Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's not a new pokemon. It's probably Articuno flying away.

Crazy Pokebeach disturbing the peace with their speculations.

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu268/BlazingKatakiri/Pokemon/GFTrolling.png

^^^

Just noting that those bumps on the wings that got us so kerfuffled? I'm betting that's just distortion from whatever that yellow ring is doing (notice how they appear right around the ring?). Probably due to some 3D effects that can't be conveyed properly via a flat image. Also, my bet is on Articuno flying away. However, there are a few things that don't match up right, like those tufts on the side of it's head and the fact the tail is blunt instead of pointed. There's also the fact that the crest looks too thin and tall to be Articuno's but all these things could be distortions due to it being a 3D silhouette, that's almost certainly animated as well. Maybe Articuno's feathers on it's face are fluffing outwards a bit because it's flying or something, who knows. I'm going to look through all the flying types in the game and see if it matches up with any of them anyway though XD

I agree with Jimera0; I zoomed in a lot on each of the "wing bumps" and there seems to be a slight difference in color there, as if the bumps are not actually part of the silhouette. The wings seem to be actually straight at that point.

B-b-but.. The bird has ugly fat legs while Articuno doesn't. OK, it's probably just the designer too lazy to give a fuck to DETAILS...

Hmmm, maybe it's just some mini-game thing, and it transfers Pokèmon from 4th to 5th gen? Perhaps it's a newer Pokè-transfer?

EDIT: Phew, no longer on 666 posts. :)

its articuno seen from the back...
There would be no difference between a front and back silhouette. *facepalm*

B-b-but.. The bird has ugly fat legs while Articuno doesn't. OK, it's probably just the designer too lazy to give a fuck to DETAILS...
But then why the tiny details on the side of its head and...
Ah. This picture makes no freakin sense wth nintendo.

So I'm not sure if it's interesting to note that US Gamestops are accepting pre-orders for B2W2, with a tentative release date of Oct. 2nd (not sure the exact day, but I'm sure it had a 2 in it), but I guess I'll mention it anyways.

So I'm not sure if it's interesting to note that US Gamestops are accepting pre-orders for B2W2, with a tentative release date of Oct. 2nd (not sure the exact day, but I'm sure it had a 2 in it), but I guess I'll mention it anyways.
October 2nd is the first tuesday of the month, it's probably just a placeholder.

My initial impulse among seeing the picture was Archeops. After coming to this thread, I thought it could be Articuno. After looking at the picture even closer now, I think it could also be Pigeot with that streak behind its head held up.

So the new AR game is going for about 300 yen in Japan which would be about 3 dollars in the US. So you can actually catch the Pokemon in the AR game and put them in your Black and White 2 game? I suppose it might be useful for Pokemon that might be hard to find in BW 2.

Well this silhouette just keeps getting more interesting......

http://pokejungle.net/2012/04/23/8871/#comment-43037
Having had the pleasure of meeting Pokémon game director and co-creator Jun’ichi Masuda during his visit to London, not to mention having spent the last two years subtitling a lot of his announcements, I decided to contact him regarding this mysterious bird-like Pokémon. He’s aware from our previous chat (albeit brief) of us here at PokéJungle and our loyal fans. I’ve not translated the unnecessary bits.
Kriffix:“…Just what is that bird-like Pokémon from the released AR Searcher pics? Is it a secret? “
Masuda:”Good morning! It’s been a long time since we last met! Oh, how perceptive of you! However I have to say ‘no comment’! (>_<)”
Dang. So basically we weren’t able to gather much from this, other than the fact it is something he cannot comment on. The possible reasons for this are as follows;
1.He does not want to spoil what Pokémon are obtainable in the game
2.Although Gamefreak now have some 3D designers and it may well in fact be them working on the game, he may not want to comment on work that is potentially done by ‘Creatures’ inc.
3.It’s a new Pokémon/form and so he can’t comment on it yet.

GAMEFREAK WHY YOU SO SECRETIVE! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Keep in mind a couple of things, guys:

- Articuno's tail is insanely long. It might be that the bulge we see over is head is the tail sticking up, then folding back in itself, in a sort of S shape.

- Lugia's feathers have shown to be quite dexterous. What if this also applies to Articuno?

I'm a terrible illustrator, having only access to Paint, but I tried to show it as best as I could. For the sake of this picture, the outline of the tail is presented in RED.

EDIT: Also, I guess, the legs go in a < -shape, knees pointing away from the camera.

There is really too much speculation with this image, you have to remember this image is supposed to showcase 3D effects, so the image is going to be a little bit warped and slightly different than the Pokemon than when we have previously seen it. Therefore it is not going to be much use for us to speculate this image when it is just going to be a pokemon that we have already seen. They WILL NOT release any new pokemon in B2 or W2, just different forms of pokemon that we have previously seen since it is not a new generation, and it is unlikely that any of the bird pokemon are going to receive any new forms.

The biggest issue with the screen, imo, are the bumps on the wings, indicating claws/hands of some sort. It's not articuno. The wings are too different, with the wing bumps and the way they bend.

The biggest issue with the screen, imo, are the bumps on the wings, indicating claws/hands of some sort. It's not articuno. The wings are too different, with the wing bumps and the way they bend.
The bumps seem to be distortion from the wing as stated by many different people that have also noted a slight color difference backing this up

Mature, sorry my phone's spell check didn't fix it correctly :3. The better question is have you seen both the image in question and our fossil friend? The lumps on the wings where hands would be. The curved feet, the long neck. It is a perfectly valid assumption.

They sure took some artistic liberties with whatever it is...

Then again it is a shadow. Once we see the full thing everyone will be like ":justin2: it was so obviously _____!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)