Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Just wishful thinking here, but... could Regigigas finally get some love here? It's a magnificent Pokémon that got chained down with its terrible ability, then spat on as it didn't get ANY recovery moves to help it survive, and completely neutered when it missed Protect too. Perhaps they will give it some love now? Slack Off could work, and make Substitute viable so you can take hits until Slow Start deactivates. You'd be left with two attack slots, but at least you could hit like a truck with those two attacks.

That, or perhaps they'll nerf Slow Start so it takes three turns to deactivate, not five. Either way, Regigigas is so nerfed at the moment it's not even funny. Without some level of hindrance, it would be broken, but GameFreak took it too far in my eyes.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Went to sleep while stuff was going down. Anyhow I can already see some nice sets coming together.

Heal Bell Dragonite, oh how I missed you.
Iron Fist Infernape finally got it's ideal moveset with Thunderpunch & Fire Punch.
Stealth Rock Gliscor sounds very nice. Roost will certainly be outclassed by Protect for most sets. It's not like recovery is an issue.
DW OU's Specs Espeon is getting a new Trick. Not sure if it's worth giving up Grass Knot over. Maybe Shadow Ball.
Pain Split Drought Nintales. Delicious.

Went to sleep while stuff was going down. Anyhow I can already see some nice sets coming together.

Heal Bell Dragonite,
oh how I missed you. Heal Bell was a 4th gen Tutor and Nite didn't get it so unless there's confimration it can learn it now... It will probably get Superpower though, which is nice.
Iron Fist Infernape finally got it's ideal moveset with Thunderpunch & Fire Punch. Pretty sure it will still use Flare Blitz for Fire STAB on most sets, but now even Gyara and to a lesser extent Jellicent have to fear DW Nape.
Stealth Rock Gliscor sounds very nice. Roost will certainly be outclassed by Protect for most sets. It's not like recovery is an issue. Oh shi....
DW OU's Specs Espeon is getting a new Trick. Not sure if it's worth giving up Grass Knot over. Maybe Shadow Ball. Already suffers from 4MSS, not too thrilled about this but it's something I guess.
Pain Split Drought Nintales. Delicious. Meh, unreliable recovery is unreliable.
Comments added in bold, also, Elemental Punches on everything! And maybe Roost Volcarona?

Can't wait for all the movepool changes.... Some tutor moves have potential, but I wonder which pokemon get them.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Comments added in bold
Actually Dragonite learned Heal Bell in 4th Gen, which is why I missed using it since Multiscale is kinda too good to pass on.
The draw of Iron Fist is primarily Thunderpunch & Mach Punch. Flare Blitz is often considered inferior in DW just because Infernape murders itself with recoil & LO recoil. It's a judgement call for the most part; I just said ideal because it's the most used option.
Specs Espeon does not have any moveslot issues bar dealing with Heatran. It doesn't even need HP Fighting since Grass Knot does about 70~80% to Defensive Tyranitar and can OHKO Offensive ones after SR. Trick vs Shadow Ball would be a judgement call for the most part; Shadow Ball's great for it's coverage while Trick has more utility to it.
Pain Split is at least better than what Tyranitar has and stealing some health from an incoming weather inducer never hurts. It keeps Blissey from interfering too much as well. Defensive Ninetales will appreciated it, but offensive ones already are troubled for move slots so they'll definitely pass on it.
And maybe Roost Volcarona?
Oh God. How horrifying.

Actually Dragonite learned Heal Bell in 4th Gen Nope, it got it from XD, it was incompatable with the 4th gen Move Tutor, try it yourself if you don't believe me.
And I still think something that's killed by a light breeze would rather run a 120bp recoil move rather than a 90 bp move (pretty sure that's the BP for IF boosted Fire Punch), except on Sash sets for obvious reasons.

EDIT: Nooooo, ninja'd by 1 second, stupid slow internet.

If you're gonna say your body is ready, you have to post the pic. It's non-negotiable.
Whoops, I thought since Roost is now a Tutor, meh I'll wait until some online dexes are updated.

I also saw on Serebii there's apparently a feature on Random Matchup that punishes disconnectors.

19:27; Cresselia is Level 68 on the Marvelous Bridge after obtaining the Lunar Wing

So Cresselia is confirmed. Why Lv. 68, though? That just seems random.

Just saw this
Serebii said:
Castelia City has sewers, which are filled with Zubat and Rattata
Sounds like fun, now all we need is a place full of Bidoof and Geodude.
Also,
Serebii said:
Lenora is said to revive your fossils
Did we really need to bring her back? I was so happy when I heard she wasn't a GL, do we really need her as the fossil reviver?

I would doubt it, but we can't say for sure yet.
Also, Hilbert/Hilda is out looking for N. Who knew. So they're ingame, just not champion.
But does it import their biographical data (Gender/Name/maybe more?) from a Unova Link'd Black/White Version? Does it always default to Hilbert? Does it depend on the gender of the PC in B2/W2?

so many questions now that aren't answered

Unconfirmed reports from 2ch suggest that the gender matches the gender of the protagonist (Hilbert for Kyouhei, Hilda for Mei) and the legendary matches the cartridge (Zekrom for White 2, Reshiram for Black 2).

Whoops, I thought since Roost is now a Tutor, meh I'll wait until some online dexes are updated.
I think by "you have to post a pic" he meant a pic of Reggie, not an in-game shot. :P

Also, now all those fanfic writers have some canon stuff to put in their Protagonist x N stories. XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)