Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

canno

formerly The Reptile
I'm with R_N on this, there is little evidence supporting the truth in these.

I would like point that it make no goddamn sense for N to be champion or for Ghetsis to have less pokemon than before. Also, Gym Leaders don't get starter pokemon in their team iirc. Add in the fact that they would not make Horn Leech a tutor move (seeing as it is a signature move, which only gets changed in later generations bar events) and the location of the E4, not to mention fucking skarmory makes this seem like a fake.

However, that tutor list doesn't seem too far from a real one bar Horn Leech and I guess Aqua Tail.

EDIT: Yay, not I don't need to spend a fuck ton of hours in a cave trying to get an elemental stone! :D I mean, I do need to grind up BP points, but at least that's a bit entertaining, if not very entertaining

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Aqua Tail was a Platinum tutor move. They tend to recycle moves so real or not, Aqua Tail is probably around somewhere since I'm sure there's more than one or two tutors.

08:17; There's a move tutor in Drifveil City. He teaches ... These cost Shards to teach
Thank god for Action Replay. Shards are horrible to grind for. There were a good number lying around, but nowhere near enough; and the 5% chance to find a Star Piece on Staryu was just hilarious.

I would like point that it make no goddamn sense for N to be champion or for Ghetsis to have less pokemon than before.
N being champion is a judgment call regarding how the plot of the games goes. As for Ghetsis' roster, they didn't say that's ALL he has.

If that Opelucid move tutor has any basis in fact then holy shit what just happened.

Skyla's team: Swoobat Lv 37, Skarmory Lv 37, Swanna Lv 39

Hahahahahahaha not too far off, really. Levels were off, Swoobat over Unfezant, but they called Skarmory

canno

formerly The Reptile
N being champion is a judgment call regarding how the plot of the games goes. As for Ghetsis' roster, they didn't say that's ALL he has.

If that Opelucid move tutor has any basis in fact then holy shit what just happened.
I find it hard to believe that a character that is suppose to be missing (iirc, this was comfirmed very early) can walk in the story and become champion.

If it is though, then I am going to look like an asshole. :(

And I'm still having a hard time believing Skarmory. It just seems random. At least in Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire you could catch a Skarm, thus the gym leader having a skarm wasn't too far fetched.

After clearing the game, you will be given a Key - this key allows for changing the game's mode, to Assist Mode (trainers' level will go down), and Challenge Mode (levels will go up).

alright game
you have my attention

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tutors + DW abilities and new mons yesyesyes DD+Outrage Moxie Mence is legal now and punches for Timburr line are awesome

...but offset by a welcome balance of a hopefully wider Ice Shard distribution

canno

formerly The Reptile
After clearing the game, you will be given a Key - this key allows for changing the game's mode, to Assist Mode (trainers' level will go down), and Challenge Mode (levels will go up).

alright game
you have my attention
Wait, what!?

This actually sounds amazing.

Does this mean multiple saves? Or do we need to reset the entire game to play challenge mode?

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
What would even get Ice Shard?

Going off of Donphan-logic (aka none) I could see Escavalier, Kabutops, Kyurem obviously, Swampert (He gets Avalanche so why not?), & Blastoise getting the move. Not sure about anything else other than Ice-types.

Ice Punch for Conkeldurr is cute. Now it gets walled by Jellicent, Gyarados, & Tentacruel instead of Gliscor. Well Gyarados less so, but Payback & Stone Edge were both great options.

Krookodile needs some Punches now and Sawk too.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What would even get Ice Shard?

Going off of Donphan-logic (aka none) I could see Escavalier, Kabutops, Kyurem obviously, Swampert (He gets Avalanche so why not?), & Blastoise getting the move. Not sure about anything else other than Ice-types.

Ice Punch for Conkeldurr is cute. Now it gets walled by Jellicent, Gyarados, & Tentacruel instead of Gliscor. Well Gyarados less so, but Payback & Stone Edge were both great options.

Krookodile needs some Punches now and Sawk too.

man, ice shard escavalier would be epic, steel type with ice type priority, gg dnite/mence/ whatever.

ice shard black kyurem would be great too, along with elemental punches sawk :3.

krook would love punches, but would love sucker punch even more, typing and stat wise he is simply a downgraded.

with sucker punch and a cool ability in moxe or intimidate, it could play very similarly to our moling whale, and possibly get more use in OU!

serebii said:
10;34; A new feature of the Random Matchup and Tournaments prevents you from battling for a while if you disconnect on your opponent
Looks like there's finally a disincentive for rage quitting.

Edit:
serebii said:
10:45; More Move Tutors: Last Resort, Iron defense, Magnet Rise, Magic Coat, Block, Hyper Voice, , Electroweb, Icy Wind, , Iron Tail, Aqua Tail, , Earth Power, Zen Headbutt, , Foul Play, , Superpower, Gravity, , Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse. Cost Blue Shards
First thought, not sure how big an impact it will have but Dark Pulse + Earth Power is now legal on Hydreigon.

Serebii just announced more tutors

10:45; More Move Tutors: Last Resort, Iron defense, Magnet Rise, Magic Coat, Block, Hyper Voice, , Electroweb, Icy Wind, , Iron Tail, Aqua Tail, , Earth Power, Zen Headbutt, , Foul Play, , Superpower, Gravity, , Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse. Cost Blue Shards

He did not announce ninjas, though.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Called Aqua Tail. Too outclassed by Waterfall for Game Freak to ever let die. Superpower's great, Earth Power...what would get it that doesn't already? Gravity's always chill.

Sad about Ice Shard but I'm disturbed by the lack of Trick so far. Magic Bounce Espeon needs this.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Hopefully Hyper Voice gets spread everywhere. As far as I know, it's the only decent Normal-type special move (that isn't a signature move) bar Tri Attack.

Aside from that, most of these moves are either bad/gimmicky, outclassed, or already well spread. A few exceptions obviously (the only ones I see without doing any research are Hyper Voice and Superpower, which will hopefully be spread everywhere. I guess it does determine who gets what, but most of these moves seem to be everywhere they need to be already that make sense).

So, I guess the only Gen 4 tutors we're missing thus far are Air Cutter, AncientPower, Dive, Endeavor, Fury Cutter, Gastro Acid, Headbutt, Heal Bell, Helping Hand, Heat Wave, Knock Off, Mud-Slap, Ominous wind, Outrage, Pain Split, Rollout, Sky Attack, Spite, Snore, String Shot, Sucker Punch, Swift, Synthesis, Trick, Twister, Uproar, Vacuum Wave, and Worry Seed?

And the only missing Gen 4 TMs are Focus Punch, Water Pulse, Bullet Seed, Giga Drain, Shock Wave, Secret Power, Steel Wing, Skill Swap, Roost, Brine, Endure, Drain Punch, Silver Wind, Recycle, Avalanche, Stealth Rock, Captivate, Sleep Talk, Natural Gift, Defog, and Whirlpool?

Hopefully Serp gets Earth Power besides the obvious(?) Dragon Pulse. Leaf Storm / Dragon Pulse / Earth Power / HP Fire is an overkill. :p

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Player on 2ch notices that it seems like Heatran is gonna appear. Probably just him, but you never know.
Nope. Heatran is in fact in the game. Don't believe me? Here.
Pokebeach update. Someone with japanese knowledge please step up !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)