Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have Black, I am probably gonna get Black 2 as it would be more logical. Here are my two cents:

• I am kind of disappointed in the new forms, but for a different reason. They look cool and everything, but the story in Black/White told of the "original" dragon Pokemon that split into Reshiram and Zekrom. This must mean that this Pokemon had some characteristics of Reshiram and Zekrom (and Kyurem) but from these new forms it seems that Reshiram and Zekrom were never a single being. That contradictory fact disappointed me, but I'm still getting this game.
  • If I had to guess on the new forms' typing will be, it will be Ice/Dragon. As for its ability, I would suspect it would be Turboblaze and Teravolt (depending on the form), except they will be upgraded to somehow provide more power to Fire and Electric-type moves or even Ice Burn and Freeze Shock respectively?
  • More useful TM's. Not to add new ones, but make it so that some of the TM's teach different moves. As TM's can no longer be traded, versions don't necessarily need to have all the TM's teach the same moves, so I guess changing them is feasible (please bring Roost back).
  • Gym leader rebattles. I would love for Clay to pull off a Hippowdon + Excadrill combo and being able to face all three guys from the first gym (each using starters or something).

1. Levitate/Serene Grace already existed
2. These formes weren't allowed on wifi anyways, and we're reverted to their original forme.
I know, but they could just block anything that doesn't exist in B/W (an ability, and whatever Poke has said ability).
And allow whatever is new just between B/W2.
They've done something similar before with G/S and Platinum...

After collecting my thoughts and emotions on this, here's my two cents/speculations:

• If the Kyurem formes stayed Dragon/Ice, I'd lol pretty hard. (Much like Rotom-A in Plat)
  • Anyone who was expecting "Grey" seriously got trolled.
  • Battle Frontier or an equivalent of it, please. Subway is cool and all, but I'd like the Factory back. Or at least incorporate a Factory Subway.
  • I doubt they'll put in Hoenn, but we'll let time decide.
  • More legendaries? (Remember the birds and Regis in Plat?)
  • Tutor Moves. I don't doubt this.
  • More exploration in the main story. Keep in mind that players only explored the western side of Unova until you beat N(oob) and Dennis.
  • More backstory on N. Probably some explanation of how Dennis got his hands on the Orbs that correspond to the Sinnoh Dragons.
  • Pokédex will still be Unova exclusive until you beat the main story.
  • CONTRARY SERPERIOR
  • Y U NO 3DS EXCLUSIVE? But still, if most people playing Mons still use the DS, then stick with it.
  • Triple typing sounds like bull.
  • Too many ideas, ahhhh >.>
I like this post, because it encompasses everything. I should put my thoughts like this too. 'k.
  • Kyurem, I don't know what the fuck it's doing. Pulling a Giratina and statin' it up, keepin' the same types? I don't have a clue, and I'd like whatever they choose.
  • We'll probs only see one region, but it's not like it hasn't been done before. I'd only find a problem if they were physically separated and you couldn't just fly accross the map in 2 stops.
  • If it actually is a sequel, the expansions on story will be obvious. They've been plannin' this since 4th gen came out, oui? So, yeah, they probs have a lot of shit planned for this story as whale.
  • I would love more exploration. I liked how you traveled roughly as much ground as a usual pokemon game, but half the map being post-story? No. I never actually finished that half of the map.
  • Triple typing does sound like bull. It would also be mega hard to keep track of 612+ pokes with now 50% more typing. Yowchers.
  • CONTRARY SERPERIOR

And a sorry to Nickscor for ripping off your post format, but I think it was really effective and I really liked it.

The game needs to be tougher, its too easy going through the main story, b/c in the anime Ash always has to rematch at least 3 gym leaders.

As I have Black, I am probably gonna get Black 2 as it would be more logical. Here are my two cents:

• I am kind of disappointed in the new forms, but for a different reason. They look cool and everything, but the story in Black/White told of the "original" dragon Pokemon that split into Reshiram and Zekrom. This must mean that this Pokemon had some characteristics of Reshiram and Zekrom (and Kyurem) but from these new forms it seems that Reshiram and Zekrom were never a single being. That contradictory fact disappointed me, but I'm still getting this game.
  • If I had to guess on the new forms' typing will be, it will be Ice/Dragon. As for its ability, I would suspect it would be Turboblaze and Teravolt (depending on the form), except they will be upgraded to somehow provide more power to Fire and Electric-type moves or even Ice Burn and Freeze Shock respectively?
  • More useful TM's. Not to add new ones, but make it so that some of the TM's teach different moves. As TM's can no longer be traded, versions don't necessarily need to have all the TM's teach the same moves, so I guess changing them is feasible (please bring Roost back).
  • Gym leader rebattles. I would love for Clay to pull off a Hippowdon + Excadrill combo and being able to face all three guys from the first gym (each using starters or something).
Oh Poison Heal Roosting Gliscor, how I pine for thee? Gym Leader rebattles seem plausible, but the whole story about Reshiram and Zekrom being one until they were separated does leave confusion as to the Kyurem formes. Perhaps it was the Kyurem formes that were the separated parts of the original dragon while Reshiram and Zekrom became their own beings?

Oh, and had the game been called "Gray", there would be so much debates on how it's spelled, so I'm glad GF just shifted away from that entirely.

And I never said that triple typing should be on every Poke, just for the Kyurem formes as a unique thing. I hope that reduces the amount of hate to that idea.

Simple solution: Make 'Black V2' titled Gray Version and 'White V2' titled Grey Version.

Seriously, though, this seems really cool. Typing-wise, I think Dragon/Ice will probably be both of their types, but maybe they'll get Fusion Flare/Fusion Bolt as special moves.

I'm reserving all expectations until we see their stats(lets hope for more speed then regular Kyurem) the official typing, ability and whether they get more moves then fusion bolt and fusion flare.

Also as far as features I want in the games, there are only 2; Move Tutor(with some of the more useful moves from the 4th gen ones plus some new ones) and most importantly give us 6 on 6 RANDOM wifi battles. Basically what PO is but in game please.

Oh Poison Heal Roosting Gliscor, how I pine for thee? Gym Leader rebattles seem plausible, but the whole story about Reshiram and Zekrom being one until they were separated does leave confusion as to the Kyurem formes. Perhaps it was the Kyurem formes that were the separated parts of the original dragon while Reshiram and Zekrom became their own beings?
Gamefreak could cheat and not let Gliscor learn Roost via TM in the new game, though that would break consistency from gen 4. Other possibilities include Roost not becoming a TM or letting Gliscor learn Roost and let it shoot its way up to the Uber tier.

I find it strange that these new forms would be the two halves of the original Pokemon, but I've noticed something. Anyone notice that on the Zekrom/Kyurem form, the left side of the body is ice (i.e. ice wing, ice horn, ice arm) and on the Reshiram/Kyurem form, the right side of the body is ice? Could this imply that these forms are two halves of something?

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Gamefreak could cheat and not let Gliscor learn Roost via TM in the new game, though that would break consistency from gen 4. Other possibilities include Roost not becoming a TM or letting Gliscor learn Roost and let it shoot its way up to the Uber tier.

I find it strange that these new forms would be the two halves of the original Pokemon, but I've noticed something. Anyone notice that on the Zekrom/Kyurem form, the left side of the body is ice (i.e. ice wing, ice horn, ice arm) and on the Reshiram/Kyurem form, the right side of the body is ice? Could this imply that these forms are two halves of something?

I think that the new forms will be Ice/Dragon with Reshiram/Zekrom's abilities. And similar with the Gen 4 dragons, it'll get an item that increases the power of the moves of it's type that it's associated with. So Kyurem-Zekrom's would increase electric attacks and Kyurem-Reshiram's would increase fire moves

Remind me, when did Roost allow Gliscor to take on 90% of OU's special attackers?

Edit: sorry, I'm just kinda pussed and tired, plus the fact that I've just been typing blunt statements for a while... You get the point.

As Death the Kid would put it: IT'S NOT SYMMETRICAL!11 The bolded part is what I was getting at in my previous post, the two probably became Reshiram and Zekrom while the icy parts broke off and would become the Kyurem we knew prior to today.:naughty:

Junichi Masuda comfirmed via twitter that the Kyurem forms are called "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem". They were listed as seperate pokemon...

Serebii.net has move information that was pre-programmed into Black and White, probably because of these sequels. They are the moves Freeze Shock and Ice Burn. Both of them are exactly like Sky Attack, except they are Ice-type moves. Freeze Shock hurls an electrically charged block of ice at the opponent, with a 30% chance of paralysis. Ice Burn charges, then releases an "ultracold, freezing wind (that) surrounds the target," with a 30% chance of burning the target.
Power-wise, they are identical to Sky Attack, being 140 power, 90 accuracy, needing a turn to charge, and having a 30% chance of an effect activating.
With these newly released photos, I speculate that Kyurem will learn these moves, probably at Lv. 100, like Reshiram and Zekrom learn Blue Flare and Bolt Strike, respectively. Moreover, Freeze Shock is a physical attack, and Ice Burn is a special attack. This further implies that Reshiram and Zekrom are part of this Kyurem because Zekrom is a powerful Physical attacker while Reshiram is a powerful Special attacker.
Here are the links:
Serebii.net BW Attackdex: Ice-type: http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/ice.shtml
Serebii.net attackdex: Freeze Shock: http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/freezeshock.shtml
Serebii.net Attackdex: Ice Burn:http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/iceburn.shtml
Serebii.net Attackdex: Sky Attack: http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/skyattack.shtml

Hopefully this will be true, but what else could it be?

The game needs to be tougher, its too easy going through the main story, b/c in the anime Ash always has to rematch at least 3 gym leaders.
Thats because Ash is a perma 10 year old(that still doesn't get what romance is. did you see that Cottonee pairing episode in best wishes) that sucks ass at battling, never tries to catch legendaries, uses NFE pokemon through 98% of a region and then insists on starting over once he finally gets all fully evolved pokemon. Seriously, either Ash needs to step it up and win the Unova league or we need a new main character. I'm sick of watching a loser lose. Also should't Pikachu be level 100 by now? I know it's a Pikachu, but it's quick attack should of broke every bone in Ash's best wishes rival's Snivy.

In conclusion. The anime sucks so don't bring any part of it to the game because no one wants to play a game where your character sucks

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Probably been mentioned but with the post about Freeze Shock and Ice Burn:

Freeze Shock is physical which should indicate that Kyurem-B will be a physical attacker. On the flip side Ice Burn is special so Kyurem-W will be a special attacker.

Where the fuck is my Kyurem-King with Snow Warning, 700 BST and Sword of Mystery.

Fuck this shit, I'm going to space.
Haha, yes.
A difficulty setting would be a very welcomed feature IMO.
I'm pretty doubtful about this, as it's never been implemented in any Pokémon game. If it were to be added, it would probably increase the opponents' levels and moves, but I don't see it happening. What I can see is it being more difficult than BW.

I only want three things with these games:

- Simultaneous Japanese/American/European release -- or at least more like a month or two apart, not six months as per usual. Cuts down on pirating and makes it easier to plan around a potential VGC 2013. The fact that they have already announced the English version of the game makes this one promising.

- Improved random wifi and local battle options -- I see all these battle videos of folks trying to do local GS cup battles at lv. 100 because it's currently impossible to do a true GS cup battle with the battle options in BW. Maybe bring back GS cup and other battle modes from HGSS like Little Cup. Custom rulesets like in the Stadium games would be ideal but they've never done it on the cartridge before so one can only hope.

- Sky Drop and Sleep mechanics fix -- hopefully that was the very first thing Game Freak thought to do when this game was in production. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)