1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by RBG, Jun 20, 2012.

1. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Levels aren't raised except for the e4 which gets bumped like a level or 2.
    It will add/change (Burgh completely loses Swadloon) Pokemon, give more held items, and change movesets to every Gym Leader, E4 Member, and the Champion.
    It ups the Trainer AI difficulty level presumably for everyone but vanilla trainers (& Plasma trainers) won't experience team changes.

We're not sure how much it ups the AI, though, since no one has actually worked with the thing
  2. Tribute

Tribute

Is it confirmed that pinch berries are released in the new DW yet?
  3. R_N

R_N

Can someone who has beat White 2 confirm if you unlocked only Assist Mode
  4. c l e a r

c l e a r

I can. Could it be... Black unlocks Challenge?

So, uh, you can challenge N anytime after releasing Reshi/Zek at Dragonspriral? Or do you have to cap it...
  5. The Shadow Knight

The Shadow Knight

The code is either 2202,7707,9909,"Reshiramu" or "Zekuromu".
  6. R_N

R_N

It's what Serebii thinks (despite not updating the page with it) and supposedly some people with White 2 weren't able to unlock it.

I suppose getting another person to beat Black 2 and confirm not unlocking Assist Mode would help, too.
  7. c l e a r

c l e a r

Neo Plasma Grunt in the left room will tell you the first letter or number whatever.

I got the clue that it begins with "Ze", and that it is a Legendary Pokemon, idk how the number ones work.
  8. bluesun

bluesun

I've beaten Black2, and only unlocked Challenge, no Assist.
    The number ones have people tell you it's a four digit code, it begins with [x], has three digits the same, has a 0 third, and ends in [x].
  9. Scorpion

Scorpion

I also only unlocked Challenge Mode after beating Black 2. It seems GameFreak have successfully trolled us once again.
  10. thunderstone

thunderstone

How well dispersed are the non Unova pokemon as you play through? Do only specific areas have them, or is it all mixed together across the whole region?
  11. SuperJOCKE

SuperJOCKE Deleting...
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

Aww hell no. That's some worldclass bs. Game Freak has really earned the name Troll Freak now...

Got my White today and no I can't get Challenge Mode?

Man, I really do hope both games can get it somehow, without the need to link with the other version. Assist Mode...
  12. Gazooki

Gazooki Wi-Fi Blacklisted

Shit just got real, Serebii's reporting Impostor Ditto being found in Giant Chasm's Hidden Hollow. Soon enough we won't need the Dream World metagame because it'll pretty much be OU.
  13. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Now we just need to wait for whichever derp finds Shadow Tag Litwick.
  14. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Wow, only having one of the alternative difficulty levels per version seems a bit of a kick in the nads. I'll be buying both anyway and playing through Black 2 (when they're released in Europe) so it shouldn't effect me. But I hope I'm right in understanding that you can connect the versions via local wireless and unlock the other mode in your version?
  15. chicobo329

chicobo329

The ability to send over keys doesn't have to be over local wireless; you can do it over Wifi, although I haven't seen any specific details of it yet other than it being simply 'preferred' that you use local wireless to pass over difficulty keys. So I wouldn't get too mad if one difficulty key is exclusive to one version.

EDIT: My apologies, it turns out I had this confused with the Memory Link. However it's still a possibility that you the Key Link would work in a similar function.
  16. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Okay, awesome. Like I said, it wouldn't effect me directly as I still have my DS Lite and a 3DS, and I'll have both versions. Was just curious. I'm also curious to find out more about Memory Link itself as well.

Serebii is also reporting that if we place a Gen IV cartridge in our 3DS and use the Dream Radar, we can catch the cover legendaries (I believe this only works after you've caught the genies):

Diamond: Dialga
    Pearl: Palkia
    Platinum: Giratina
    HeartGold: Ho-Oh
    SoulSilver: Lugia
  17. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Going to be pretty difficult to RNG abuse Dream Radar Pokemon although Pokemon from the Pokewalker were RNG'able so they're still hope.
  18. Quanyails

Quanyails
    is an Artistis a Community Contributor

Does anyone know if Memory Link works only with Black to Black 2 and White to White 2, or is it possible from Black to White 2 and White to Black 2? I'm leaning toward getting Black 2, but I've got White... :/
  19. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

In other news, it's been confirmed that the Striaton Gym Leaders are not the Shadow Triad. I personally take this as a crushing blow, as I was a major supporter of that theory.

But still! Finally, Imposter Ditto is available!
  20. Tux

Tux

Here are the results of my (debugging) tests :

Hidden Hollow Pokémon and Evoli (as gift) CANNOT be shiny. Actually, they are generated like Entralink Forest's Pokémon. Deerling (as gift) cannot too

Regirock, Registeel/Regice, Regigigas, Cresselia, Heatran, Volcarona, Mandibuzz/Braviary (route 4), Foongus & Amoonguss (as Pokeballs) CAN be shiny.

Undella Bay's Jellicent : not tested, probably not (as it has both predetermined gender and DW ability)

Seaside Cave's Crustle : not tested, probably yes
  21. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

Absolutely this. I can't wait for ST Litwick, someone just has to find it. Like Trop finding Soul Dew...
  22. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

Someone on Serebii claims they got a Shiny Dratini in White 2 in place of the Gible.
  23. Sol64

Sol64

Apparently DW Ditto can be caught in the dream radar but I have no confirmation of this.
  24. A Fhaol Bhig

A Fhaol Bhig

dammit. I'm at least hoping vanilla trainers get a boost.
  25. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

I don't know why everyone is still talking about ST Litwick when, most importantly, Imposter Ditto has been released.

I think the latter is going to have a much, much, MUCH bigger impact on the entire metagame.

ALSO, Multiscale Lugia and Regenerator Ho-oh have been released via Dream Radar.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)