Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the official website. Any one able to make a rough estimation for Black Kyurem and White Kyurem's base stats?
Black kyurem has way more attack than zekrom does.
The same for white kyurem special attack compared to reshiram.
Even with boosting nature, it cannot be the same base stat.
There is more than 20 points difference, AT LEVEL 50.
The speed looks the same though.

Black kyurem has way more attack than zekrom does.
The same for white kyurem special attack compared to reshiram.
Even with boosting nature, it cannot be the same base stat.
There is more than 20 points difference, AT LEVEL 50.
The speed looks the same though.
I.see.your.point.yet.the.defenses.seem.to.have.changed...

Natures just give a +10% increase but from what we're seeing their Atk/Sp.Atk stats are something like 30-40% compared to Reshiram and Zekrom's.

Even factoring IV's, it seems to be more than 150 base.

Seriously if Black Kyurem gets access to Ice shard this thing is going to be the bane of everything weak to ice in every tier it's allowed.
What.aout.White.Kyurem's.attack.and.Black Kyurem's.sp.a.?

If you pay attention to subtle details, you'll see that actually the screenshots showcase the same Kyurem IV/EV wise (it's using a Lax nature btw).

A rough estimation would be (in this order HP/Atk/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Spd):
_Black Kyurem : 125/160/100/110/90/95
_White Kyurem : 125/110/90/160/100/95
both of them achieving a 680 BST, just my 2 cents.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
https://twitter.com/#!/BulbanewsNOW

According to Bulbanews and translated from the official website, Kanto starter events will have access to Block and False Swipe, with each starter having a different exclusive move. Squirtle gets Follow Me, Charmander gets Acrobatics (does Charizard have it already?), and Bulbasaur gets Weather Ball. Follow Me Blastoise will be interesting in VGC, while Weather Ball Venusaur will prove to make it even more of a monster than it already is.

Assuming no EVs, B/W Kyurem's higher attack stat could very well be in the 165-175 BST range. An untouched Lv50 Slaking can't have 183 Attack (White Kyurem has 183). I'm going to guess 170.

Some of the posters above are crazy. Go here - http://www.psypokes.com/dex/stats.php. Input level 50 zekrom with adamant nature. You get 187. After calculating, I found that the Black Kyurem has a 150 base attack and 18 IVs with a boosting nature. So, provided the kyurem formes are using Atk/Satk boosting nature, the base is 150. However if they are not using boosting natures, then its over 160. To one of the above posters who said Black Kyurem's Attack is way higher than Zekrom, note that Zekrom is using a modest nature while Black Kyurem is likely using a boosting nature.

So what about Reshiram? My point still stands. None of the assumptions -except yours- so far can be described as "crazy". They're all plausible.
I didnt mean to offend anyone. Go calculate. What is your point on Reshiram? Reshiram is using a neutral nature. What so crazy about my assumptions? I even provided a site where you can go calculate yourself. You didnt even read my points and you go about saying that I am crazy. People these days....making a fool out of themselves. How rude! The base atk/Satk can only be >150 IF they are not using boosting natures.

If you pay attention to subtle details, you'll see that actually the screenshots showcase the same Kyurem IV/EV wise (it's using a Lax nature btw).

A rough estimation would be (in this order HP/Atk/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Spd):
_Black Kyurem : 125/160/100/110/90/95
_White Kyurem : 125/110/90/160/100/95
both of them achieving a 680 BST, just my 2 cents.

how do you know it's Lax, it's not written anywhere and in this menu stats are not red/blue to indicate nature anyways?

Yes, obviously its defenses are majorly messed by nature, since they are definitely switched. Without Lax it'd be
180/130
110/100
133/183
100/110
HP is the same, as expected. So is speed.
It has ~10 and ~16 IV in Atk and S.Atk
Which means, either
125 - 170/120 - 100/90 -120/170 - 90/100 - 95
or if its offensive IVs are really high:
125 - 165/115 - 100/90 -115/165 - 90/100 - 95

710/700 TBS o_o

About the defenses being messes up, the base defenses also change. You guys are seriously not hoping for 170 base atk/Satk, right? Then again, the defenses are seriously messed up - particularly on White Kyurem.
You guys remember the Black Kyurem vs Reshiram battle? Black Kyurem used its signature move at level 50. Kyurem in BW1 did not have a level 100 level-up move. This means the new formes will have access to Blue Flare and Bolt Strike! Awesome. Speaking of that battle, forget what I said earlier about the base stats being 150. Black Kyurem straight up KOed Reshiram.

breh

強いだね
MeroMero is definitely right that it's lax. However, his spread is off (Defense and SpA both need boosting natures or EVs to get that high, but these don't seem to have EVs...)

It is lax for a fact:

At level 50, the formula for a Pokemon's stats is IV/2 + EV/8 + base. Because these are the same Pokemon in different forms (which can be inferred from the fact that they have identical Speed and HP stats), they have the following differences in base stats:

Attack: 50
Defense: 11
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 9

It's pretty obvious that Attack and Special Attack aren't subject to this nature. As a result, we're left with two, Lax and Gentle. The fact that there is a bigger difference in Defense means it's Lax.

Assuming there are no EVs, Charon is probably right about the Kyurems' attacking stats. There are 3 possible values for the high stat (assuming no EVs) - 165, 170, and 175. Of these, 170 is the sole value that is divisible by 10, making it the likely value.

Obviously, if there are EVs, this is just a giant troll by Gamefreak. Most likely is something like 125 HP / 150 Atk / 100 (possibly 110) Def / 100 SpA / 90 (possibly 100) SpD / 95 Spe for Black Kyurem (stats are either 660 or 680 BST; I don't believe that they'll go above 680).

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
With such offensive stats, both forms are going to be auto-ubers.
And that's not even factoring the movepool improvements and the overdrive modes...

With such offensive stats, both forms are going to be auto-ubers.
And that's not even factoring the movepool improvements and the overdrive modes...
No kidding. Their base atk/satk is 170. That's second to Deoxys-A. They are also getting Blue Flare and Bolt Strike which means it will be hard to wall them. BTW ice is an excellent offensive type in ubers. Note that their secondary attack stat is less than 120.
EDIT: To clarify to the guy below, I mean less than base 120. This becomes apparent when you compare the kyurem formes with reshiram and Zekrom. The base speed seems to be 90. So that means that the secondary base attack could be 115 or something. To those who proved my assumptions wrong - congrats! When I first saw the stat screen, I didnt want to believe that something would have 165 base attack.

Note that their secondary attack stat is less than 120.
Huh?
They are 133 and 130,
with 120 that'd be about average IV. With 110 you cant get that with max IV.
Unless you're saying its 115 with high IV, which seems odd to me, but it would also mean the higher atk is 165.
Meaning the total would be a pretty 700.
idk.

Afterthought, the base stats spread could either be (if we consider the base stats total capping at 680) :

This one :
125/155/105/105/95/95
125/105/95/155/105/95
Why ?
All Pokémon with a 680 BST have at least 1 (often 2) set of 2 stats with the same base stat, so those spreads fit this condition nicely.

Or this one :
125/165/95/115/85/95
125/115/85/165/95/95
Why ?
This one fits the no-EV rule like a glove, but currently there's no Pokémon with a 680 BST who have a stat that goes below 90.

And of course it could be anything in-between.

I think that Kyurem's offenses won't go higher than 165, that would be pushing too far, heck even 165 is maybe a bit too much since it's not that far away for Deoxys-A 180 offenses (and more specifically, besides Kyurem's Ice typing, there is no apparent drawback to counter-balance that much power).
Even with "only" 165 base (Sp.) Atk, anything that doesn't look like a tank or outright resists Kyurem STAB moves is going to be broken beyond repair, so wishing for 170+ offense may be unnecessary.

In Sacred Beast/Dream Radar news:
-! Anything from the Dream Radar will have their Hidden Abilities !
-From the looks of things, however, the Sacred Beast formes only have 1 ability (but will keep track of Hidden ones when changed)
-The Mirror is a key item, so don't need to hold the thing

Serebii said:
When you change the form of the Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus captured in the Dream Radar game by using the Reflecting Mirror, the Pokémon will have their Hidden Ability. That's Defiant for Tornadus & Thundurus and Sheer Force for Landorus. When the Mirror is removed, it will revert. However, if you transfer the Pokémon from Black & White and use the item, they will transform into Sacred Beast Forme, but with the Sacred Beast Forme Pokémon having the same ability as if they were caught in Dream Radar
What?!? Who's right within this situation because having to hold the mirror to stay in beast form would suck.

Edit: BTW, in B2W2 you can now buy berries in-game via Join Avenue. What's important about that is that you can now get those wonderful pinch berries that were missing in BW1.

Source: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/system/system03.html

Some of the posters above are crazy. Go here - http://www.psypokes.com/dex/stats.php. Input level 50 zekrom with adamant nature. You get 187. After calculating, I found that the Black Kyurem has a 150 base attack and 18 IVs with a boosting nature. So, provided the kyurem formes are using Atk/Satk boosting nature, the base is 150. However if they are not using boosting natures, then its over 160. To one of the above posters who said Black Kyurem's Attack is way higher than Zekrom, note that Zekrom is using a modest nature while Black Kyurem is likely using a boosting nature.
Someone pointed out that both Kyurems shared the same IVs, and both were Lax.

Afterthought, the base stats spread could either be (if we consider the base stats total capping at 680) :

This one :
125/155/105/105/95/95
125/105/95/155/105/95
Why ?
All Pokémon with a 680 BST have at least 1 (often 2) set of 2 stats with the same base stat, so those spreads fit this condition nicely.

Or this one :
125/165/95/115/85/95
125/115/85/165/95/95
Why ?
This one fits the no-EV rule like a glove, but currently there's no Pokémon with a 680 BST who have a stat that goes below 90.

And of course it could be anything in-between.

I think that Kyurem's offenses won't go higher than 165, that would be pushing too far, heck even 165 is maybe a bit too much since it's not that far away for Deoxys-A 180 offenses (and more specifically, besides Kyurem's Ice typing, there is no apparent drawback to counter-balance that much power).
Even with "only" 165 base (Sp.) Atk, anything that doesn't look like a tank or outright resists Kyurem STAB moves is going to be broken beyond repair, so wishing for 170+ offense may be unnecessary.
Something with 165 Atk, needs 26 IV to get its attack to 183 on lv50.
So unless you are supposing these fellas have EVs, there is no way it has less than 165 in the higher attack.

Freeze Unova? Yeah, no, say byebye to Unova, cause once this thing gets going, there will only be a giant hole in the face of the earth left LMAO

The defenses turning to xx5-ish seems random too.
I don't see why it would be a stretch that it goes above 680 at all? It was just 20 behind when it had no energy source at all, now it gets one. It was never meant to be equal to Reshiram/Zekrom like Giratina was. It started off weaker and now its gonna surpass them. 710 seems wtf, but at least the 700 setup feels right.

Hmm... "using" the mirror doesn't sound like it being a hold item, but removing it does... could go both ways :/

Seems to me like Kyurem will have 165 in Atk/Sp Atk. I really hope that's the case, because that would be pretty awesome. ^_^

Hmm... "using" the mirror doesn't sound like it being a hold item, but removing it does... could go both ways :/

Seems to me like Kyurem will have 165 in Atk/Sp Atk. I really hope that's the case, because that would be pretty awesome. ^_^
I believe the mirror is a key item.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Even if for some weird reason B/W Kyurem don't end up in ubers, they're going to shake the uber metagame almost as much as Arceus did.
95 is a good speed tier in that envirorment, Ice/Dragon STAB hit half of the tier for SE damage and fire/electric coverage takes care of the rest.

Black Kyurem in particular, if it gets access to a good physical electric move, is going to become the best wallbreaker in the tier. It's hard to find a pokemon that can easily take out Kyogre, Groudon, Lugia, Giratina and Ho-oh all at once.

Something with 165 Atk, needs 26 IV to get its attack to 183 on lv50.
So unless you are supposing these fellas have EVs, there is no way it has less than 165 in the higher attack.

Freeze Unova? Yeah, no, say byebye to Unova, cause once this thing gets going, there will only be a giant hole in the face of the earth left LMAO

The defenses turning to xx5-ish seems random too.
I don't see why it would be a stretch that it goes above 680 at all? It was just 20 behind when it had no energy source at all, now it gets one. It was never meant to be equal to Reshiram/Zekrom like Giratina was. It started off weaker and now its gonna surpass them. 710 seems wtf, but at least the 700 setup feels right.
It could or it could not have EVs, we really can't know we can only suppose, those are only estimations, not the real deal; but in the end we should wait and see, after all there's only 8 days left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)