1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by RBG, Jun 20, 2012.

1. NixHex

NixHex A new vice president erryonce in a while to keep me busy
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Damn, no more Twister jokes. Sorry alexwolf!!
  2. Sardiini777

Sardiini777

outrage looks awesome \../
  3. Count Serperior

Count Serperior

ugh thanks for confirming Stellar.
    This sucks.

Do you guys know about the rest?
    At first I read that DW Amoonguss (really looking forward to using him, love his whistle!) was found in trees or something, but then I read that these DW pokemon are only found in holes in the wall. I wanna know about the Gible as well : [

How does this DW stuff work?
  4. IncantareFox

IncantareFox

Gible was just released in the Dream World, if you're worried about getting that as a female.
  5. DaRkRaii

DaRkRaii

I'm sorry, but what is the new form of Thundurus' base Special Attack? 140?!?
  6. ace combat

ace combat

Has anyone play tested Tornadus-T, because I think that Game Freak must of finally play tested him to make him good. They gave him Superpower so that he can always kill Tyranitar (without any EV's and a neutral nature) as long as it does not have Chople Berry, Heatwave so that he can always kill Ferrothorn in neutral weather along with making him not useless in the Sun (He can kill Scizor even in rain), and he now has enough bulk to almost always survive strong Priority attacks such as Scizor even after Stealth Rocks. Regenerator is just icing on the cake as it allows for him to properly abuse U-turn without even caring about Stealth Rocks and to counteract Life Orb. His Hurricane is almost as strong as ever and with his newfound speed he is similar to Alakazam as a revenge killer.
  7. Death Phenomeno

Death Phenomeno I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Has it been revealed if:

• Sleep mechanics
    • Life Orb interactions with Sheer Force

Remain the same? (asking about the 1809 Trick Room glitch would be too much, I know)
  8. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Man i got trolled by GF...
  9. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Does anyone know where you pick up Pokemon sent from Dream Radar or if they learn unique moves? I haven't seem little to no new about it.

All male DW Minccino seems like a mixture between "real dick move there Gamefreak" and "It's not all that bad" since while you can't breed more DW Minccino it didn't need it's egg moves all that much.
  10. Stellar

Stellar true and everlasting
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

Sleep mechanics remained the same as BW. I checked as soon as I got Rest in Castelia yesterday.
  11. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

Okay 2 questions for anyone that has access to the games or knowledge.

1. Are zekrom/reshiram able to be encountered shiny now? (Am assuming no but I may be wrong)?

2. Are the wi-fi setting the same as black and white original or does it follow the other games like ss/hg (Aka can it connect to password protected to wifi or does the wifi have to be available)?

Not sure if anyone can answer these yet but if they can that would be a good help.

These games are going to be awesome. Really wish we could get it like a month or two afterwords rather than the 4-6 months it will probably be.
  12. DarkMaelstrom

DarkMaelstrom

Man, I'm really excited for these games. The move tutors info is a nice touch. It sucks that Escavalier got nothing noteworthy. No Fire Punch for Haxorus sucks too. But hey, some Pokemon can take up their old Gen 4 strategies even more effectively and some got more dangerous. I'm excited to try out the Kami's Therian formes as well as some Pokemon who got major movepool adjustments.
    Also, having more Pokemon with DM Abilities in-game is great for me, since I don't have acces to other Dream World 'mons...
  13. AJC

AJC

it doesn't really matter the only egg move that remotely worthy of use is aqua tail and it now gets it by tutor.

it still gets all the multi-hit moves it would want anyways and gen 5 doesn't restrict IV/nature combos so it can be gotten in any IV/nature.
  14. Tombstoner

Tombstoner

Anyone here know the password for the last room in Team Plasma's hideout/ship thing?
  15. Death Phenomeno

Death Phenomeno I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Thanks. If anyone knows about Life Orb + Sheer Force, let us know!
  16. TROP

TROP [02:45] <~Molk> i have a personal hatred for druddigon
    is a Tiering Contributor

I don't know if it is the ROM I'm using, but so far (I'm at Mistrialton currently) all breeders seem to be infinite rematches when I leave the area and come back.
  17. DaRkRaii

DaRkRaii

Depending on if the new Thundurus forme is OU or not, I can already think of a set to abuse it. It will entirely stop Volt Turn, come in on Rotom, get a Special Attack boost, Sub on the switch and hit hard from there. Possibly setting up a Nasty Plot and easy sweeping. It has the same base speed as Garchomp with a more monstrous attacking stat, so... Yea.
  18. Tombstoner

Tombstoner

2202 if anyone needs it.
    Had to copy Japanese characters one by one into a translator...took about 20 minutes not counting getting through the place first.
  19. SuperJOCKE

SuperJOCKE Lowtier Warrior!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Actually, BW2, just like BW, have special features on DSi/3DS, aka DSi enhanced, which makes them region locked on these handhelds. This is because of the Xtransceiver, the video chat feature included in these games which uses the cameras on the DSi and 3DS.

The games are not region locked on DS or DSlite however.
  20. Colonel M

Colonel M I don't suck it's my team that sucks!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

If someone can tell me where Larvitar is located, you will be loved by this tyrant forever.
  21. King Serperior

King Serperior

I have heard rumors of Larvatar and Beldum being version exclusives. I believe that something was said in the old thread, but no one confirmed or denied it.

Is there any confirmation on this?

Edit: Ninja'd half my question!!!
  22. Silent Storm

Silent Storm

Um, I was talking about the English release of BW2. I am well aware of DSi enhanced games being region locked, but the English BW1 works perfectly fine on my DSi and 3DS, which I bought in the UK, and I imported BW1 from the US.
  23. TROP

TROP [02:45] <~Molk> i have a personal hatred for druddigon
    is a Tiering Contributor

I have a black2, I had to hack to find out about Larvitar and Beldum and got this:
    They don't appear in the wild.

Tyranitar and Metagross are wild encounters.Same with Metang and Pupitar.

pics (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: Fucked up Tyranitar and Pupitar, they appear on the route before Black City. Metagross is on the same location than Metang
  24. pharaohcalvin

pharaohcalvin

Any news about wi-fi features. Like online battle subway with friends?
  25. King Serperior

King Serperior

Thanks!! Now....I needz me Metang....

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)