Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see, you don't have to give up Focus Blast for those two, since they're extremely common and will make Kyurem's life hell without the necessary coverage. A set of Dragon Pulse/Focus Blast/Sub or whatever covers everything relevant save for Chansey and Blissey.

But now he is outclassed by Hydreigon. ;_;

The only way I can see this getting better is if the moves of Zekrom and Reshiram are reverse transferable to Kyurem. So then we'd be dealing with Bolt Strike/Blue Flare Kyurem instead of 'pussy Scarf Kyurem that only appears on Hail teams'.
Wasn't it posted a while ago that Kyurem's White forme got at least some sort of boost to its special attack? If it got 150 special attack, that puts it well into its own category.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Eh I don't see many reasons to use it over MoxieMence with Scarf. Sub + 3 attacks is its best set now and it looks like, if it gets Flamethrower and EQ, that will still be the case. Flamethrower / EQ / Dragon Pulse would hurt like heck, even though you'd need to lower its Defense stat.
From the calcs I did earlier for Freeze Shock, it seems that the Kyurem forms got a major power-buff compared to Normal Kyurem which already has Base 130 Attack Stats and if they are Base 150 now like speculated, when something has a stronger Outrage than Haxorus, I think Scarf is definitely a viable option.

Base 150 SpA Draco Meteors with Fire/Fighting coverage both with 100+ Base Power...god that sounds dirty.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Don't forget it could have a Choice Band and 252 EVs. That would be a clean KO from Weak Kyurem on Lonely 0 Def Reshiram, while 0 SAtk Reshiram would do 43-50% to Kyurem.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's unseen information and they're trying to impress a crowd, so it's possible. Also, assuming the fusion mon's corresponding offensive stat is 150, all it needs is 252 EVs and a Choice Band for a clean KO on Reshiram with Freeze Shock.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Just throwing it there: I think the Overdrive modes are active as long as Kyurem has Ice Burn/Freeze Shock in its moveset.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm quite sure that all the footage we've seen so far doesn't contraddict this theory. Black Kyurem was in Overdrive mode right when it was sent out at the start of the battle and used Freeze Shock.

Assuming those moves are competitively useless, that's essentially a movepool restriction in exchange for whatever the Ovedrive modes do.
Considering that Freeze Shock did so much damage against Reshiram, unless it was purposely staged in order to land that OHKO, it's not out of the question that it could have been thanks to an Attack boost.

If it's something like an auto-Swords Dance/Nasty Plot then being restricted to 3 moves wouldn't be so bad. Kyurem can still get perfect coverage in 3 moves anyway and if it indeed does get a Atk/Sp.Atk boost then Power Herb becomes a lot more viable since it could practically OHKO everything with its other moves at +2 (maybe even at +1), making LO not that needed.

Well near the bottom it looks like a new mini game for the Dream World, and it has Joltik in the corner, so they might be releasing (finally) some 5th gen Pokemon?
It doesn't look like a new DW game, it looks like a standard Pokemon site game, all the current DW minigames have 2 sprites in boxes, the Pokemon you tucked in and the Pokemon you're trying to befriend, this doesn't have either.
If someone can translate it we might learn something new but I highly doubt that Joltik game has anything to do with the Global Link.

Daisuke Club stuff, though it says up top that "You can enjoy without a member ID."

I'd trust my translation abilities about as much as I would a gun made of toilet paper rolls, but I don't think that this is tied into the Global Link.

We've seen the new "team". It's not Aqua or Magma, they have black uniforms and ALL of them have red hair.
Here's the pic:
Actually I checked the police officer near Nimbasa and he looks pretty different. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong guy? Also, Team Plasma's hair looks more like the hair of these dudes.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Sorry if this has already been asked, but do we know if there will be any new dream world abilities introduced with this game?? It would be nice if pokemon with levitate had a second ability. Bronzong gets TWO other abilities to choose from, so why can't other levitate users also have a few more options??

Actually I checked the police officer near Nimbasa and he looks pretty different. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong guy? Also, Team Plasma's hair looks more like the hair of these dudes.
The officers near Nimbasa looks older (and fatter), they are definately different from him.

Can anyone identify the text in the picture?

They're still thinner, as far as I can tell. Though, that could just be newer sprites.
Well they could look to be thinner due it being a screen capture of a video. Though I will also admit they also look similar to the Rocket sprites from HG/SS.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pokeheartgoldsoulsilver/sheet/26955 (column: 4-5 row: 6)
(I would just post a pic like I did with the first, but that's one image altogether, so I would have to crop it and upload again. Yeah I'm lazy.)

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry if this has already been asked, but do we know if there will be any new dream world abilities introduced with this game?? It would be nice if pokemon with levitate had a second ability. Bronzong gets TWO other abilities to choose from, so why can't other levitate users also have a few more options??
I can safely say that Levitate Pokémon will never get a DW ability, besides Bronzor / Bronzong, because they had Heat Proof and Levitate in D/P. They are the only Levitate Pokémon with a second ability, so you can't compare them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)