Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

By becoming the new Flareon, I meant that Zapdos will never, ever get the move people are waiting for.

Zapdos is awesome and rocks, don't get me wrong. But giving Hurricane to the other birds (even WINGULL) is just trolling ala Flareon.
Wingull has had Hurricane since BW, since it is a Water/Flying type (water and air elements to a Hurricane).

Anyway, I wonder why they didn't expand egg moves this time around? They went overboard on the tutor moves so I'm not complaining, but it's something they've done every time.

Ah, OK, yeah, that's true enough. I notice that not only did Flareon once again miss out on Blaze Kick, but none of the Eeveelutions got anything new in the way of level-up moves.
Vaporeon got Water Pulse, which is nice because you otherwise had to rely on Water Gun until Surf.

I think Zapdos would have been too powerful with hurricane, honestly.

I mean, really?

252 SpAtk Life Orb Zapdos (+SpAtk) Hurricane vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Gastrodon (+SpDef) : 52.35% - 61.5%
2-3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Wingull has had Hurricane since BW, since it is a Water/Flying type (water and air elements to a Hurricane).

Anyway, I wonder why they didn't expand egg moves this time around? They went overboard on the tutor moves so I'm not complaining, but it's something they've done every time.

Vaporeon got Water Pulse, which is nice because you otherwise had to rely on Water Gun until Surf.
They were feeling trolly

By becoming the new Flareon, I meant that Zapdos will never, ever get the move people are waiting for.

Zapdos is awesome and rocks, don't get me wrong. But giving Hurricane to the other birds (even WINGULL) is just trolling ala Flareon.
But it's still meh in the end. Zapdos is plenty viable without Hurricane, it doesn't make or break it.

Flareon's movepool is just absolutely atrocious, and without the wanted moves will NEVER be relevant.

In other words, people will get over Zapdos not having Hurricane, but it's kind of hard to get over Flareon having...nothing.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

yeah but it's always been the best in its trio unlike flareon, who got trolled in gen iv with SR compared to jolteon and vaporeon where zapdos got the least trolled compared to arti and moltres (they take 4x, it doesnt). it's gotten much better than its brothers every single gen too, being the only of the three to get drill peck in Gen I. with arti losing its SpA in gen II and moltres being hard-countered by the always OU Starmie since the beginning of pokemon, to zapdos getting baton pass for some crazy reason in gen III (i know it cant have that and lightning rod but still), to getting heat wave in gen IV where SR decided to rule the metagame and make its brothers nigh unusable.

add in its faster speed compared to them, a great coverage move in heat wave that it's rather inexplicably had since gen iv (why should an electric/flying type have a fire move) and an ability that was already great before the SpA boosting Gen V change and certainly much better than snow cloak and flame body, especially in 2v2, and there's really hardly any wonder they didn't give it hurricane. it's like if snorlax got slack off, yeah we would "want" it and it makes perfect sense given that slaking and slowbro get it but really zapdos has been pampered since gen I. flareon has been shit on constantly since gen II, being the only fully evolved fire type to not learn solarbeam in addition to the laughable no flare blitz thing in gen IV in addition to SR

i dont really care that much about it but i miss posting i guess?

Lots of bird Pokemon got Heat Wave though. I think the designers were focusing more on the wind part of the move than the fire.

Anyone care to ponder why of all the new Pokemon, only Beartic and Kyurem got learnset tweaks and no one got new egg moves? I know we have tutors, but geeze.
GF: "BECAUSE WE DESIGNED THEM PERFECTLY AND THERE WAS NOTHING TO CHANGE."

Lots of bird Pokemon got Heat Wave though. I think the designers were focusing more on the wind part of the move than the fire.

Anyone care to ponder why of all the new Pokemon, only Beartic and Kyurem got learnset tweaks and no one got new egg moves? I know we have tutors, but geeze.
GF: "BECAUSE WE DESIGNED THEM PERFECTLY AND THERE WAS NOTHING TO CHANGE."
To be fair, most of the Gen V pokemon are great as is. Beartic needed AJ like whoa.

Hopefully the tutors help the last few Gen V pokemon in need of better moves like Klingklang and Escavalier.

So no new egg moves, all moveset changes and all move tutors accounted for and only the move tutor distribution left?

Am I the only one horribly disturbed by absolutely nothing getting Rapid Spin whilst Stealth Rock is back on everyone and their mother?

So no new egg moves, all moveset changes and all move tutors accounted for and only the move tutor distribution left?

Am I the only one horribly disturbed by absolutely nothing getting Rapid Spin whilst Stealth Rock is back on everyone and their mother?
Nope.

Its like Trollfreak is dead set on kicking SR weak pokes while the're down.

Superpower Flygon sounds interesting, finally a way to distinguish himself from Garchomp & perhaps Hydreigon if they don't get the move.

Flygon @ Choice Band / Scarf
Outrage | Earthquake | Superpower | U-Turn / Fire Blast
Sounds nice.

So while people are digging around in the code: What about Glaciate
Does it still have that unique effect number?

So while people are digging around in the code: What about Glaciate
Does it still have that unique effect number?
My guess would be that the effect number is the flag that tells the game to erase it and replace it with the proper charge move when Kyurem omnomnoms his brothers. But I'm not a code monkey so it's just an idle guess.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Superpower Flygon sounds interesting, finally a way to distinguish himself from Garchomp & perhaps Hydreigon if they don't get the move.

Flygon @ Choice Band / Scarf
Outrage | Earthquake | Superpower | U-Turn / Fire Blast
Sounds nice.
Or Fire Punch, since it's a tutor again.

I though Kyurem came from out of space( that and the fact that most pokes from the Giant Chasm are aliens)...atleast thats what i understood from B/W 1.

I dont think he is related to the other two.

Nope.

Its like Trollfreak is dead set on kicking SR weak pokes while the're down.
I think it's more that Game Freak is focusing on the Japanese metagame, where it's more 3v3 and double battles than single 6v6, so Stealth Rock is less of a concern (or game breaker, arguably) due to format.

Choice Scarf Thunderus is going to be a force to be reckoned with. Nice speed 101, but not amazingly fast, amazing SPA (145 wha?) and poor defenses. I see him getting even more use on rain teams with a Thunder/ Hurricane/ HP Coverage (does he get volt switch? if so that too)

I don't know about kyurem, but I'm fairly certain that 170 offensive stat on both formes is going to keep him out of OU. It'll be interesting to see if he can actually survive in the Ubers meta though, with sub-par speed and a weird typing.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Choice Scarf Thunderus is going to be a force to be reckoned with. Nice speed 101, but not amazingly fast, amazing SPA (145 wha?) and poor defenses. I see him getting even more use on rain teams with a Thunder/ Hurricane/ HP Coverage (does he get volt switch? if so that too)

I don't know about kyurem, but I'm fairly certain that 170 offensive stat on both formes is going to keep him out of OU. It'll be interesting to see if he can actually survive in the Ubers meta though, with sub-par speed and a weird typing.
I don't think Thundurus-T gets Hurricane. So probably Thunder / HP Ice / Nasty Plot / filler.

Here is a link to the move tutors in Japanese.

http://pokebook.jp/data/bw2/move_learn.html

Here is the key to decipher

Code:
	Red(赤)		Blue(青)		Yellow(黄)	Green(緑)

1	Bug Bite	Magic Coat	Bind		Gastro Acid
2	Covet		Block		Snore		Worry Seed
3	Super Fang	Earth Power	Knock Off	Spite
4	Double Chop	Foul Play	Synthesis	After You
5	Signal Beam	Gravity		Heat Wave	Helping Hand
6	Iron Head	Magnet Rise	Role Play	Trick
7	Seed Bomb	Iron Defense	Heal Bell	Magic Room
8	Drill Run	Last Resort	Tailwind	Wonder Room
9	Bounce		Superpower	Sky Attack	Endeavor
10	Low Kick	Elecroweb	Pain Split	Outrage
11	Gunk Shot	Icy Wind	Giga Drain	Recycle
12	Uproar		Aqua Tail	Drain Punch	Snatch
13	Thunderpunch	Dark Pulse	Roost       	Stealth Rock
14	Fire Punch	Zen Headbutt			Sleep Talk
15	Ice Punch	Dragon Pulse			Skill Swap
16			Hyper Voice		
17			Iron Tail
off serebii forums

And, yes, Serperior got Dragon Pulse

Holy cow, this sound track is really impressive just from the remixes alone!

[youtube]6ly61W4pqRY[/youtube]
[youtube]-ULAKv3O4mc[/youtube]
[youtube]WTw2p6UtBVY[/youtube]
[youtube]EmSGReWTDKk[/youtube]

Finally, the Move Tutor decipheration begins.

And, yes, Serperior got Dragon Pulse
Nice.

I would have preferred word on the Weezing/Gunk Shot situation, of course, but I'm glad Serperior's movepool is getting help.

EDIT: Ghetsis's music sounds like Miror B. took the original Ghetsis battle theme and remixed it himself. It's awesome.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Random note: I think they raised the base happiness of happiness evolution Pokemon in BW2. Both my Riolu and Azurill evolved at 19 without the use of any vitamins/etc. Normally happiness evolution Pokemon evolve mid to late 20s.

Random note: I think they raised the base happiness of happiness evolution Pokemon in BW2. Both my Riolu and Azurill evolved at 19 without the use of any vitamins/etc. Normally happiness evolution Pokemon evolve mid to late 20s.
That's good to know. I intend to have a Lucario on my team in Black 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)