Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guaranteed shiny Patrat encounter....
Atleast the LoR Red Gyarados didn't suck.

Oh, and ice in old maps confirmed for BS hiding, I doubt many will be surprised by this though.

Differences I'm noticing between the old and new maps:
-That whole set of routes and tunnel in the bottom left we already knew about
-New Dot near Mistralton City somewhere in the vicinity of Twist Mountain
-The Dot for Dragonspiral Tower appears to be missing unless it's being hidden by the label in the top left
-Challenger's Cave is gone (think we already knew about this too)
-Route 10 is gone
-New Town/City and two dots to the west of Undella Town
-Short Route to a new dot going up the coast to the northeast of Undella Town
-New really long route from Undella Town with a significant water portion, a new Town/City, and a new dot to reach the Elite Four

Yeah it looks like you go a totally different route to get to the e4, but I'm guessing the town before e4 is Shizui's town, so does that mean he's the 8th gym leader?

Also, how it shows what pokemon are in each route is one the most brilliant things they have done.

breh

強いだね
Man, I really like how colorful the early routes of this game seem to look. I mean, Magby on one of the earlier routes? That's pretty damn nice.

Dusparce earlygame may be, hilariously enough, OP at that stage.

@below, admittedly, true

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Route 10 was my favorite route in BW and now it's gone ;_;

Also, Dunsparce was available early in GSC and HGSS, it wasn't broken then.

Pokejungle is reporting that Alder is no longer the Champion......... and that he's good friends with your mom. We all know what that last part means.:naughty:

Looks like i wont be catching anything in route 19 lol.
From looking at what pokejungle says am assuming that riolu will be in the shaking grass in the Sangi Ranch area.

I doubt that they would change it halfway through a generation, especially since the type chart has been unchanged since... Gen II. I don't see any reason why Gamefreak would do that now. Yes I know Gamefreak has done ridiculous and stupid things in the past, but surely they can't be that dumb, right?

This just keeps getting better and better...from all we know now, this could possibly be the best Pokemon game EVER.
Ture, we would've found all this out in a few days, but it doesn't hurt to find out early on.
Showing which Pokemon are on each route...that's awesome. Magby/Elekid and Riolu early on (Among other things)...awesome. Dunsparce early on...meh. It's shaping up to be an awesome game.

I doubt that they would change it halfway through a generation, especially since the type chart has been unchanged since... Gen II. I don't see any reason why Gamefreak would do that now. Yes I know Gamefreak has done ridiculous and stupid things in the past, but surely they can't be that dumb, right?
Well, this is also the first time that trading is possible between games confirmed to take place at different points in time.

Sorry if this is has been answered already, but is there any news on the professor for these games?
I don't see anything about going to meet a professor in the dengeki scans, or about getting a Pokedex for that matter :/

EDIT @Above: I never played them but it's my understanding that you could trade between 1st and 2nd gen games, which did not take place at the same time.

Sorry if this is has been answered already, but is there any news on the professor for these games?
I don't see anything about going to meet a professor in the dengeki scans, or about getting a Pokedex for that matter :/

EDIT @Above: I never played them but it's my understanding that you could trade between 1st and 2nd gen games, which did not take place at the same time.
I thought Bianca was the new proffesor?

I believe it was confirmed that you get you starter and Dex from Bianca, who delivers them on behalf of Juniper.
Correct! Juniper is still the designated professor; Bianca simply serves as the professor's aide, like all those scientist-looking guys did for Professor Oak in previous games.

The fact that a Sage tells you that no one's seen N would suggest that he's not the champion, wouldn't it? Particularly since your B/W1 character defeated him AND Alder, and entered the Hall of Fame, I'd say he was dethroned then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)