Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AR Searcher IS related, saying it isn't would be like saying the Pokewalker has nothing to do with HG/SS, the new Global link and DW ARE related, they can interact directly with B2/W2 and could very well be considered a feature of the games. Not to mention the fact that the last few pages of discussion have been more intelligent than the whole "omgz! teh new prof is N/Kyurem/Champion/Frontier Brain" baseless speculation that some people have been doing.

I think the news about the Global Link is very interesting, it supports my theory that the new Prof will NOT be a DW tutor, there wouldn't be much point in making a new area when everyone can just DWify their old Pokemon now would there?
I also think it could hint at 5th gen Pokemon appearing in the DW finally, looking at the list of DW Pokemon we don't have yet there aren't that many Ice types, this could mean that Cold Cave will be more cave than cold, or it could mean we'll finally get stuff like Swift Swim Beartic.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

New Global Link/DW update on Serebii. New area is translated a Cool Hole so it sounds like we might be getting some ice and rock types? Specifically hoping for swinub so we can finally have thick fat mamoswine with icicle crash and ice shard.
That would be extremely annoying, honestly, because it gets SR too. Can't use Flamethrower to take down Mamo. Have to use Focus Miss. Ugh.

I think the news about the Global Link is very interesting, it supports my theory that the new Prof will NOT be a DW tutor, there wouldn't be much point in making a new area when everyone can just DWify their old Pokemon now would there?
Professor Akuroma will probably just be the new Fennel cause if you haven't noticed, Striaton City is frozen over and the Professor shows up in what looks like the 2nd city of the game.
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/achroma2.png
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/01/Unova_B2W2.png
Note the road going through the city in both pics.

I also think it could hint at 5th gen Pokemon appearing in the DW finally, looking at the list of DW Pokemon we don't have yet there aren't that many Ice types, this could mean that Cold Cave will be more cave than cold, or it could mean we'll finally get stuff like Swift Swim Beartic.

Or more realistically:

Zubats. Every space you walk that would normally have no Pokemon or Items will be a Zubat. Repels have no effect in DW. No hope.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Professor Akuroma will probably just be the new Fennel cause if you haven't noticed, Striaton City is frozen over and the Professor shows up in what looks like the 2nd city of the game.
I thought we had made the conclusion that the ice is fake and is only used by Game Freak to cover up areas we aren't supposed to see yet and/or are available after the main storyline.

Well we will be getting scans for the new Corocoro in a couple of days, so hopefully it put that discussion to rest. I just hope it has that and answers what that silhouette is, because I'm tired of discussing those two things. I WANT THE TRUTH!

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Couple of days? This is way too early for CoroCoro leaks. The magazine releases on the 15th, so leaks are likely to come by say, the 11th(very optimistic) or the 12th/13th(realistic). Till then, let's sit back and chill.

The cover can come out as early as the 10th though I believe.

It has actually came out earlier than that before, I think it was around the 8th. :P (Also, I think 8 is a low enough number to use the word couple, but whatever)

AM was raving in the chat about how one of the Kyurem formes had 160 spa and 140 speed or something insane like that. I thought he was trolling and got kicked for it...oh well. It is kind of hard to swallow, though.

AM was raving in the chat about how one of the Kyurem formes had 160 spa and 140 speed or something insane like that. I thought he was trolling and got kicked for it...oh well. It is kind of hard to swallow, though.
No way it can have that great of a Speed and SpA combo... Is there even a Pokemon out there that can match that? Excluding Deoxys because that guy can't take a hit and I wouldn't count it anyways, I mean... That flat out just beats Mewtwo then. (Of course, not REALLY, there's other things to consider but wow, you're right, its hard to swallow.)

False. The definition of "a couple" is "two." No more, no less. Perhaps you were thinking of "a few?"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/couple
Definition of COUPLE

a : two persons married, engaged, or otherwise romantically paired b : two persons paired together

: pair, brace

: something that joins or links two things together: as a : two equal and opposite forces that act along parallel lines b : a pair of substances that in contact with an electrolyte participate in a transfer of electrons which causes an electric current to flow

: an indefinite small number

So what does everyone want to see in the Corocoro? I'm for more info on this new(?) evil team.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/couple
Definition of COUPLE

a : two persons married, engaged, or otherwise romantically paired b : two persons paired together

: pair, brace

: something that joins or links two things together: as a : two equal and opposite forces that act along parallel lines b : a pair of substances that in contact with an electrolyte participate in a transfer of electrons which causes an electric current to flow

: an indefinite small number

So what does everyone want to see in the Corocoro? I'm for more info on this new(?) evil team.
Merriam-Webster adds definitions to words when they're misused often enough. For instance, according to them, "literally" actually means both what it's supposed to mean and the opposite of what it's supposed to mean. So I don't really trust that definition. Check other dictionaries, "a couple" means "two."

That isn't confirmed, though, is it? In my opinion, I think a Kyurem with such amazing offensive stats would be awesome. I really like Kyurem for some reason, but I feel like it would be too good to exist. Almost as strong as Deoxys-A, but Deoxys-A has absolutely no bulk. Kyurem has that bulk. With offenses that good...wow. I imagine it would still have some of its prior limitations, though. I don't really think Game Freak would make something that powerful and with such bulk.

That isn't confirmed, though, is it? In my opinion, I think a Kyurem with such amazing offensive stats would be awesome. I really like Kyurem for some reason, but I feel like it would be too good to exist. Almost as strong as Deoxys-A, but Deoxys-A has absolutely no bulk. Kyurem has that bulk. With offenses that good...wow. I imagine it would still have some of its prior limitations, though. I don't really think Game Freak would make something that powerful and with such bulk.
I don't see how it could be confirmed. The only things we have to go on are the battles against Reshiram & Serperior

Glad to see nothing new came out whilst I was away. Is this silhouette the same one in the presumed living room with the picture mini-game thing?

So I guess one of those are the "bird" we saw in the AR Searcher pics.

I have to say that while I think it's interesting I'm kind of baffled as to why. Nothing hinted towards this at all-- the code didn't even have anything to say!

edit: Hm.
Only Tornadus looks directly like a bird. The other two don't have wings; some think that thunder might be a dragon, landorus a turtle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)