Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Second image from Pokebeach. Guess it's not Team Rocket after all.
Oh. These guys look badass.

Why are there uniforms different from the other members of Team Plasma? We've seen both types in games so far. Maybe these black-garbed members are the new line of Team Plasma, while the 'knights' are just leftover members trying to hold onto their ideals with the sages?

That trailer has me so freakin' hyped. Just an FYI guys, that trailer is for the games. It is not anime related. Unfortunately the Pokemon anime will continue being shite.

May I say this was the coolest motherfugging thing I've seen this week?

Yeah.

ARCANINE REPRESENT.

(also you can hear the fangs practically tearing into Seviper's skin. Hot damn.)
Arcanine has been my favourite pokemon since RBY for a reason :happybrain:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Epic trailer.

But the scene with the frozen city really nagged me. I live in a place where ice covers the ground one third of the year, and I should know for sure that it's hella impossible to jump off stairs like that and land properly without slipping. Running is also totally out of the question.

Still... epic trailer.

Epic trailer.

But the scene with the frozen city really nagged me. I live in a place where ice covers the ground one third of the year, and I should know for sure that it's hella impossible to jump off stairs like that and land properly without slipping. Running is also totally out of the question.

Still... epic trailer.
Yeah, that bugged me too. Even light frost makes the ground slippy, and that looked like an ice rink!

On another note: Who wants a translation?

Also, someone posted the vid on Tumblr. Either Pokemon Co. failed badly, or this was intentional, cause now everyone has pretty much seen it.

Holy crap, that was just a trailer for the games? THAT was a game trailer? Holy fucking balls, I don't think I've ever seen a trailer that epic before.

Seriously though, if the anime was like that trainer, I'd watch it. That is what a Pokemon anime SHOULD be like.

But yeah, this shit is going to be epic. I don't know if I've ever been so pumped for a Pokemon game release.

You guys forget that Pkmn anime is meant to be seen by kids, and clearly kids are happy with what the anime is like now. If they would change the whole story formula, deleting Ash&Co, the risk of losing loads of (young) fans would be too high... In the end they're mostly in it for the money anyway.

Now, back to trailer itself, i simply agree with all of you, that shit was epic. I really do hope that the game itself WILL be as epic as we expect, or that we'll end up disappointed (for me, i'm really curious what Team Plasma's role will be, and who leads them, what their objective is now, if they have split up like someone already speculated...).

But there's another thing which I immediately thought of when I saw the trailer, and that is that, well, in the last part of the trailer they're in an iced-over area... So, WILL there be frozen areas and cities or NOT? I really can't tell, that map with all the fake ice on it is bugging me even more now. Also, that place didn't look like Castelia city to me (like someone mentioned, i think). I'm expecting it's driftveil, cause i saw an orange building... boh. Really, i'm curious about the ice and team plasma, and of course what the game will be like.

Autumn gets closer and closer by the day...

The video keeps getting removed from everywhere, could somebody reupload it? Pretty please
I'm having the same problem, I'd really like to see it.

Oh also, could someone repost the pictures and such relating to this "World Tournament" thing. It sounds cool, but I can't seem to find any pictures on it, thanks.

Just a little tidbit. For those who are thinking "you cant run on ice!", it is possible it wasn't ice, it may have been a glass of some sort (which iirc happened in the movie with Entei, where the place turned into a glassy zone that wasn't ice or at least didn't behave like ice). That would explain how it's possible to run and land on it. Yeah, not the best explanation, but possible.

I still don't believe the map was real ice. It was obviously fake ice. And this doesn't lead me to believe the region is frozen over either. Rather, the trailers makes me thing there'll be an event which causes the region to be frozen, be that literally or in time or whatever. But not permanently. Hell, they could blame that on one form of Kyurem being "out of balance" with the other and the result is the region freezing or something stupid like that.

Also, Pirates are intimidating but stupid. The grunts just stood by as Arcanine completely destroyed Seviper, and Samurott was allowed to attack when the grunts had lots of time to recover from shock and counterattack.

That said, cool trailer. Only part I didn't like is Elesa's segment, which is sad because she was probably one of the better gym leaders in Unova for at least having something slightly unique (we've never had an Electric trainer with much style before, only strength (Surge) and depression (Volkner) about her. But the catwalk has taken her from unique to "eh, seen it before". I know she was a model even in BW1, but the catwalk just makes it too obvious. Get back to the Pokemon, damnit. I don't care about fashion in video games about fictional creatures which I can own. I want to see them fight and I want to see some Pokemon fainting. Not some fashion show.

Just a little tidbit. For those who are thinking "you cant run on ice!", it is possible it wasn't ice, it may have been a glass of some sort (which iirc happened in the movie with Entei, where the place turned into a glassy zone that wasn't ice or at least didn't behave like ice). That would explain how it's possible to run and land on it. Yeah, not the best explanation, but possible.

I still don't believe the map was real ice. It was obviously fake ice. And this doesn't lead me to believe the region is frozen over either. Rather, the trailers makes me thing there'll be an event which causes the region to be frozen, be that literally or in time or whatever. But not permanently. Hell, they could blame that on one form of Kyurem being "out of balance" with the other and the result is the region freezing or something stupid like that.

Also, Pirates are intimidating but stupid. The grunts just stood by as Arcanine completely destroyed Seviper, and Samurott was allowed to attack when the grunts had lots of time to recover from shock and counterattack.

That said, cool trailer. Only part I didn't like is Elesa's segment, which is sad because she was probably one of the better gym leaders in Unova for at least having something slightly unique (we've never had an Electric trainer with much style before, only strength (Surge) and depression (Volkner) about her. But the catwalk has taken her from unique to "eh, seen it before". I know she was a model even in BW1, but the catwalk just makes it too obvious. Get back to the Pokemon, damnit. I don't care about fashion in video games about fictional creatures which I can own. I want to see them fight and I want to see some Pokemon fainting. Not some fashion show.
Maybe they just want to appeal more to girls.

It's the Plasma Grunt battle music from BW, only better.
For comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Q1Ni4v6YY
Oh yeah, though I heard something like the battle music before. Now i'm really hoping that stays as a new plasma theme. Also plasma theme playing during the battle on the ship really does imply these new outfitted people are Plasma (at least in some form).

May I say this was the coolest motherfugging thing I've seen this week?

Yeah.

ARCANINE REPRESENT.

(also you can hear the fangs practically tearing into Seviper's skin. Hot damn.)
That was amazing. And now I can watch it repeatedly lol.

You know the video will go up for real in like less than 12 hours
could always just wait for then rather than jumping from mirror to mirror

Joke's on us when the storyline is linear, predictable, and not what GF made it out to be. That could happen, but I would really like to believe otherwise.

As for the World Tournament...we're fighting Gym Leaders, so it would make sense if they all use pokemon of a specialized type, right? As far as battle facility trainers go, that wouldn't be very interesting, but if they didn't specialize in a type, that kind of defeats the concept of them being gym leaders. I wonder what GF will do about that?

EDIT: Arcanine is now my new favorite pokemon :)

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I remember watching the video for the first time yesterday and just thinking "well this is awesome but chances are that the in-game counterparts of these events are not going to look as amazing." I really don't think a battle between Seviper and Arcanine is going to be as thrilling in-game!

Oh well, the game will still rule and the video was amazing. The scene on the ship was definitely the best part. Can't wait.

Joke's on us when the storyline is linear, predictable, and not what GF made it out to be. That could happen, but I would really like to believe otherwise.
Has the stuff presented appeared to be nonlinear and unpredictable? I would say no!

You guys forget that Pkmn anime is meant to be seen by kids, and clearly kids are happy with what the anime is like now. If they would change the whole story formula, deleting Ash&Co, the risk of losing loads of (young) fans would be too high... In the end they're mostly in it for the money anyway.
They can always make a new series that is targeted for a more mature audience while simultaneously running the kid friendly version. It's not out of their realm to have a spin off series after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)