Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

i guess it could be the same story as that random 0 hp freezing glitch in bw1

also i wonder if the Zoroark glitch that prevents you from battling a certain person and getting a certain legendary is fixed
I think I figured it out. The game cart may have been lose in the system because once I fixed the glitch i went to save and it said the save file couldn't be found. That was probably it. And that jap glitch was fixed for U.S. version.

For some reason, Cynthia was pretty easy. My team averaging Level 59 beat her entire team (Garchomp couldn't 2HKO Weezing, even though it had Fire Blast, THAT'S MY BOOMBALL!)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I was quite underwhelmed by the plot-battle with White Kyurem in Whine 2. Level 52ish Lucario basically 2HKO'd it with Aura Sphere. Then Lucario got curb stomped by Ghetsis.

So according to the Memory Link, the Striaton Trio couldn't make it to the battle because they were trying to find a replacement leader?

During my playthrought of W2 I have ended up with the worst team ever.

Currently at Driftveil City and I have growlithe, Espeon (Bite, Quick attack -__-), Driftloon, Golbat, Stunfisk at lv 24-27. I have a feeling Clays Excadrill is gonna be a bitch xD I'm so regret not using the Water stone I got from dream radar on Eevee :/

Currently at Driftveil City and I have growlithe, Espeon (Bite, Quick attack -__-), Driftloon, Golbat, Stunfisk at lv 24-27. I have a feeling Clays Excadrill is gonna be a bitch xD I'm so regret not using the Water stone I got from dream radar on Eevee :/
there are pokemon everywhere around driftveil that destroys clay

deerling, marill, ducklett, etc

Get the red shards from nimbasa pokemon center and use them to teach Espeon signal beam in the building left of the pokemon center in driftveil. Clay's gym is slammed full of baltoy and sandile/krokorok. Or catch a deerling and use the shards for seed bomb for it.

Get the red shards from nimbasa pokemon center and use them to teach Espeon signal beam in the building left of the pokemon center in driftveil. Clay's gym is slammed full of baltoy and sandile/krokorok. Or catch a deerling and use the shards for seed bomb for it.
Great, didn't know about those free shards :D Are there any NPCs that give out the other shards as well? :D

Guess I will have to use that Deerling from the weather station, serene grace is such a waste thought, I can't believe they didn't give Deerling/sawsbuck like stomp or headbutt -.- Still, my team is horrible and I find myself loosing half my teams against random trainers, haha xD And I guess I will have a big dragon weakness later, I probably should've picked that delibird from DW instead of Pidgey :P

Edit: Eh, thought this would be a hard gym fight, but Clay used Metal claw,rock slide, then metal claw against my Stunfisk before finally Bulldozing -_____- Then I just took it out with my lv 24 Growlithe because I had gotten one million speed drops with Mud shot.

So far as I understand it, that White 2 cart can't send the key again

It's only like borrowing the Black 2 key, using it, and then giving it right back.

I was quite underwhelmed by the plot-battle with White Kyurem in Whine 2. Level 52ish Lucario basically 2HKO'd it with Aura Sphere. Then Lucario got curb stomped by Ghetsis.
I was pretty disappointed about that too. I 2HKO'd Black Kyurem with Magnezone's Flash Cannon.

But of course, it tried using Freeze Shock, but it was paralyzed on the 2nd turn.

Once Challenge Mode is unlocked on a Black 2 cartridge is it permanent? Can you restart the game as many times in challenge mode as you want? Or do you have to transfer in order to play through in challenge mode?

Once Challenge Mode is unlocked on a Black 2 cartridge is it permanent? Can you restart the game as many times in challenge mode as you want? Or do you have to transfer in order to play through in challenge mode?
If you restart the game you lose any keys you've unlocked.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This game is awesome! The music in each of the gyms being a little different is a really cool touch. Burgh's gym has taken my heart as best gym ever btw. Join Avenue is really cool as well(music is great), gunna have a lot of fun with it.

Just caught N's Darmanitan in the Desort Resort, its lv 35 when my highest atm is 26. It one shot two of my 'mons before I could bring Magnemite in on a Thrash(would only survive at like 3-4 HP each time though). Between Thunder Wave, Sandstorm and finally confusion damage I was able to whittle it down and catch it. If I hadn't used Darmantian on my Black 1 playthrough or if I wasn't already using Tepig starter on Black 2, I'd so use it(though it would surely be OP as hell).

I don't have the game yet but I hear there are modes in this game. Is this true, and if so what is the hardest mode and how hard is it.

If this is just something out of someone's ass though, I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't have the game yet but I hear there are modes in this game. Is this true, and if so what is the hardest mode and how hard is it.

If this is just something out of someone's ass though, I wouldn't be surprised.
There are two modes: Chellenge mode and an easy mode, but the implementation is... "interesting" at best.

You "unlock" ONE of these difficulties after you defeat the champion, which one you unlock is based on the game you're playing.

Black 2 (Kyurem-Zekrom Cover) unlocks Challenge mode
White 2 (Kyurem-Reshiram Cover) unlocks the easier mode

This means that you can only apply the change in difficulty for post-game, BUT they can also be traded to unlock (unlimited number of trades, you never lose the item since it's a "Key Item") them for other players earlier on.

You trade them at the main menu (right after the title screen) by selecting the Unova Link option.

Basically, if you want Challenge mode from the beginning of the game, you need someone with a copy of Black 2 that already beat the Champion to trade it to you.

The changes are:
Gym leaders and elite for get a bigger roster of pokemon, better movesets, slightly better AI, and maybe a level or two increase.

tbh, it's not much of a difference but you notice it in the Gym battles since normally all gym leaders have 2-3 pokemon (which is depressing).

Not sure how good the AI gets since me rival's Emboar keeps trying to beat my Serperior with Take Down instead of his Fire type move...

The changes in the moveset is pretty significant though so I think that that and the number of gym leader pokemon are the main draws.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok so I don't know where else I'd ask this but I need some Friend Codes to put in my Pal Pad so I can get some more of these delicious medals. PM or VM if you wanna swap codes :)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In terms of HM slaves for the main game does anyone have any good ones? I can't stand to put anything aside from surf on my fighters.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If you are playing W2, you can use the Route 4 Monday Braviary for Cut/Strength/Fly. It should cover all your needs aside from a Water-type with Waterfall/Dive/Surf.

Do you really need Cut? I can't remember a point where it's /required/ for anything other than entering the Dream Yard for Lati@s.

The only required ones I can think of are Strength (which is at least useful and probably wouldn't be total dead weight depending on the Pokemon) & Surf. Not 100% sure about Waterfall: It's not required in B2's victory road but maybe it is in White 2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)