1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by RBG, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

Speaking of which, are those people who will buy certain items at much higher prices still present in B2/W2?
  2. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

World Tournament has that.
  3. Colonel M

Colonel M I don't suck it's my team that sucks!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

So just random opinions on the soundtrack: most of it is so solid, but I'll put some of the thoughts in spoilers:
    Show Hide
    E4 theme - so glad they didn't change this one.
    Champion theme - What is it as of late and the Champion theme being so not really... bad ass? At least it matches with the theme... so I can't complain too much.
    Johto Gym Theme - honestly, a disappointment. I loved HG/SS's theme so much more than this. I guess it's not "bad", though, by any means. Just not as epic, per se.

I'm loving most of the sound tracks though. They did an awesome job with this game. Mad props, Gamefreak.
  4. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

The description of the Mulch confirms this, yeah.

edit basing it off this guy
  5. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

Oh, so there's someone who'll buy the mulch? I was actually referring to the ones that already existed, though- especially the guy who you sell the Relic items to. I have a full set of them in Black version I intend to trade over in order to be financially set in Black 2.
  6. R_N

R_N

If they added one for mulch I'm sure they did not take away the others
  7. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

We're still unlocking the secrets of B2W2 and, as some of you may know, N's Pokemon have special sparkle animations.

[youtube]YMyo_Il8PlY[/youtube]

Here's an example of another sparkle animation. We still don't know what they are for or how to get them asides from hacking.

-- N's animation on a shiny Pokemon (they do stack!)

[​IMG]
  8. R_N

R_N

Is it possible the animation may be tied to a ribbon? Like one of those special ribbons that keep things off the GTS
  9. Kaphotics

No, it's a hidden hex in the PKM data that has no relation to ribbons. It's a flag that says "play this too!"

Consider it like a ball capsule, except totally different and we don't know how to change it.
  10. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

Odd. I saw a video where someone sent out their Zoroark, and it had some sort of unique sparkle, but it looked nothing like that Thundurus's.

Nevertheless, N's Pokémon intrigue me greatly now.
  11. OmegaForte

OmegaForte

That explains why when I was using Zoroark without it having Illusion activated have that extra animation.

The music got much better in B/W 2. Favorite ones atm are Team Plasma, Ghetis, and champion Iris themes.
  12. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

So, I'm guessing N's Pokémon will appear in the wild wherever their kind are normally found? IE: his Pidove will only appear in areas populated by other Pidove, his Darumaka in the Route 4 area, etc. How early can this happen? How rare are they? Can anyone provide a video of the player encountering one of N's Pokémon in the wild?
  13. IncantareFox

IncantareFox

Huh. serebii has stuff like "A fertilizer to be spread on soft soil. It ups the number of times new plants grow where mature plants withered." for descriptions. Guess he just put up the older text.
  14. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

Wait this confused me more then it should. If you battle N's pokemon in the wild your pokemon does the shine/sparkle thingy? Not N's pokemon itself?
  15. Wishy

Wishy

So you can only send it through via local wireless? Boo. Does the key carry over if you start a new game?

Thanks.
  16. Too Funk to Druck

Too Funk to Druck

The picture's showing what N's Pokemon sparkling thingy looks on a shiny Pokemon given it, not that the sparkle thing happens on your Pokemon when you encounter N's Pokemon.

Basically it's an example of what could happen, not what may necessarily happen.
  17. R_N

R_N

I don't think we have a solid answer on that. Probably not?
  18. Hamstern

Hamstern

I just met a Breloom in a hidden hollow :O But all these Hidden hollow pokémon seam to be gender-locked male so far :/
  19. MB Espeon

MB Espeon

Well, there was a picture of a female foongus from a hollow. Also I haven't heard anything other than the minccino being male only. But I might have missed something.
  20. Hamstern

Hamstern

Okay, so far all my hidden hollow pokés have been male, but that is determinated when you enter the hollow or something :/ Regarding N's pokémon, they seam to be somewhat easy to run into :) Uhm, N's Boldore is Naive :/ Looks like is also have all 30 IVs thought :P
  21. Aleva

Aleva

Are all of N's Pokemon's Natures and IVs set or are they random? Serebii says that with the exception of Zorua (cause it was a gift) they're random, has this been confirmed yet?
  22. Purimpopoie

Purimpopoie

According to Serebii, N's Pokémon (other than Zorua) only appear after you Memory Link with Black/White. I'm curious as to what other things are unlocked via this feature...

EDIT: I had a bit of a flash of inspiration, and I looked back at the stationary encounters list back on page 29. Was that encounter table drawn up from data with both Black 2 and White 2? Or just one game? I'm wondering if you can dragonjack the previous PC if you Memory Link and get another Reshi/Zek in B2W2 from using Memory Link.
  23. Lork

Lork

24. SuperJOCKE

SuperJOCKE Lowtier Warrior!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

So like the first thing I'm going to do is to fix that Memory Link right away. Cathing these Pokémon sounds like a lot of fun. (2 days left)

Other stuff that happens with Memory Link includes special events with the Striaton trio, Lenora, and other characters, as well as your old accessories for the Pokémon Musical carries over.

I don't know if there anything else though.
  25. Kaphotics

It was a "similar script" search; between the two games there are no differences in scripts, however certain encounters are prevented for certain versions.

It was for both games.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)