, "dragon kami," is a water kami often connected with Raijin, the Kami of Thunder, who brings forth rain and lightning. (Closest thing I could find)
    Tornadus: Absolutely no idea here. Fujin, the Kami he's based off of, has no connection to birds. He's probably a bird just because Flying-type. *shrugs*

We'll see when the full art gets leaked but I'll stick with Bird, Dragon, and a Fox for the alt formes until then..
  25. bluemon

bluemon

tornadus already has air slash

but nature power would be broken... (it would make sense flavor wise tho)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)