Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

Are all of N's Pokemon's Natures and IVs set or are they random? Serebii says that with the exception of Zorua (cause it was a gift) they're random, has this been confirmed yet?

According to Serebii, N's Pokémon (other than Zorua) only appear after you Memory Link with Black/White. I'm curious as to what other things are unlocked via this feature...

EDIT: I had a bit of a flash of inspiration, and I looked back at the stationary encounters list back on page 29. Was that encounter table drawn up from data with both Black 2 and White 2? Or just one game? I'm wondering if you can dragonjack the previous PC if you Memory Link and get another Reshi/Zek in B2W2 from using Memory Link.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So like the first thing I'm going to do is to fix that Memory Link right away. Cathing these Pokémon sounds like a lot of fun. (2 days left)

Other stuff that happens with Memory Link includes special events with the Striaton trio, Lenora, and other characters, as well as your old accessories for the Pokémon Musical carries over.

I don't know if there anything else though.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
According to Serebii, N's Pokémon (other than Zorua) only appear after you Memory Link with Black/White. I'm curious as to what other things are unlocked via this feature...

EDIT: I had a bit of a flash of inspiration, and I looked back at the stationary encounters list back on page 29. Was that encounter table drawn up from data with both Black 2 and White 2? Or just one game? I'm wondering if you can dragonjack the previous PC if you Memory Link and get another Reshi/Zek in B2W2 from using Memory Link.
It was a "similar script" search; between the two games there are no differences in scripts, however certain encounters are prevented for certain versions.

It was for both games.

So, I have been curious about using Wi-Fi to connect to BW1 to battle, and just tried it earlier today. It does work. So then I tried bringing a Therian Tornadus to see if the game would allow me to use it agains someone using BW1, if it wouldn't let me select it on the team preview, or if it would just reset it to its normal form. Turns out it did let me use the therian form, tough my opponent saw it as the normal form on his game. My question is, wich stats are taken into account during the battle? The therian form ones? The normal ones? Or does it depend on whoever is hosting the match? Can one of you tech savy guys look into the game's code and check this out for me, if it hasn't been done already?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So, I have been curious about using Wi-Fi to connect to BW1 to battle, and just tried it earlier today. It does work. So then I tried bringing a Therian Tornadus to see if the game would allow me to use it agains someone using BW1, if it wouldn't let me select it on the team preview, or if it would just reset it to its normal form. Turns out it did let me use the therian form, tough my opponent saw it as the normal form on his game. My question is, wich stats are taken into account during the battle? The therian form ones? The normal ones? Or does it depend on whoever is hosting the match? Can one of you tech savy guys look into the game's code and check this out for me, if it hasn't been done already?
You should be able to tell yourself by looking at its stats in the battle. In any case, if someone was using a Platinum form, and battling a DP game, it had the alternate form's stats, but the old sprite.

Depends On who was hosting the battle. Like in dp vs pt if pt was hosting then it would use platinum's hypnosis accuracy. Shaymin would still be a grass/flying type but would appear as a land forme.

Does only Kyurem or Reshiram/Zekrom have to be shiny to get a shiny B/W-Kyurem or do Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom both have to be shiny to get a shiny B/W-Kyurem?

Also, is it confirmed that the shards are Dream Radar exclusives?

Does only Kyurem or Reshiram/Zekrom have to be shiny to get a shiny B/W-Kyurem or do Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom both have to be shiny to get a shiny B/W-Kyurem?
Only Kyurem have to be shiny, right now I'm not even sure if its possible to catch a shiny Reshiram/Zekrom. Probably not, because it's N's Zekrom/Reshiram that you catch, which is a lame excuse :/

I cannot WAIT to Nuzlocke challenge mode! Notice how the Gym Leaders' new Pokemon/new moves counter the stuff that walks all over them in normal mode? Roxie's Grimer will easily take care of Magnemite with high SpD and Mud Slap, Burgh's Leavanny has Aerial Ace to dispose of Pignite with, etc. I think challenge mode'll be truly hard to beat in places.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm skeptical that Breloom isn't gender locked.

PM me a save file/save state with (player) right next to Breloom, and I can confirm.

Every hidden hollows mon I've tested was gender locked and never-shiny...

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
In case this was not confirmed yet: Life Orb retains it's old interaction with Sheer Force.
I hacked a Sheer Force Conk and gave it the elemental punches to test it, Life Orb is still the same for Sheer Force boosted moves.

There goes my hope of ever getting a green glowstick Zekrom. Thanks Trollfreak....

I don't see why they added it to the Muskedeers too. They really shouldn't block any Pokemon from being shiny...

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I cannot WAIT to Nuzlocke challenge mode! Notice how the Gym Leaders' new Pokemon/new moves counter the stuff that walks all over them in normal mode? Roxie's Grimer will easily take care of Magnemite with high SpD and Mud Slap, Burgh's Leavanny has Aerial Ace to dispose of Pignite with, etc. I think challenge mode'll be truly hard to beat in places.
Where is the list of the challenge team layouts? I can't seem to find it in the thread anywhere... I saw the new teams, but not the movesets/items etc

Anyone have any ideas?

@Above, because trollfreak :P

Where is the list of the challenge team layouts? I can't seem to find it in the thread anywhere... I saw the new teams, but not the movesets/items etc

Anyone have any ideas?

@Above, because trollfreak :P
Yeah, Trollfreak gonna troll. Like denying Haxorus Fire Punch and Escavalier Drill Run wasn't enough, right? Well, it's not a total loss. I already have a Shiny Braviary, and it's not as though Defiant is its best possible ability anyway. As for Mandibuzz, it could always be bred to be Shiny, and Weak Armor is far from its best possible ability.

Seriously, how do they allow Forretress to learn Drill Run and not the likes of Dodrio or Escavalier? Forretress! The damn thing is nearly spherical! And why doesn't Darmanitan get ThunderPunch? Infernape gets ThunderPunch! Heatmor gets ThunderPunch!

On that note, though, I am glad Heatmor finally got its claws on some physical STAB in the way of Fire Punch.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Drill Run was pretty much only given to Pokemon with drill-like horns. For example:

Forretress only gets Drill Run because Pineco does--generally, tutor move compatibility extends across entire families in BW2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)