Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I'm still on the fence as to whether these should be DS or 3DS. I mean, from my own point of view I would have preferred a 3DS game since it would have looked amazing even if you don't play with the 3D effect on. It could also have potential to interact with Pokedex 3D. For example, you could encounter a pokemon in the main games which would cause it to appear in Pokedex 3D. On the other hand, I can see some people are still choosing not to buy the 3DS for whatever reason, so it is safer to make them DS. Plus, the developers weren't exactly going to make 3DS pokemon games to be released in June and then say "you have 4 months to buy the console before the games get released".

Stealth Rock D:
I don't care. That's just too cool (hot?) of a type combination.

Though, yeah, it would definitely be RU at best.

I'm still on the fence as to whether these should be DS or 3DS. I mean, from my own point of view I would have preferred a 3DS game since it would have looked amazing even if you don't play with the 3D effect on. It could also have potential to interact with Pokedex 3D. For example, you could encounter a pokemon in the main games which would cause it to appear in Pokedex 3D. On the other hand, I can see some people are still choosing not to buy the 3DS for whatever reason, so it is safer to make them DS. Plus, the developers weren't exactly going to make 3DS pokemon games to be released in June and then say "you have 4 months to buy the console before the games get released".
My guess is that they're making a full 3D game for 3DS, so they need extra time to make the game. I'm sure that this is a stopgap and that Gen 6 will start in June 2013 on 3DS.

Does it matter? They're confirmed for DS at this point. However, there's a chance they'll have some 3ds exclusive upgrades.

I wonder if there will be version exclusive move tutors...

For example, you can get DynamicPunch in Pokemon Black 2 while you can get Zap Cannon in Pokemon White 2.
If this does happen, I'd cry. I don't wanna get both games just for the move tutors :( I already have white

So...it's a sequel. Based on the "2" in the title, I think it could mean:

1. You start off as a new trainer in a Unova after the events of BW1 (Most likely scenario)

2. You start as the main character of the last games (maybe as the champ!) with different choices for starters since you already took Snivy/Tepig/Oshawott (unlikely, but it would be cool)

Also, on a much less serious note, how will we abbreviate this generation? We had RBY, GSC, RSE/FRLG, DPPt/HGSS. So now what, B1W1/B2W2? It's kind of awkward the way it looks.

It only makes sense for the third instalment(s) to be on the DS. Although I don't have a solid source to share, Serebii's board has been booming with the fact that the games are both playable on the DS and the 3DS, and that if played on the 3DS have enhanced capabilities. This is the best way for GameFreak to drop us into the 3DS slowly.

e; There's also rumor floating around that Masuda isn't quite done with his announcements. Keep checking his Twitter as apparently he's going to clear a few things up. All rumor and speculation, of course.

It only makes sense for the third instalment(s) to be on the DS. Although I don't have a solid source to share, Serebii's board has been booming with the fact that the games are both playable on the DS and the 3DS, and that if played on the 3DS have enhanced capabilities. This is the best way for GameFreak to drop us into the 3DS slowly.
Does it matter? They're confirmed for DS at this point. However, there's a chance they'll have some 3ds exclusive upgrades.
That's impossible. 3DS runs DS games on an emulator, so it's limited to DSi features.

This is the best way for GameFreak to drop us into the 3DS slowly.
Why does this opinion exist? The 3DS was released almost a year ago. Black and White came after the 3DS. Why do we need to be "eased into" a console that's been out for this long?

If anything, the 3DS needs more support. This isn't the Virtual Boy where it was absolutely atrocious and abandoned immediately, so why does the 3DS have so few games for it after all this time?

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
So...it's a sequel. Based on the "2" in the title, I think it could mean:

1. You start off as a new trainer in a Unova after the events of BW1 (Most likely scenario)

2. You start as the main character of the last games (maybe as the champ!) with different choices for starters since you already took Snivy/Tepig/Oshawott (unlikely, but it would be cool)

Also, on a much less serious note, how will we abbreviate this generation? We had RBY, GSC, RSE/FRLG, DPPt/HGSS. So now what, B1W1/B2W2? It's kind of awkward the way it looks.
Or they just haven't released the actual name yet so they're just calling it that for now.

Why does this opinion exist? The 3DS was released almost a year ago. Black and White came after the 3DS. Why do we need to be "eased into" a console that's been out for this long?

If anything, the 3DS needs more support. This isn't the Virtual Boy where it was absolutely atrocious and abandoned immediately, so why does the 3DS have so few games for it after all this time?
You're totally right. But as far as main series Pokemon games go this seems to be the last one, and is linked in some way or another to 3DS capabilities.

Or they just haven't released the actual name yet so they're just calling it that for now.
Yeah, I guess I overlooked that. Although, it would be a nice twist to start off in a different town other than the one you started in in BW (blanking on the name right now). And maybe this trainer has a father.

This is stupid. They should be making these games exclusively for the 3DS at this point.

And Nintendo wonders why the 3DS isnt selling well...

I am so incredibly disappointed this isn't a 3DS game; and thoroughly hope Gamefreak has more than one development team so we dont have to wait 2 years for a main series pokemon game on the 3DS. Excluding fans like us, who will buy this game?

I am so incredibly disappointed this isn't a 3DS game; and thoroughly hope Gamefreak has more than one development team so we dont have to wait 2 years for a main series pokemon game on the 3DS. Excluding fans like us, who will buy this game?
Pretty much everyone will, lol.

they cant switch a game over to the 3ds after it has been in dev using DS/DSi sdk for over a year guys

its not like production on this game started after the 3ds came out, it was most likely started during black/white or RIGHT after the coding was finished for black/white.

dont blame gamefreak

I probably will, just due to the fact that there's a new plot (if it is in fact a sequal). I'm a fan of the franchise for the plots, even if they're not overly expansive or developed. But then again if the content offered is minimal then I might pass.

This is stupid. They should be making these games exclusively for the 3DS at this point.

LOLWUT
Dude, here's some statistics for you.

>15 million units sold worldwide
>fastest selling system in japan ever
>beating out the original ds sales within the time frame

How the flying fuck isn't 3DS selling well?

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Yeah, I guess I overlooked that. Although, it would be a nice twist to start off in a different town other than the one you started in in BW (blanking on the name right now). And maybe this trainer has a father.
Yeah. I've always wondered what other trainers in game games did to start their journey. It could be interesting if you started with non-starters.

Except its the fastest selling handheld gaming device ever right? At this point in it's life cycle, no other handheld has the numbers of sales the 3DS has worldwide. Yes "isn't selling well." Do some research before spouting off bullshit.

I want them to go a mystery dungeon route where one is 3ds one is DS or have extra features for 3ds players. We need something dammit.

I'm almost sure (it's not confirmed) that Kyurem-W will be Ice/Fire unfortunately...
I say this because "Ice Burn" doesn't sound like a Dragon/Fire move.
Oh well...

Ice/Electric isn't weak to bullet punch :)
But will it be physical or special :O
Will Gamefreak change the stats of the formes? (I say yes citing Meloetta and Giratina as evidence)
If they do, will it be Kyurem-Zekrom that gets physical and is forced to use Wild Charge if Bolt Strike or Fusion Bolt is not released via event? Or will Kyur-om be forced to use its lesser stat for a special set to encorporate STAB BoltBeam?

And which one is Kyurem-B and which one is Kyurem-W anyways? Remember, Reshiram was the cover of Pokemon BLACK and Zekrom was the cover of Pokemon WHITE.

SO MANY QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)