Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised nobody pointed out that neither Kyurem form shown in that summary screen are holding any items, just look at the Hiragana "mochimono nashi".

Do you know what this means? No Griseous Orb Giratina complex.
That's great though I just had a strange thought. What if you need Zekrom/Reshiram within your party in order for Kyurem to turn into Black/White Kyurem? The movie and several other sources seem to implied that Kyurem steals power from them to meet it's own goal so it wouldn't be that huge of stretch there.

That's great though I just had a strange thought. What if you need Zekrom/Reshiram within your party in order for Kyurem to turn into Black/White Kyurem? The movie and several other sources seem to implied that Kyurem steals power from them to meet it's own goal so it wouldn't be that huge of stretch there.
I really don't like basing things off of the anime, but neither Dragon happen to be present in the upcoming movie from the looks of it. And being forced to keep a Pokemon in the party just to access the form is rather...strange.

However the party idea could work, but with a different method--perhaps some sort of an option to have either Reshiram/Zekrom "transfer" energy over to Kyurem and you could feel free to store the Dragon after. Maybe with some sort of a time limit or like Shaymin, getting a certain status condition will revert them back to normal.

It's up in the air right now, honestly.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Agreed. They might get a signature move that skips IB/FS charge turn. That would be awesome. And when you use that move it would also protect you.
Umm... when GameFreak designed these moves, it was obviously with Kyurem in mind. Whether or not they already had decided for making new Kyurem formes, we can only speculate. But anyway: Why the heck would they design the moves with a charge-up turn, if their ONLY user had a way to negate it?

Also, AvatarMew, you "sound" rather asthmatic with those full stops. Reminds me of that guy in Malcolm in the Middle.

New theory concerning the form change of the Genies. Please bear in mind that there is very, very little evidence to support this, but it doesn't openly contradict anything either:

Similar to Sinnoh's Odd Keystone, the Reflecting Mirror, a Key Item, is to be placed at a location (possibly Abundant Shrine). As long as it is in place, the Genies will be transformed to the Beast form. When removed, they will revert. Perhaps the Dream Radar Genies behave the other way round, becoming Genies with the Mirror in place and Beasts otherwise.

Umm... when GameFreak designed these moves, it was obviously with Kyurem in mind. Whether or not they already had decided for making new Kyurem formes, we can only speculate. But anyway: Why the heck would they design the moves with a charge-up turn, if their ONLY user had a way to negate it?

Also, AvatarMew, you "sound" rather asthmatic with those full stops. Reminds me of that guy in Malcolm in the Middle.

New theory concerning the form change of the Genies. Please bear in mind that there is very, very little evidence to support this, but it doesn't openly contradict anything either:

Similar to Sinnoh's Odd Keystone, the Reflecting Mirror, a Key Item, is to be placed at a location (possibly Abundant Shrine). As long as it is in place, the Genies will be transformed to the Beast form. When removed, they will revert. Perhaps the Dream Radar Genies behave the other way round, becoming Genies with the Mirror in place and Beasts otherwise.

I think the signature move thought is saddening. Those moves would be better without the charge turn. On the other hand, the mirror idea is a bit complicated. Not very representative of Game Freak.

It's possible that IB/FS's charge charge up is a way to make it easy for less experienced players to have an easier time catching Kyurem. A item or Lv100 unlock that removes the charge up could be a "reward" for Kyurem in the same vein as Blue Flare and Bolt Strike were for Reshiram and Zekrom for getting to Lv100; both moves which are clearly superior to the other except for that odd moment when fighting N's Dragon who always using Fusion Flare/Bolt as it's first move, expect you to use you Fusion too (unfortunately, GF's "plan" didn't not go well, many probably use Dragonbreath instead).

In fact, instead of removing the charge up, said hyppothecial "reward/upgrade" should make said charge up an invulnerability period like Shadow Force, just so it's not too broken.

1. It's Trollfreak
2. Smeargle
3. It's also possible that they could give those moves to an event pokemon, just like Rayquaza got V-Create and other things nobody saw coming.
If they did have a way to by-pass the charge up turn, why not explicitly show that rather than specifically showcasing that they have to charge up because they are SO POWERFUL YOU GUYS

So... from what I can gather from the recent updates, the Kami Trio will have access to their original abilities (Prankster and Sand Force) in both Reincarnation and Sacred Beast formes if they originated in BW1; and, conversely, their Hidden Abilities (the Sacred Beasts' being Regenerator, Volt Absorb, and Intimidate; Reincarnations', Defiant and Sheer Force) if they originated in the Dream Radar (AR Searcher). Awesome! :D

Assuming Sacred Beast Thundurus retains a hefty amount of its Reincarnation Forme's speed, it will almost assuredly go straight to Ubers with that Prankster Nasty Plot and buffed base Sp.Attack. Then again, even with a nerfed speed stat, it would still have Prankster Thunder Wave...

If Sacred Beast Tornadus gets Roost... *passes out momentarily* ...it'll be like a bulkier (I assume) Sableye with that Prankster! :D

Sand Force Sacred Beast Landorus = DAT POWAH *.*

While I have hope that IB/FS will somehow be made usable, we have to remember that Game Freak could still wound up trolling us. Without auto charge, Black Kyurem will be hard pressed to take advantage of it's stats. It might not even pick up Icicle Crash, nor Fusion Bolt or even Wild Charge depending on if the Kyurem forms have an upgrading TM list. It's possible that Kyurem might be limited to R/Z's lvl up movesets (Kyurem and WK have been shown using Flamethrower in plenty trailers) minus signature moves, and BK is then only stuck with Thunderbolt, Thunder, and Thunder Fang. It's SpA is likely to still be great though, so it could probably do well as a mixed wallbreaker.

WK would still have Ice Beam, Blizzard (for hail teams), DM, and likely Fire Blast. Assuming it's got some kind of item to boost it's Fire attacks, WK could still enjoy success, especially on Sun teams... but it will still wish that it could abuse that 140 BP Ice attack instead of a 95 BP. Oh, and Attack is probably decent enough to let it Outrage Blissey.

So... from what I can gather from the recent updates, the Kami Trio will have access to their original abilities (Prankster and Sand Force) in both Reincarnation and Sacred Beast formes if they originated in BW1; and, conversely, their Hidden Abilities (the Sacred Beasts' being Regenerator, Volt Absorb, and Intimidate; Reincarnations', Defiant and Sheer Force) if they originated in the Dream Radar (AR Searcher). Awesome! :D
Serebii said:
However, if you transfer the Pokémon from Black & White and use the item, they will transform into Sacred Beast Forme, but with the Sacred Beast Forme Pokémon having the same ability as if they were caught in Dream Radar.
So basically Prankster Incarnation Forme Thundurus/Tornadus will become Volt Absorb/Regenerator Sacred Beast Forme. Same deal with Landorus.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think its actually the Sacred Beast Forme keeps Regeneration/Volt Absorb/Intimidate no matter what as long as its in that form. For incarnation:

If from B/W: Prankster/Prankster/Sand Force
If from DR: Defiant/Defiant/Sheer Force

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Not Captured in Dream Radar:
Consider it like Shaymin. Two formes, each one has one ability.
Mirror swaps forms, which changes the ability too.

Captured in Dream Radar:
0x42 ability flag is set, forcing the DW ability for both.
Mirror swaps forms; since DW flag is set it will have its first DW ability (which is the same across forms)

vvv has it right too.

breh

強いだね
Lucario Guy, I understood it differently.

If I'm getting it right, it means this:

Beast Landorus: Intimidate / Sheer Force
Beast Tornadus: Regenerator / Defiant
Beast Thundurus: Volt Absorb / Defiant
Landorus: Sand Force / Sheer Force
Tornadus: Prankster / Defiant
Thundurus: Prankster / Defiant

On the plus side, this means that all of the DW abilities are now available. Special Landorus will be a fun, Nidoking-esque gimmick. Oh, and Defiant Tornadus is sure to be neat.

EDIT: Damn, double ninja'd.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
https://twitter.com/#!/BulbanewsNOW

According to Bulbanews and translated from the official website, Kanto starter events will have access to Block and False Swipe, with each starter having a different exclusive move. Squirtle gets Follow Me, Charmander gets Acrobatics (does Charizard have it already?), and Bulbasaur gets Weather Ball. Follow Me Blastoise will be interesting in VGC, while Weather Ball Venusaur will prove to make it even more of a monster than it already is.
I'm not great at Japanese but the starters have their normal abilities for sure, not their hidden ones. I know that "Fresh Greenery" is the Japanese name for Overgrow. No Chlorophyll Weather Ball for Venusaur.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm liking Follow Me Blastoise. The more Follow Me users available, the better. It'll be a shame that it gives up neato moves like Fake Out, Aqua Jet and Muddy Water, but it still gets Scald and Bulldoze I suppose.

EDIT: Gem Acrobatics Charizard anyone? Why Block and False Swipe?

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Lucario Guy, I understood it differently.

If I'm getting it right, it means this:

Beast Landorus: Intimidate / Sheer Force
Beast Tornadus: Regenerator / Defiant
Beast Thundurus: Volt Absorb / Defiant
Landorus: Sand Force / Sheer Force
Tornadus: Prankster / Defiant
Thundurus: Prankster / Defiant

On the plus side, this means that all of the DW abilities are now available. Special Landorus will be a fun, Nidoking-esque gimmick. Oh, and Defiant Tornadus is sure to be neat..
I think it's more like this:

Transferred BW1 Incarnation Tornadus: Prankster
Transferred BW1 Incarnation Thundurus: Prankster
Transferred BW1 Incarnation Landorus: Sand Force

Transferred BW1 Beast Tornadus: Regenerator
Transferred BW1 Beast Thundurus: Volt Absorb
Transferred BW1 Beast Landorus: Intimidate

Dream Radar-Captured Incarnation Tornadus: Defiant
Dream Radar-Captured Incarnation Thundurus: Defiant
Dream Radar-Captured Incarnation Landorus: Sheer Force

Dream Radar-Captured Beast Tornadus: Regenerator
Dream Radar-Captured Beast Thundurus: Volt Absorb
Dream Radar-Captured Beast Landorus: Intimidate

"When you change the form of the Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus captured in the Dream Radar game by using the Reflecting Mirror, the Pokémon will have their Hidden Ability. That's Defiant for Tornadus & Thundurus and Sheer Force for Landorus. However, if you transfer the Pokémon from Black & White and use the item, they will transform into Sacred Beast Forme, but with the Sacred Beast Forme Pokémon having the same ability as if they were caught in Dream Radar."

The beast abilities are always the same.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think it's more like this:

That's not how abilities work.

If it has its DW ability, it has a Hidden Ability flag (0x42 = 01). Regardless of what form it is currently in, that flag ensures it keeps its DW ability.

Without that flag, it is impossible to legitimately have a DW ability.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
That's not how abilities work.

If it has its DW ability, it has a Hidden Ability flag (0x42 = 01). Regardless of what form it is currently in, that flag ensures it keeps its DW ability.

Without that flag, it is impossible to legitimately have a DW ability.
Yes you are correct.
It's like Flygon. Flygon has a Hidden Ability but it's Levitate, yet it can still breed Trapinch with their Hidden Ability Sheer Force.
The Beast's normal Ability and Hidden Ability are the same.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm not great at Japanese but the starters have their normal abilities for sure, not their hidden ones. I know that "Fresh Greenery" is the Japanese name for Overgrow. No Chlorophyll Weather Ball for Venusaur.
Gah. Why even bother distributing them, Game Freak...

Bulbanews's Twitter said:
Next month's CoroCoro to contain a "Legendary Pokémon Scoop Book".
HERE WE GO, VOLTURN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)